Taxes that should be imposed

BDPershing
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2014 8:51:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Individual:
Non-voter tax, Tax for upkeep of government and services given every 4 years, exempted by participating in national elections by showing up and being recognized as being at the voting location. (its estimated only 54% of the population vote for presidential election.)

Non-Patriot tax, if a citizen can recite the preamble and the first 10 amendments they will be exempted from this tax. (hue hue screwin around here but I challenge those to recite the 10 if you can good job, if you cant well your not involved enough)

High class tax, all citizens who make more than 95% of Americans will be subject to a .5% of income tax.

Business:
Non- American corporation tax, all corporations which claims to be American company must have at least one factory in the nation that makes and assembles 65% or more of their product in America.

Foreign:
Importation tax, all foreign goods will be taxed; tax will be exempted if the business owns at least one factory that produces and/or assembles 65% of their product in America.

Comment, rant, add, argue its up to you but voice your thoughts.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2014 8:57:57 PM
At 12/20/2014 8:51:02 PM, BDPershing wrote:
Individual:
Non-voter tax, Tax for upkeep of government and services given every 4 years, exempted by participating in national elections by showing up and being recognized as being at the voting location. (its estimated only 54% of the population vote for presidential election.)

Bad idea. Rational non-voting and non-voting as a form of protest are both perfectly acceptable.

Non-Patriot tax, if a citizen can recite the preamble and the first 10 amendments they will be exempted from this tax. (hue hue screwin around here but I challenge those to recite the 10 if you can good job, if you cant well your not involved enough)

High class tax, all citizens who make more than 95% of Americans will be subject to a .5% of income tax.

This is laughably low

Business:
Non- American corporation tax, all corporations which claims to be American company must have at least one factory in the nation that makes and assembles 65% or more of their product in America.

Foreign:
Importation tax, all foreign goods will be taxed; tax will be exempted if the business owns at least one factory that produces and/or assembles 65% of their product in America.

We already have a bunch of tariffs, but it depends on the industry.

Personally I'd like to see the estate tax expanded a whole lot more.
BDPershing
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2014 9:09:27 PM
At 12/20/2014 8:57:57 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
At 12/20/2014 8:51:02 PM, BDPershing wrote:
Individual:

Bad idea. Rational non-voting and non-voting as a form of protest are both perfectly acceptable.
Then there should be no problem for a small tax given every 4 years, its not forcing people to vote, it just gives an extra area of income for government so it can be used somewhere else. (I was thinking like 2 bucks)

This is laughably low
It is but when 1% make 31 mil average each and the amount of money borrowed is 487 mil in 2011 budget, this should give government another 541mil, ceasing borrowing and even paying off a few things.

Business:

Foreign:

We already have a bunch of tariffs, but it depends on the industry.
Not really, and not even close to the level other countries impose even on us, just looking for a way to even that out.

Personally I'd like to see the estate tax expanded a whole lot more.
Great idea for got about estate.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2014 9:13:06 PM
Oh ok with regards to the income tax I thought you were saying it would replace the current income tax, but if you want to increase the rate for the top 1% by .5%, I'm definitely ok with that.

As far as tariffs go, I think it's tough to say they are all good or all bad. I think it really depends on the industry, and I'm not a qualified expert to be able to say which are necessary or which should be increased or not.