Jump to topic:

Stupid post office.

Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2010 2:25:45 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I send in a form for a private student loan for next year. Several weeks later it comes back to me saying postage due 44 cents. So I put 84cents worth on due to the denominations I have being in 42s. It comes back again, they circle the postage due, so I put an extra 42s cents on, draw a freaking arrow and circle the stamps I've added since the original postage due notice.

Are they stupid or just trying to defraud me?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2010 2:29:07 PM
At 5/19/2010 2:25:45 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
I send in a form for a private student loan for next year. Several weeks later it comes back to me saying postage due 44 cents. So I put 84cents worth on due to the denominations I have being in 42s. It comes back again, they circle the postage due, so I put an extra 42s cents on, draw a freaking arrow and circle the stamps I've added since the original postage due notice.

How strange? Maybe do it over the counter at the actual post office itself?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2010 2:31:52 PM
Yeah I don't know why you don't do it directly at the post office. I've had trouble like it in the past and it's just so much easier to be there in person, with someone there you can blame personally if anything goes wrong.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2010 2:32:45 PM
At 5/19/2010 2:29:07 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

I might if they send it back again.

It'll suck if the mess results in losing out on the limited funds for the loan.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2010 2:34:04 PM
That said there are only two days in a week I can even get anywhere near a post office, given the whole "live with parents and most classes are online" thing.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2010 2:35:13 PM
At 5/19/2010 2:32:45 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 5/19/2010 2:29:07 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

I might if they send it back again.

It'll suck if the mess results in losing out on the limited funds for the loan.

If you can send it recorded post you can track it online, so be certain of what actually happens to it.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2010 2:36:11 PM
Amendment, there are no days of the week I can get anywhere near a post office during its open hours. :P
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2010 2:37:14 PM
At 5/19/2010 2:36:11 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Amendment, there are no days of the week I can get anywhere near a post office during its open hours. :P

Bloody hell you must be pretty busy.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2010 2:37:54 PM
It might be too late already anyway. About the time I sent the loan the website took down their loan request forms for the year. I had the form filled out obviously, but if they're out of money I'm stuck with higher interest stuff.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2010 2:38:43 PM
At 5/19/2010 2:37:14 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

It's more like-- I'm not allowed to leave the house without an excuse, as a condition of living there, and unusual times for leaving require like a week's notice. Lol.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2010 2:39:10 PM
At 5/19/2010 2:37:54 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
It might be too late already anyway. About the time I sent the loan the website took down their loan request forms for the year. I had the form filled out obviously, but if they're out of money I'm stuck with higher interest stuff.

That really sucks.
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2010 9:33:19 PM
At 5/19/2010 2:38:43 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

It's more like-- I'm not allowed to leave the house without an excuse, as a condition of living there, and unusual times for leaving require like a week's notice. Lol.
Sounds like a prison.

At 5/19/2010 7:59:42 PM, wjmelements wrote:
Avoid the USPS at all costs.
This + your avie = WIN
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2010 10:30:40 PM
At 5/19/2010 9:33:19 PM, Rezzealaux wrote:
Sounds like a prison.

yeah, that's rather odd.

I really don't think i'd be able to handle that...

I can hardly handle living with my folks as it is... and they only bug me about not cleaning my room.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2010 10:50:59 PM

There is a post office right off of UW, next to the apple store.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2010 4:38:15 AM
I'm not allowed to leave the house without an excuse, as a condition of living there, and unusual times for leaving require like a week's notice. Lol.

Wow, maybe if I'd been raised under such a regime, then I would be an obsessive libertarian too lol

Seriously, this explains a lot.

However surely your parents/guardians want you to go to college and do well and would happily help you get your loan application sorted?
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2010 4:39:35 AM

Jesus....
Lukas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2010 5:40:43 AM
At 5/20/2010 4:38:15 AM, feverish wrote:
I'm not allowed to leave the house without an excuse, as a condition of living there, and unusual times for leaving require like a week's notice. Lol.

Wow, maybe if I'd been raised under such a regime, then I would be an obsessive libertarian too lol

I gotta agree with Feevz here, I have often struggled to understand the extremity of Ragnar's Libertarianism and general lack of humanity but this really does explain alot. I suppose in the face of such authority, liberty takes on new dimensions. I cant help thinking that Ragnar's loathing of 'the state' stems from his loathing of the state he's in. Enlightening, for real.
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2010 6:49:48 AM
At 5/20/2010 5:40:43 AM, Lukas wrote:
At 5/20/2010 4:38:15 AM, feverish wrote:

I gotta agree with Feevz here, I have often struggled to understand the extremity of Ragnar's Libertarianism and general lack of humanity

....and how long have you been here?
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
Lukas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2010 7:33:33 AM

....and how long have you been here?

Not long, granted, maybe my use of the word often is incorrect. Lets just say that I have had dialogues (of sorts) with the guy and found him to be extreme in certain views which surprised me because I don't really know anyone with same outlook.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2010 7:44:33 AM
At 5/19/2010 10:50:59 PM, OreEle wrote:

There is a post office right off of UW, next to the apple store.

I don't attend UW. Or go into Seattle proper more than once in a blue moon.

Fortunately, the tyranny ends this fall :P
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2010 7:45:48 AM
As for wanting to get things sorted, well, yes, but that doesn't make it any less of a pain in the *** to schedule such excursions
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2010 7:51:32 AM
Sure didn't hurt.

But I don't hypothesize it'll suddenly change just because I move off to Western Hippieland University.
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2010 2:45:59 PM
At 5/20/2010 7:51:32 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Sure didn't hurt.

But I don't hypothesize it'll suddenly change just because I move off to Western Hippieland University.

lol maybe you will convert all the hippies.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2010 3:08:34 PM
At 5/20/2010 2:45:59 PM, feverish wrote:
At 5/20/2010 7:51:32 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Sure didn't hurt.

lol maybe you will convert all the hippies.

I can only do so many of them, the steel magnate position gets tiring, and apparently my words can only convert fascists :P
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2010 3:11:40 PM

maybe they meant an additional 44 cents to what you already had on there?

otherwise it makes no sense...

also if your words were really that great at converting fascists, don't you think your parents would have relaxed their restrictions by now? :P
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2010 3:18:11 PM
At 5/20/2010 3:11:40 PM, belle wrote:

maybe they meant an additional 44 cents to what you already had on there?
They circled the 44 cents they already had. I'd added 84 cents since they first stamped it asking for 44.

also if your words were really that great at converting fascists, don't you think your parents would have relaxed their restrictions by now? :P
mom's a political liberal, just a personal fascist. Also, I'm not permitted to use such words, she just yells and drowns them out until I shut up.

(father does not live with me).
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2010 3:45:41 PM
At 5/20/2010 3:08:34 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
apparently my words can only convert fascists :P

...that shouldn't be seen as a good thing, heartless bastard. >_>
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2010 3:47:46 PM
At 5/20/2010 3:45:41 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
At 5/20/2010 3:08:34 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
apparently my words can only convert fascists :P

...that shouldn't be seen as a good thing, heartless bastard. >_>

Well, maybe everyone else just conforms to the crowd. (Can't conform to the crowd and become a fascist anymore after all, the crowd hates fascists).