Total Posts:95|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Prolife is antiwoman.

Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 3:27:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/29/2015 2:31:03 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

P1- YouTube video

C1- prolife is anti woman

Sorry this is a non sequitur
gingerbread-man
Posts: 301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 3:42:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/29/2015 2:31:03 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

Unless you are in India or China, in whice case abortion is anti-woman.
Not my gumdrop buttons!

Debates currently in voting period:

http://www.debate.org...
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,086
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 3:49:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I disagree with that statement. However, if I were forced to choose between misogyny and murder, I would choose misogyny.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
SitaraMusica
Posts: 1,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 7:16:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/29/2015 3:42:54 PM, gingerbread-man wrote:
At 1/29/2015 2:31:03 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

Unless you are in India or China, in whice case abortion is anti-woman.

AGREED.
SitaraMusica
Posts: 1,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 7:20:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/29/2015 3:49:14 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
I disagree with that statement. However, if I were forced to choose between misogyny and murder, I would choose misogyny.

I DOSAGREE WITH YOUR DISAGREEMENT. ABORTION IS NOT MURDER, AND IT IS ANTIWOMAN TO FORCE THE WOMAN TO GIVE BIRTH. IF A WOMAN DOES NOT WANT TO GIVE BIRTH, SHE HAS THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE.
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,086
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 7:27:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/29/2015 7:20:21 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/29/2015 3:49:14 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
I disagree with that statement. However, if I were forced to choose between misogyny and murder, I would choose misogyny.

I DOSAGREE WITH YOUR DISAGREEMENT. ABORTION IS NOT MURDER, AND IT IS ANTIWOMAN TO FORCE THE WOMAN TO GIVE BIRTH. IF A WOMAN DOES NOT WANT TO GIVE BIRTH, SHE HAS THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE.

Why is abortion not murder? They are of the species "homo sapiens", and it's generally considered murder to kill a member of the homo sapiens species.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
gingerbread-man
Posts: 301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 8:35:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/29/2015 7:16:46 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/29/2015 3:42:54 PM, gingerbread-man wrote:
At 1/29/2015 2:31:03 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

Unless you are in India or China, in whice case abortion is anti-woman.

AGREED.

But does it really matter the reason an abortion takes place? in these countries having a girl is mroe financially burdensome, so a woman should have the right to choose irrespective of the rationale.
Not my gumdrop buttons!

Debates currently in voting period:

http://www.debate.org...
gingerbread-man
Posts: 301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 8:38:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/29/2015 7:20:21 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/29/2015 3:49:14 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
I disagree with that statement. However, if I were forced to choose between misogyny and murder, I would choose misogyny.

I DOSAGREE WITH YOUR DISAGREEMENT. ABORTION IS NOT MURDER, AND IT IS ANTIWOMAN TO FORCE THE WOMAN TO GIVE BIRTH. IF A WOMAN DOES NOT WANT TO GIVE BIRTH, SHE HAS THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE.

Even if the unborn child is female? and only because it is a female?
Not my gumdrop buttons!

Debates currently in voting period:

http://www.debate.org...
Lupo
Posts: 90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 5:12:52 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/29/2015 6:29:02 PM, Redspectre wrote:
Prochoice is anti-baby, pro-murder and pro-atheism

I'm atheist and against abortion.
Because I think that no mother has the right to kill her own son.
Atheism is not to believe in God, this has nothing to do in agree with murder.
Varrack
Posts: 2,411
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 9:21:17 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Maybe you should actually make an argument rather than just spouting YouTube videos as your backup.
TRH1312
Posts: 7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 4:12:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/29/2015 7:20:21 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/29/2015 3:49:14 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
I disagree with that statement. However, if I were forced to choose between misogyny and murder, I would choose misogyny.

I DOSAGREE WITH YOUR DISAGREEMENT. ABORTION IS NOT MURDER, AND IT IS ANTIWOMAN TO FORCE THE WOMAN TO GIVE BIRTH. IF A WOMAN DOES NOT WANT TO GIVE BIRTH, SHE HAS THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE.

I have to agree. Pro-choice isn't murder, it's about women's right to choose what happens in their own body. It has nothing to do with religion, it's not even political. What right does anyone have to decide for someone else's body? If a woman doesn't want to carry a child that is entirely her decision and outsiders should have no say in it. At the same time, if a woman decides to keep the child, knowingly choosing 18 years of caring for that child, it IS NONE OF YOUR CONCERN. If you ever have to make that decision yourselves, I can guarantee I won't try to interfere, and wouldn't you rather know that if you do keep the child, it wasn't forced on you, so the bitterness and resentment that may have cause to build dissipates? When all of you pro-life enthusiasts are willing to adopt children, to pay extra taxes for child support, to deal with the possibility of increased depression, self-harm or even suicide in young mothers who had no choice in conception or birth, and when you yourselves, placed in a similar situation go through the lack of choice, you might be justified, but until then, I suggest you keep an open mind when it comes to other peoples' choices.
Redspectre
Posts: 37
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 4:26:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/30/2015 5:12:52 AM, Lupo wrote:
At 1/29/2015 6:29:02 PM, Redspectre wrote:
Prochoice is anti-baby, pro-murder and pro-atheism

I'm atheist and against abortion.
Because I think that no mother has the right to kill her own son.
Atheism is not to believe in God, this has nothing to do in agree with murder.

Atheism is a world view like any other religion. Those against abortion are against it because their religion says so. Similarly, atheism has rules such as moral relativism where they can twist morals for their own needs.
SitaraMusica
Posts: 1,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 5:25:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/30/2015 4:12:02 PM, TRH1312 wrote:
At 1/29/2015 7:20:21 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 1/29/2015 3:49:14 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
I disagree with that statement. However, if I were forced to choose between misogyny and murder, I would choose misogyny.

I DOSAGREE WITH YOUR DISAGREEMENT. ABORTION IS NOT MURDER, AND IT IS ANTIWOMAN TO FORCE THE WOMAN TO GIVE BIRTH. IF A WOMAN DOES NOT WANT TO GIVE BIRTH, SHE HAS THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE.

I have to agree. Pro-choice isn't murder, it's about women's right to choose what happens in their own body. It has nothing to do with religion, it's not even political. What right does anyone have to decide for someone else's body? If a woman doesn't want to carry a child that is entirely her decision and outsiders should have no say in it. At the same time, if a woman decides to keep the child, knowingly choosing 18 years of caring for that child, it IS NONE OF YOUR CONCERN. If you ever have to make that decision yourselves, I can guarantee I won't try to interfere, and wouldn't you rather know that if you do keep the child, it wasn't forced on you, so the bitterness and resentment that may have cause to build dissipates? When all of you pro-life enthusiasts are willing to adopt children, to pay extra taxes for child support, to deal with the possibility of increased depression, self-harm or even suicide in young mothers who had no choice in conception or birth, and when you yourselves, placed in a similar situation go through the lack of choice, you might be justified, but until then, I suggest you keep an open mind when it comes to other peoples' choices.
THANK YOU. I AGREE.
Lupo
Posts: 90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2015 5:48:21 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/30/2015 4:26:37 PM, Redspectre wrote:
At 1/30/2015 5:12:52 AM, Lupo wrote:
At 1/29/2015 6:29:02 PM, Redspectre wrote:
Prochoice is anti-baby, pro-murder and pro-atheism

I'm atheist and against abortion.
Because I think that no mother has the right to kill her own son.
Atheism is not to believe in God, this has nothing to do in agree with murder.

Atheism is a world view like any other religion. Those against abortion are against it because their religion says so. Similarly, atheism has rules such as moral relativism where they can twist morals for their own needs.

You are completely wrong.
First, atheist is someone who does not believe in God, not a doctrine or a set of rules.

Second, people are against abortion because they are trying to kill children, and most religions are against murder.

Third, my moral is based on examples and the idea that to live in society we have to respect each other, including unborn children.
1Percenter
Posts: 782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2015 4:23:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/29/2015 3:42:54 PM, gingerbread-man wrote:
At 1/29/2015 2:31:03 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

Unless you are in India or China, in whice case abortion is anti-woman.

Sadly, it is a global phenomenon. I don't know how anyone can reasonably be considered a supporter of women's rights when they are in favor of permitting literally millions of baby girls to be put to death around the globe.
Juan_Pablo
Posts: 2,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2015 4:33:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Be careful there. According to biologist, humans are omnivores, which means we take away the lives of other organisms to feed ourselves with important life-sustaining nourishment.

Life for those organisms at the top of the food chain is marked by the killing of other living things. There really isn't such a thing as pro-life position, unless you're a plant.
Juan_Pablo
Posts: 2,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2015 4:37:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
What many of you are claiming to be a "pro-life" position is in fact a "pro-my life" position.

I'm as guilty of adhering to this position is everyone else!
Juan_Pablo
Posts: 2,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2015 4:39:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/31/2015 4:37:18 PM, Juan_Pablo wrote:
What many of you are claiming to be a "pro-life" position is in fact a "pro-my life" position.

I'm as guilty of adhering to this position is everyone else!

