Total Posts:127|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why you should sipport the Libertarian Party.

SitaraMusica
Posts: 1,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 10:09:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Libertarians are prochoice. Libertarians support low taxes such as the Fair Tax which is a 23% sales tax. Libertarians oppose torture. Libertarians only support war as self defense. Libertarians opposerpolicing the world. Libertarians support gun rights. Libertarians support voting rights. Am I missing anything?
Josh_debate
Posts: 170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 6:19:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/8/2015 10:09:30 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
Libertarians are prochoice. Libertarians support low taxes such as the Fair Tax which is a 23% sales tax. Libertarians oppose torture. Libertarians only support war as self defense. Libertarians opposerpolicing the world. Libertarians support gun rights. Libertarians support voting rights. Am I missing anything?

Libertarians are probably the best party that the U.S. has.
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,065
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 9:14:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/8/2015 10:09:30 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
Libertarians are prochoice. Libertarians support low taxes such as the Fair Tax which is a 23% sales tax. Libertarians oppose torture. Libertarians only support war as self defense. Libertarians opposerpolicing the world. Libertarians support gun rights. Libertarians support voting rights. Am I missing anything?

Lol, you used to have a link to a website called "Libertarians for life".
That you changed your stance so completely and so brazenly in such a short period of time would suggest a troll.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 9:46:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/8/2015 10:09:30 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
Libertarians are prochoice. Libertarians support low taxes such as the Fair Tax which is a 23% sales tax. Libertarians oppose torture. Libertarians only support war as self defense. Libertarians opposerpolicing the world. Libertarians support gun rights. Libertarians support voting rights. Am I missing anything?

You missed supporting privatized fire departments and police, the right for doctors to let someone die because they are poor or gay, The right for a pharmacy to refuse the service of medicine to someone because they are black. And apparently, support of murder when you acknowledge that some unborn (pending how far along they are) have the right to life but can still be aborted (though that is not a libertarian belief, just yours).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
SitaraMusica
Posts: 1,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 9:50:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 9:14:30 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 1/8/2015 10:09:30 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
Libertarians are prochoice. Libertarians support low taxes such as the Fair Tax which is a 23% sales tax. Libertarians oppose torture. Libertarians only support war as self defense. Libertarians opposerpolicing the world. Libertarians support gun rights. Libertarians support voting rights. Am I missing anything?

Lol, you used to have a link to a website called "Libertarians for life".
That you changed your stance so completely and so brazenly in such a short period of time would suggest a troll.
I changed my mind after checking out opposing viewpoints and the arguments behind them. I prefer to challenge myself and live up to my potential.
SitaraMusica
Posts: 1,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:05:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 9:46:23 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/8/2015 10:09:30 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
Libertarians are prochoice. Libertarians support low taxes such as the Fair Tax which is a 23% sales tax. Libertarians oppose torture. Libertarians only support war as self defense. Libertarians opposerpolicing the world. Libertarians support gun rights. Libertarians support voting rights. Am I missing anything?

You missed supporting privatized fire departments and police, the right for doctors to let someone die because they are poor or gay, The right for a pharmacy to refuse the service of medicine to someone because they are black. And apparently, support of murder when you acknowledge that some unborn (pending how far along they are) have the right to life but can still be aborted (though that is not a libertarian belief, just yours).
The pharmacist does not have the right to force their beliefs on people. Religion has no place in government. Libertarians are proven byt my fourth link.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:08:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:05:46 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/10/2015 9:46:23 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/8/2015 10:09:30 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
Libertarians are prochoice. Libertarians support low taxes such as the Fair Tax which is a 23% sales tax. Libertarians oppose torture. Libertarians only support war as self defense. Libertarians opposerpolicing the world. Libertarians support gun rights. Libertarians support voting rights. Am I missing anything?

You missed supporting privatized fire departments and police, the right for doctors to let someone die because they are poor or gay, The right for a pharmacy to refuse the service of medicine to someone because they are black. And apparently, support of murder when you acknowledge that some unborn (pending how far along they are) have the right to life but can still be aborted (though that is not a libertarian belief, just yours).
The pharmacist does not have the right to force their beliefs on people. Religion has no place in government. Libertarians are proven byt my fourth link.

Lol, the pharmacy is not government. Under libertarian philosophy, no one can be forced into an agreement or transaction against their will. If the pharmacy does not want to engage in a transaction (for any reason), that is their negative right under libertarianism.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Bennett91
Posts: 4,193
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:10:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/8/2015 10:09:30 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
Libertarians are prochoice. Libertarians support low taxes such as the Fair Tax which is a 23% sales tax. Libertarians oppose torture. Libertarians only support war as self defense. Libertarians opposerpolicing the world. Libertarians support gun rights. Libertarians support voting rights. Am I missing anything?

Libertarians don't care about income inequality. and would inevitably lead to an oligarchy.
Bennett91
Posts: 4,193
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:12:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:08:13 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:05:46 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/10/2015 9:46:23 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/8/2015 10:09:30 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
Libertarians are prochoice. Libertarians support low taxes such as the Fair Tax which is a 23% sales tax. Libertarians oppose torture. Libertarians only support war as self defense. Libertarians opposerpolicing the world. Libertarians support gun rights. Libertarians support voting rights. Am I missing anything?

You missed supporting privatized fire departments and police, the right for doctors to let someone die because they are poor or gay, The right for a pharmacy to refuse the service of medicine to someone because they are black. And apparently, support of murder when you acknowledge that some unborn (pending how far along they are) have the right to life but can still be aborted (though that is not a libertarian belief, just yours).
The pharmacist does not have the right to force their beliefs on people. Religion has no place in government. Libertarians are proven byt my fourth link.

