Jump to topic:

Bird Feeder

LostintheEcho1498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2015 1:53:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I realize this could go under funny as well, but thought politics was better suited:

I bought a bird feeder. I hung
It on my back porch and filled
It with seed. What a beauty of
A bird feeder it was, as I filled it
lovingly with seed. Within a
Week we had hundreds of birds
Taking advantage of the
Continuous flow of free and
Easily accessible food.

But then the birds started
Building nests in the boards
Of the patio, above the table,
And next to the barbecue.

Then came the poop. It was
Everywhere: on the patio tile,
The chairs, the table ..
Everywhere!

Then some of the birds
Turned mean. They would
Dive bomb me and try to
Peck me even though I had
Fed them out of my own
Pocket.

And others birds were
Boisterous and loud. They
Sat on the feeder and
Squawked and screamed at
All hours of the day and night
And demanded that I fill it
When it got low on food.

After a while, I couldn't even
Sit on my own back porch
Anymore. So I took down the
Bird feeder and in three days
The birds were gone. I cleaned
Up their mess and took down
The many nests they had built
All over the patio.

Soon, the back yard was like
It used to be .... Quiet, serene....
And no one demanding their
Rights to a free meal.

Now let's see.
Our government gives out
Free food, subsidized housing,
Free medical care and free
Education, and allows anyone
Born here to be an automatic
Citizen.

Then the illegal's came by the
Tens of thousands. Suddenly
Our taxes went up to pay for
Free services; small apartments
Are housing 5 families; you
Have to wait 6 hours to be seen
By an emergency room doctor;
Your child's second grade class is
Behind other schools because
Over half the class doesn't speak
English.

Corn Flakes now come in a
Bilingual box; I have to
'press one ' to hear my bank
Talk to me in English, and
People waving flags other
Than 'Old Glory' are
Squawking and screaming
In the streets, demanding
More rights and free liberties.

Just my opinion, but maybe
it's time for the government
To take down the bird feeder.

If you agree, pass it on; if not,
Just continue cleaning up the poop .
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2015 2:39:48 PM
You forgot the TL;DR:

Waaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!
There's foreigners here and I can't understand their language and theyre not white!!! Waaaaahhhh!!!
LostintheEcho1498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2015 3:19:59 PM
At 1/1/2015 2:39:48 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
You forgot the TL;DR:

Waaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!
There's foreigners here and I can't understand their language and theyre not white!!! Waaaaahhhh!!!

I think you missed the point. The point was not "rawr I'm a crazy racist so no people here except whites". The point is that America has a habit of giving things to people for free who aren't working for it and the ones who are working are the ones paying for it.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2015 3:34:40 PM
At 1/1/2015 3:19:59 PM, LostintheEcho1498 wrote:
You forgot the TL;DR:

Waaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!

I think you missed the point. The point was not "rawr I'm a crazy racist so no people here except whites". The point is that America has a habit of giving things to people for free who aren't working for it and the ones who are working are the ones paying for it.

Really? If that was your point (and it's still not correct, by the way) then why do these things bother you: a bilingual box of cereal, or pressing 1 to talk to someone in English, or even someone waving a flag that's not the American flag?

Furthermore, you have given no evidence to support your assertion that immigrants are a net drain on our economy. Did you know that when you add up all the contributions they make to the economy, and subtract all the benefits they receive from the government, they are still net contributors? Our economy (especially the agriculture and construction sectors) is heavily reliant on the labor of undocumented immigrants. Depending on what state you live in, to give just one example, produce prices would triple if farms had to replace immigrants with American employees making minimum wage.
LostintheEcho1498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2015 3:41:23 PM
At 1/1/2015 3:34:40 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
You forgot the TL;DR:

Waaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!

Really? If that was your point (and it's still not correct, by the way) then why do these things bother you: a bilingual box of cereal, or pressing 1 to talk to someone in English, or even someone waving a flag that's not the American flag?

Furthermore, you have given no evidence to support your assertion that immigrants are a net drain on our economy. Did you know that when you add up all the contributions they make to the economy, and subtract all the benefits they receive from the government, they are still net contributors? Our economy (especially the agriculture and construction sectors) is heavily reliant on the labor of undocumented immigrants. Depending on what state you live in, to give just one example, produce prices would triple if farms had to replace immigrants with American employees making minimum wage.

