Total Posts:60|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

2012 Presidential Canidates

Strikeeagle84015
Posts: 867
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2010 10:26:54 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Who do you think will be the major candidates in the 2012 election be sure to say why you think they will be

I think it will be
Sarah Palin: She has widespread support among soccer moms and also has a strong appeal to the religious right and she will draw part of the feminist vote

Mitt Romney: He left himself in a very strong position when he stepped out of the last election I think his strongest support will come from moderates and the state of Utah

Ron Paul: I think his support will be among tea party supporters primarily and those on the Right that are less of the Religious right and he may also be able to attract strong libertarian support

Barack Obama: I think he will be the Democrats nominee mainly because at least at this point there is no strong opposition he made Hillary Secretary so it is unlikely she will be a potent force and most of the other prominent names in the Dem party are fighting to try and keep their seat in the senate this year

Comments Questions or Speculations
: At 8/17/2010 7:17:56 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
: Hey dawg, i herd you like evangelical trolls so we put a bible thumper in yo bible thumper so you can troll while you troll!

Arguing with an atheist about God is very similar to arguing with a blind man about what the Sistine Chapel looks like
Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
The only way I will stop believing in God is if he appeared before me and told me that he did not exist.
ournamestoolong
Posts: 1,059
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2010 10:54:30 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/21/2010 10:30:43 AM, innomen wrote:
Hillary Clinton?

ehhhhhh, not gonna happen. Unless she goes independent, and even then she won't get 1% of the vote.
I'll get by with a little help from my friends.

Ournamestoolong

Secretary of Commerce

Destroy talking ads!
PoeJoe
Posts: 3,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2010 10:59:28 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/21/2010 10:26:54 AM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:
Sarah Palin [...] will draw part of the feminist vote

Are you high?! Anti-abortion, anti-contraception, pro-abstinence.

Ron Paul: I think his support will be among tea party supporters primarily and those on the Right that are less of the Religious right and he may also be able to attract strong libertarian support

In an interview he said he would soon retire, so I doubt it. He's getting pretty old.

His son might run, though.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
Vi_Veri
Posts: 4,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2010 11:04:02 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/21/2010 10:26:54 AM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:

Sarah Palin: She has widespread support among soccer moms and also has a strong appeal to the religious right and she will draw part of the feminist vote

No feminist will vote for Sarah Palin. The only way Sarah Palin relates to feminists is that she has a vagina, too. That's about it.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2010 11:07:35 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/21/2010 11:04:02 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:
No feminist will vote for Sarah Palin. The only way Sarah Palin relates to feminists is that she has a vagina, too. That's about it.

Think again. She's tricked a lot of dumb conservative broads into thinking she's on their side simply because she'd be a woman with a title :p
President of DDO
Vi_Veri
Posts: 4,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2010 11:16:40 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/21/2010 11:07:35 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 6/21/2010 11:04:02 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:
No feminist will vote for Sarah Palin. The only way Sarah Palin relates to feminists is that she has a vagina, too. That's about it.

Think again. She's tricked a lot of dumb conservative broads into thinking she's on their side simply because she'd be a woman with a title :p

lol Not all women are feminists. Especially not very many conservative women ;)
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2010 11:22:00 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/21/2010 11:16:40 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:
lol Not all women are feminists. Especially not very many conservative women ;)

There are a lot of facets of feminism. The word itself has innumerable definitions let alone the aims of the movement or what women think it represents. It varies. Some feminists are against abortion. Some feminists think a woman's place is in the home. Before you say "that's not a feminist" keep in mind that to them feminism may just mean "equal respect" or equal opportunity in terms of the law (voting privileges). Some think that it even protects women and keeping women in the home magnifies their value. I'm sure you disagree but eh that's the way some people think.
President of DDO
Vi_Veri
Posts: 4,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2010 11:28:40 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/21/2010 11:22:00 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 6/21/2010 11:16:40 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:
lol Not all women are feminists. Especially not very many conservative women ;)

There are a lot of facets of feminism. The word itself has innumerable definitions let alone the aims of the movement or what women think it represents. It varies. Some feminists are against abortion. Some feminists think a woman's place is in the home. Before you say "that's not a feminist" keep in mind that to them feminism may just mean "equal respect" or equal opportunity in terms of the law (voting privileges). Some think that it even protects women and keeping women in the home magnifies their value. I'm sure you disagree but eh that's the way some people think.

