Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 11:01:35 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Small government collectivist

WHAT THE HELL I AM NOT COLLECTIVIST HEIL INDIVIDUALISM HEIL
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 11:23:31 AM
"Trees should be allowed to vote" wtf lol
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 11:52:30 AM
Highest ranking dimension: Individualist

You believe in the right of an individual to "be themself" in thought and deeds. You may have felt that what the country really needs is a politician with the nerve to tell people when it comes to controlling others, they should mind their own business. This may be because you enjoy a diversity of experiences and don "t get offended easily. It may also be because you"ve seen people be persecuted. Others may disagree with you because they feel a right to protect what they see as community values. When politicians of your type make mistakes it is often because they underestimate people"s need for sta bility and safety.
Second highest ranking dimension: Small Government

You believe in a government that keeps order but otherwise stays out of the way. You may have felt that what the country really needs is a government with the courage to take on some of the "sacred cows" of government spending. This may be because you have been irked by how much you pay in taxes. It may also be because you feel that excessive government support programs reward those with no initiative. Others may disagree with you because they see some people as having the system stacked against them. When politicians of your type make mistakes it is because they find it difficult to maintain the "tough love" approach when their friends and supporters ask for help.
Combined statement:

Based on your answers, you would prefer a state for pioneers, innovators and rugged individualism.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 11:55:38 AM
Based on your answers, the best government, in your opinion is the one that gives most of the control, freedom and responsibility to the people.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 12:09:44 PM
Highest ranking dimension: Big Government
You believe in the power of government to make life better. You may have felt that what the country really needs is for the government to get serious about the many problems that people face. This may be because you have seen the system break down and know people who have fallen through the cracks. It may also be because you feel that our society is at risk our communities need better protection from internal and external dangers. Others may disagree with you because they are focused on what government does wrong, rather than what it does right. When politicians of your type make mistakes it is often because they create programs that solve one problem but create others.

Second highest ranking dimension: Literalist
You believe that "good", "evil", "justice" and "injustice" exist in the world and people need to take a stand. You may have felt that what the country really needs is a politician with a functioning moral compass. This may be because you have seen what happens when "everything is permitted". It may also be because society is being undermined by people for whom numbers are the measure of everything. Others may disagree with you because they tend to rationalize everything, and don "t have a vision for a better society . When politicians of your type make mistakes it is because they just can"t deal with others who don"t share their faith or beliefs.

Combined statement:
Based on your answers, the most important role for government, in your view, is creating a just society.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 12:21:14 PM
ighest ranking dimension: Autocratic
You believe in strong leadership. You may have felt that what the country really needs is for someone to really take charge and break out of the inertia. This may be because you have strong opinions of which you are confident, and like to see political leaders who are like you. It may also be because you are suspicious of the ability of groups, especially large groups to make tough decisions. Others may disagree with you because they trust people less than they trust the "rules of procedure", because they have issues with authority, or because that they feel that "government just doesn "t listen." When politicians of your type make mistakes it is often because they try to fit a simple solution on a complex problem.

Second highest ranking dimension: Big Government
You believe in the power of government to make life better. You may have felt that what the country really needs is for the government to get serious about the many problems that people face. This may be because you have seen the system break down and know people who have fallen through the cracks. It may also be because you feel that our society is at risk our communities need better protection from internal and external dangers. Others may disagree with you because they are focused on what government does wrong, rather than what it does right. When politicians of your type make mistakes it is often because they create programs that solve one problem but create others.

And then the ABCRW says I'm an internationalist.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 12:29:41 PM
At 1/19/2015 12:21:14 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
ighest ranking dimension: Autocratic
You believe in strong leadership. You may have felt that what the country really needs is for someone to really take charge and break out of the inertia. This may be because you have strong opinions of which you are confident, and like to see political leaders who are like you. It may also be because you are suspicious of the ability of groups, especially large groups to make tough decisions. Others may disagree with you because they trust people less than they trust the "rules of procedure", because they have issues with authority, or because that they feel that "government just doesn "t listen." When politicians of your type make mistakes it is often because they try to fit a simple solution on a complex problem.

Second highest ranking dimension: Big Government

And then the ABCRW says I'm an internationalist.

