Jump to topic:

Anthropocentrism or Ecocentrism

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 10:53:05 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
The goal of this forum topic is to discuss the differences between Anthropocentrism and Ecocentrism. I also want to see how YOU stand in this topic.

I am looking forward to seeing the differences you all come up with, and seeing how you all discuss this amongst each other.
Donald invictus, deliver and be tart and huge by narrow.

"Especially so, but considering the nature of nuclear warheads, it's probably more like atomic annihilation than triple homicide." -Yours Truly

Vaarka swung his sword at the mod. However, since I am now incorporeal, he ends up accidentally striking the entire American landmass (It's a REALLY bastard sword), destroying both continents. Spiders are now at 50% of capacity.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 11:07:43 AM
It is kind of hard to be a supporter of ecocentrism with the knowledge that Nature has caused millions of species to become extinct before man ever drew breath; also with the fact that Nature will surely allow the earth to just quietly die along with any ecosystem "protected" when the sun burns out. So why is Nature important again?
I find myself intrigued by your subvocal oscillations.
A singular development of cat communications
That obviates your basic hedonistic predilection,
For a rhythmic stroking of your fur to demonstrate affection.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 5:24:13 PM
At 1/16/2015 10:53:05 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
The goal of this forum topic is to discuss the differences between Anthropocentrism and Ecocentrism. I also want to see how YOU stand in this topic.

I am looking forward to seeing the differences you all come up with, and seeing how you all discuss this amongst each other.

Anthropomorphism. In the context of people first, the environment actually is put first fairly often, because we're heavily dependent on it. But our relationship with the environment should still take into effect how it affects us before it considers anything else.
"The wounded surgeon plies the steel
That questions the distempered part;
Beneath the bleeding hands we feel
The sharp compassion of the healer's art"
- T. S. Eliot -
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 8:15:49 PM
At 1/16/2015 11:07:43 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
It is kind of hard to be a supporter of ecocentrism with the knowledge that Nature has caused millions of species to become extinct before man ever drew breath; also with the fact that Nature will surely allow the earth to just quietly die along with any ecosystem "protected" when the sun burns out. So why is Nature important again?

This