Jump to topic:

What was Obama's subliminal messege

Lookingatissues
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 6:12:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
The State of the Union Address exposed a not so well hidden narcissistic attitude of this president, a attitude that has too often been displayed by him while attending to functions of the office of president. On one occasion, of many, when he was challenged to debate an issue by a representative from the republican party Obama couldn't seem to help himself from touting his superior position by inserting the comment that "the election is over and I won..." and Obama's State of the Union speech last night was no exception of Obama's narcissistic need to aggrandize himself whenever the opportunity availed itself. Instead of being humbled by the honor of being chosen by the citizens to be their president this president has taken the position that he was elected to deliver his edicts to the people's representatives and their duty, to meekly obey and pass his edicts without question, apparently Obama was serious when he said, " I can do anything I want ,"I'm the president."
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 10:20:31 PM
At 1/21/2015 6:12:37 PM, Lookingatissues wrote:
The State of the Union Address exposed a not so well hidden narcissistic attitude of this president, a attitude that has too often been displayed by him while attending to functions of the office of president. On one occasion, of many, when he was challenged to debate an issue by a representative from the republican party Obama couldn't seem to help himself from touting his superior position by inserting the comment that "the election is over and I won..." and Obama's State of the Union speech last night was no exception of Obama's narcissistic need to aggrandize himself whenever the opportunity availed itself. Instead of being humbled by the honor of being chosen by the citizens to be their president this president has taken the position that he was elected to deliver his edicts to the people's representatives and their duty, to meekly obey and pass his edicts without question, apparently Obama was serious when he said, " I can do anything I want ,"I'm the president."

This is stupid, and really the only person who could conclude that Obama was arrogant in his state of the union is the kind of person who believes that black men should bow their heads to white whenever present.

His point was that the exact same people who elected him, twice, also elected the Republican controlled houses of congress. So, even though on a local level people might have been dissatisfied with their guy in one election, the fact that he got elected twice over a longer period of time speaks more to how the American people (as a whole, because popular turnout is much higher in presidential elections than in midterms) feel than some heat of the moment political upset.

The GOP acts like it got some kind of a mandate off of winning the house and the senate; which is stupid. And this OP was stupid as well, and probably indicative of how racist its poster really is.
Tsar of DDO
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 10:59:07 PM
What hidden message, seemed pretty in your face to me. Marxism. "He wants to close the loophole on wealth. " For all of you who do not know what that means, he wants to tax what you have already paid taxes on. In other words, confiscate people's after tax wealth. It means govt will decide how much wealth is enough. If you appear to rich the govt will take your wealth. Seams pro american and Pro capitalist to me. We as a nation deserve this to happen to us. We deserve to be led like cattle with rings through our noses. We don't deserve any kind of freedom. We deserve Barack Obama.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 11:01:09 PM
At 1/21/2015 10:59:07 PM, sadolite wrote:
What hidden message, seemed pretty in your face to me. Marxism. "He wants to close the loophole on wealth. " For all of you who do not know what that means, he wants to tax what you have already paid taxes on. In other words, confiscate people's after tax wealth. It means govt will decide how much wealth is enough. If you appear to rich the govt will take your wealth. Seams pro american and Pro capitalist to me. We as a nation deserve this to happen to us. We deserve to be led like cattle with rings through our noses. We don't deserve any kind of freedom. We deserve Barack Obama.

Sadolite...you make me cry when I think about the future of politics in America. And America's already the most conservative developed nation. Your utopia is the scariest thing I can imagine.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 11:07:37 PM
At 1/21/2015 11:01:09 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Sadolite...you make me cry when I think about the future of politics in America. And America's already the most conservative developed nation. Your utopia is the scariest thing I can imagine.

There is no such thing as a Utopia. And your right you wouldn't last ten minutes in a country that only provides for the infirmed and elderly and left the able bodied to their own devices. I know, it would be a cruel world. Self reliance, personal responsibility, poor life choices having devastating consequences on you, no bailouts, people failing people succeeding. It would be a cruel world indeed.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 11:12:34 PM
At 1/21/2015 10:20:31 PM, YYW wrote:

This is stupid, and really the only person who could conclude that Obama was arrogant in his state of the union is the kind of person who believes that black men should bow their heads to white whenever present.

His point was that the exact same people who elected him, twice, also elected the Republican controlled houses of congress. So, even though on a local level people might have been dissatisfied with their guy in one election, the fact that he got elected twice over a longer period of time speaks more to how the American people (as a whole, because popular turnout is much higher in presidential elections than in midterms) feel than some heat of the moment political upset.

The GOP acts like it got some kind of a mandate off of winning the house and the senate; which is stupid. And this OP was stupid as well, and probably indicative of how racist its poster really is.

Did you really play the race card, are you f-ing kidding me.

