Total Posts:16|Showing Posts:1-16
Jump to topic:

End of the War in Afghanistan

YYW
Posts: 36,391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 10:26:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
http://abcnews.go.com...

The war in Afghanistan, fought for 13 bloody years and still raging, came to a formal end Sunday with a quiet flag-lowering ceremony in Kabul that marked the transition of the fighting from U.S.-led combat troops to the country's own security forces.

How do we feel about this?
Tsar of DDO
Wocambs
Posts: 1,505
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 5:43:35 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At least another war fought in the interests of people who were never anywhere near the violence has come to an end.
Sidewalker
Posts: 3,713
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 8:22:56 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/29/2014 5:43:35 AM, Wocambs wrote:
At least another war fought in the interests of people who were never anywhere near the violence has come to an end.

Over 21,000 Afghanistan civilians were close enough to the violence to be killed in this war....that's almost ten times the number of Americans that died.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
slo1
Posts: 4,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 11:49:14 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/28/2014 10:26:32 PM, YYW wrote:
http://abcnews.go.com...

The war in Afghanistan, fought for 13 bloody years and still raging, came to a formal end Sunday with a quiet flag-lowering ceremony in Kabul that marked the transition of the fighting from U.S.-led combat troops to the country's own security forces.


How do we feel about this?

It is an end only in semantics. It really is the beginning.
Wocambs
Posts: 1,505
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 11:50:08 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/29/2014 8:22:56 AM, Sidewalker wrote:
At 12/29/2014 5:43:35 AM, Wocambs wrote:
At least another war fought in the interests of people who were never anywhere near the violence has come to an end.

Over 21,000 Afghanistan civilians were close enough to the violence to be killed in this war....that's almost ten times the number of Americans that died.

Yes, that's exactly what I was saying. America does not go to war in the interests of poor Afghans.
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,859
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 12:26:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/28/2014 10:26:32 PM, YYW wrote:
http://abcnews.go.com...

The war in Afghanistan, fought for 13 bloody years and still raging, came to a formal end Sunday with a quiet flag-lowering ceremony in Kabul that marked the transition of the fighting from U.S.-led combat troops to the country's own security forces.


How do we feel about this?

Can we annex Canada now?
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 1:01:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/29/2014 12:26:57 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 12/28/2014 10:26:32 PM, YYW wrote:
http://abcnews.go.com...

The war in Afghanistan, fought for 13 bloody years and still raging, came to a formal end Sunday with a quiet flag-lowering ceremony in Kabul that marked the transition of the fighting from U.S.-led combat troops to the country's own security forces.


How do we feel about this?

Can we annex Canada now?

Annexing Mexico would be more profitable.
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,859
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 1:02:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/29/2014 1:01:24 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 12/29/2014 12:26:57 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 12/28/2014 10:26:32 PM, YYW wrote:
http://abcnews.go.com...

The war in Afghanistan, fought for 13 bloody years and still raging, came to a formal end Sunday with a quiet flag-lowering ceremony in Kabul that marked the transition of the fighting from U.S.-led combat troops to the country's own security forces.


How do we feel about this?

Can we annex Canada now?

Annexing Mexico would be more profitable.

We need to end the Drug War before we do that.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 1:19:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/29/2014 1:02:35 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 12/29/2014 1:01:24 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 12/29/2014 12:26:57 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 12/28/2014 10:26:32 PM, YYW wrote:
http://abcnews.go.com...

The war in Afghanistan, fought for 13 bloody years and still raging, came to a formal end Sunday with a quiet flag-lowering ceremony in Kabul that marked the transition of the fighting from U.S.-led combat troops to the country's own security forces.


How do we feel about this?

Can we annex Canada now?

Annexing Mexico would be more profitable.

We need to end the Drug War before we do that.

Why? It is the perfect excuse for annexation....
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,859
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 1:20:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/29/2014 1:19:20 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 12/29/2014 1:02:35 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 12/29/2014 1:01:24 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 12/29/2014 12:26:57 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 12/28/2014 10:26:32 PM, YYW wrote:
http://abcnews.go.com...

The war in Afghanistan, fought for 13 bloody years and still raging, came to a formal end Sunday with a quiet flag-lowering ceremony in Kabul that marked the transition of the fighting from U.S.-led combat troops to the country's own security forces.


How do we feel about this?

Can we annex Canada now?

Annexing Mexico would be more profitable.

We need to end the Drug War before we do that.

Why? It is the perfect excuse for annexation....

We "help" them by sending enough troops into there. End the Drug War with out full force, the people will love us, and we'll have enough troops already in there to take over the government without much resistance.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Sidewalker
Posts: 3,713
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 2:22:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/29/2014 12:26:57 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 12/28/2014 10:26:32 PM, YYW wrote:
http://abcnews.go.com...

The war in Afghanistan, fought for 13 bloody years and still raging, came to a formal end Sunday with a quiet flag-lowering ceremony in Kabul that marked the transition of the fighting from U.S.-led combat troops to the country's own security forces.


How do we feel about this?

Can we annex Canada now?

We could, but nobody wants Canada.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,859
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 2:23:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/29/2014 2:22:23 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
At 12/29/2014 12:26:57 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 12/28/2014 10:26:32 PM, YYW wrote:
http://abcnews.go.com...

The war in Afghanistan, fought for 13 bloody years and still raging, came to a formal end Sunday with a quiet flag-lowering ceremony in Kabul that marked the transition of the fighting from U.S.-led combat troops to the country's own security forces.


How do we feel about this?

Can we annex Canada now?

We could, but nobody wants Canada.

How do you not want Canada?
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
HououinKyouma
Posts: 1,030
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 5:44:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/28/2014 10:26:32 PM, YYW wrote:
http://abcnews.go.com...

The war in Afghanistan, fought for 13 bloody years and still raging, came to a formal end Sunday with a quiet flag-lowering ceremony in Kabul that marked the transition of the fighting from U.S.-led combat troops to the country's own security forces.


How do we feel about this?

An incompetently organized campaign has come to an end, the war will go on for a while, though, the Taliban will keep trying to take over the country again, with the support of all the liberals in the West.
"Here the ways of men part: if you wish to strive for peace of soul and pleasure, then believe; if you wish to be a devotee of truth, then inquire." F. Nietzsche.

"Freedom is always freedom for the one who thinks differently." R. Luxemburg.

"The principle of the masochistic left is that, in general, two blacks make a white, half a loaf is the same as no bread." G. Orwell, paraphrase.

"Islamophobia is a word created by fascists, used by cowards, to manipulate morons". Andrew Cummins.
TryingToBeOpenMinded
Posts: 201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 12:03:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/29/2014 1:20:11 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 12/29/2014 1:19:20 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 12/29/2014 1:02:35 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 12/29/2014 1:01:24 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 12/29/2014 12:26:57 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 12/28/2014 10:26:32 PM, YYW wrote:
http://abcnews.go.com...

The war in Afghanistan, fought for 13 bloody years and still raging, came to a formal end Sunday with a quiet flag-lowering ceremony in Kabul that marked the transition of the fighting from U.S.-led combat troops to the country's own security forces.


How do we feel about this?

Can we annex Canada now?

Annexing Mexico would be more profitable.

We need to end the Drug War before we do that.

Why? It is the perfect excuse for annexation....

We "help" them by sending enough troops into there. End the Drug War with out full force, the people will love us, and we'll have enough troops already in there to take over the government without much resistance.

Funny. Every leader/politician says the same exact thing. We said that with the Iraq war. I'm sure USSR said that with Afghanistan.

The US has more military spending than every country in the world combined but it's still not enough to occupy a small country...