Jump to topic:

Anthropocentrism or Ecocentrism

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 10:53:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
The goal of this forum topic is to discuss the differences between Anthropocentrism and Ecocentrism. I also want to see how YOU stand in this topic.

I am looking forward to seeing the differences you all come up with, and seeing how you all discuss this amongst each other.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 11:07:43 AM
It is kind of hard to be a supporter of ecocentrism with the knowledge that Nature has caused millions of species to become extinct before man ever drew breath; also with the fact that Nature will surely allow the earth to just quietly die along with any ecosystem "protected" when the sun burns out. So why is Nature important again?
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 5:24:13 PM
At 1/16/2015 10:53:05 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
The goal of this forum topic is to discuss the differences between Anthropocentrism and Ecocentrism. I also want to see how YOU stand in this topic.

I am looking forward to seeing the differences you all come up with, and seeing how you all discuss this amongst each other.

Anthropomorphism. In the context of people first, the environment actually is put first fairly often, because we're heavily dependent on it. But our relationship with the environment should still take into effect how it affects us before it considers anything else.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 8:15:49 PM
At 1/16/2015 11:07:43 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
It is kind of hard to be a supporter of ecocentrism with the knowledge that Nature has caused millions of species to become extinct before man ever drew breath; also with the fact that Nature will surely allow the earth to just quietly die along with any ecosystem "protected" when the sun burns out. So why is Nature important again?

This