Correction:

"guilty of adhering to this position is everyone else . . ." = "guilty of adhering to this position as everyone else . . ."
Juan_Pablo
Posts: 2,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2015 4:47:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
However, I do believe it's generally morally right to try to minimize death as much as humanly and realistically possible, which is why I encourage people to practice safe sex and to become more serious about family planning. Let's not let unplanned, unwanted children suffer in this world.

If a pregnant female decides to go through a pregnancy and have a child she never planned or is incapable of raising, with the intention of giving it up for adoption, I support this choice.

If a pregnant female decides to go through with an abortion, I also support this position.

But I encourage both women to practice sex safe to prevent fertilization in the first place, and to find a supportive partner that will encourage them in this behavior. The fact is male contraception is cheaper than female contraception, so the male has to take responsibility here.
Jopophoto
Posts: 1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 9:46:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago

I DOSAGREE WITH YOUR DISAGREEMENT. ABORTION IS NOT MURDER, AND IT IS ANTIWOMAN TO FORCE THE WOMAN TO GIVE BIRTH. IF A WOMAN DOES NOT WANT TO GIVE BIRTH, SHE HAS THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE.

No, no, no. A woman has the right to CHOOSE to get pregnant or not! That is the CHOICE she is GIVEN. She just doesn't magically get pregnant or something! SHE CHOOSES, AND IF SHE DOESN'T WANT A BABY, THEN SHE SHOULDN'T GET PREGNANT WITH HER HUSBAND
TRH1312
Posts: 7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 4:53:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/4/2015 9:46:42 AM, Jopophoto wrote:

I DOSAGREE WITH YOUR DISAGREEMENT. ABORTION IS NOT MURDER, AND IT IS ANTIWOMAN TO FORCE THE WOMAN TO GIVE BIRTH. IF A WOMAN DOES NOT WANT TO GIVE BIRTH, SHE HAS THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE.

No, no, no. A woman has the right to CHOOSE to get pregnant or not! That is the CHOICE she is GIVEN. She just doesn't magically get pregnant or something! SHE CHOOSES, AND IF SHE DOESN'T WANT A BABY, THEN SHE SHOULDN'T GET PREGNANT WITH HER HUSBAND

Who said anything about a husband? It doesn't matter if they're married or not, no woman should have to carry a child if she doesn't want to.
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,240
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2015 3:01:32 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/4/2015 9:46:42 AM, Jopophoto wrote:

I DOSAGREE WITH YOUR DISAGREEMENT. ABORTION IS NOT MURDER, AND IT IS ANTIWOMAN TO FORCE THE WOMAN TO GIVE BIRTH. IF A WOMAN DOES NOT WANT TO GIVE BIRTH, SHE HAS THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE.

No, no, no. A woman has the right to CHOOSE to get pregnant or not! That is the CHOICE she is GIVEN. She just doesn't magically get pregnant or something! SHE CHOOSES, AND IF SHE DOESN'T WANT A BABY, THEN SHE SHOULDN'T GET PREGNANT WITH HER HUSBAND

This is only true if you see 'sex' and 'getting pregnant' as the exact same thing.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Philocat
Posts: 728
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2015 3:26:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/5/2015 3:01:32 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 2/4/2015 9:46:42 AM, Jopophoto wrote:

I DOSAGREE WITH YOUR DISAGREEMENT. ABORTION IS NOT MURDER, AND IT IS ANTIWOMAN TO FORCE THE WOMAN TO GIVE BIRTH. IF A WOMAN DOES NOT WANT TO GIVE BIRTH, SHE HAS THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE.

No, no, no. A woman has the right to CHOOSE to get pregnant or not! That is the CHOICE she is GIVEN. She just doesn't magically get pregnant or something! SHE CHOOSES, AND IF SHE DOESN'T WANT A BABY, THEN SHE SHOULDN'T GET PREGNANT WITH HER HUSBAND


This is only true if you see 'sex' and 'getting pregnant' as the exact same thing.

Sex is intrinsically ordered towards procreation, and so consenting to sex is a tacit consent to possibly procreate.

For example, if I decide to go on a bike ride to the next town, this act is intrinsically ordered towards reaching that town. I may not want to reach the town because I am only cycling there to get fit, but by choosing to go on a bike ride to the next town I am tacitly consenting to the possibility of reaching it.
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,240
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2015 4:00:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/5/2015 3:26:07 AM, Philocat wrote:
At 2/5/2015 3:01:32 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 2/4/2015 9:46:42 AM, Jopophoto wrote:

I DOSAGREE WITH YOUR DISAGREEMENT. ABORTION IS NOT MURDER, AND IT IS ANTIWOMAN TO FORCE THE WOMAN TO GIVE BIRTH. IF A WOMAN DOES NOT WANT TO GIVE BIRTH, SHE HAS THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE.

No, no, no. A woman has the right to CHOOSE to get pregnant or not! That is the CHOICE she is GIVEN. She just doesn't magically get pregnant or something! SHE CHOOSES, AND IF SHE DOESN'T WANT A BABY, THEN SHE SHOULDN'T GET PREGNANT WITH HER HUSBAND


This is only true if you see 'sex' and 'getting pregnant' as the exact same thing.

Sex is intrinsically ordered towards procreation, and so consenting to sex is a tacit consent to possibly procreate.

'tacit' consent? 'Possibly' procreate?

Are sex and getting pregnant the same thing?

For example, if I decide to go on a bike ride to the next town, this act is intrinsically ordered towards reaching that town. I may not want to reach the town because I am only cycling there to get fit, but by choosing to go on a bike ride to the next town I am tacitly consenting to the possibility of reaching it.

You have it backwards, though. You want to get fit, so you ride a bike. You want to get pregnant, so you have sex. The reverse is not always true, and as such, not consented to.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Lupo
Posts: 90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2015 6:35:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/5/2015 4:00:44 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 2/5/2015 3:26:07 AM, Philocat wrote:
At 2/5/2015 3:01:32 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 2/4/2015 9:46:42 AM, Jopophoto wrote:

I DOSAGREE WITH YOUR DISAGREEMENT. ABORTION IS NOT MURDER, AND IT IS ANTIWOMAN TO FORCE THE WOMAN TO GIVE BIRTH. IF A WOMAN DOES NOT WANT TO GIVE BIRTH, SHE HAS THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE.

No, no, no. A woman has the right to CHOOSE to get pregnant or not! That is the CHOICE she is GIVEN. She just doesn't magically get pregnant or something! SHE CHOOSES, AND IF SHE DOESN'T WANT A BABY, THEN SHE SHOULDN'T GET PREGNANT WITH HER HUSBAND


This is only true if you see 'sex' and 'getting pregnant' as the exact same thing.

Sex is intrinsically ordered towards procreation, and so consenting to sex is a tacit consent to possibly procreate.

'tacit' consent? 'Possibly' procreate?

Are sex and getting pregnant the same thing?

For example, if I decide to go on a bike ride to the next town, this act is intrinsically ordered towards reaching that town. I may not want to reach the town because I am only cycling there to get fit, but by choosing to go on a bike ride to the next town I am tacitly consenting to the possibility of reaching it.

You have it backwards, though. You want to get fit, so you ride a bike. You want to get pregnant, so you have sex. The reverse is not always true, and as such, not consented to.

You can choose play baseball or not.
But if you broke a window, you can't choose be responsible or not, you assume the risk and the consequences.
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,240
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2015 7:30:22 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/5/2015 6:35:33 AM, Lupo wrote:
At 2/5/2015 4:00:44 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 2/5/2015 3:26:07 AM, Philocat wrote:
At 2/5/2015 3:01:32 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 2/4/2015 9:46:42 AM, Jopophoto wrote:

I DOSAGREE WITH YOUR DISAGREEMENT. ABORTION IS NOT MURDER, AND IT IS ANTIWOMAN TO FORCE THE WOMAN TO GIVE BIRTH. IF A WOMAN DOES NOT WANT TO GIVE BIRTH, SHE HAS THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE.

No, no, no. A woman has the right to CHOOSE to get pregnant or not! That is the CHOICE she is GIVEN. She just doesn't magically get pregnant or something! SHE CHOOSES, AND IF SHE DOESN'T WANT A BABY, THEN SHE SHOULDN'T GET PREGNANT WITH HER HUSBAND


This is only true if you see 'sex' and 'getting pregnant' as the exact same thing.

Sex is intrinsically ordered towards procreation, and so consenting to sex is a tacit consent to possibly procreate.

'tacit' consent? 'Possibly' procreate?

Are sex and getting pregnant the same thing?

For example, if I decide to go on a bike ride to the next town, this act is intrinsically ordered towards reaching that town. I may not want to reach the town because I am only cycling there to get fit, but by choosing to go on a bike ride to the next town I am tacitly consenting to the possibility of reaching it.

You have it backwards, though. You want to get fit, so you ride a bike. You want to get pregnant, so you have sex. The reverse is not always true, and as such, not consented to.

You can choose play baseball or not.
But if you broke a window, you can't choose be responsible or not, you assume the risk and the consequences.

If you are stating the risk in sex is pregnancy, fine. But its not your pregnancy, so in turn stating some one ELSE needs to assume responsibility to a problem that is not yours, leaves you no room in which to make demands of some one else. Stating that an abortion is off the table is such an unreasonable demand. It wasn't your risk, it wasn't your pregnancy, its not your body, ergo its not your call.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...