Total Posts:139|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

World Peace

Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 6:49:44 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/14/2010 6:48:42 PM, FREEDO wrote:
We will live to see it.

And the basis of this rather vague conclusion is?...
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 6:51:30 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Because this is the age of the internet. The age of change. The age of reason. We have the ability. All we need is the passion.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 6:52:20 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/14/2010 6:51:30 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Because this is the age of the internet. The age of change. The age of reason. We have the ability. All we need is the passion.

That's completely and utterly naive.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 6:54:28 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/14/2010 6:52:20 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 6/14/2010 6:51:30 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Because this is the age of the internet. The age of change. The age of reason. We have the ability. All we need is the passion.

That's completely and utterly naive.

The cancerous mindset behind this sentiment is the reason we don't have it yet.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 7:00:35 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/14/2010 6:54:28 PM, FREEDO wrote:
The cancerous mindset behind this sentiment is the reason we don't have it yet.

Freedo, let me explain something to you.

You're young. Not only in age, but in intellect. That doesn't mean you're not smart, but you're generally too idealistic for your own good.

Sentiments which sound fuzzy, warm and good to you are what you think is possible, even if they're vague, unjustifiable and nonsensical. You live for the one-liner from your favourite thinkers and people which you think is "cool." Your ideology is nothing but mouthed platitudes with almost no backing behind it. It's a fad to you more than anything. It makes you "different" and it makes you cheery. That's it. No one here actually takes you seriously. You're somewhat interesting, and you have some nice, generalized ideas... but no.

So unless you can come up with a structured argument based around what you said, I'd quite while you're behind.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 7:03:46 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/14/2010 7:00:35 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 6/14/2010 6:54:28 PM, FREEDO wrote:
The cancerous mindset behind this sentiment is the reason we don't have it yet.

Freedo, let me explain something to you.

You're young. Not only in age, but in intellect. That doesn't mean you're not smart, but you're generally too idealistic for your own good.

Sentiments which sound fuzzy, warm and good to you are what you think is possible, even if they're vague, unjustifiable and nonsensical. You live for the one-liner from your favourite thinkers and people which you think is "cool." Your ideology is nothing but mouthed platitudes with almost no backing behind it. It's a fad to you more than anything. It makes you "different" and it makes you cheery. That's it. No one here actually takes you seriously. You're somewhat interesting, and you have some nice, generalized ideas... but no.

So unless you can come up with a structured argument based around what you said, I'd quite while you're behind.

Your assessment of me is wrong.

I will debate the possibility of world peace within this century with anyone.

But I'm already in one right now. I'll do it at a later time.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 7:19:55 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I think Freedo is completely serious. He's definitely young but at least he has an interest in relatively educational things meaning there's hope for him still (unlike most of America). He's definitely idealistic but I still take him seriouslyish :)
President of DDO
Rob1Billion
Posts: 1,338
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 7:40:05 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Wait a minute... "world peace" is a troll comment now?

Volkov: You represent the sigh of the oppressed creature. It is only through new ideas from new minds that we can possibly break the status quo and its beaten-down conservative ideology. Freedo has decided to reject the old and tired centrism you accept as the only viable solution. I, for one, don't believe that centuries from now we are still going to be running the government in the same old "tried and true" manner.
Master P is the end result of capitalism.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 7:41:56 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/14/2010 7:40:05 PM, Rob1Billion wrote:
Wait a minute... "world peace" is a troll comment now?

Volkov: You represent the sigh of the oppressed creature. It is only through new ideas from new minds that we can possibly break the status quo and its beaten-down conservative ideology. Freedo has decided to reject the old and tired centrism you accept as the only viable solution. I, for one, don't believe that centuries from now we are still going to be running the government in the same old "tried and true" manner.

*fist-bump*
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 7:44:10 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Umm...yea...as much as I would like there to be world peace it won't be happening in our lifetime. Sorry to burst your bubble, Freedo. Like just look at conflicts like the Arab/Israeli conflict. That has been going on non-stop since the creation of Israel(1948).
PoeJoe
Posts: 3,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 7:45:03 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/14/2010 7:40:05 PM, Rob1Billion wrote:
I, for one, don't believe that centuries from now we are still going to be running the government in the same old "tried and true" manner.

...and you believe that we will have world peace within the next ninety years simply because of the Internet?
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 7:46:22 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/14/2010 7:44:10 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Umm...yea...as much as I would like there to be world peace it won't be happening in our lifetime. Sorry to burst your bubble, Freedo. Like just look at conflicts like the Arab/Israeli conflict. That has been going on non-stop since the creation of Israel(1948).