Lol, the pharmacy is not government. Under libertarian philosophy, no one can be forced into an agreement or transaction against their will. If the pharmacy does not want to engage in a transaction (for any reason), that is their negative right under libertarianism.

+1
SitaraMusica
Posts: 1,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:14:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:08:13 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:05:46 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/10/2015 9:46:23 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/8/2015 10:09:30 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
Libertarians are prochoice. Libertarians support low taxes such as the Fair Tax which is a 23% sales tax. Libertarians oppose torture. Libertarians only support war as self defense. Libertarians opposerpolicing the world. Libertarians support gun rights. Libertarians support voting rights. Am I missing anything?

You missed supporting privatized fire departments and police, the right for doctors to let someone die because they are poor or gay, The right for a pharmacy to refuse the service of medicine to someone because they are black. And apparently, support of murder when you acknowledge that some unborn (pending how far along they are) have the right to life but can still be aborted (though that is not a libertarian belief, just yours).
The pharmacist does not have the right to force their beliefs on people. Religion has no place in government. Libertarians are proven byt my fourth link.

Lol, the pharmacy is not government. Under libertarian philosophy, no one can be forced into an agreement or transaction against their will. If the pharmacy does not want to engage in a transaction (for any reason), that is their negative right under libertarianism.
Libertarians believe that people have the right to make their own choices. If you think any one person can force religion on someone else, you are not a Libertarian. Religious freedom is not the right to force religion on people. If you think a fertilized egg has more rights than a self aware woman, you are not a Libertarian.
SitaraMusica
Posts: 1,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:18:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:10:57 PM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 1/8/2015 10:09:30 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
Libertarians are prochoice. Libertarians support low taxes such as the Fair Tax which is a 23% sales tax. Libertarians oppose torture. Libertarians only support war as self defense. Libertarians opposerpolicing the world. Libertarians support gun rights. Libertarians support voting rights. Am I missing anything?

Libertarians don't care about income inequality. and would inevitably lead to an oligarchy.
You are wrong. Libertarians do believe in liberty, equality, and freedom. I know because I'm a Libertarian.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:20:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:14:02 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:08:13 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:05:46 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/10/2015 9:46:23 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/8/2015 10:09:30 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
Libertarians are prochoice. Libertarians support low taxes such as the Fair Tax which is a 23% sales tax. Libertarians oppose torture. Libertarians only support war as self defense. Libertarians opposerpolicing the world. Libertarians support gun rights. Libertarians support voting rights. Am I missing anything?

You missed supporting privatized fire departments and police, the right for doctors to let someone die because they are poor or gay, The right for a pharmacy to refuse the service of medicine to someone because they are black. And apparently, support of murder when you acknowledge that some unborn (pending how far along they are) have the right to life but can still be aborted (though that is not a libertarian belief, just yours).
The pharmacist does not have the right to force their beliefs on people. Religion has no place in government. Libertarians are proven byt my fourth link.

Lol, the pharmacy is not government. Under libertarian philosophy, no one can be forced into an agreement or transaction against their will. If the pharmacy does not want to engage in a transaction (for any reason), that is their negative right under libertarianism.
Libertarians believe that people have the right to make their own choices.

Exactly, and if it is someone's choice not to sell you something, that is libertarian philosophy. Please, please, PLEASE, before falsely calling yourself a libertarian, read up on their two core concepts of self-ownership (read the works of John Locke, namely the Two Treatise of Government) and the non-aggression principle (read the works of
Ayn Rand and Murray Rothbard).

If you think any one person can force religion on someone else, you are not a Libertarian. Religious freedom is not the right to force religion on people. If you think a fertilized egg has more rights than a self aware woman, you are not a Libertarian.

You are completely not comprehending what I am talking about. There is no force of religion. I never mentioned religion at all. You just pulled it out of the air as yet another strawman.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:21:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:18:52 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:10:57 PM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 1/8/2015 10:09:30 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
Libertarians are prochoice. Libertarians support low taxes such as the Fair Tax which is a 23% sales tax. Libertarians oppose torture. Libertarians only support war as self defense. Libertarians opposerpolicing the world. Libertarians support gun rights. Libertarians support voting rights. Am I missing anything?

Libertarians don't care about income inequality. and would inevitably lead to an oligarchy.
You are wrong. Libertarians do believe in liberty, equality, and freedom. I know because I'm a Libertarian.

You are wrong. You are a liberal that thinks you are a libertarian, but you don't understand libertarian history, philosophy, or basic principles.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
SitaraMusica
Posts: 1,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:25:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:20:13 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:14:02 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:08:13 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:05:46 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/10/2015 9:46:23 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/8/2015 10:09:30 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
Libertarians are prochoice. Libertarians support low taxes such as the Fair Tax which is a 23% sales tax. Libertarians oppose torture. Libertarians only support war as self defense. Libertarians opposerpolicing the world. Libertarians support gun rights. Libertarians support voting rights. Am I missing anything?

You missed supporting privatized fire departments and police, the right for doctors to let someone die because they are poor or gay, The right for a pharmacy to refuse the service of medicine to someone because they are black. And apparently, support of murder when you acknowledge that some unborn (pending how far along they are) have the right to life but can still be aborted (though that is not a libertarian belief, just yours).
The pharmacist does not have the right to force their beliefs on people. Religion has no place in government. Libertarians are proven byt my fourth link.

Lol, the pharmacy is not government. Under libertarian philosophy, no one can be forced into an agreement or transaction against their will. If the pharmacy does not want to engage in a transaction (for any reason), that is their negative right under libertarianism.
Libertarians believe that people have the right to make their own choices.

Exactly, and if it is someone's choice not to sell you something, that is libertarian philosophy. Please, please, PLEASE, before falsely calling yourself a libertarian, read up on their two core concepts of self-ownership (read the works of John Locke, namely the Two Treatise of Government) and the non-aggression principle (read the works of
Ayn Rand and Murray Rothbard).

If you think any one person can force religion on someone else, you are not a Libertarian. Religious freedom is not the right to force religion on people. If you think a fertilized egg has more rights than a self aware woman, you are not a Libertarian.

You are completely not comprehending what I am talking about. There is no force of religion. I never mentioned religion at all. You just pulled it out of the air as yet another strawman.

No one has the right to force religion on other people. What about the religious rights of the woman? Face it: You just want to force women to give birth. Libertarians are prochoice.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:27:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:25:32 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:20:13 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:14:02 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:08:13 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:05:46 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/10/2015 9:46:23 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/8/2015 10:09:30 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
Libertarians are prochoice. Libertarians support low taxes such as the Fair Tax which is a 23% sales tax. Libertarians oppose torture. Libertarians only support war as self defense. Libertarians opposerpolicing the world. Libertarians support gun rights. Libertarians support voting rights. Am I missing anything?

You missed supporting privatized fire departments and police, the right for doctors to let someone die because they are poor or gay, The right for a pharmacy to refuse the service of medicine to someone because they are black. And apparently, support of murder when you acknowledge that some unborn (pending how far along they are) have the right to life but can still be aborted (though that is not a libertarian belief, just yours).
The pharmacist does not have the right to force their beliefs on people. Religion has no place in government. Libertarians are proven byt my fourth link.

Lol, the pharmacy is not government. Under libertarian philosophy, no one can be forced into an agreement or transaction against their will. If the pharmacy does not want to engage in a transaction (for any reason), that is their negative right under libertarianism.
Libertarians believe that people have the right to make their own choices.

Exactly, and if it is someone's choice not to sell you something, that is libertarian philosophy. Please, please, PLEASE, before falsely calling yourself a libertarian, read up on their two core concepts of self-ownership (read the works of John Locke, namely the Two Treatise of Government) and the non-aggression principle (read the works of
Ayn Rand and Murray Rothbard).

If you think any one person can force religion on someone else, you are not a Libertarian. Religious freedom is not the right to force religion on people. If you think a fertilized egg has more rights than a self aware woman, you are not a Libertarian.

You are completely not comprehending what I am talking about. There is no force of religion. I never mentioned religion at all. You just pulled it out of the air as yet another strawman.

No one has the right to force religion on other people. What about the religious rights of the woman? Face it: You just want to force women to give birth. Libertarians are prochoice.

Religion has no part of anything I said. So you are dropping the other issues or will you continue to just bounce back and forth when you have no real response to the previous.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Chang29
Posts: 732
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:30:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:10:57 PM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 1/8/2015 10:09:30 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
Libertarians are prochoice. Libertarians support low taxes such as the Fair Tax which is a 23% sales tax. Libertarians oppose torture. Libertarians only support war as self defense. Libertarians opposerpolicing the world. Libertarians support gun rights. Libertarians support voting rights. Am I missing anything?

Libertarians don't care about income inequality. and would inevitably lead to an oligarchy.

Politicians that care about income inequality are oligarchs. Government purpose is to ensure that rules are equally applied, not that the score is equal. Libertarian ideas of voluntary cooperation, property rights, individual rights, and non-aggression are far superior to forceful coercion of both liberalism and conservatism.
A free market anti-capitalist

If it can be de-centralized, it will be de-centralized.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:32:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:30:24 PM, Chang29 wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:10:57 PM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 1/8/2015 10:09:30 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
Libertarians are prochoice. Libertarians support low taxes such as the Fair Tax which is a 23% sales tax. Libertarians oppose torture. Libertarians only support war as self defense. Libertarians opposerpolicing the world. Libertarians support gun rights. Libertarians support voting rights. Am I missing anything?

Libertarians don't care about income inequality. and would inevitably lead to an oligarchy.

Politicians that care about income inequality are oligarchs. Government purpose is to ensure that rules are equally applied, not that the score is equal. Libertarian ideas of voluntary cooperation, property rights, individual rights, and non-aggression are far superior to forceful coercion of both liberalism and conservatism.

That's debatable, but what do you think about what the OP is advertising as libertarian beliefs?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
SitaraMusica
Posts: 1,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:33:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:27:25 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:25:32 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:20:13 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:14:02 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:08:13 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:05:46 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/10/2015 9:46:23 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/8/2015 10:09:30 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
Libertarians are prochoice. Libertarians support low taxes such as the Fair Tax which is a 23% sales tax. Libertarians oppose torture. Libertarians only support war as self defense. Libertarians opposerpolicing the world. Libertarians support gun rights. Libertarians support voting rights. Am I missing anything?

You missed supporting privatized fire departments and police, the right for doctors to let someone die because they are poor or gay, The right for a pharmacy to refuse the service of medicine to someone because they are black. And apparently, support of murder when you acknowledge that some unborn (pending how far along they are) have the right to life but can still be aborted (though that is not a libertarian belief, just yours).
The pharmacist does not have the right to force their beliefs on people. Religion has no place in government. Libertarians are proven byt my fourth link.

Lol, the pharmacy is not government. Under libertarian philosophy, no one can be forced into an agreement or transaction against their will. If the pharmacy does not want to engage in a transaction (for any reason), that is their negative right under libertarianism.
Libertarians believe that people have the right to make their own choices.

Exactly, and if it is someone's choice not to sell you something, that is libertarian philosophy. Please, please, PLEASE, before falsely calling yourself a libertarian, read up on their two core concepts of self-ownership (read the works of John Locke, namely the Two Treatise of Government) and the non-aggression principle (read the works of
Ayn Rand and Murray Rothbard).

If you think any one person can force religion on someone else, you are not a Libertarian. Religious freedom is not the right to force religion on people. If you think a fertilized egg has more rights than a self aware woman, you are not a Libertarian.

