Jump to topic:

Prolife is forced birth.

SitaraMusica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 2:10:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I think women have the right to choose what to do with their bodies. Women shoild never be forced to give birth. If a woman does not want to give birth, she has the right to choose.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 2:37:41 PM
Women and children first; but really children second, women first. I figure I can't really be against abortion, but this spiel needs to go. There are very simple precautions that can be taken to avoid conception.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 2:41:01 PM
In the interest of equality though: if the woman should have the right to abort, then the man should have the right to opt out of paying child support. Fair's fair, right? In this way, neither man nor woman can force an eventuality on the other through sex.
Harper
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 3:28:35 PM
At 1/9/2015 2:10:11 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
I think women have the right to choose what to do with their bodies. Women shoild never be forced to give birth. If a woman does not want to give birth, she has the right to choose.

I'd prefer forced birth over forced death.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 5:03:31 PM

Women have the right to choose to have sex or not. They also have the right to choose to use birth control or not. They also have the right to choose to refuse to have sex unless their partner uses a condom. They also have the right to have their tubes tied. They should not have the right to kill an unborn child. The child is not her body, it is in her body.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 5:05:29 PM
At 1/9/2015 2:41:01 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
In the interest of equality though: if the woman should have the right to abort, then the man should have the right to opt out of paying child support. Fair's fair, right? In this way, neither man nor woman can force an eventuality on the other through sex.

No because THE PATRIARCHY IS EVIL AND THAT WOULD OPPRESS WOMEN
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 5:20:00 PM

Simple solution: F**k guys. I've never seen a guy call his former bf after a few years demanding child support.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 6:43:19 PM

Men should never be forced to see their unborn child murdered without their consent. If a man wants his son to live, he has a right to at least have a say in whether or not that happens.
Is a woman's 'right to choose' more important than the life of an infant or the desired of the other parent?
Senpai has noticed you.
SitaraMusica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 8:51:54 PM
At 1/9/2015 2:37:41 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Women and children first; but really children second, women first. I figure I can't really be against abortion, but this spiel needs to go. There are very simple precautions that can be taken to avoid conception.

Contraception often fails.
SitaraMusica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 8:54:54 PM

The one carrying the fetus should have the final say. If a woman does not want to give birth, she should not have to. My body, my right.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 8:56:31 PM
At 1/9/2015 8:54:54 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:

The one carrying the fetus should have the final say. If a woman does not want to give birth, she should not have to. My body, my right.

Fine. But you'll grant the man's right to opt out of child support if the woman decides to have the child? My money, my right.
SitaraMusica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 8:58:00 PM
At 1/9/2015 3:28:35 PM, Harper wrote:

I'd prefer forced birth over forced death.

So you are saying that women should be forced to give birth? Forced birth is slavery. My body, my right to choose. Forced birth is slavery.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 8:58:44 PM
Now I know you're a troll.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 8:58:47 PM

The problem of that mentality is that what about the child, the women may have a right to their body but shouldn't child have a right to life?
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
SitaraMusica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 9:01:41 PM
At 1/9/2015 5:03:31 PM, ford_prefect wrote:

Women have the right to choose to have sex or not. They also have the right to choose to use birth control or not. They also have the right to choose to refuse to have sex unless their partner uses a condom. They also have the right to have their tubes tied. They should not have the right to kill an unborn child. The child is not her body, it is in her body.

You are wrong. No one has the right to my body. Contraception and abortion are both human rights. If I don't want to give birth, I have the right to choose abortion. Forced birth is slavery.
SitaraMusica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 9:05:24 PM
At 1/9/2015 6:43:19 PM, Beginner wrote:

Men should never be forced to see their unborn child murdered without their consent. If a man wants his son to live, he has a right to at least have a say in whether or not that happens.
Is a woman's 'right to choose' more important than the life of an infant or the desired of the other parent?

Women should never be forced to give birth when they don't want to. Men do not have the right to force women to give birth. Forced birth is slavery.
SitaraMusica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 9:10:29 PM
At 1/9/2015 8:58:47 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:

The problem of that mentality is that what about the child, the women may have a right to their body but shouldn't child have a right to life?
Life begins at birth. The fetus is not a baby. Women have the right to choose.
rikomalpense
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 9:14:24 PM
At 1/9/2015 8:56:31 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:

Fine. But you'll grant the man's right to opt out of child support if the woman decides to have the child? My money, my right.

Personally I agree. A lot of child support laws are woefully out-of-date and reliant on the idea that somehow the woman has no job.

And those who argue that abortion is baby killing (though it's decidedly not), better kill a baby than force them to live with a mother or father that didn't want them, or into a foster system that's already overworked. Better kill a baby than a mother who already has people that know her and love her, than to destroy someone's life and take their bodily autonomy away from them.
The sky looks violet through rose-coloured glasses.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 9:20:07 PM
At 1/9/2015 9:14:24 PM, rikomalpense wrote:

Personally I agree. A lot of child support laws are woefully out-of-date and reliant on the idea that somehow the woman has no job.

