Jump to topic:

Electing Obama Was A Big Mistake

minervx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 10:38:44 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
It's way too early to make a complete assessment of his presidency (because it can only get worse), but what has happened so far is set in stone and cannot be changed.

He campaigned on getting the U.S. out of Iraq in 16 months saying its stupid to give money to Iraq because he claimed its government had a surplus.

It's been over 16 months and the U.S. is not out of Iraq yet.

Either we withdraw or we stay there and win the war.

There is no in-between.

But that's what Obama's doing. Fighting the war to please the hawks, but promising a ridiculous timetable to please the doves.

It is reminiscent of Vietnamization which was a huge failure.

Moreover, his $800 billion stimulus package was an abject failure because it was enacted too slow and did not stimulate the economy.

His campaign tricks may have fooled the voters, but the history books will reveal the truth.
Strikeeagle84015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 10:40:11 PM
At 6/24/2010 10:38:44 PM, minervx wrote:

His campaign tricks may have fooled the voters, but the history books will reveal the truth.

Unless he rewrites the history books to just saying
: At 8/17/2010 7:17:56 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
: Hey dawg, i herd you like evangelical trolls so we put a bible thumper in yo bible thumper so you can troll while you troll!

Arguing with an atheist about God is very similar to arguing with a blind man about what the Sistine Chapel looks like
Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
The only way I will stop believing in God is if he appeared before me and told me that he did not exist.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2010 3:40:21 AM
As far as I'm aware, Obama's done nothing different from what he said he would do in his stated, open platform, in regards to Iraq and Afghanistan.

Obama didn't "trick" anyone. Using your logic, Americans are either stupid or warmongers. Take your pick of the two, because otherwise you make no sense.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2010 6:50:17 AM
At 6/25/2010 3:40:21 AM, Volkov wrote:
As far as I'm aware, Obama's done nothing different from what he said he would do in his stated, open platform, in regards to Iraq and Afghanistan.

You must not be very aware then. For example, he said that all troops would be withdrawn from Iraq 16 months after his swearing in. It is past 16 months.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2010 9:24:56 AM
At 6/25/2010 6:50:17 AM, Nags wrote:

You must not be very aware then. For example, he said that all troops would be withdrawn from Iraq 16 months after his swearing in. It is past 16 months.

Because, of course, situations never change and it's more important that Obama doesn't break a pinky promise than address a situation in a proper fashion
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2010 10:05:14 AM
At 6/25/2010 9:24:56 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

Because, of course, situations never change and it's more important that Obama doesn't break a pinky promise than address a situation in a proper fashion

What the frick is so complicated?

Do as Ron Paul would have done. Just get the frick out of there naoh! No questions. Just leave.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2010 10:14:16 AM
At 6/25/2010 10:05:14 AM, PoeJoe wrote:

Do as Ron Paul would have done. Just get the frick out of there naoh! No questions. Just leave.

I buy a fish tank and put 15 fish in it. There are 3 fish that, given I leave the fish alone, will eat the remaining 12. But heck, do what Ron Paul says, I don't have any responsibility to ensure the livelihood of 12 fish.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2010 10:28:56 AM

^Missing the point. This is a prime example.

Look at what Volkov said. Now look at what I said. I refuted what Volkov said. Did I ever say changing a course of action if situations change is bad? No. I simply showed that Obama flip-flopped, or didn't fulfill a promise.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2010 10:29:49 AM
At 6/25/2010 10:14:16 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 6/25/2010 10:05:14 AM, PoeJoe wrote:

I buy a fish tank and put 15 fish in it. There are 3 fish that, given I leave the fish alone, will eat the remaining 12. But heck, do what Ron Paul says, I don't have any responsibility to ensure the livelihood of 12 fish.

If you put two fish in a tank knowing that one is going to eat the other, you are at fault for the fish's death, not that fish deaths mean anything. It would be more like your neighbor bought a fish tank and did the same thing.

Of course, the cause for much of the violence is part of the drug trade which gives them profits, so Ron Paul would actually fix that.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2010 10:30:47 AM
At 6/25/2010 10:14:16 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

o_O Why would you put those three fish in there? And after that brutal mistake, how do you plan on ensuring the "livelihood" of the other twelve fish? Are you going to set up a mini fortress for them to hide in.

I fail to see how this relates to Ron Paul anyway.
Strikeeagle84015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2010 10:39:02 AM

Obama didn't "trick" anyone. Using your logic, Americans are either stupid or warmongers. Take your pick of the two, because otherwise you make no sense.

I take offense to that can't we be Stupid and Warmongers
: At 8/17/2010 7:17:56 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
: Hey dawg, i herd you like evangelical trolls so we put a bible thumper in yo bible thumper so you can troll while you troll!

Arguing with an atheist about God is very similar to arguing with a blind man about what the Sistine Chapel looks like
Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
The only way I will stop believing in God is if he appeared before me and told me that he did not exist.
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2010 6:14:20 AM

Obama's big lie was the promise of transparent bipartisan government. He promised a leftist agenda, but don't worry because nothing will happen without open discussion and bipartisan support. The reconciliation process will never be ued, he said, because it wouldn't be bipartisan. We have had nothing but backroom deals ramming through a leftist agenda under single-party rule.

Obama is a total incompetent at governing and has filled his Administration with political hacks and ideologues. That could be anticipated, but not the lies.

All leftists, once in power, measure the costs of losing in places like Iraq and Afghanistan, with the knowledge that they will get 100% of the blame. There is still a lot of popular sentiment against terrorism in this country.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2010 6:18:11 AM
At 6/28/2010 6:14:20 AM, RoyLatham wrote:
Obama's big lie was the promise of transparent bipartisan government. He promised a leftist agenda, but don't worry because nothing will happen without open discussion and bipartisan support. The reconciliation process will never be ued, he said, because it wouldn't be bipartisan. We have had nothing but backroom deals ramming through a leftist agenda under single-party rule.

Good job staying on topic, Roy.

All leftists, once in power, measure the costs of losing in places like Iraq and Afghanistan, with the knowledge that they will get 100% of the blame. There is still a lot of popular sentiment against terrorism in this country.

I'm sorry, Roy, but you really aren't making a lick of sense here.

You're ranting against Obama and "lies," yet never addressed my point that Obama never "lied" about his intentions in Iraq and Afghanistan. The other stuff I could care less about in this discussion. Did Obama lie about what he wanted to do in Afghanistan, or not? Don't spurn it off into strawmen.
Veridas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2010 7:21:34 PM
At 6/28/2010 6:14:20 AM, RoyLatham wrote:

Be fair, it's not like Conservative politicians have done anything other than hate on the guy. As much as I'm aware of the stereotype that liberal politicians are hippies and pacifists and conservative politicians are gun nuts and rednecks but do you honestly believe, given what the GOP has given this man to work with, that he would have made the right decision in allowing them any kind of power greater than what they'd have as minority party?

If someone hits you in the face, and then states that they will do so for every four minutes they spend in close proximity to you, do you go to the cinema with them? Do you spend any time around them at all? Of course not, let them be as aggressive as they want, but if you show that their aggression will get them something from you, say for instance, a bipartisan government, it'll only fuel that aggression. Conservatives have spent at least ten years that I'm aware of saying "screw you liberals, we're going to do it our way" and now that the liberals are in power the conservatives are whining that the liberals aren't giving them a word in edgewise?
What fresh dickery is the internet up to today?