You are completely not comprehending what I am talking about. There is no force of religion. I never mentioned religion at all. You just pulled it out of the air as yet another strawman.

No one has the right to force religion on other people. What about the religious rights of the woman? Face it: You just want to force women to give birth. Libertarians are prochoice.

Religion has no part of anything I said. So you are dropping the other issues or will you continue to just bounce back and forth when you have no real response to the previous.

Pharmacists refuse to supply contraception and abortion because of religion.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:35:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:33:54 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:27:25 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:25:32 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:20:13 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:14:02 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:08:13 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:05:46 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/10/2015 9:46:23 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/8/2015 10:09:30 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
Libertarians are prochoice. Libertarians support low taxes such as the Fair Tax which is a 23% sales tax. Libertarians oppose torture. Libertarians only support war as self defense. Libertarians opposerpolicing the world. Libertarians support gun rights. Libertarians support voting rights. Am I missing anything?

You missed supporting privatized fire departments and police, the right for doctors to let someone die because they are poor or gay, The right for a pharmacy to refuse the service of medicine to someone because they are black. And apparently, support of murder when you acknowledge that some unborn (pending how far along they are) have the right to life but can still be aborted (though that is not a libertarian belief, just yours).
The pharmacist does not have the right to force their beliefs on people. Religion has no place in government. Libertarians are proven byt my fourth link.

Lol, the pharmacy is not government. Under libertarian philosophy, no one can be forced into an agreement or transaction against their will. If the pharmacy does not want to engage in a transaction (for any reason), that is their negative right under libertarianism.
Libertarians believe that people have the right to make their own choices.

Exactly, and if it is someone's choice not to sell you something, that is libertarian philosophy. Please, please, PLEASE, before falsely calling yourself a libertarian, read up on their two core concepts of self-ownership (read the works of John Locke, namely the Two Treatise of Government) and the non-aggression principle (read the works of
Ayn Rand and Murray Rothbard).

If you think any one person can force religion on someone else, you are not a Libertarian. Religious freedom is not the right to force religion on people. If you think a fertilized egg has more rights than a self aware woman, you are not a Libertarian.

You are completely not comprehending what I am talking about. There is no force of religion. I never mentioned religion at all. You just pulled it out of the air as yet another strawman.

No one has the right to force religion on other people. What about the religious rights of the woman? Face it: You just want to force women to give birth. Libertarians are prochoice.

Religion has no part of anything I said. So you are dropping the other issues or will you continue to just bounce back and forth when you have no real response to the previous.

Pharmacists refuse to supply contraception and abortion because of religion.

They can refuse for any reason they want. You are just assuming that it is because of religion. In the entire time I've been arguing in the other thread with you about why your views are wrong, I have not once mentioned religion nor made a single argument about religion. You just ignore it and keep spouting that it is about religion.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Chang29
Posts: 732
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:47:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:32:23 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:30:24 PM, Chang29 wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:10:57 PM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 1/8/2015 10:09:30 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
Libertarians are prochoice. Libertarians support low taxes such as the Fair Tax which is a 23% sales tax. Libertarians oppose torture. Libertarians only support war as self defense. Libertarians opposerpolicing the world. Libertarians support gun rights. Libertarians support voting rights. Am I missing anything?

Libertarians don't care about income inequality. and would inevitably lead to an oligarchy.

Politicians that care about income inequality are oligarchs. Government purpose is to ensure that rules are equally applied, not that the score is equal. Libertarian ideas of voluntary cooperation, property rights, individual rights, and non-aggression are far superior to forceful coercion of both liberalism and conservatism.

That's debatable, but what do you think about what the OP is advertising as libertarian beliefs?

Looking at just a part of the OP's original post about a 23% sales tax or as stated "Fair Tax". A problem with sales tax is the tax collection method, businesses should not be required (forced) to collect taxes for any government. Taxation should be equal amount per adult resident of America billed directly to an individual due on Election Day. This would keep all citizens equally invested in their government.
A free market anti-capitalist

If it can be de-centralized, it will be de-centralized.
SitaraMusica
Posts: 1,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:47:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:35:23 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:33:54 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:27:25 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:25:32 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:20:13 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:14:02 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:08:13 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:05:46 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/10/2015 9:46:23 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/8/2015 10:09:30 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
Libertarians are prochoice. Libertarians support low taxes such as the Fair Tax which is a 23% sales tax. Libertarians oppose torture. Libertarians only support war as self defense. Libertarians opposerpolicing the world. Libertarians support gun rights. Libertarians support voting rights. Am I missing anything?

You missed supporting privatized fire departments and police, the right for doctors to let someone die because they are poor or gay, The right for a pharmacy to refuse the service of medicine to someone because they are black. And apparently, support of murder when you acknowledge that some unborn (pending how far along they are) have the right to life but can still be aborted (though that is not a libertarian belief, just yours).
The pharmacist does not have the right to force their beliefs on people. Religion has no place in government. Libertarians are proven byt my fourth link.

Lol, the pharmacy is not government. Under libertarian philosophy, no one can be forced into an agreement or transaction against their will. If the pharmacy does not want to engage in a transaction (for any reason), that is their negative right under libertarianism.
Libertarians believe that people have the right to make their own choices.

Exactly, and if it is someone's choice not to sell you something, that is libertarian philosophy. Please, please, PLEASE, before falsely calling yourself a libertarian, read up on their two core concepts of self-ownership (read the works of John Locke, namely the Two Treatise of Government) and the non-aggression principle (read the works of
Ayn Rand and Murray Rothbard).

If you think any one person can force religion on someone else, you are not a Libertarian. Religious freedom is not the right to force religion on people. If you think a fertilized egg has more rights than a self aware woman, you are not a Libertarian.