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 11:12:58 PM
At 1/21/2015 11:07:37 PM, sadolite wrote:

There is no such thing as a Utopia. And your right you wouldn't last ten minutes in a country that only provides for the infirmed and elderly and left the able bodied to their own devices. I know, it would be a cruel world. Self reliance, personal responsibility, poor life choices having devastating consequences on you, no bailouts, people failing people succeeding. It would be a cruel world indeed.

You mean...America minus the small minority of freeloaders?
Actually, you also excluded all of the unemployed, most of whom are so not because of personal responsibility but because of circumstance. It amazes me how much far-right people pretend opportunity and fortune don't exist.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 11:14:26 PM
At 1/21/2015 11:12:58 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Actually, you also excluded all of the unemployed, most of whom are so not because of personal responsibility but because of circumstance. It amazes me how much far-right people pretend opportunity and fortune don't exist.

What ever, send em a check

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 11:15:55 PM
At 1/21/2015 11:14:26 PM, sadolite wrote:

Then we're basically exactly where we are today. Except with a less broken welfare system. Maybe we can get the age of Social Security raised too.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 11:20:50 PM
At 1/21/2015 11:15:55 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 1/21/2015 11:14:26 PM, sadolite wrote:

Then we're basically exactly where we are today. Except with a less broken welfare system. Maybe we can get the age of Social Security raised too.

Or maybe just have Republicans stop treating social security like their personal pet pork project slush fund. That might help...
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 11:22:38 PM
At 1/21/2015 11:12:34 PM, sadolite wrote:

Your'e damn right I did, and with good reason. A white person talking about how "arrogant" Obama is, is a white person talking about how pissed they are that there is a black guy who won.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 11:23:36 PM

Republicans talk about free loaders too much. Reagan was horrible for that, and with the exception of the Bush's, it's gotten worse since.
Tsar of DDO
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 11:25:59 PM
At 1/21/2015 11:22:38 PM, YYW wrote:

Your'e damn right I did, and with good reason. A white person talking about how "arrogant" Obama is, is a white person talking about how pissed they are that there is a black guy who won.

It couldn't possibly be his overreach of the constitution or how he implements his policy decisions. No never.

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 11:26:24 PM
At 1/21/2015 11:23:36 PM, YYW wrote:

Republicans talk about free loaders too much. Reagan was horrible for that, and with the exception of the Bush's, it's gotten worse since.

They do seem to see free loaders everywhere. Of course, the ones I've talked to have a fundamental misunderstanding of what needing that aid looks like versus what they think it should look like.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 11:27:46 PM
And I know I harp on the "forgotten man" a lot, but every person in this country who makes less than a quarter of a million dollars a year should be a democrat. If you're not, you're voting against your interests. That's not to say the DNC is perfect, but if you think that such basic things as access to health care should not depend on your ability to pay for it, or that everyone who is able to make the cut in college should get a chance to do it whether their family is poor or not, then you should be voting for democrats.

The stupid-white-guy Republican argument for voting for Republicans is this:

One day when I win the lottery, I don't want to have to pay taxes!

*facepalm*
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 11:29:35 PM
At 1/21/2015 11:25:59 PM, sadolite wrote:

It couldn't possibly be his overreach of the constitution or how he implements his policy decisions. No never.

There is some irony in this statement.
Tsar of DDO
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 11:32:14 PM
At 1/21/2015 11:29:35 PM, YYW wrote:
At 1/21/2015 11:25:59 PM, sadolite wrote:

Ya, the irony is every President since George Washington has been criticized and accused of arrogance. Welcome to the club Obama.

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 11:35:06 PM
The real reason that poor white people don't vote for Democrats, though, has more to do with pride than anything else. It's all about pride, which is stupid.

Poor white republicans are too proud to admit that they're incapable of providing a good future for their kids, or medical care for their families, or food on the table that is healthy -and they resent anyone who thinks that life should be easy because all they know is how hard life is. So, they think that's how life should be. Everything must be a struggle. No happiness; nothing may come easy.

When really, those are the people who need the government's help most. That's the irony. And it's tragic, especially given that poor white republicans are nothing more than the 1%'s useful idiots.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 11:40:12 PM
At 1/21/2015 11:32:14 PM, sadolite wrote:

Ya, the irony is every President since George Washington has been criticized and accused of arrogance. Welcome to the club Obama.

No, the irony is that you're implying you know more about constitutional law than Obama.

But the ultimate irony is that in not supporting him, you are supporting a party who is ran by exceptionally wealthy people whose so-called values begin and end in making themselves (and not you) more wealthy.

You have no idea how stock brokers make money, or how the Koch brother's make money, etc. What you know is that work for you is hard, and you assume that making money is that hard.

