Total Posts:21|Showing Posts:1-21
Jump to topic:

Death toll : Capitalists vs Socialists

debate_power
Posts: 726
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 5:47:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/25/2015 11:05:22 PM, miketheman1200 wrote:
So DDO, which system has resulted in more death?

War shouldn't be counted for either side. This is solely about domestic deaths.

What does it matter? How can you directly attribute deaths to either system?

Anyway, socialism has never existed on a large scale, so I'd assume the death count for socialism is very small.
You can call me Mark if you like.
miketheman1200
Posts: 49
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 6:56:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/18/2015 5:47:44 PM, debate_power wrote:
At 1/25/2015 11:05:22 PM, miketheman1200 wrote:
So DDO, which system has resulted in more death?

War shouldn't be counted for either side. This is solely about domestic deaths.

What does it matter? How can you directly attribute deaths to either system?

Anyway, socialism has never existed on a large scale, so I'd assume the death count for socialism is very small.

lmao
debate_power
Posts: 726
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 6:57:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/18/2015 6:56:05 PM, miketheman1200 wrote:
At 2/18/2015 5:47:44 PM, debate_power wrote:
At 1/25/2015 11:05:22 PM, miketheman1200 wrote:
So DDO, which system has resulted in more death?

War shouldn't be counted for either side. This is solely about domestic deaths.

What does it matter? How can you directly attribute deaths to either system?

Anyway, socialism has never existed on a large scale, so I'd assume the death count for socialism is very small.

lmao

Why? It's true.
You can call me Mark if you like.
omanjoka
Posts: 37
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 4:57:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I think they both have problems. But a Harvard study found that 17,000 Americans are going to die because they don't have access to medical care. They made too much money to receive medicare, but not enough to afford private healthcare insurance. In a socialist system like in Canada, you die because you were TFG, or your doctor was incompetent. Only in a capitalist system can you die because you don't have any market value.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"
-Epicurus.
debate_power
Posts: 726
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2015 3:11:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/12/2015 5:50:52 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
100 percent mortality rate for everyone...fix this someone.

Yeah really... lol
You can call me Mark if you like.
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2015 4:01:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/12/2015 4:57:44 PM, omanjoka wrote:
I think they both have problems. But a Harvard study found that 17,000 Americans are going to die because they don't have access to medical care. They made too much money to receive medicare, but not enough to afford private healthcare insurance. In a socialist system like in Canada, you die because you were TFG, or your doctor was incompetent. Only in a capitalist system can you die because you don't have any market value.

Depends. Canada actually has a higher cancer mortality rate for cancers and outdated technology. Also, most technological advancements come from the U.S. So any success of a system has to give credit to the U.S.

Russia had full access to medical care but they had extremely poor healthcare. The government was forced to ration care to the powerful at the expense of the poor. Under a market healthcare system many reforms can be done to make healthcare more accessible (e.g. HSA's).
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,311
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2015 4:08:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/18/2015 3:11:50 PM, debate_power wrote:
At 3/12/2015 5:50:52 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
100 percent mortality rate for everyone...fix this someone.

Yeah really... lol

Any solutions?
SirCrona
Posts: 139
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2015 11:54:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/25/2015 11:05:22 PM, miketheman1200 wrote:
So DDO, which system has resulted in more death?

War shouldn't be counted for either side. This is solely about domestic deaths.

100% of people exposed to COMMUNISM will DIE in their lifetime! STOP THE MADNESS, END COMMUNISM!
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,311
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2015 1:23:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/21/2015 11:54:07 AM, SirCrona wrote:
At 1/25/2015 11:05:22 PM, miketheman1200 wrote:
So DDO, which system has resulted in more death?

War shouldn't be counted for either side. This is solely about domestic deaths.

100% of people exposed to COMMUNISM will DIE in their lifetime! STOP THE MADNESS, END COMMUNISM!

Don't you mean after?
debate_power
Posts: 726
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2015 1:35:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/21/2015 1:23:44 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 3/21/2015 11:54:07 AM, SirCrona wrote:
At 1/25/2015 11:05:22 PM, miketheman1200 wrote:
So DDO, which system has resulted in more death?

War shouldn't be counted for either side. This is solely about domestic deaths.

100% of people exposed to COMMUNISM will DIE in their lifetime! STOP THE MADNESS, END COMMUNISM!

Don't you mean after?

In any case, this does not appear to be a post about the merits of socialism or capitalism. This seems like an attempt to judge all capitalists or all socialists by the same moral yardstick.
You can call me Mark if you like.
debate_power
Posts: 726
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2015 1:36:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/21/2015 1:35:27 PM, debate_power wrote:
At 3/21/2015 1:23:44 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 3/21/2015 11:54:07 AM, SirCrona wrote:
At 1/25/2015 11:05:22 PM, miketheman1200 wrote:
So DDO, which system has resulted in more death?

War shouldn't be counted for either side. This is solely about domestic deaths.