You are completely not comprehending what I am talking about. There is no force of religion. I never mentioned religion at all. You just pulled it out of the air as yet another strawman.

No one has the right to force religion on other people. What about the religious rights of the woman? Face it: You just want to force women to give birth. Libertarians are prochoice.

Religion has no part of anything I said. So you are dropping the other issues or will you continue to just bounce back and forth when you have no real response to the previous.

Pharmacists refuse to supply contraception and abortion because of religion.

They can refuse for any reason they want. You are just assuming that it is because of religion. In the entire time I've been arguing in the other thread with you about why your views are wrong, I have not once mentioned religion nor made a single argument about religion. You just ignore it and keep spouting that it is about religion.

They have no right to force their beliefs on other people. There is nothing wrong with expecting people to do their job. Work is important. That is why I'm looking for work right now. I want the satisfaction of a good day's work,. If a pharmacist does not want to do their job, they need a new line of work.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:54:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:47:38 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:35:23 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:33:54 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:27:25 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:25:32 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:20:13 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:14:02 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:08:13 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:05:46 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/10/2015 9:46:23 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/8/2015 10:09:30 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
Libertarians are prochoice. Libertarians support low taxes such as the Fair Tax which is a 23% sales tax. Libertarians oppose torture. Libertarians only support war as self defense. Libertarians opposerpolicing the world. Libertarians support gun rights. Libertarians support voting rights. Am I missing anything?

You missed supporting privatized fire departments and police, the right for doctors to let someone die because they are poor or gay, The right for a pharmacy to refuse the service of medicine to someone because they are black. And apparently, support of murder when you acknowledge that some unborn (pending how far along they are) have the right to life but can still be aborted (though that is not a libertarian belief, just yours).
The pharmacist does not have the right to force their beliefs on people. Religion has no place in government. Libertarians are proven byt my fourth link.

Lol, the pharmacy is not government. Under libertarian philosophy, no one can be forced into an agreement or transaction against their will. If the pharmacy does not want to engage in a transaction (for any reason), that is their negative right under libertarianism.
Libertarians believe that people have the right to make their own choices.

Exactly, and if it is someone's choice not to sell you something, that is libertarian philosophy. Please, please, PLEASE, before falsely calling yourself a libertarian, read up on their two core concepts of self-ownership (read the works of John Locke, namely the Two Treatise of Government) and the non-aggression principle (read the works of
Ayn Rand and Murray Rothbard).

If you think any one person can force religion on someone else, you are not a Libertarian. Religious freedom is not the right to force religion on people. If you think a fertilized egg has more rights than a self aware woman, you are not a Libertarian.

You are completely not comprehending what I am talking about. There is no force of religion. I never mentioned religion at all. You just pulled it out of the air as yet another strawman.

No one has the right to force religion on other people. What about the religious rights of the woman? Face it: You just want to force women to give birth. Libertarians are prochoice.

Religion has no part of anything I said. So you are dropping the other issues or will you continue to just bounce back and forth when you have no real response to the previous.

Pharmacists refuse to supply contraception and abortion because of religion.

They can refuse for any reason they want. You are just assuming that it is because of religion. In the entire time I've been arguing in the other thread with you about why your views are wrong, I have not once mentioned religion nor made a single argument about religion. You just ignore it and keep spouting that it is about religion.

They have no right to force their beliefs on other people. There is nothing wrong with expecting people to do their job. Work is important. That is why I'm looking for work right now. I want the satisfaction of a good day's work,. If a pharmacist does not want to do their job, they need a new line of work.

There is no force involved with not offering a service. Also, I'm not talking about just an employee. If an employee is doing something different than what their employer is wanting, they will get fired. I am talking about if the EMPLOYER, the pharmacy itself, is not wanting to do business. There is (or was) a bar in Oregon that refuses to serve police officers. Under libertarianism, that is their right, to choose who they do business with and who they don't.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
AdamEsk
Posts: 202
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:59:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
No one has the right to force religion on other people. What about the religious rights of the woman? Face it: You just want to force women to give birth. Libertarians are prochoice.

Abortion is too controversial an issue to simply associate one side to Libertarianism. You can have Libertarians that believe women have the right to abort the child, and you can have Libertarians that believe an unborn child has rights once conceived and abortion infringes on those rights. Abortion is based on values much more than political standpoint, and values tend to trump political beliefs. Both consider themselves Libertarians and look foolish accusing the other as a fraud to the political party.
SitaraMusica
Posts: 1,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 11:00:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:54:19 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:47:38 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:35:23 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:33:54 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:27:25 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:25:32 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:20:13 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:14:02 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:08:13 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:05:46 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/10/2015 9:46:23 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/8/2015 10:09:30 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
Libertarians are prochoice. Libertarians support low taxes such as the Fair Tax which is a 23% sales tax. Libertarians oppose torture. Libertarians only support war as self defense. Libertarians opposerpolicing the world. Libertarians support gun rights. Libertarians support voting rights. Am I missing anything?

You missed supporting privatized fire departments and police, the right for doctors to let someone die because they are poor or gay, The right for a pharmacy to refuse the service of medicine to someone because they are black. And apparently, support of murder when you acknowledge that some unborn (pending how far along they are) have the right to life but can still be aborted (though that is not a libertarian belief, just yours).
The pharmacist does not have the right to force their beliefs on people. Religion has no place in government. Libertarians are proven byt my fourth link.

Lol, the pharmacy is not government. Under libertarian philosophy, no one can be forced into an agreement or transaction against their will. If the pharmacy does not want to engage in a transaction (for any reason), that is their negative right under libertarianism.
Libertarians believe that people have the right to make their own choices.

Exactly, and if it is someone's choice not to sell you something, that is libertarian philosophy. Please, please, PLEASE, before falsely calling yourself a libertarian, read up on their two core concepts of self-ownership (read the works of John Locke, namely the Two Treatise of Government) and the non-aggression principle (read the works of
Ayn Rand and Murray Rothbard).

If you think any one person can force religion on someone else, you are not a Libertarian. Religious freedom is not the right to force religion on people. If you think a fertilized egg has more rights than a self aware woman, you are not a Libertarian.

You are completely not comprehending what I am talking about. There is no force of religion. I never mentioned religion at all. You just pulled it out of the air as yet another strawman.

No one has the right to force religion on other people. What about the religious rights of the woman? Face it: You just want to force women to give birth. Libertarians are prochoice.

Religion has no part of anything I said. So you are dropping the other issues or will you continue to just bounce back and forth when you have no real response to the previous.

Pharmacists refuse to supply contraception and abortion because of religion.

They can refuse for any reason they want. You are just assuming that it is because of religion. In the entire time I've been arguing in the other thread with you about why your views are wrong, I have not once mentioned religion nor made a single argument about religion. You just ignore it and keep spouting that it is about religion.

They have no right to force their beliefs on other people. There is nothing wrong with expecting people to do their job. Work is important. That is why I'm looking for work right now. I want the satisfaction of a good day's work,. If a pharmacist does not want to do their job, they need a new line of work.

There is no force involved with not offering a service. Also, I'm not talking about just an employee. If an employee is doing something different than what their employer is wanting, they will get fired. I am talking about if the EMPLOYER, the pharmacy itself, is not wanting to do business. There is (or was) a bar in Oregon that refuses to serve police officers. Under libertarianism, that is their right, to choose who they do business with and who they don't.
There is nothing wrong with expecting people to do their job. If a pharmacist does not want to do their job, they need another line of work.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 11:09:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 11:00:43 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:54:19 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:47:38 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:35:23 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:33:54 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:27:25 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:25:32 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:20:13 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:14:02 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:08:13 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:05:46 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/10/2015 9:46:23 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/8/2015 10:09:30 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
Libertarians are prochoice. Libertarians support low taxes such as the Fair Tax which is a 23% sales tax. Libertarians oppose torture. Libertarians only support war as self defense. Libertarians opposerpolicing the world. Libertarians support gun rights. Libertarians support voting rights. Am I missing anything?

You missed supporting privatized fire departments and police, the right for doctors to let someone die because they are poor or gay, The right for a pharmacy to refuse the service of medicine to someone because they are black. And apparently, support of murder when you acknowledge that some unborn (pending how far along they are) have the right to life but can still be aborted (though that is not a libertarian belief, just yours).
The pharmacist does not have the right to force their beliefs on people. Religion has no place in government. Libertarians are proven byt my fourth link.

Lol, the pharmacy is not government. Under libertarian philosophy, no one can be forced into an agreement or transaction against their will. If the pharmacy does not want to engage in a transaction (for any reason), that is their negative right under libertarianism.
Libertarians believe that people have the right to make their own choices.

Exactly, and if it is someone's choice not to sell you something, that is libertarian philosophy. Please, please, PLEASE, before falsely calling yourself a libertarian, read up on their two core concepts of self-ownership (read the works of John Locke, namely the Two Treatise of Government) and the non-aggression principle (read the works of
Ayn Rand and Murray Rothbard).

If you think any one person can force religion on someone else, you are not a Libertarian. Religious freedom is not the right to force religion on people. If you think a fertilized egg has more rights than a self aware woman, you are not a Libertarian.

You are completely not comprehending what I am talking about. There is no force of religion. I never mentioned religion at all. You just pulled it out of the air as yet another strawman.

No one has the right to force religion on other people. What about the religious rights of the woman? Face it: You just want to force women to give birth. Libertarians are prochoice.

Religion has no part of anything I said. So you are dropping the other issues or will you continue to just bounce back and forth when you have no real response to the previous.

Pharmacists refuse to supply contraception and abortion because of religion.

They can refuse for any reason they want. You are just assuming that it is because of religion. In the entire time I've been arguing in the other thread with you about why your views are wrong, I have not once mentioned religion nor made a single argument about religion. You just ignore it and keep spouting that it is about religion.

They have no right to force their beliefs on other people. There is nothing wrong with expecting people to do their job. Work is important. That is why I'm looking for work right now. I want the satisfaction of a good day's work,. If a pharmacist does not want to do their job, they need a new line of work.

There is no force involved with not offering a service. Also, I'm not talking about just an employee. If an employee is doing something different than what their employer is wanting, they will get fired. I am talking about if the EMPLOYER, the pharmacy itself, is not wanting to do business. There is (or was) a bar in Oregon that refuses to serve police officers. Under libertarianism, that is their right, to choose who they do business with and who they don't.
There is nothing wrong with expecting people to do their job. If a pharmacist does not want to do their job, they need another line of work.

Not very libertarian of you. That is actually text book liberal (or socialist).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
SitaraMusica
Posts: 1,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 11:15:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 11:09:03 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/10/2015 11:00:43 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:54:19 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:47:38 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:35:23 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:33:54 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:27:25 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:25:32 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:20:13 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:14:02 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:08:13 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:05:46 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/10/2015 9:46:23 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/8/2015 10:09:30 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
Libertarians are prochoice. Libertarians support low taxes such as the Fair Tax which is a 23% sales tax. Libertarians oppose torture. Libertarians only support war as self defense. Libertarians opposerpolicing the world. Libertarians support gun rights. Libertarians support voting rights. Am I missing anything?

You missed supporting privatized fire departments and police, the right for doctors to let someone die because they are poor or gay, The right for a pharmacy to refuse the service of medicine to someone because they are black. And apparently, support of murder when you acknowledge that some unborn (pending how far along they are) have the right to life but can still be aborted (though that is not a libertarian belief, just yours).
The pharmacist does not have the right to force their beliefs on people. Religion has no place in government. Libertarians are proven byt my fourth link.

Lol, the pharmacy is not government. Under libertarian philosophy, no one can be forced into an agreement or transaction against their will. If the pharmacy does not want to engage in a transaction (for any reason), that is their negative right under libertarianism.
Libertarians believe that people have the right to make their own choices.

Exactly, and if it is someone's choice not to sell you something, that is libertarian philosophy. Please, please, PLEASE, before falsely calling yourself a libertarian, read up on their two core concepts of self-ownership (read the works of John Locke, namely the Two Treatise of Government) and the non-aggression principle (read the works of
Ayn Rand and Murray Rothbard).

If you think any one person can force religion on someone else, you are not a Libertarian. Religious freedom is not the right to force religion on people. If you think a fertilized egg has more rights than a self aware woman, you are not a Libertarian.

You are completely not comprehending what I am talking about. There is no force of religion. I never mentioned religion at all. You just pulled it out of the air as yet another strawman.

No one has the right to force religion on other people. What about the religious rights of the woman? Face it: You just want to force women to give birth. Libertarians are prochoice.

Religion has no part of anything I said. So you are dropping the other issues or will you continue to just bounce back and forth when you have no real response to the previous.

Pharmacists refuse to supply contraception and abortion because of religion.

They can refuse for any reason they want. You are just assuming that it is because of religion. In the entire time I've been arguing in the other thread with you about why your views are wrong, I have not once mentioned religion nor made a single argument about religion. You just ignore it and keep spouting that it is about religion.

They have no right to force their beliefs on other people. There is nothing wrong with expecting people to do their job. Work is important. That is why I'm looking for work right now. I want the satisfaction of a good day's work,. If a pharmacist does not want to do their job, they need a new line of work.

There is no force involved with not offering a service. Also, I'm not talking about just an employee. If an employee is doing something different than what their employer is wanting, they will get fired. I am talking about if the EMPLOYER, the pharmacy itself, is not wanting to do business. There is (or was) a bar in Oregon that refuses to serve police officers. Under libertarianism, that is their right, to choose who they do business with and who they don't.
There is nothing wrong with expecting people to do their job. If a pharmacist does not want to do their job, they need another line of work.

Not very libertarian of you. That is actually text book liberal (or socialist).
No true Scotsman fallacy. I am not a socialist liberal at all. Libertarians believe in a good days work. There is not one God damn thing wrong with a work ethic. If someone does not want to do their job, they need a new God damn job.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 11:25:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 11:15:17 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/10/2015 11:09:03 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/10/2015 11:00:43 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:54:19 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:47:38 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:35:23 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:33:54 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:27:25 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:25:32 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:20:13 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:14:02 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:08:13 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:05:46 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/10/2015 9:46:23 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/8/2015 10:09:30 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
Libertarians are prochoice. Libertarians support low taxes such as the Fair Tax which is a 23% sales tax. Libertarians oppose torture. Libertarians only support war as self defense. Libertarians opposerpolicing the world. Libertarians support gun rights. Libertarians support voting rights. Am I missing anything?

You missed supporting privatized fire departments and police, the right for doctors to let someone die because they are poor or gay, The right for a pharmacy to refuse the service of medicine to someone because they are black. And apparently, support of murder when you acknowledge that some unborn (pending how far along they are) have the right to life but can still be aborted (though that is not a libertarian belief, just yours).
The pharmacist does not have the right to force their beliefs on people. Religion has no place in government. Libertarians are proven byt my fourth link.

Lol, the pharmacy is not government. Under libertarian philosophy, no one can be forced into an agreement or transaction against their will. If the pharmacy does not want to engage in a transaction (for any reason), that is their negative right under libertarianism.
Libertarians believe that people have the right to make their own choices.

Exactly, and if it is someone's choice not to sell you something, that is libertarian philosophy. Please, please, PLEASE, before falsely calling yourself a libertarian, read up on their two core concepts of self-ownership (read the works of John Locke, namely the Two Treatise of Government) and the non-aggression principle (read the works of
Ayn Rand and Murray Rothbard).

If you think any one person can force religion on someone else, you are not a Libertarian. Religious freedom is not the right to force religion on people. If you think a fertilized egg has more rights than a self aware woman, you are not a Libertarian.

You are completely not comprehending what I am talking about. There is no force of religion. I never mentioned religion at all. You just pulled it out of the air as yet another strawman.

No one has the right to force religion on other people. What about the religious rights of the woman? Face it: You just want to force women to give birth. Libertarians are prochoice.

Religion has no part of anything I said. So you are dropping the other issues or will you continue to just bounce back and forth when you have no real response to the previous.

Pharmacists refuse to supply contraception and abortion because of religion.

They can refuse for any reason they want. You are just assuming that it is because of religion. In the entire time I've been arguing in the other thread with you about why your views are wrong, I have not once mentioned religion nor made a single argument about religion. You just ignore it and keep spouting that it is about religion.

They have no right to force their beliefs on other people. There is nothing wrong with expecting people to do their job. Work is important. That is why I'm looking for work right now. I want the satisfaction of a good day's work,. If a pharmacist does not want to do their job, they need a new line of work.

There is no force involved with not offering a service. Also, I'm not talking about just an employee. If an employee is doing something different than what their employer is wanting, they will get fired. I am talking about if the EMPLOYER, the pharmacy itself, is not wanting to do business. There is (or was) a bar in Oregon that refuses to serve police officers. Under libertarianism, that is their right, to choose who they do business with and who they don't.
There is nothing wrong with expecting people to do their job. If a pharmacist does not want to do their job, they need another line of work.

Not very libertarian of you. That is actually text book liberal (or socialist).
No true Scotsman fallacy.