lol Then the word is meaningless. Feminism is the "radical" notion that women are human beings. Women who are subservient are not feminists. If feminism is not against women being subservient, then the word is meaningless.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Vi_Veri
Posts: 4,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2010 11:30:57 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/21/2010 11:21:17 AM, Zetsubou wrote:


Are you an Objectivist now or something? Ayn Rand is bat sh1t.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2010 11:33:57 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Phil Donahue is a d-bag. I watched that whole interview once -- Donahue probably won the debate, at least in the general public and crowd's opinion. Rand is a terrible public speaker. Milton Friedman destroyed Donahue in both of their debates, though -- I liked those interviews/debates.
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2010 11:35:08 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/21/2010 11:30:57 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:
At 6/21/2010 11:21:17 AM, Zetsubou wrote:


Are you an Objectivist now or something? Ayn Rand is bat sh1t.

I'm not that stupid. :P
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2010 11:35:09 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/21/2010 11:30:57 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:
At 6/21/2010 11:21:17 AM, Zetsubou wrote:


Are you an Objectivist now or something? Ayn Rand is bat sh1t.

I'm pretty sure he's poking fun. The "Christian" bit on his profile is a dead giveaway.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2010 11:43:11 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Swear I've seen this before...

Anyways:

Palin will do something, either stupid or smart, which will shake up any race. Even if she isn't a candidate.

Romney, Huckabee, Pawlenty, and maybe Bobby Jindal and Newt Gingrich - say hello to your GOP Presidential candidates for 2012, or at least the ones who will matter.

Which brings us to Ron Paul.... he's old, he does better work in Congress, and the GOP will not elect this man as candidate, not even as a sacrificial lamb. Tea Partiers be damned; they'll probably move to Huckabee anyways, in order to battle the "RINO" Romney.

As for the Democrats.. despite his numbers, it's pretty obvious Obama will be the candidate. Clinton already got stomped once, and she's a good SoS, and seems happy there. Obama can raise the money, the organization and the might to win another presidential election, at least for himself, if not the Democratic Party.
Vi_Veri
Posts: 4,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2010 11:45:01 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
If Bush can get re-elected, Obama can get re-elected.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Rob1Billion
Posts: 1,338
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2010 3:26:39 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
The original post seems pretty accurate in listing the candidates.

I believe Romney is the GOP's man, unless someone else hits the scene in a Palinesque fashion... Romney reminds me of Clinton in his charismatic appeal and I think that will go a long way with many voters. As far as him being a RINO, that's just another way of saying he is a perfect center of the aisle Republican to run for the office.

Huckabee and Palin, I believe, are just not pallatable enough to swing voters. They would re-kindle quite a bit of the dead liberal spirit that has faded now that the great unifier, Bush 43, has been dethroned. I could see the Huckster running in 2016 but not Palin EVER. Palin is focusing more on kid's shows (the type of people she can win debates with) and putting her energy into non-competitive forums like Faux interviews... I don't think she is going to be running for office in the future, she is going to simply use her fame to support the GOP candidate and operate similar to Rush and Hannity in very controlled environments.

At any rate, anyone who thinks Obama is going to have a hard time being re-elected has to have their heads checked. The complaints against Obama I hear are one of two types: the "he hasn't done sh11 since he got here" crowd, and the "He's doing too much too fast" crowd... He hasn't made any mistakes big enough to shake up his base and I think minorities will be returning in droves in 2012 to re-elect him. Bush 43 is still not that far from our minds yet, after-all. The GOP will probably capture some congressional seats here but realize that barely anyone votes in those elections and the types of people who Obama turned out for himself (and will again in 6 years) are going to stay home this November but NOT in 2012.
Master P is the end result of capitalism.
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2010 4:23:07 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/21/2010 10:26:54 AM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:

Sarah Palin: She has widespread support among soccer moms and also has a strong appeal to the religious right and she will draw part of the feminist vote

agreed; she's an obvious future candidate.
Mitt Romney: He left himself in a very strong position when he stepped out of the last election I think his strongest support will come from moderates and the state of Utah

No, Mick Huckabee destroyed him and continues to implement effective propaganda against Romney among the conservative base.
Ron Paul: I think his support will be among tea party supporters primarily and those on the Right that are less of the Religious right and he may also be able to attract strong libertarian support

yes, but he will only stay strong in the straw polls.

that said I think Huckabee will make a return as a strong candidate in 2012. as a fox news pundit he by default will have good support from the tea party movement, not to mention his 'fair tax' sounds good to there ear's.

and then there's Bobby Jindal. Rush Limbaugh claimed he though McCain should picked this guy for his VP pick before he heard of Palin. Jindal will be able to point to his handling of Louisiana during Katrina and during this oil spill. Jindal will be the new face in GOP presidential primaries that will have a good chance at success the next go round. lets not forget either he appeals as a 'first' president too if he won he would be the 'first Indian' president. http://en.wikipedia.org...
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2010 4:38:50 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/21/2010 3:26:39 PM, Rob1Billion wrote:
Romney.... As far as him being a RINO, that's just another way of saying he is a perfect center of the aisle Republican to run for the office.

The problem, Rob, is that Romney might've been a fairly liberal governor, but he totally flipped his image when he went for federal office. It was ridiculous, and the guy doesn't have much of a backbone to him. Plus, the GOP base might not vote for him, and with all this business around the Tea Party, that could lead to a split.
ournamestoolong
Posts: 1,059
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2010 5:42:04 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
On the issue of Bobby Jindal.

and then there's Bobby Jindal. Rush Limbaugh claimed he though McCain should picked this guy for his VP pick before he heard of Palin.

eh, he's not that known, which is a tad bit of a problem, given there is an incumbent trying to get re-elected.

Jindal will be able to point to his handling of Louisiana during Katrina and during this oil spill.

Should I be the one to point out Jindal was the dumb*ss who was pro-offshore drilling in Louisianna? His approval rating dropped alot after the spill, and it 'aint going up 'till it's fixed.

Jindal will be the new face in GOP presidential primaries that will have a good chance at success the next go round.

Maybe, on the next go-around. No one's heard of him yet. he'll need a backing from Rush again, and maybe some more pundits if he wants a chance.

The one major factor preventing Jindal's election? He can't speak eloquently. (see video)

And he'll be going against Obama, who is one of the greatest speakers of our generation.
I'll get by with a little help from my friends.

Ournamestoolong

Secretary of Commerce

Destroy talking ads!
Rob1Billion
Posts: 1,338
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2010 8:22:30 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/21/2010 4:38:50 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 6/21/2010 3:26:39 PM, Rob1Billion wrote:
Romney.... As far as him being a RINO, that's just another way of saying he is a perfect center of the aisle Republican to run for the office.

The problem, Rob, is that Romney might've been a fairly liberal governor, but he totally flipped his image when he went for federal office. It was ridiculous, and the guy doesn't have much of a backbone to him. Plus, the GOP base might not vote for him, and with all this business around the Tea Party, that could lead to a split.

I suppose you're right... I still don't see Huckabee doing it, though, I don't think America's ready for a splash of Christian Conservatism just yet, if the Tea Party is any indication. The big push right now is for fiscal conservatism. Ron Paul could perhaps beat Obama but he is too controversial to the right.
Master P is the end result of capitalism.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2010 8:32:03 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/21/2010 8:22:30 PM, Rob1Billion wrote:
The big push right now is for fiscal conservatism. Ron Paul could perhaps beat Obama but he is too controversial to the right.

It might be within the GOP, but I don't think the broader American electorate wants "fiscal conservatism," as in, wildly huge, service-destroying cuts and less regulation. What most want is fiscal responsibility and restraint - they want governments to spend smart, not more or less. It's why I thought Obama was really, really stupid to push through his healthcare bill at the current moment - it just looks like unreasonable spending during a time when you needed smart spending, you know?

Ron Paul wouldn't provide smart fiscal plans - he'd just say "to hell with them all," and cut services that Americans, quite frankly, are quite fond of, such as medicare and social security and etc. He won't provide the right ideas. Another GOP candidate might.
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2010 9:32:18 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/21/2010 7:30:43 PM, mongeese wrote:
@Rob1Billion: Obama has done too much of what he shouldn't do and not enough of what he should do.