The longer it's been going, the sooner it'll be stopping.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 7:47:16 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/14/2010 7:40:05 PM, Rob1Billion wrote:
Volkov: You represent the sigh of the oppressed creature. It is only through new ideas from new minds that we can possibly break the status quo and its beaten-down conservative ideology. Freedo has decided to reject the old and tired centrism you accept as the only viable solution. I, for one, don't believe that centuries from now we are still going to be running the government in the same old "tried and true" manner.

Don't make my analyze you too, Rob. I won't be as nice.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 7:49:20 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/14/2010 7:47:16 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 6/14/2010 7:40:05 PM, Rob1Billion wrote:
Volkov: You represent the sigh of the oppressed creature. It is only through new ideas from new minds that we can possibly break the status quo and its beaten-down conservative ideology. Freedo has decided to reject the old and tired centrism you accept as the only viable solution. I, for one, don't believe that centuries from now we are still going to be running the government in the same old "tried and true" manner.

Don't make my analyze you too, Rob. I won't be as nice.

Analyze. Pfft. Like you're some mind-reader. You can't get in our heads as well as you think you can.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 7:50:39 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/14/2010 7:49:20 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Analyze. Pfft. Like you're some mind-reader. You can't get in our heads as well as you think you can.

I bet you I can. Even over the internet, your text, your interests, your interactions and your ideas all belie things about you. :P That is, if you're acting in your true self.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 7:52:23 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/14/2010 7:50:39 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 6/14/2010 7:49:20 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Analyze. Pfft. Like you're some mind-reader. You can't get in our heads as well as you think you can.

I bet you I can. Even over the internet, your text, your interests, your interactions and your ideas all belie things about you. :P That is, if you're acting in your true self.

And you call me naive.

Tis laughable.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 7:53:27 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/14/2010 7:52:23 PM, FREEDO wrote:
And you call me naive.

You are.

Tis laughable.

I'm just fairly confident. The choices are my analysis of you, or you're lying. Either way, I win in some way.
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 7:57:00 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I'd love world peace, but it truly is idealistic.

I like how INH posted that the recognition of the state of Israel really developed the trouble we have in the Middle East right now. I've been thinking quite recently about what would have happened if we didn't recognize Israel. We would sure be in a better state of affairs with many powerful nations abroad.
Clockwork
Posts: 349
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 7:57:05 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
We have entered an age where any one lunatic has a continuously increasing potential to destroy all life to satisfy increasingly arbitrary desires. -Stephen Hawking

http://en.wikipedia.org...
Felonial Disenfranchisement: http://www.debate.org...
Poverty v. Environmental Protection: http://www.debate.org...
On God and Free Will: http://www.debate.org...
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 7:57:37 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/14/2010 7:56:46 PM, Rob1Billion wrote:
Volkov, your a Canadian; we don't even really take you seriously.

No one outside of the US takes us seriously.

Watch what you say. It can come back and bite you in the butt.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 7:58:19 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/14/2010 7:56:46 PM, Rob1Billion wrote:
Volkov, your a Canadian; we don't even really take you seriously.

You're a socialist - where do you think this places you on the respect scale of this site? xD
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 8:01:27 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/14/2010 7:58:19 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 6/14/2010 7:56:46 PM, Rob1Billion wrote:
Volkov, your a Canadian; we don't even really take you seriously.

You're a socialist - where do you think this places you on the respect scale of this site? xD

Haha nice comeback. xD Obviously not very high with all the libertarians and conservatives...
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 8:02:28 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/14/2010 7:57:00 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
I'd love world peace, but it truly is idealistic.

I like how INH posted that the recognition of the state of Israel really developed the trouble we have in the Middle East right now. I've been thinking quite recently about what would have happened if we didn't recognize Israel. We would sure be in a better state of affairs with many powerful nations abroad.

Yea, like most Arab nations are Anti-Israel. Things in the Middle East would be really quite different now without Israel... It's interesting.
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 8:02:46 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/14/2010 8:01:27 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 6/14/2010 7:58:19 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 6/14/2010 7:56:46 PM, Rob1Billion wrote:
Volkov, your a Canadian; we don't even really take you seriously.

You're a socialist - where do you think this places you on the respect scale of this site? xD

Haha nice comeback. xD Obviously not very high with all the libertarians and conservatives...

I had a nice one ;) I think conservatives and libertarians are much "clearer in mind" in aspects of government intervention compared to liberals.