100% of people exposed to COMMUNISM will DIE in their lifetime! STOP THE MADNESS, END COMMUNISM!

Don't you mean after?

In any case, this does not appear to be a post about the merits of socialism or capitalism. This seems like an attempt to judge all capitalists or all socialists by the same moral yardstick.

As if socialists today are responsible for things that socialists did in the past.
You can call me Mark if you like.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,311
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2015 1:50:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/21/2015 1:35:27 PM, debate_power wrote:
At 3/21/2015 1:23:44 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 3/21/2015 11:54:07 AM, SirCrona wrote:
At 1/25/2015 11:05:22 PM, miketheman1200 wrote:
So DDO, which system has resulted in more death?

War shouldn't be counted for either side. This is solely about domestic deaths.

100% of people exposed to COMMUNISM will DIE in their lifetime! STOP THE MADNESS, END COMMUNISM!

Don't you mean after?

In any case, this does not appear to be a post about the merits of socialism or capitalism. This seems like an attempt to judge all capitalists or all socialists by the same moral yardstick.

That is incorrect.
debate_power
Posts: 726
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2015 1:59:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/21/2015 1:50:50 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 3/21/2015 1:35:27 PM, debate_power wrote:
At 3/21/2015 1:23:44 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 3/21/2015 11:54:07 AM, SirCrona wrote:
At 1/25/2015 11:05:22 PM, miketheman1200 wrote:
So DDO, which system has resulted in more death?

War shouldn't be counted for either side. This is solely about domestic deaths.

100% of people exposed to COMMUNISM will DIE in their lifetime! STOP THE MADNESS, END COMMUNISM!

Don't you mean after?

In any case, this does not appear to be a post about the merits of socialism or capitalism. This seems like an attempt to judge all capitalists or all socialists by the same moral yardstick.

That is incorrect.

Okay, I messed that up. I meant that the original post looked like a way to argue against socialism through actions that socialists did in the past. I didn't mean you were trying to do anything of the sort.
You can call me Mark if you like.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,311
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2015 2:01:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/21/2015 1:59:35 PM, debate_power wrote:
At 3/21/2015 1:50:50 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 3/21/2015 1:35:27 PM, debate_power wrote:
At 3/21/2015 1:23:44 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 3/21/2015 11:54:07 AM, SirCrona wrote:
At 1/25/2015 11:05:22 PM, miketheman1200 wrote:
So DDO, which system has resulted in more death?

War shouldn't be counted for either side. This is solely about domestic deaths.

100% of people exposed to COMMUNISM will DIE in their lifetime! STOP THE MADNESS, END COMMUNISM!

Don't you mean after?

In any case, this does not appear to be a post about the merits of socialism or capitalism. This seems like an attempt to judge all capitalists or all socialists by the same moral yardstick.

That is incorrect.

Okay, I messed that up. I meant that the original post looked like a way to argue against socialism through actions that socialists did in the past. I didn't mean you were trying to do anything of the sort.

Still incorrect.

OP baits the question "how long do we deserve to live?"

A ridiculous question.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2015 2:01:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/21/2015 1:57:09 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Just cause it hasn't happened yet does not mean I will never grow a vagina.

Or sprout wings.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
debate_power
Posts: 726
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2015 2:04:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/21/2015 2:01:15 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 3/21/2015 1:59:35 PM, debate_power wrote:
At 3/21/2015 1:50:50 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 3/21/2015 1:35:27 PM, debate_power wrote:
At 3/21/2015 1:23:44 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 3/21/2015 11:54:07 AM, SirCrona wrote:
At 1/25/2015 11:05:22 PM, miketheman1200 wrote:
So DDO, which system has resulted in more death?

War shouldn't be counted for either side. This is solely about domestic deaths.

100% of people exposed to COMMUNISM will DIE in their lifetime! STOP THE MADNESS, END COMMUNISM!

Don't you mean after?

In any case, this does not appear to be a post about the merits of socialism or capitalism. This seems like an attempt to judge all capitalists or all socialists by the same moral yardstick.

That is incorrect.

Okay, I messed that up. I meant that the original post looked like a way to argue against socialism through actions that socialists did in the past. I didn't mean you were trying to do anything of the sort.

Still incorrect.

Fine, the original post was trying to get people to compare socialism and capitalism by pointing out what socialists and capitalists did in the past.

OP baits the question "how long do we deserve to live?"

Why do you say that?

A ridiculous question.
You can call me Mark if you like.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2015 6:45:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/12/2015 4:57:44 PM, omanjoka wrote:
I think they both have problems. But a Harvard study found that 17,000 Americans are going to die because they don't have access to medical care. They made too much money to receive medicare, but not enough to afford private healthcare insurance. In a socialist system like in Canada, you die because you were TFG, or your doctor was incompetent. Only in a capitalist system can you die because you don't have any market value.

In a socialist society, all give up their lives to others. That's much worse.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush