Total Posts:43|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Bigots..I mean..Texas GOP Platform

Vi_Veri
Posts: 4,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 9:33:32 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
So this is the new Texan GOP platform. They want to criminalize gay sex, throw any gay couple in jail who has a marriage licence (from another state), throwing anyone in jail who issues gay couples a marriage license (again, even though such licenses are not valid in that state), and want to get rid of no fault divorce laws (this infringes on your rights too, straight people).

The bigots have officially come out, and unlike the KKK, they don't know to cover their faces yet.

The shortened version is below, but if you'd like the full PDF, here's the link: http://static.texastribune.org...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CELEBRATING TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE

Family and Defense of Marriage

We support the definition of marriage as a God–ordained, legal and moral commitment only between a natural man and a natural woman, which is the foundational unit of a healthy society, and we oppose the assault on marriage by judicial activists. We call on the President and Congress to take immediate action to defend the sanctity of marriage. We are resolute that Congress exercise authority under the United States Constitution, and pass legislation withholding jurisdiction from the Federal Courts in cases involving family law, especially any changes in the definition of marriage. We further call on Congress to pass and the state legislatures to ratify a marriage amendment declaring that marriage in the United States shall consist of and be recognized only as the union of a natural man and a natural woman. Neither the United States nor any state shall recognize or grant to any unmarried person the legal rights or status of a spouse. We oppose the recognition of and granting of benefits to people who represent themselves as domestic partners without being legally married. We advocate the repeal of laws that place an unfair tax burden on families. We call upon Congress to completely remove the marriage penalty in the tax code, whereby a married couple receives a smaller standard deduction than their unmarried counterparts living together. The primary family unit consists of those related by blood, heterosexual marriage, or adoption. The family is responsible for its own welfare, education, moral training, conduct, and property.

Family Values

We affirm that this section is a response to the attacks on traditional family values. These include well- funded, vigorous political and judicial attempts by powerful organizations and branches of the government to force acceptance, affirmation and normalization of homosexual behavior upon school children, parents, educational institutions, businesses, employees, government bodies and religious institutions and charities. These aggressive, intolerant efforts marginalize as bigots anyone who dissents.

Marriage and Divorce

We believe in the sanctity of marriage and that the integrity of this institution should be protected at all levels of government. We urge the Legislature to rescind no–fault divorce laws. We support Covenant Marriage.

Marriage Licenses

We support legislation that would make it a felony to issue a marriage license to a same-sex couple and for any civil official to perform a marriage ceremony for such.

Homosexuality

We believe that the practice of homosexuality tears at the fabric of society, contributes to the breakdown of the family unit, and leads to the spread of dangerous, communicable diseases. Homosexual behavior is contrary to the fundamental, unchanging truths that have been ordained by God, recognized by our country's founders, and shared by the majority of Texans. Homosexuality must not be presented as an acceptable "alternative" lifestyle in our public education and policy, nor should "family" be redefined to include homosexual "couples." We are opposed to any granting of special legal entitlements, refuse to recognize, or grant special privileges including, but not limited to: marriage between persons of the same sex (regardless of state of origin), custody of children by homosexuals, homosexual partner insurance or retirement benefits. We oppose any criminal or civil penalties against those who oppose homosexuality out of faith, conviction, or belief in traditional values.

Texas Sodomy Statutes

We oppose the legalization of sodomy. We demand that Congress exercise its authority granted by the U.S. Constitution to withhold jurisdiction from the federal courts from cases involving sodomy.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
brian_eggleston
Posts: 3,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 9:48:35 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
This is unbelievable. I mean literally. I thought this was some sort of wind-up so I checked Vi's link and it seems to be genuine.

This is the sort of cracked, backward neo-fascist nonsense that you might associate with some weird far-right Christian cult holed up in a remote ranch up in the hills, not a major political party.

Really scary stuff – even if you are not gay.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 9:52:29 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/22/2010 9:48:35 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
Really scary stuff – even if you are not gay.

No kidding. If you're straight and like anal sex you'd be a criminal too lol...
President of DDO
Vi_Veri
Posts: 4,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 9:54:44 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/22/2010 9:52:29 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 6/22/2010 9:48:35 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
Really scary stuff – even if you are not gay.

No kidding. If you're straight and like anal sex you'd be a criminal too lol...

Sodomy is also considered oral sex. Have fun, Texans.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 9:55:08 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/22/2010 9:52:29 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 6/22/2010 9:48:35 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
Really scary stuff – even if you are not gay.

No kidding. If you're straight and like anal sex you'd be a criminal too lol...

Lol.

Another sad thing is that Texas is the reason why schools don't teach much about evolution anymore. Textbook manufacturers target their textbooks for Texas because Texas is a great source of monetary fund. Since the Texas schoolboards are united and are against the teaching of evolution, most science textbooks don't even discuss it.

It's sad.
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 9:57:42 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
wheres the part in those law's that says homo's are thrown in jail? I couldn't find any language that suggested penalty for living like Gay's, just refusal for state recognition of there relationship as married, and protection of the 'bigots' right to proclaim is wrong without violating 'hate crime' laws.
if all that's at steak is how the government taxes you as a 'married' couple or as two individuals living together I don't have a problem with this.

although I did see the part about marriage annulment. and for that alone this seems worth fighting against.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Vi_Veri
Posts: 4,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 10:02:34 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/22/2010 9:57:42 AM, Marauder wrote:
wheres the part in those law's that says homo's are thrown in jail?

Sodomy is illegal. Gay marriage is illegal. Being GAY would be hard to make illegal unless they had some mind reading devices.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Vi_Veri
Posts: 4,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 10:05:47 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/22/2010 10:04:14 AM, theLwerd wrote:
Lol @ Marauder.

Dito
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 10:12:29 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/22/2010 10:08:00 AM, Nags wrote:
I still think Obama's economic policy is scarier.

That's because you haven't been arrested for getting a BJ yet.
President of DDO
brian_eggleston
Posts: 3,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 10:14:14 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/22/2010 10:12:29 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 6/22/2010 10:08:00 AM, Nags wrote:
I still think Obama's economic policy is scarier.

That's because you haven't been arrested for getting a BJ yet.

Sorry to lower the tone even further here but I don't see why oral sex is banned.

I mean, so long as the man has a "gentleman's wash" beforehand and she's not "on her rags", what harm can oral sex do?
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 10:15:22 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/22/2010 10:12:29 AM, theLwerd wrote:
That's because you haven't been arrested for getting a BJ yet.

The law says I can get arrested for getting a BJ from a chick?
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 10:16:56 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/22/2010 10:02:34 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:
At 6/22/2010 9:57:42 AM, Marauder wrote:
wheres the part in those law's that says homo's are thrown in jail?

Sodomy is illegal. Gay marriage is illegal. Being GAY would be hard to make illegal unless they had some mind reading devices.

I understand its deceleration as 'illegal' but not where it gives jail-time as a consequence. Gay marriage is illegal in my state and yet I have never heard of a gay couple being thrown in jail for it. it only changes state recognition, but its not like its illegal like say... stealing stuff is illegal.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 10:21:11 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/22/2010 10:15:22 AM, Nags wrote:
At 6/22/2010 10:12:29 AM, theLwerd wrote:
That's because you haven't been arrested for getting a BJ yet.

The law says I can get arrested for getting a BJ from a chick?

If it's criminalized, then you have a penalty. It may not be jail - it would probably be a fine - but having to pay a fine for a BJ is just as absurd. The part about being arrested was intended to show the slippery slope this is heading towards (I was making fun).
President of DDO
Vi_Veri
Posts: 4,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 10:21:44 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/22/2010 10:15:22 AM, Nags wrote:
At 6/22/2010 10:12:29 AM, theLwerd wrote:
That's because you haven't been arrested for getting a BJ yet.

The law says I can get arrested for getting a BJ from a chick?

Yes, that's Sodomy. Sodomy is anal sex, and oral sex - doesn't matter who performs it.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Vi_Veri
Posts: 4,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 10:22:25 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/22/2010 10:16:56 AM, Marauder wrote:
At 6/22/2010 10:02:34 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:
At 6/22/2010 9:57:42 AM, Marauder wrote:
wheres the part in those law's that says homo's are thrown in jail?

Sodomy is illegal. Gay marriage is illegal. Being GAY would be hard to make illegal unless they had some mind reading devices.

I understand its deceleration as 'illegal' but not where it gives jail-time as a consequence. Gay marriage is illegal in my state and yet I have never heard of a gay couple being thrown in jail for it. it only changes state recognition, but its not like its illegal like say... stealing stuff is illegal.

Texas wants to make it so. Did you not read the PDF?
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 10:24:22 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/22/2010 10:16:56 AM, Marauder wrote:
I understand its deceleration as 'illegal' but not where it gives jail-time as a consequence. Gay marriage is illegal in my state and yet I have never heard of a gay couple being thrown in jail for it. it only changes state recognition, but its not like its illegal like say... stealing stuff is illegal.

There's a difference between criminalization and making something illegal. Some people advocate that drugs are illegal but decriminalized. I personally don't see the legitimacy in that (which is essentially what this says) -- as if something is not criminalized i.e. no penalty then it doesn't matter if it's illegal. If they don't intend to punish law breakers, then why go out of their way to establish that as a part of their platform and make it against the law? Name something illegal that doesn't carry a punishment.
President of DDO
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 10:28:03 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/22/2010 10:21:11 AM, theLwerd wrote:
If it's criminalized, then you have a penalty. It may not be jail - it would probably be a fine - but having to pay a fine for a BJ is just as absurd. The part about being arrested was intended to show the slippery slope this is heading towards (I was making fun).

The odds of the government catching me getting a blowjob: 1 in 10000000

Still, I prefer sodomy laws to socialism.
Rob1Billion
Posts: 1,338
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 10:30:21 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
It's funny I have a homosexual friend who recently moved to Austin and she thinks it's great down there... Apparently Austin is a liberal beacon of hope amongst a sea of racist bigoted conservative Christianity.
Master P is the end result of capitalism.
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 10:32:00 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/22/2010 10:22:25 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:
At 6/22/2010 10:16:56 AM, Marauder wrote:
At 6/22/2010 10:02:34 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:
At 6/22/2010 9:57:42 AM, Marauder wrote:
wheres the part in those law's that says homo's are thrown in jail?

Sodomy is illegal. Gay marriage is illegal. Being GAY would be hard to make illegal unless they had some mind reading devices.

I understand its deceleration as 'illegal' but not where it gives jail-time as a consequence. Gay marriage is illegal in my state and yet I have never heard of a gay couple being thrown in jail for it. it only changes state recognition, but its not like its illegal like say... stealing stuff is illegal.

Texas wants to make it so. Did you not read the PDF?

well, no. I assumed the essentials where in what you personally posted. I shall look at it now.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 10:35:34 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/22/2010 10:24:22 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 6/22/2010 10:16:56 AM, Marauder wrote:
I understand its deceleration as 'illegal' but not where it gives jail-time as a consequence. Gay marriage is illegal in my state and yet I have never heard of a gay couple being thrown in jail for it. it only changes state recognition, but its not like its illegal like say... stealing stuff is illegal.

There's a difference between criminalization and making something illegal. Some people advocate that drugs are illegal but decriminalized. I personally don't see the legitimacy in that (which is essentially what this says) -- as if something is not criminalized i.e. no penalty then it doesn't matter if it's illegal. If they don't intend to punish law breakers, then why go out of their way to establish that as a part of their platform and make it against the law? Name something illegal that doesn't carry a punishment.

the point would be for tax purposes or to create pointless wedge issues to fire up the christian base to support their Republican incumbent during voting season even though just weeks before they were ready to throw him or her out!

that is why they make such assanine legislation that doesn't criminalize. a political trojin horse.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 10:42:25 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Okay I read it now, and you did put the essentials. I still didn't find any criminalization in there. however regardless of that fact I am opposed to ever even putting this bill to a vote. its the very definition of earmarks for no purpose other than to fire up the conservative platform for election season.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Rob1Billion
Posts: 1,338
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 10:47:53 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/22/2010 10:28:03 AM, Nags wrote:
At 6/22/2010 10:21:11 AM, theLwerd wrote:
If it's criminalized, then you have a penalty. It may not be jail - it would probably be a fine - but having to pay a fine for a BJ is just as absurd. The part about being arrested was intended to show the slippery slope this is heading towards (I was making fun).

The odds of the government catching me getting a blowjob: 1 in 10000000

Still, I prefer sodomy laws to socialism.

Nags your comments are so weak they have the net effect of supporting Lwerd et al. I mean do you really want me to tear you apart on these? It's probably too late anyway once Lwerd reads it LOL
Master P is the end result of capitalism.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 11:11:55 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/22/2010 10:21:11 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 6/22/2010 10:15:22 AM, Nags wrote:
At 6/22/2010 10:12:29 AM, theLwerd wrote:
That's because you haven't been arrested for getting a BJ yet.

The law says I can get arrested for getting a BJ from a chick?

If it's criminalized, then you have a penalty. It may not be jail - it would probably be a fine - but having to pay a fine for a BJ is just as absurd.
About as absurd as having to pay a fine for getting something else of value. Especially if it's proportional to the street value of a purchased BJ. Just saying. :)

Yes, that's Sodomy. Sodomy is anal sex, and oral sex - doesn't matter who performs it.
The recently struck down law in Texas most eminently did not define it that way. It was rather targeted anti-gay discrimination, it didn't attack the more standard definition of sodomy. (It was however gray on gynecology practiced by females :P)
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
feverish
Posts: 2,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 12:36:42 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/22/2010 10:21:44 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:
At 6/22/2010 10:15:22 AM, Nags wrote:

The law says I can get arrested for getting a BJ from a chick?

Yes, that's Sodomy. Sodomy is anal sex, and oral sex - doesn't matter who performs it.

I've never heard oral sex referred to as sodomy. I think it is generally taken to mean any kind of anal sex, google define suggests it can also cover bestiality and in fact anything deemed "unnatural" but nothing specific about blowjobs or cunnilingus. http://www.google.co.uk...

At 6/22/2010 10:28:03 AM, Nags wrote:

The odds of the government catching me getting a blowjob: 1 in 10000000

And what proportion of that is the odds of you receiving one at all? (kidding).
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 12:42:11 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/22/2010 10:28:03 AM, Nags wrote:
Still, I prefer sodomy laws to socialism.

Good thing we don't live in a socialist nation then.
President of DDO