Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 2:57:38 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
#!

Are our reps. this crazy.
Is the job to tough?

Well... Who do you think will have a great keeping their seats?
Who near you has a chance to lose?
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 4:02:57 PM
Freedo, you're too reactionary for your own good.

Did this Congressman act in the best of ways? Hardly. He should be severely reprimanded.

However, don't be like Freedo and be so quick to judge. Sometimes these people have it coming to them. Case and point: a protester breaks the security group around Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien and gets up right in his face. Chretien promptly reacted in order to keep this guy from possibly harming him by essentially manhandling him out of his way for the lackluster RCMP personnel to get him.

I mean, if you're this Congressman, and some random college kid starts asking you some pretty odd questions in the middle of the street, zero credentials, with two cameras filming you - wouldn't you ask who the hell he is as well? Citizen journalism is one thing - being tools like I think these kids were is another.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 8:22:20 PM
I like how the Congressman made it look like he was casually putting his arm around the kid's shoulder as if they were posing - he was actually restricting the kid so he could get some answers ;)
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 8:23:36 PM
At 6/14/2010 8:22:20 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
I like how the Congressman made it look like he was casually putting his arm around the kid's shoulder as if they were posing - he was actually restricting the kid so he could get some answers ;)

Yeah. I think I would have used force against him. That is my problem. I would not have just taken it like that. Then again I am 6'4" 250.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 8:26:47 PM
At 6/14/2010 8:23:36 PM, comoncents wrote:

Yeah. I think I would have used force against him. That is my problem. I would not have just taken it like that. Then again I am 6'4" 250.

I would have calmly asked him to take his hands of me or I would use self-defense. If he persisted I would punch him the face. Only because he's a congressman though. I wouldn't do that in a normal scenario.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 8:27:33 PM
At 6/14/2010 8:26:47 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I would have calmly asked him to take his hands of me or I would use self-defense. If he persisted I would punch him the face. Only because he's a congressman though. I wouldn't do that in a normal scenario.

I call shenanigans.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 8:27:37 PM
At 6/14/2010 8:23:13 PM, Volkov wrote:
In all honesty, I find that Congressman badass. Anyone else?

*cricket, cricket*
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 8:29:45 PM
At 6/14/2010 8:27:37 PM, FREEDO wrote:

*cricket, cricket*

Indeed. Volkov only likes him because he's a Democrat.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 8:29:49 PM
At 6/14/2010 8:28:18 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

Agreed.

How could you say that? His actions were disgusting. He's a congressman!
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 8:31:39 PM
At 6/14/2010 8:29:49 PM, FREEDO wrote:
How could you say that? His actions were disgusting. He's a congressman!

@you and Nags,

No one thinks his actions were exactly good, or warranted... but come on. He just went up, like, you want to put a camera in my face? Huh, punk? I'll teach you what for!

And if it was a Republican, or a Libertarian or a Dipper or a Greenie, I would still think its pretty badass.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 8:32:13 PM
At 6/14/2010 8:23:36 PM, comoncents wrote:

Wow. I would not punch him in the face. I would just grab my phone and push him off in self defense not hit the guy in the face. There would be no way to justify that in court.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 8:33:49 PM
At 6/14/2010 8:31:39 PM, Volkov wrote:
No one thinks his actions were exactly good, or warranted... but come on. He just went up, like, you want to put a camera in my face? Huh, punk? I'll teach you what for!

He sounded like a retarded ogre. There was no flare or funniness, just brute force. Boring and unnecessary.

And if it was a Republican, or a Libertarian or a Dipper or a Greenie, I would still think its pretty badass.

Maybe the latter two because idk wtf they are. But definitely not the former two.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 8:35:20 PM
At 6/14/2010 8:33:49 PM, Nags wrote:
He sounded like a retarded ogre. There was no flare or funniness, just brute force. Boring and unnecessary.

Get a sense of humour, Nags, and you'll see the amusing part of it.