It sounds like it's calling me a communist, yet the combined statement: "Based on your answers, you are happy with the idea of a powerful leader running a big state - someone who can make the trains run on time," pretty much says I'm a fascist.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 12:45:21 PM
At 1/19/2015 12:09:44 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Highest ranking dimension: Big Government

Second highest ranking dimension: Literalist
You believe that "good", "evil", "justice" and "injustice" exist in the world and people need to take a stand. You may have felt that what the country really needs is a politician with a functioning moral compass. This may be because you have seen what happens when "everything is permitted". It may also be because society is being undermined by people for whom numbers are the measure of everything. Others may disagree with you because they tend to rationalize everything, and don "t have a vision for a better society . When politicians of your type make mistakes it is because they just can"t deal with others who don"t share their faith or beliefs.

Combined statement:
Based on your answers, the most important role for government, in your view, is creating a just society.

Theocracy! Let the Caliphate's reign begin!
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 8:49:52 PM
They called me an "Anti-Nationalist".
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 9:05:16 PM
Big Government Individualist!

Based on your answers, the best state for you is one where people "s basic needs are well looked after and people are free to pursue creative and fulfilling lives.

http://openpolitics.ca...
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 9:42:24 PM
This test was okay.

Democratic
Small Government
Individualist
Rationalist
Narrow Focus (I disagree with this)
Human-Centric
Nolite Timere
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 10:12:44 PM
My highest ranking was Big Government, my second highest was Individualist, and my combined statement was: "Based on your answers, the best state for you is one where people "s basic needs are well looked after and people are free to pursue creative and fulfilling lives."

I really agree with that.

I was, also, more autocratic than democratic, more big government than small government, more individualist than collectivist, more wide focus than narrow focus, and (barely) more antropocentric than ecocentric.

Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 10:27:23 PM
At 1/19/2015 10:12:44 PM, bsh1 wrote:
My highest ranking was Big Government, my second highest was Individualist, and my combined statement was: "Based on your answers, the best state for you is one where people "s basic needs are well looked after and people are free to pursue creative and fulfilling lives."

I was, also, more autocratic than democratic, more big government than small government, more individualist than collectivist, more wide focus than narrow focus, and (barely) more antropocentric than ecocentric.

You're going to be at 12k posts here before much longer....

(I had nearly the exact same results the first time I took the test, too.)
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 10:28:20 PM
At 1/19/2015 10:27:23 PM, YYW wrote:

Yup, lol.

I don't how that's pro-big business though.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 10:29:22 PM
At 1/19/2015 10:28:20 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 1/19/2015 10:27:23 PM, YYW wrote:

Yup, lol.

Nor do I.

But we're the "hollywood Republican" type... which I take some offense too.
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 10:30:46 PM
At 1/19/2015 10:29:22 PM, YYW wrote:

Nor do I.

I don't think Mr. Big Gov is Republican...like...at all.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 10:32:18 PM
At 1/19/2015 10:30:46 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Nor do I.

I agree... but that's what it said.

I mean, there was once a time that the Republican party was in the North East and very strong in California too, and was dominated by New England industrialist... but the socially apathetic Rockefeller Republican is a thing of the past.
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 10:33:15 PM
At 1/19/2015 10:32:18 PM, YYW wrote:

Nor do I.

I know. I just think it's wrong, lol. Still, we got the same result. That's a pretty impressive streak.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 10:33:46 PM
At 1/19/2015 10:33:15 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Nor do I.

I know. I just think it's wrong, lol. Still, we got the same result. That's a pretty impressive streak.

We're two sides of the same coin...

(But you're the nicer side ;)
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 10:35:42 PM
At 1/19/2015 10:33:46 PM, YYW wrote:

Agree to agree.

Agree to disagree.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 10:36:37 PM
At 1/19/2015 10:35:42 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Agree to agree.

Why would we agree to disagree on that?

Agree to disagree.
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 10:38:22 PM
At 1/19/2015 10:36:37 PM, YYW wrote:

Agree to agree.

Read it again, sweeheart :)
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 10:39:14 PM
At 1/19/2015 10:38:22 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 1/19/2015 10:36:37 PM, YYW wrote:

Agree to agree.

Read it again, sweeheart :)

lksadfh;lksdfkashlkdfjhaslkjdfhlkasjdhflkajsdhflkjsdhflkjasdhlfkjsahdlfkjhsldkjfhlkasjdhflkjsdhflkjsdhfkjfhksdjhfksjdhfksjdhfkjshdkfjhskdfhieurhfieurituewrhofnoufhvbughbvoeurhcijfoihnrgovybegoruhvborucnvowjrcfpijfecmnpeijdncpiyhefbnrpviybortcfnpwjrefnchewfogc fghc iwhrefncoiunroivycbrfgohyvbnorfeuncoweufnovihbnweofubcyouwrbfvourhgbvourhg
Tsar of DDO