Making money (like, loads of it) when you have capital, is very easy. It's as simple as sitting back and watching the grass grow. There is no blood, no sweat, no tears. Only mojitos and sun tans. The occasional trip to Aspen.
Tsar of DDO
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 11:42:50 PM

^
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 11:46:39 PM
I've always loved the "let people just face reality" mindset. If a large business failed because the owner was an idiot, what happens? The owner liquifies the assets and can make millions (sure, they no longer have a business that makes an annual profit, but the cash value isn't that bad) and go live comfortably with his bad decisions, while the workers just get fired and don't get a dime for the closure, even if it was the owner's fault rather than the workers. But if they were good, they'll find a new job... After missing work for some time and so falling until ident just to survive (or digging into their savings) and likely taking a pay cut (after all, if this other job paid more, they would have taken it long ago).

I am all for people facing the concequences of their actions, but it has to be of their actions and not the actions that others imposed upon them.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 12:07:47 AM
At 1/21/2015 11:40:12 PM, YYW wrote:

No, the irony is that you're implying you know more about constitutional law than Obama.

But the ultimate irony is that in not supporting him, you are supporting a party who is ran by exceptionally wealthy people whose so-called values begin and end in making themselves (and not you) more wealthy.

You have no idea how stock brokers make money, or how the Koch brother's make money, etc. What you know is that work for you is hard, and you assume that making money is that hard.

Making money (like, loads of it) when you have capital, is very easy. It's as simple as sitting back and watching the grass grow. There is no blood, no sweat, no tears. Only mojitos and sun tans. The occasional trip to Aspen.

I don't support any party. I am self reliant. I don't need the lip service of corrupt politicians or a corrupt gov't squandering my children financial futures down the toilet. People who worship political parties and think those parties care about them or their lot in life are delusional. Govt cares about govt. And throws little bones to the people who think govt is the solution. Ya Obama is great he is going to change your life, praise the god of govt. The greatest most intelligent man that ever lived or will live. Your right, I should really be on my knees thanking him for all he has done for me.

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 12:31:42 AM

"No, the irony is that you're implying you know more about constitutional law than Obama." Show one single thing Barack Obama has authored about the constitution. If I would bet that I do know more than him. He thinks the constitution should be rights for the govt not the people. That alone proves I know more about the constitution than he does.

Lookingatissues
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 6:48:11 AM

Reply to your response in which you said,"..... This is stupid, and really the only person who could conclude that Obama was arrogant in his state of the union is the kind of person who believes that black men should bow their heads to white whenever present....."
I have to admit that I didn't vote for Obama just because he was black but I also know that there were many that did vote for him just because he was black, which was more racist of an act, I leave that up to you and others to decide. to point out that the empire hasn't any clothes on isn't a racist statement but a statement of fact no matter what race the empire happened to be.

you replied,".... The GOP acts like it got some kind of a mandate off of winning the house and the senate..." If the voters approved of the democrats policies and their presidents actions why didn't they show that by their votes, if they approved of what the democrats were doing, or not doing, why did they not vote for the democrat party.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 4:54:16 PM

And you know this from experience or just assume it. How many people do you know personally that earn more than $10,00,000 a year? I can say I know 3. And I can assure you their lives are 24/7 business. Everything they do revolves around their work or business. You may look at some rich person on a luxury yacht and think that guy just sits around on his yacht collecting money off dividends and interest all day long. Nope, he is on that yacht first and foremost for some business reason. Rich people never go on vacation. They are always doing something to generate wealth, always. Your words prove you know nothing about high finance or what it takes to earn such money.

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 5:02:19 PM
At 1/22/2015 4:54:16 PM, sadolite wrote:

And you know this from experience or just assume it. How many people do you know personally that earn more than $10,00,000 a year? I can say I know 3.

About twenty.

And I can assure you their lives are 24/7 business. Everything they do revolves around their work or business. You may look at some rich person on a luxury yacht and think that guy just sits around on his yacht collecting money off dividends and interest all day long. Nope, he is on that yacht first and foremost for some business reason. Rich people never go on vacation. They are always doing something to generate wealth, always. Your words prove you know nothing about high finance or what it takes to earn such money.
Tsar of DDO
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 5:06:11 PM
At 1/22/2015 5:02:19 PM, YYW wrote:

And you know this from experience or just assume it. How many people do you know personally that earn more than $10,00,000 a year? I can say I know 3.

About twenty.

And I can assure you their lives are 24/7 business. Everything they do revolves around their work or business. You may look at some rich person on a luxury yacht and think that guy just sits around on his yacht collecting money off dividends and interest all day long. Nope, he is on that yacht first and foremost for some business reason. Rich people never go on vacation. They are always doing something to generate wealth, always. Your words prove you know nothing about high finance or what it takes to earn such money.

No you don't, You just got exposed for your ignorance. Your sarcastic response proves it.

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 5:08:48 PM
At 1/22/2015 5:06:11 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:02:19 PM, YYW wrote:

About twenty.

No you don't, You just got exposed for your ignorance. Your sarcastic response proves it.

You know why I am not rich? Because I would never trade places with any of the 3 people I know. Their lives are nothing but 24/7 pressure and stress. I could never live that life no matter how much money it paid.