Jump to topic:

Has Nancy Pelosi lost her mind?

minervx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 11:07:13 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
She said that unemployment checks are the fastest way to create jobs because they give money for people to spend.

What she doesn't understand, as Milton Friedman said once, "it's not about the money received, but about the goods and services produced".

The problem is that people are receiving money for not producing anything.

There are many people who would rather live on unemployment than make less money by working, and by giving unemployment indiscriminately for long periods of time, that's the slowest way to create jobs.

Pelosi has said a lot of stupid things, but this may very well be stupidest thing she had ever said.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 11:57:53 AM
At 7/2/2010 11:07:13 AM, minervx wrote:
She said that unemployment checks are the fastest way to create jobs because they give money for people to spend.

She is crazy but one can see the philosophy behind what she is saying.

Pelosi has said a lot of stupid things, but this may very well be stupidest thing she had ever said.

I am sure it is not.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 12:30:57 PM
At 7/2/2010 11:57:53 AM, comoncents wrote:
At 7/2/2010 11:07:13 AM, minervx wrote:

She is crazy but one can see the politics behind what she is saying.

I am sure it is not.

Fixed
Strikeeagle84015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 2:02:35 PM
Wait did Pelosi have a mind to begin with?
: At 8/17/2010 7:17:56 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
: Hey dawg, i herd you like evangelical trolls so we put a bible thumper in yo bible thumper so you can troll while you troll!

Arguing with an atheist about God is very similar to arguing with a blind man about what the Sistine Chapel looks like
Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
The only way I will stop believing in God is if he appeared before me and told me that he did not exist.