The Queen is coming

innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2010 2:33:45 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
http://www.google.com...

I'm not really sure this is so necessary, as she is getting up there in age, and it must be a lot for her to be doing. To be honest i am unsure of what the current role is that the royals play in Britain. Perhaps the Brits can answer better, but i'm guessing more of an unofficial, unmerited, ambassador of sorts? Don't get me wrong, i think it's nice in its own sort of way; kind of quaint, but beyond that is there any great purpose?
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2010 2:38:48 PM
At 7/5/2010 2:33:45 PM, innomen wrote:

I'm not really sure this is so necessary, as she is getting up there in age, and it must be a lot for her to be doing. To be honest i am unsure of what the current role is that the royals play in Britain. Perhaps the Brits can answer better, but i'm guessing more of an unofficial, unmerited, ambassador of sorts? Don't get me wrong, i think it's nice in its own sort of way; kind of quaint, but beyond that is there any great purpose?

She is the Head of State.

The matter of what her specific actual role or power is, well that is a seperate matter. All our diplomats bear papers from her, well from her Government at least.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2010 2:41:00 PM
At 7/5/2010 2:38:48 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

The matter of what her specific actual role or power is, well that is a seperate matter. All our diplomats bear papers from her, well from her Government at least.

More than i had realized. I assumed it was more figurative than actual.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2010 2:44:52 PM
At 7/5/2010 2:41:00 PM, innomen wrote:

The status of her actual power is nebulous and negligible, but she is still head of state, equivalent to a President. Obviously far superior to a President as that is a filthy republican thing for lesser nations.

If a dispute kicked off between the Crown and Parliament I'd side with the Crown.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Strikeeagle84015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2010 2:47:04 PM
At 7/5/2010 2:44:52 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

If a dispute kicked off between the Crown and Parliament I'd side with the Crown.

Didn't that happen several times and parliament won almost all of them
: At 8/17/2010 7:17:56 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
: Hey dawg, i herd you like evangelical trolls so we put a bible thumper in yo bible thumper so you can troll while you troll!

Arguing with an atheist about God is very similar to arguing with a blind man about what the Sistine Chapel looks like
Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
The only way I will stop believing in God is if he appeared before me and told me that he did not exist.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2010 2:50:12 PM

The status of her actual power is nebulous and negligible, but she is still head of state, equivalent to a President. Obviously far superior to a President as that is a filthy republican thing for lesser nations.

: If a dispute kicked off between the Crown and Parliament I'd side with the Crown.

Wow, would you not be in a tiny minority?
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2010 2:55:06 PM
At 7/5/2010 2:47:04 PM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:

Parliament did win the civil war but the Crown stlll won out in the end.
Strikeeagle84015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2010 2:56:06 PM
At 7/5/2010 2:55:06 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 7/5/2010 2:47:04 PM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:

Parliament did win the civil war but the Crown stlll won out in the end.

How, the queen has no official power and parliament and the prime minister have all of it? and didn't Parliament win several civil wars
: At 8/17/2010 7:17:56 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
: Hey dawg, i herd you like evangelical trolls so we put a bible thumper in yo bible thumper so you can troll while you troll!

Arguing with an atheist about God is very similar to arguing with a blind man about what the Sistine Chapel looks like
Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
The only way I will stop believing in God is if he appeared before me and told me that he did not exist.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2010 2:56:23 PM
At 7/5/2010 2:50:12 PM, innomen wrote:

: If a dispute kicked off between the Crown and Parliament I'd side with the Crown.

Wow, would you not be in a tiny minority?

I am pretty certain that the military and the majority of the public would be on the Royalist side.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2010 2:21:55 AM
The Queen is head of state of 16 UN members, to say nothing of the Commonwealth of 52 countries of which she is head, countries which, incidentally, between them represent nearly one third of the world's population.

Nevertheless, her speech won't be political.

This is will be only the second time she has addressed the UN - the last time being in 1957. It is therefore, likely to be the last.

My feeling about the monarchy is that it currently enjoys popular support but when Prince Charles becomes King and moves into Buck Pal with that horse-faced old boot, Camilla, this support will dissipate.

I forecast that some countries such as Australia will then move away from the Commonwealth and declare themselves republics.

Maybe Britain itself will follow their example. I hope so.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2010 5:49:59 AM
If we loose our monarchy we loose the final possible chance to contain the corrupt power of Parliament, in addition it will make annextion by Europe far easier.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2010 7:28:49 AM
At 7/6/2010 5:49:59 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
If we loose our monarchy we loose the final possible chance to contain the corrupt power of Parliament, in addition it will make annextion by Europe far easier.

What????????????
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2010 7:33:17 AM
I'd say the Canadians should ask her if Canada remains her personal/familial "possession"

and if she answers yes then you send her packing with many swift kicks in the bottom.

