Jump to topic:

The 2014 Story Of The Year *

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 12:11:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Greetings boys and girls. Now we know that 2014 was a very active year. It was a very definitive one Im sure for some of you. And absolutely dramatic and spontaneous in every single way. What do I think is the story of the year ? Im going with the protests here in the US AND the recent events that took place in New York City and Ferguson Missouri. Its going down in history. This is big, this is major. What do you have.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 9:20:57 AM
At 12/31/2014 12:11:31 PM, inferno wrote:
Greetings boys and girls. Now we know that 2014 was a very active year. It was a very definitive one Im sure for some of you. And absolutely dramatic and spontaneous in every single way. What do I think is the story of the year ? Im going with the protests here in the US AND the recent events that took place in New York City and Ferguson Missouri. Its going down in history. This is big, this is major. What do you have.

As to the question of what the domestic news story of the year was, I would agree. Ferguson and the "I can't breathe" guy in NYC were definitely the story of the year. But, let's not forget about that 12 year old kid with the toy gun who got shot. The way police officers responded to that was fvcked too.

As to the question of what the international news story of the year was, it's ISIS.
Tsar of DDO
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 12:01:28 PM
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 2:01:16 PM
At 12/31/2014 8:17:48 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
SA Spurs winning the NBA title and redeeming last year's loss in the finals

That was big, but not the biggest.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 2:01:59 PM
At 1/2/2015 9:20:57 AM, YYW wrote:

As to the question of what the domestic news story of the year was, I would agree. Ferguson and the "I can't breathe" guy in NYC were definitely the story of the year. But, let's not forget about that 12 year old kid with the toy gun who got shot. The way police officers responded to that was fvcked too.

As to the question of what the international news story of the year was, it's ISIS.

More cops being ostracized now more than ever. Do you think this is a trend.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 2:04:02 PM
At 1/6/2015 2:01:59 PM, inferno wrote:

As long as the thugs are no longer being slandered. You would think we learned from OJ.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 2:16:25 PM
At 1/6/2015 2:04:02 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

As long as the thugs are no longer being slandered. You would think we learned from OJ.

No we didn't. This situation was much more serious than that. And unless youre an idiot, this is not totally about race. Note the amount of Whites who are also looting and protesting.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 2:29:58 PM
At 1/6/2015 2:16:25 PM, inferno wrote:

No we didn't. This situation was much more serious than that. And unless youre an idiot, this is not totally about race. Note the amount of Whites who are also looting and protesting.

I did not know the word 'thug' was a color in your rainbow.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 2:52:47 PM
At 1/6/2015 2:29:58 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

I don't care about thugs. Are you one of them. You seem out of it man. Liven up will ya. =)
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 2:54:58 PM
At 1/6/2015 2:52:47 PM, inferno wrote:
At 1/6/2015 2:29:58 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

I don't care about thugs. Are you one of them. You seem out of it man. Liven up will ya. =)

I refuse to apologize for my whiteness.