Jump to topic:

Modern Slavery in United States

suttichart.denpruektham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2014 10:48:58 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
This video here are claiming that a lot of people in the US are still live in slavery.

https://www.youtube.com...

Aside from some statistic figure, there are not many detail on what kind of people are enslaved in the US, as well as their living condition and the industry that might employed them. The video keep going on about the conditions in Russia for unknown reason (instead of going to some places like China or Bangladesh where these issues are particularly serious) but I feel more interesting about these issues in the US, how can it ever developed under your law enforcement system which doesn't have a "flexible" reputation as in the Russian or China police forces.

So do any of you have any information to share in that matter? I think it will be an interesting topic.
Wocambs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2014 11:25:08 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/1/2014 10:48:58 AM, suttichart.denpruektham wrote:
This video here are claiming that a lot of people in the US are still live in slavery.

https://www.youtube.com...

Aside from some statistic figure, there are not many detail on what kind of people are enslaved in the US, as well as their living condition and the industry that might employed them. The video keep going on about the conditions in Russia for unknown reason (instead of going to some places like China or Bangladesh where these issues are particularly serious) but I feel more interesting about these issues in the US, how can it ever developed under your law enforcement system which doesn't have a "flexible" reputation as in the Russian or China police forces.

So do any of you have any information to share in that matter? I think it will be an interesting topic.

"What is Freedom?"ye can tell
That which slavery is, too well"
For its very name has grown
To an echo of your own.

""Tis to work and have such pay
As just keeps life from day to day
In your limbs, as in a cell
For the tyrants" use to dwell,

"So that ye for them are made
Loom, and plough, and sword, and spade,
With or without your own will bent
To their defence and nourishment