Did you really just try to pull a No True Scotsman claim when your very last post (in the other thread) had this gem in it, "Now I know that you are not a Libertarian. Libertarians are prochoice. If you think that life begins before brainwaves, you are not a Libertarian "?

That is hilarious. However, you should know that the NTSF only applies when you are making up things that are not part of the definition. I am saying that you don't fall under the definition, not adding things to the definition in an attempt to change it.

I am not a socialist liberal at all. Libertarians believe in a good days work. There is not one God damn thing wrong with a work ethic. If someone does not want to do their job, they need a new God damn job.

You are still ignoring that I am talking about the employer, not the employee. Ergo, your arguments do nothing against what I am saying. If I own a bakery, it is my right to serve who I want (under libertarian philosophy). That can mean I don't let my bakery provide service to blacks, or to woman, or to anyone I want. Anyone FORCING me to do otherwise is violating the NAP and my self ownership, the TWO FOUNDING PRINCIPLES of libertarianism.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Bennett91
Posts: 4,193
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 4:49:21 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:30:24 PM, Chang29 wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:10:57 PM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 1/8/2015 10:09:30 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
Libertarians are prochoice. Libertarians support low taxes such as the Fair Tax which is a 23% sales tax. Libertarians oppose torture. Libertarians only support war as self defense. Libertarians opposerpolicing the world. Libertarians support gun rights. Libertarians support voting rights. Am I missing anything?

Libertarians don't care about income inequality. and would inevitably lead to an oligarchy.

Politicians that care about income inequality are oligarchs.

..... I don't know how to respond to this other than derision. So i'll stay quiet.

Government purpose is to ensure that rules are equally applied, not that the score is equal.

You do realize that in a capitalist economy the rich will rise, right? Then the rich will use their money to make sure the law isn't applied to them.

Libertarian ideas of voluntary cooperation, property rights, individual rights, and non-aggression are far superior to forceful coercion of both liberalism and conservatism.

I direct you to others criticism in this forum that "voluntary cooperation" leads to racism and discrimination. (see 1950's US) (See modern times homophobia)
Chang29
Posts: 732
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 5:50:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/11/2015 4:49:21 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:30:24 PM, Chang29 wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:10:57 PM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 1/8/2015 10:09:30 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
Libertarians are prochoice. Libertarians support low taxes such as the Fair Tax which is a 23% sales tax. Libertarians oppose torture. Libertarians only support war as self defense. Libertarians opposerpolicing the world. Libertarians support gun rights. Libertarians support voting rights. Am I missing anything?

Libertarians don't care about income inequality. and would inevitably lead to an oligarchy.

Politicians that care about income inequality are oligarchs.

..... I don't know how to respond to this other than derision. So i'll stay quiet.

Those politicians use the issue of income inequality as a source of power. Their "vote for us and we'll punish the rich" message maintains their form of oligarchy.

Government purpose is to ensure that rules are equally applied, not that the score is equal.

You do realize that in a capitalist economy the rich will rise, right? Then the rich will use their money to make sure the law isn't applied to them.


Government's only role should be equally protecting property rights of both rich and poor. With libertarian principles guiding a government, the rich would not need to influence government.

Libertarian ideas of voluntary cooperation, property rights, individual rights, and non-aggression are far superior to forceful coercion of both liberalism and conservatism.

I direct you to others criticism in this forum that "voluntary cooperation" leads to racism and discrimination. (see 1950's US) (See modern times homophobia)

Are you saying that people can only get along with one another at the barrel of a gun? Governmental use of force appears to be more racist, than groups of individuals working together voluntarily.
A free market anti-capitalist

If it can be de-centralized, it will be de-centralized.
Bennett91
Posts: 4,193
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 6:04:50 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/11/2015 5:50:47 AM, Chang29 wrote:
At 1/11/2015 4:49:21 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:30:24 PM, Chang29 wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:10:57 PM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 1/8/2015 10:09:30 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
Libertarians are prochoice. Libertarians support low taxes such as the Fair Tax which is a 23% sales tax. Libertarians oppose torture. Libertarians only support war as self defense. Libertarians opposerpolicing the world. Libertarians support gun rights. Libertarians support voting rights. Am I missing anything?

Libertarians don't care about income inequality. and would inevitably lead to an oligarchy.

Politicians that care about income inequality are oligarchs.

..... I don't know how to respond to this other than derision. So i'll stay quiet.

Those politicians use the issue of income inequality as a source of power. Their "vote for us and we'll punish the rich" message maintains their form of oligarchy.

What? You do understand that republicans control both house's of congress right? They are not libertarian, and are fully in favor of supporting corporations. They have no desire to punish the rich, they want to favor the "job creators" that pay for their campaigns.

Government purpose is to ensure that rules are equally applied, not that the score is equal.

You do realize that in a capitalist economy the rich will rise, right? Then the rich will use their money to make sure the law isn't applied to them.


Government's only role should be equally protecting property rights of both rich and poor. With libertarian principles guiding a government, the rich would not need to influence government.

"The rich would have no need to influence government" ....... Except to become more rich ....

Libertarian ideas of voluntary cooperation, property rights, individual rights, and non-aggression are far superior to forceful coercion of both liberalism and conservatism.

I direct you to others criticism in this forum that "voluntary cooperation" leads to racism and discrimination. (see 1950's US) (See modern times homophobia)

Are you saying that people can only get along with one another at the barrel of a gun?

Did I say this? No. I didn't even mention the words force or gun. I was criticizing your position. But while we're on the subject, does norway, sweden or germany use the gun to make folks get along? No they don't, and these countries have the highest standards of living in the world.

Governmental use of force appears to be more racist, than groups of individuals working together voluntarily.

.... The government is a group of people working voluntarily to perpetuate racism ..... the only difference is you petition your government against grievances. in a libertarian society you can petition against private businesses, as their rights are the law.