Total Posts:38|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

peta

badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2010 11:41:47 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
i think this goes here.

recently, my grandfather and his brothers and sisters were informed that a close relation of theirs from america had died and that she had left about 4 million to her animals. they were all fairly hopeful that they'd get the grade, but yesterday they were told it was gone to the animals. they asked how it could go to the animals and they were told that peta took a large share of it. handy number for them, isn't it?
signature
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2010 11:44:23 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I wouldn't want animals to suffer for no good reason...
BUT I would think if I had 4 million bucks to give to charity NOT ONE DIME would go to Animal welfare...

what about those starving kids in Africa???
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2010 11:44:51 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/18/2010 11:41:47 AM, badger wrote:
i think this goes here.

recently, my grandfather and his brothers and sisters were informed that a close relation of theirs from america had died and that she had left about 4 million to her animals. they were all fairly hopeful that they'd get the grade, but yesterday they were told it was gone to the animals. they asked how it could go to the animals and they were told that peta took a large share of it. handy number for them, isn't it?

I suppose the moral of the story is to be closer to your rich relatives.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2010 11:46:59 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/18/2010 11:44:23 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
I wouldn't want animals to suffer for no good reason...
BUT I would think if I had 4 million bucks to give to charity NOT ONE DIME would go to Animal welfare...

what about those starving kids in Africa???

wait i didn't make myself clear. she left the money to her animals. but peta got it.
signature
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2010 11:49:06 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/18/2010 11:46:59 AM, badger wrote:
At 6/18/2010 11:44:23 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
I wouldn't want animals to suffer for no good reason...
BUT I would think if I had 4 million bucks to give to charity NOT ONE DIME would go to Animal welfare...

what about those starving kids in Africa???

wait i didn't make myself clear. she left the money to her animals. but peta got it.

that's absurd.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2010 11:50:19 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/18/2010 11:49:06 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
that's absurd.

both the choice of your aunt... AND the decision that PETA gets the money.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2010 11:50:42 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/18/2010 11:46:59 AM, badger wrote:
At 6/18/2010 11:44:23 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
I wouldn't want animals to suffer for no good reason...
BUT I would think if I had 4 million bucks to give to charity NOT ONE DIME would go to Animal welfare...

what about those starving kids in Africa???

wait i didn't make myself clear. she left the money to her animals. but peta got it.

Didn't happen.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2010 11:50:51 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/18/2010 11:49:06 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 6/18/2010 11:46:59 AM, badger wrote:
At 6/18/2010 11:44:23 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
I wouldn't want animals to suffer for no good reason...
BUT I would think if I had 4 million bucks to give to charity NOT ONE DIME would go to Animal welfare...

what about those starving kids in Africa???

wait i didn't make myself clear. she left the money to her animals. but peta got it.

that's absurd.

i thought so. i could've done with a rich grandfather.
signature
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2010 11:51:43 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/18/2010 11:50:42 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 6/18/2010 11:46:59 AM, badger wrote:
At 6/18/2010 11:44:23 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
I wouldn't want animals to suffer for no good reason...
BUT I would think if I had 4 million bucks to give to charity NOT ONE DIME would go to Animal welfare...

what about those starving kids in Africa???

wait i didn't make myself clear. she left the money to her animals. but peta got it.

Didn't happen.

why would i say it?
signature
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2010 11:52:10 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/18/2010 11:51:43 AM, badger wrote:
At 6/18/2010 11:50:42 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 6/18/2010 11:46:59 AM, badger wrote:
At 6/18/2010 11:44:23 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
I wouldn't want animals to suffer for no good reason...
BUT I would think if I had 4 million bucks to give to charity NOT ONE DIME would go to Animal welfare...

what about those starving kids in Africa???

wait i didn't make myself clear. she left the money to her animals. but peta got it.

Didn't happen.

why would i say it?

Attention whoring?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2010 11:58:32 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/18/2010 11:52:10 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 6/18/2010 11:51:43 AM, badger wrote:
At 6/18/2010 11:50:42 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 6/18/2010 11:46:59 AM, badger wrote:
At 6/18/2010 11:44:23 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
I wouldn't want animals to suffer for no good reason...
BUT I would think if I had 4 million bucks to give to charity NOT ONE DIME would go to Animal welfare...

what about those starving kids in Africa???

wait i didn't make myself clear. she left the money to her animals. but peta got it.