Uh... first of all. Look at your source. Biased much?? Anyways, the oil spill, of course, is a HUMONGOUS catastrophe. However,

a)it was going to happen at one point, based on the research of the rig afterwards, and the fact that it happened during the Obama administration should in no way down play his ability to be a President of this country.

b) it was caused by a foreign oil company. If it was a domestic company, this would have been handled differently. It's sad, but true. There are more expectations of a speedy response if the U.S. is responsible but if the govn't can get away with placing the blame elsewhere, the response tends to be slower. At least there are rules and regulations to American oil rigs, and if you look at American safety checks of oil rigs, they're WWAAAYYY lower than BP's.

c)they failed to mention that the day after the spill, 32 response vessels were in the Gulf of Mexico helping... Now, I do realize that it seemed Obama was not doing anything. But him playing golf doesn't mean he is lazy, incompetent or stupid. During that time, he was issuing mandates to Congress and BP about responses to the un-natural disaster. He was briefed the day after! Also, the BP CEO refused to talk to any American personnel after the spill, until they had "made considerable progress on cleaning the Gulf and securing the oil rig".

I fail to see how this makes Obama automatically out of the race for 2012. There are 2+ more years... We should wait to see what else he can do.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
Rob1Billion
Posts: 1,338
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2010 9:59:55 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Mongol brother #2: Holy sh11 I didn't realize Obama just kept hitting the golf course in the days after the spill, no wonder why this became such a mess!

Volkov: Do you think that any Republican has a chance if Obama gets the black crowd voting for him in the high nineties again? Even if the Tea Partiers come in droves, it's not like they are coming FROM the swing voting crowd... Those guys seem to me like a bunch of Republicans from the get-go.
Master P is the end result of capitalism.
Strikeeagle84015
Posts: 867
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2010 10:47:44 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Wow this has been a very interesting read but I saw some trying to argue whether or not Obama was to blame for the oil spill ignoring that question the voters will blame him for it you guys forget the central point of voting voters are stupid the American (and Canadian and UK and etc etc...) population are stupid If your on this site you are smarter than most of them but Obama is going to get blamed for everything that happened during his administration regardless of whether or not it is his fault
: At 8/17/2010 7:17:56 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
: Hey dawg, i herd you like evangelical trolls so we put a bible thumper in yo bible thumper so you can troll while you troll!

Arguing with an atheist about God is very similar to arguing with a blind man about what the Sistine Chapel looks like
Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
The only way I will stop believing in God is if he appeared before me and told me that he did not exist.
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2010 11:45:07 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/21/2010 10:47:44 PM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:
Wow this has been a very interesting read but I saw some trying to argue whether or not Obama was to blame for the oil spill ignoring that question the voters will blame him for it you guys forget the central point of voting voters are stupid the American (and Canadian and UK and etc etc...) population are stupid If your on this site you are smarter than most of them but Obama is going to get blamed for everything that happened during his administration regardless of whether or not it is his fault
________________________________________________________________________

...I saw some trying to argue whether or not Obama was to blame for the oil spill ignoring that question the voters will blame him for it you guys forget the central point of voting voters are stupid...

Personally, I was arguing that he shouldn't be blamed because someone on this site implied he should be responsible. Believe me, I know the general public is stupid, gullible and...American...

...If your on this site you are smarter than most of them...

But if he's smarter than the rest too....

We're screwed. o_0
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 7:49:24 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/21/2010 9:59:55 PM, Rob1Billion wrote:
Volkov: Do you think that any Republican has a chance if Obama gets the black crowd voting for him in the high nineties again? Even if the Tea Partiers come in droves, it's not like they are coming FROM the swing voting crowd... Those guys seem to me like a bunch of Republicans from the get-go.

In all honesty, I think most of the GOP is so tainted at this point that Obama could cannibalize a small child and still win the presidency. It's turning into a usual political line, one that we'll see tested in the November elections - the incumbents suck, but they're not as bad/inept as those other guys.

The Tea Partiers are a great source for volunteers, but they are far from a large voting bloc in general elections (as compared with GOP primaries). If the GOP relied on them for a candidate and for a platform, then they're not going to come close.