And those who argue that abortion is baby killing (though it's decidedly not), better kill a baby than force them to live with a mother or father that didn't want them, or into a foster system that's already overworked. Better kill a baby than a mother who already has people that know her and love her, than to destroy someone's life and take their bodily autonomy away from them.

I was just bluffing, actually.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 9:30:33 PM
At 1/9/2015 9:01:41 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:

You are wrong. No one has the right to my body. Contraception and abortion are both human rights. If I don't want to give birth, I have the right to choose abortion. Forced birth is slavery.

If you don't want to give birth, you have the right to choose abstinence or contraception. Once you have created human life, you do not have the right to end it.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 9:34:21 PM

Better to kill a baby than to let him live? That's news to my father, who was put up for adoption because he was born in a state where abortion was illegal. He has had a very happy life, and he never wishes he had been aborted instead.

Also, you can't compare the death of an unborn child to "destroying" a mothers life because she now has to take care of a child. Boo hoo, actions have consequences and if you're not ready to be a parent, don't have sex or use a condom.
rikomalpense
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 9:42:02 PM
At 1/9/2015 9:34:21 PM, ford_prefect wrote:

Better to kill a baby than to let him live? That's news to my father, who was put up for adoption because he was born in a state where abortion was illegal. He has had a very happy life, and he never wishes he had been aborted instead.

Also, you can't compare the death of an unborn child to "destroying" a mothers life because she now has to take care of a child. Boo hoo, actions have consequences and if you're not ready to be a parent, don't have sex or use a condom.

Accidents happen, even if you use protection, but we've got the capability to fix those accidents. And yes, it does destroy a mother's life, you can't claim otherwise. Poor women often get abortions because they simply cannot afford to have another child, teenagers who get pregnant shouldn't have to deal with potentially not being able to get a job in the future because of lack of education. If you're gonna do something as drastic as abortion, it's because having a kid affects your life for decades.

I hope at the very least you support abortion when the mother's life is in danger (though I recognize that most abortions are not undergone for that reason of course).

Furthermore, some adopted children can certainly have great lives, sure. Doesn't change the fact that the fostercare system is pretty damn bad in America. Read this article: [http://www.stirjournal.com...]. And increasing the number of children in the system by refusing to allow women basic human rights will just make the problem worse.
The sky looks violet through rose-coloured glasses.
SitaraMusica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 9:46:29 PM
At 1/9/2015 9:30:33 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
At 1/9/2015 9:01:41 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:

If you don't want to give birth, you have the right to choose abstinence or contraception. Once you have created human life, you do not have the right to end it.

Abstinance does not protect against pregnancy by rape, and contraception can fail. My body, my rioht. Forced biuth is slavery.
SitaraMusica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 9:49:24 PM
At 1/9/2015 9:34:21 PM, ford_prefect wrote:

The Bib;e says that life begins at birth.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 9:49:40 PM
How are you even making those spelling mistakes, Sitara? And holy moley, the character of them!!
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 9:57:31 PM
At 1/9/2015 9:49:24 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:

This is just not true. Show me the passage that says that.
jzonda415
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 10:00:39 PM
I think women have the right to choose what to do with their bodies.

But It's not a woman's body; the decision is being made over the body and life of the fetus.

Women shoild never be forced to give birth.

Do women not have an obligation to their children? Why should a woman's discomfort take precedence over a child's life?

If a woman does not want to give birth, she has the right to choose.

At every stage of development? In every instance? No matter the reason? Why does she have the right to choose?
SitaraMusica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 10:21:07 PM
At 1/9/2015 9:57:31 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
At 1/9/2015 9:49:24 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:

This is just not true. Show me the passage that says that.

I was hoping you would ask me to prove it. :D Genesis 2:7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being. Genesis 38:24 And it came to pass, about three months after, that Judah was told, saying, "Tamar your daughter-in-law has played the harlot; furthermore she is with child by harlotry."
https://www.biblegateway.com...
https://www.biblegateway.com...
We are born again, not conceived again, according to Johm 3":3.
Isaiah 9:6 says unto uus a child is BORN, noit unto us a child is conceived.
Job said in Job 33:4 the breath of the almighty gives him life.
SitaraMusica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 10:23:49 PM
At 1/9/2015 10:00:39 PM, jzonda415 wrote:
I think women have the right to choose what to do with their bodies.

But It's not a woman's body; the decision is being made over the body and life of the fetus.

Women shoild never be forced to give birth.

Do women not have an obligation to their children? Why should a woman's discomfort take precedence over a child's life?

If a woman does not want to give birth, she has the right to choose.

At every stage of development? In every instance? No matter the reason? Why does she have the right to choose?

Yes it is a woman's body. Women have the right to choose who uses their body.