Maybe the latter two because idk wtf they are. But definitely not the former two.

I'm a little sick of you contradicting me on things for which you have no idea I'd respond to.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 8:37:51 PM
At 6/14/2010 8:35:20 PM, Volkov wrote:
Get a sense of humour, Nags, and you'll see the amusing part of it.

Elementary school humor is just so, I dunno, elementary.

I'm a little sick of you contradicting me on things for which you have no idea I'd respond to.

Oh, but I do.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 8:39:25 PM
At 6/14/2010 8:37:51 PM, Nags wrote:
Elementary school humor is just so, I dunno, elementary.

That was lame. You could think up something better than that.

Oh, but I do.

That's just... yeah.
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2010 4:48:17 AM

Are you saying you respect him for this kind of behaviour Volkov? I don't get it.

Do you consider playground bullies to be "badass" too?
Veridas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2010 11:16:11 AM
I'd have to kick him, I'm sorry.

I ask a man who is supposed to serve me and people like me a simple question, he grabs me and starts acting threatening? f*ck that.

I'd warn the cunt first, but if he didn't let go of me right quick, his suit would end up with a footprint on it.
What fresh dickery is the internet up to today?
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2010 11:24:47 AM
At 6/15/2010 4:48:17 AM, feverish wrote:
Are you saying you respect him for this kind of behaviour Volkov? I don't get it.

I believe I've said several times "no." What he did was inexcusable, though I can certainly see why he might do it.

I dunno, do you consider boxers, soccer players and others "bullies" as well? How about Gordon Brown?

Forgive me for thinking that this guy reacting in a way that I think most probably would if they had a camera shoved in their faces. It's not often you see the usually spineless politicians act so intimidating and forthright.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2010 11:28:36 AM
At 6/14/2010 8:27:33 PM, Volkov wrote:

I call shenanigans.

he wouldn't do it either way.
signature
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2010 11:46:19 AM
At 6/15/2010 11:24:47 AM, Volkov wrote:
At 6/15/2010 4:48:17 AM, feverish wrote:

I believe I've said several times "no." What he did was inexcusable, though I can certainly see why he might do it.

Hahaaaaaaa. Ooook.

I dunno, do you consider boxers, soccer players and others "bullies" as well?

What? Boxers fight other boxers voluntarily. Soccer players voluntarily play other soccer players. Bully victims generally aren't voluntary.

How about Gordon Brown?

Does he assault people?

Forgive me for thinking that this guy reacting in a way that I think most probably would if they had a camera shoved in their faces.

Celebrities have it tough. So very true. A Congressman should understand that as a public figure, no one has the right to take a public picture of him. I completely agree. /sarcasm

It's not often you see the usually spineless politicians act so intimidating and forthright.

Ergo, he's a badass? Cool story. More like he's a drunken old guy picking on some college students.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2010 11:51:56 AM
Meh, if you don't find it the way I do, then that's your business, @ Nags, feverish, and etc. We've all got different ideas about what is and isn't entertaining in some way.
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2010 12:49:22 PM
At 6/15/2010 11:51:56 AM, Volkov wrote:
Meh, if you don't find it the way I do, then that's your business, @ Nags, feverish, and etc. We've all got different ideas about what is and isn't entertaining in some way.

lol it is quite unusual that I'm agreeing with Nags and disagreeing with you.

I can see how it could be entertaining but I find the guy pathetic rather than badass. If he doesn't act like that to professional journalists then why towards college students?

I would think it far more badass if the kid had belted him one in response to being manhandled. I'm no objectivist but I do have more respect for force when it is used in retaliation.
sherlockmethod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2010 7:51:24 PM
The Congressman overreacted and should be reprimanded for what he did, no question. He should have kept walking and said nothing after the boys refused to give their names. I do not recommend any public official at the national level to say anything in front of a camera when confronted in that manner.
Library cards: Stopping stupid one book at a time.