Jump to topic:

Dem Donors Finish Ahead in 2014

Clovis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 1:51:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Just wanted to bring attention to this as many leftists, liberals and democrats I know all like to tout that Republicans are funded by big donor money and that the Democrats struggle to keep up because they're the "common man". I heard these sentiments multiple multiple times during the midterm but they're false.

Democratic big money donors donated more money in 2014 than the GOP.
Some of the richest companies and richest people in the US are Democratic supporters such as Apple, Google, Zuckerberg and GE.

Just wanted to dispell this illusion.

http://www.politico.com...
Words are wind.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 2:05:33 PM
Taking money from large corporations does not mean that a party does not represent the interests of every day voters. Only tax policies that ensure the deterioration of the social safety net mean that, and that is the exclusive province of this new Republican part.
Tsar of DDO
Clovis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 2:30:37 PM
At 1/11/2015 2:05:33 PM, YYW wrote:
Taking money from large corporations does not mean that a party does not represent the interests of every day voters. Only tax policies that ensure the deterioration of the social safety net mean that, and that is the exclusive province of this new Republican part.

The Republicans have done nothing to damage this safety net. I am only pointing this out to diffuse sentiments by Democrats that they do not have affiliations with big donor money as they do.
Words are wind.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 2:57:41 PM

I always thought it was spending policies that ensured deterioration of safety nets. Taxes have a finite number, but frugality is infinite.
Clovis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 5:14:25 PM
At 1/11/2015 2:57:41 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

I always thought it was spending policies that ensured deterioration of safety nets. Taxes have a finite number, but frugality is infinite.

I would agree in that over extension of the saftey net to the point of collapse seems more dangerous to its survival than the aforementioned non-existent tax cuts. You can over extend such a net to the point where it is useless due to overspending.
Words are wind.

darthebearnc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 5:23:53 PM
At 1/11/2015 1:51:26 PM, Clovis wrote:
Just wanted to bring attention to this as many leftists, liberals and democrats I know all like to tout that Republicans are funded by big donor money and that the Democrats struggle to keep up because they're the "common man". I heard these sentiments multiple multiple times during the midterm but they're false.

Democratic big money donors donated more money in 2014 than the GOP.
Some of the richest companies and richest people in the US are Democratic supporters such as Apple, Google, Zuckerberg and GE.

Just wanted to dispell this illusion.

http://www.politico.com...

Democrats are still moar awesomer. :D