Didn't happen.

why would i say it?

Attention whoring?

that's the impression you get from me? nice one, bud. it was in our news. panda might be able to verify it for me.
signature
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2010 12:00:38 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/18/2010 11:59:49 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Wasn't there already a thread about PETA? Oh well. Here it goes. MEAT IS YUMMY!

EXCEPT BACON OF COURSE AND EVERYTHING NOT HALAL......right?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2010 12:01:58 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/18/2010 12:00:38 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 6/18/2010 11:59:49 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Wasn't there already a thread about PETA? Oh well. Here it goes. MEAT IS YUMMY!

EXCEPT BACON OF COURSE AND EVERYTHING NOT HALAL......right?

Fine, you got me... -__- You win.
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2010 12:02:21 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
http://www.independent.ie...

i found it. this says it was left to animal charities, but my grandfather said it was to their own animals and he was the one dealing with the lawyers. he's old though.
signature
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2010 12:37:51 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/18/2010 12:02:21 PM, badger wrote:
http://www.independent.ie...

i found it. this says it was left to animal charities, but my grandfather said it was to their own animals and he was the one dealing with the lawyers. he's old though.

If you leave money to an animal then you actually leave it to a trust, or a person or some sort of human institution. I am certain that is what has happened here, that or the money was simply left to PETA. I'd still challenge it personally.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2010 12:50:25 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/18/2010 12:37:51 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 6/18/2010 12:02:21 PM, badger wrote:
http://www.independent.ie...

i found it. this says it was left to animal charities, but my grandfather said it was to their own animals and he was the one dealing with the lawyers. he's old though.

If you leave money to an animal then you actually leave it to a trust, or a person or some sort of human institution. I am certain that is what has happened here, that or the money was simply left to PETA. I'd still challenge it personally.

yeah, i question my grandfather again and he doesn't know. it probably was left to peta like the article says.
signature
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2010 12:52:00 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/18/2010 12:50:25 PM, badger wrote:
At 6/18/2010 12:37:51 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 6/18/2010 12:02:21 PM, badger wrote:
http://www.independent.ie...

i found it. this says it was left to animal charities, but my grandfather said it was to their own animals and he was the one dealing with the lawyers. he's old though.

If you leave money to an animal then you actually leave it to a trust, or a person or some sort of human institution. I am certain that is what has happened here, that or the money was simply left to PETA. I'd still challenge it personally.

yeah, i question my grandfather again and he doesn't know. it probably was left to peta like the article says.

Sorry for being an arse.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2010 12:57:50 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/18/2010 12:52:00 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 6/18/2010 12:50:25 PM, badger wrote:
At 6/18/2010 12:37:51 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 6/18/2010 12:02:21 PM, badger wrote:
http://www.independent.ie...

i found it. this says it was left to animal charities, but my grandfather said it was to their own animals and he was the one dealing with the lawyers. he's old though.

If you leave money to an animal then you actually leave it to a trust, or a person or some sort of human institution. I am certain that is what has happened here, that or the money was simply left to PETA. I'd still challenge it personally.

yeah, i question my grandfather again and he doesn't know. it probably was left to peta like the article says.

Sorry for being an arse.

if it hadn't been for you being an arse i'd still be thinking that anything that was left to animals was actually given to peta. you made me think better of the world.
signature
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2010 8:17:59 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/18/2010 8:08:35 PM, comoncents wrote:
Meat is awesome! I will always eat it and let peta do it's thing. Whatever!

Many PETA people are hypocrites. Also, I can't stand it when a vegan comes up to me and calls me a killer and a physopath simply because I eat meat. I have had vegans say those things. While I will agree that some animals are slaughtered in non-humane ways this doesn't apply to all of them, but animal rights activists will purposely select the worst slaughterhouses for their propaganda. Instead, why don't we look at the average slaughterhouse and really see what animals generally go through. Lastly, going vegan isn't going to make the bad conditions in slaughterhouses go away anyway.
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2010 8:23:26 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/18/2010 8:17:59 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 6/18/2010 8:08:35 PM, comoncents wrote:
Meat is awesome! I will always eat it and let peta do it's thing. Whatever!

Many PETA people are hypocrites. Also, I can't stand it when a vegan comes up to me and calls me a killer and a physopath simply because I eat meat. I have had vegans say those things. While I will agree that some animals are slaughtered in non-humane ways this doesn't apply to all of them, but animal rights activists will purposely select the worst slaughterhouses for their propaganda. Instead, why don't we look at the average slaughterhouse and really see what animals generally go through. Lastly, going vegan isn't going to make the bad conditions in slaughterhouses go away anyway.

