Jump to topic:

A Question to Left Wingers

Objectivity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 3:41:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Why do some democrats and left wingers in the United States try to speculate as to what will make the Republican/Right wing more successful? I have also seen older democrats say that they were previously republicans but left when the republican party became "extremist" or other things of a similar nature. Is there a legitimate reason why the democratic party tries to tell the republican party what they need to do to become better or is it really what I suspect which is a Machiavellian game that attempts to remove the backbone from the republican party?

Here's a piece of advice: If you are a democrat that left the republican party because it became too "extremist" (which is a lie btw, I'll get in to that later).. quit complaining, stay in your party that wants to let in millions of illegal immigrants, punish the successful, kill unborn human beings, circumvent my 2nd amendment rights, and wants to have a weak foreign policy. Seriously, we don't want your advice and we won't miss you. If you think conservative-libertarianism (tea party) is extreme, if you really think the concept that we should maximize individual liberty whenever possible is such an extreme idea then I'd like to ask what you think of the founding fathers and enlightenment philosophers such as Immanuel Kant, John Locke, and Thomas Jefferson? Are they 'teabagger extremists' too? If a party who's manifesto is literally the constitution maybe they aren't the extremist ones, it is very possible that you are.

end/rant
gomergcc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 5:23:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
: Why do some democrats and left wingers in the United States try to speculate as to what will make the Republican/Right wing more successful? I have also seen older democrats say that they were previously republicans but left when the republican party became "extremist" or other things of a similar nature. Is there a legitimate reason why the democratic party tries to tell the republican party what they need to do to become better or is it really what I suspect which is a Machiavellian game that attempts to remove the backbone from the republican party?

Mostly it is a fair play issue. Millennials by and large vote Democrat. Many of us feel that we need Republicans to push us to make our ideas better. If something does not change then once the baby boomers leave us the Republican party will be greatly crippled. We on the left would like to at least have the moral high ground and say that you were warned, and we tried to help you.

Here's a piece of advice: If you are a democrat that left the republican party because it became too "extremist" (which is a lie btw, I'll get in to that later).. quit complaining, stay in your party that wants to let in millions of illegal immigrants, punish the successful, kill unborn human beings, circumvent my 2nd amendment rights, and wants to have a weak foreign policy. Seriously, we don't want your advice and we won't miss you. If you think conservative-libertarianism (tea party) is extreme, if you really think the concept that we should maximize individual liberty whenever possible is such an extreme idea then I'd like to ask what you think of the founding fathers and enlightenment philosophers such as Immanuel Kant, John Locke, and Thomas Jefferson? Are they 'teabagger extremists' too? If a party who's manifesto is literally the constitution maybe they aren't the extremist ones, it is very possible that you are.

How is a persons political opinion a lie? As long a person really feels that Republicans have become to "extremist" then it is not a lie. I personally find it very funny that you pick federalist as you examples. You do know they were in favor of a strong federal government over strong state rights? Also not one of your examples has anything to do with individual liberty. In fact some of them are against personal liberty. You also do understand that libertarianism is on the left wing and not the right?

When you lose because you didn't include minorities views, we will miss you.
When you lose because you didn't include non-Christian views, we will miss you.
When you lose because you upset women, we will miss you.
When you lose because you didn't live up to your own parties ideas on the environment, we will miss you.
When you lose because you put profits and big corporations before the middle class and the poor, we will miss you.