The problem with demanding that information or sourcing is that we don't have all illegals documented, so it really is impossible to tell. As for whether or not it hurts the economy, I ask who is no longer the number 1 economy? I ask what country is an outrageous number of dollars in debt? I ask what direction our taxes are going, up or down? I ask what direction America's GDP is headed? I ask how is the value of the dollar moving, increasing or decreasing in value? Now are all these things caused entirely by illegal immigrants and America's ridiculous welfare program? No, but it certainly is not helping in any way, shape, or form. As for waving different flags, yes I take a problem with that, actually. I don't take much offense from the bilingual box but this is America. America is the one feeding these people and they have the nerve to wave around a different flag and demand more? That doesn't sound right to me.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2015 3:56:11 PM
At 1/1/2015 3:41:23 PM, LostintheEcho1498 wrote:
You forgot the TL;DR:

Waaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!

The problem with demanding that information or sourcing is that we don't have all illegals documented, so it really is impossible to tell. As for whether or not it hurts the economy, I ask who is no longer the number 1 economy? I ask what country is an outrageous number of dollars in debt? I ask what direction our taxes are going, up or down? I ask what direction America's GDP is headed? I ask how is the value of the dollar moving, increasing or decreasing in value? Now are all these things caused entirely by illegal immigrants and America's ridiculous welfare program? No, but it certainly is not helping in any way, shape, or form. As for waving different flags, yes I take a problem with that, actually. I don't take much offense from the bilingual box but this is America. America is the one feeding these people and they have the nerve to wave around a different flag and demand more? That doesn't sound right to me.

There are a lot of problems with your views on the economy. For example: 1) The size of our debt is not important, the only thing that matters is whether or not we are thought to be capable of making the interest payments on it. 2) contrary to what some say, federal income tax rates are not really increasing, in fact they've remained mostly stable and are comparable to where they were about 50 years ago. 3) US GDP is actually growing.

I am glad that you agree that immigration alone doesn't determine these factors anyway. I just ask you to keep in mind that while some people, foreign or native, do want to be lazy and live off the government dime, most are not like that. Most people whether they were born here or not, just want the opportunity to work and make a living for themselves and their family. I support reforming immigration to crack down on people who bring weapons and drugs into this country, while allowing everyone else who simply wants to get a job and contribute to come here and pay taxes, and eventually become a citizen. The current system is bad for us because we can't accurately keep tabs on everyone, and it's bad for them because they often are exposed to exploitative employers.
LostintheEcho1498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2015 4:07:04 PM
At 1/1/2015 3:56:11 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
At 1/1/2015 3:41:23 PM, LostintheEcho1498 wrote:
You forgot the TL;DR:

Waaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!

There are a lot of problems with your views on the economy. For example: 1) The size of our debt is not important, the only thing that matters is whether or not we are thought to be capable of making the interest payments on it. 2) contrary to what some say, federal income tax rates are not really increasing, in fact they've remained mostly stable and are comparable to where they were about 50 years ago. 3) US GDP is actually growing.

I am glad that you agree that immigration alone doesn't determine these factors anyway. I just ask you to keep in mind that while some people, foreign or native, do want to be lazy and live off the government dime, most are not like that. Most people whether they were born here or not, just want the opportunity to work and make a living for themselves and their family. I support reforming immigration to crack down on people who bring weapons and drugs into this country, while allowing everyone else who simply wants to get a job and contribute to come here and pay taxes, and eventually become a citizen. The current system is bad for us because we can't accurately keep tabs on everyone, and it's bad for them because they often are exposed to exploitative employers.

Now is where it gets to why America hasn't done anything yet. How do we tell the people who simply want to live off of everyone else and the ones who are willing to work? I realize the simple answer is "well, offer a job". The problem is hundreds of other American wants to be offered that job as well. I really don't know how we could fix the problem, but really it is going to be a long hard process that desperately needs to start.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2015 10:03:41 PM
You forgot the TL;DR:

Waaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!

Don't listen to him, he is the resident DDO race baiter.