Besides, it's not like we're doing anything that's repugnant. We're simply the consumers of an industry. Meat companies deliver a product, and we purchase it, as we do with most of our other foods and essentials routinely.
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2010 8:25:56 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I get pissed when I'm doing something like drinking out of a water bottle (not all of it) and proceed to throw it away when a kid comes up to me and says I'm wasting water. I bought the contents of the water bottle, so I can use it for anything I wish (that is legal). It's not wasting; I'm doing what I wish with my own money.

Similar story when people say I waste computer paper. I bought the stacks of the paper at the store, so I can do whatever (legally) I want with the paper. Get over it.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2010 8:26:20 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/18/2010 8:23:26 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 6/18/2010 8:17:59 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 6/18/2010 8:08:35 PM, comoncents wrote:
Meat is awesome! I will always eat it and let peta do it's thing. Whatever!

Many PETA people are hypocrites. Also, I can't stand it when a vegan comes up to me and calls me a killer and a physopath simply because I eat meat. I have had vegans say those things. While I will agree that some animals are slaughtered in non-humane ways this doesn't apply to all of them, but animal rights activists will purposely select the worst slaughterhouses for their propaganda. Instead, why don't we look at the average slaughterhouse and really see what animals generally go through. Lastly, going vegan isn't going to make the bad conditions in slaughterhouses go away anyway.

Besides, it's not like we're doing anything that's repugnant. We're simply the consumers of an industry. Meat companies deliver a product, and we purchase it, as we do with most of our other foods and essentials routinely.

Yes, but they should have minimum standards they have to follow. That would mean using more humane methods of slaughter for one. Of course, there's no need to go to extremes like PETA does though.
mongoose
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2010 8:55:43 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/18/2010 8:25:56 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
I get pissed when I'm doing something like drinking out of a water bottle (not all of it) and proceed to throw it away when a kid comes up to me and says I'm wasting water. I bought the contents of the water bottle, so I can use it for anything I wish (that is legal). It's not wasting; I'm doing what I wish with my own money.

Similar story when people say I waste computer paper. I bought the stacks of the paper at the store, so I can do whatever (legally) I want with the paper. Get over it.

I don't think they're looking at it from a legal standard. They're looking at how much you use compared to how much they'd use. They'd see it as waste when you'd have to end up buying more computer paper, consuming a resource. Ironically, the more paper we consume, the more tree farms will be planted, thus increasing the number of trees on the planet. Hurrah for irony.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 10:50:38 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/18/2010 12:01:58 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 6/18/2010 12:00:38 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 6/18/2010 11:59:49 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Wasn't there already a thread about PETA? Oh well. Here it goes. MEAT IS YUMMY!

EXCEPT BACON OF COURSE AND EVERYTHING NOT HALAL......right?

Fine, you got me... -__- You win.

have you eaten the good stuff since dropping Islam???
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 11:26:14 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/19/2010 10:50:38 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 6/18/2010 12:01:58 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 6/18/2010 12:00:38 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 6/18/2010 11:59:49 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Wasn't there already a thread about PETA? Oh well. Here it goes. MEAT IS YUMMY!

EXCEPT BACON OF COURSE AND EVERYTHING NOT HALAL......right?

Fine, you got me... -__- You win.

have you eaten the good stuff since dropping Islam???

Nope.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 11:34:26 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/18/2010 8:55:43 PM, mongoose wrote:
At 6/18/2010 8:25:56 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
I get pissed when I'm doing something like drinking out of a water bottle (not all of it) and proceed to throw it away when a kid comes up to me and says I'm wasting water. I bought the contents of the water bottle, so I can use it for anything I wish (that is legal). It's not wasting; I'm doing what I wish with my own money.

Similar story when people say I waste computer paper. I bought the stacks of the paper at the store, so I can do whatever (legally) I want with the paper. Get over it.

I don't think they're looking at it from a legal standard. They're looking at how much you use compared to how much they'd use. They'd see it as waste when you'd have to end up buying more computer paper, consuming a resource. Ironically, the more paper we consume, the more tree farms will be planted, thus increasing the number of trees on the planet. Hurrah for irony.

With the intent to cut down those trees >.>
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.