(That's an assertion that merits a response of "OFF WITH HER HEAD" so the boot would be lenient)
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2010 7:38:05 AM
At 7/6/2010 7:28:49 AM, innomen wrote:

What????????????

What?
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2010 7:39:09 AM
At 7/6/2010 7:33:17 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
I'd say the Canadians should ask her if Canada remains her personal/familial "possession"

and if she answers yes then you send her packing with many swift kicks in the bottom.

(That's an assertion that merits a response of "OFF WITH HER HEAD" so the boot would be lenient)

Canada is neither her personal nor familial possession. She is its head of state.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2010 7:50:33 AM
At 7/6/2010 7:38:05 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

What????????????

What?

So the annexation of Europe is a desire for what reason exactly? I'm really trying to figure your position here...pro queen, anti-parliament (I guess i can understand that, just out of disgust with parliament more than love of royalty?), but Europe, what benefits to the UK in annexing Europe? Full inclusion in the EU is what i am assuming you mean.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2010 7:51:30 AM
At 7/6/2010 7:39:09 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Canada is neither her personal nor familial possession. She is its head of state.

The Special Case of Real Property: In English law, Land ownership not only has the feature of
"layers" referred to above, but also has the added characteristic that in theory the ultimate
owner is the Crown (that is, the King or Queen, or the "State").
What is now "Theory", however, was originally "Fact"....

http://www.aucc.ca...
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2010 7:53:15 AM
At 7/6/2010 7:51:30 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:

The Special Case of Real Property: In English law,

The article's about Canada.... The case is about Canada...

They're citing "English Law" because that's what the Common Law is based off of.

Land ownership not only has the feature of
"layers" referred to above, but also has the added characteristic that in theory the ultimate

Metaphysics:
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2010 8:04:03 AM
At 7/6/2010 7:50:33 AM, innomen wrote:

What????????????

What?

So the annexation of Europe is a desire for what reason exactly? I'm really trying to figure your position here...pro queen, anti-parliament (I guess i can understand that, just out of disgust with parliament more than love of royalty?), but Europe, what benefits to the UK in annexing Europe? Full inclusion in the EU is what i am assuming you mean.

Annextion by Europe.
The goal of the European movement is a single state.

But yes as a democrat I am now rather understandably if ironically a Royalist.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2010 8:15:59 AM
At 7/6/2010 8:04:03 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

What????????????

What?

Annexation by Europe.

So, you are in favor of a royalist government, and a single European state. Fan of Napoleon are you? I guess he was an emperor, not a king.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2010 8:20:32 AM
At 7/6/2010 8:15:59 AM, innomen wrote:

What????????????

What?

Annexation by Europe.

So, you are in favor of a royalist government, and a single European state. Fan of Napoleon are you? I guess he was an emperor, not a king.

No no no.... I am in favour of a Constitutional Monarchy, and opposed to a single state.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2010 8:24:07 AM

The Special Case of Real Property: In English law, Land ownership not only has the feature of

**The shot scores a good hit leaving CN unconscious and bleeding on the ground....

It doesn't look like he's getting back in the fight...

Metaphysics:
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2010 8:27:31 AM
At 7/6/2010 8:24:07 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:

**The shot scores a good hit leaving CN unconscious and bleeding on the ground....

I did not even realise I was in one.

The Crown is not synonymous with the State. Sovereignty is not synonymous with control.

The Queen does not 'own' Canada. She may have a primi facie case to express some sort of control over it, it is very unlikely she would, and the question would be resolved by violence or the lack thereof.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2010 8:29:33 AM
At 7/6/2010 8:27:31 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

The Crown is not synonymous with the State. Sovereignty is not synonymous with control.

The crown = the queen
ownership = ownership

The Queen does not 'own' Canada.

The article says she does...

and my quote of it carries that message.

Metaphysics:
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2010 8:31:45 AM
At 7/6/2010 8:20:32 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 7/6/2010 8:15:59 AM, innomen wrote:

What????????????

What?

Annexation by Europe.

No no no.... I am in favour of a Constitutional Monarchy, and opposed to a single state.

Apologies, i am misreading (trying to work and be on the forum at the same time).
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2010 8:31:54 AM
At 7/6/2010 8:29:33 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 7/6/2010 8:27:31 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

The crown = the queen
ownership = ownership

How is that a rebuttal?

The Queen does not 'own' Canada.

The article says she does...

and my quote of it carries that message.

Your article is wrong.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2010 8:43:34 AM
At 7/6/2010 8:31:54 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote::
The crown = the queen
ownership = ownership

You were bringing in all sorts of unnecessary stuff like "the state" and "sovereignty"... and saying what =/= what...

I was simply clarifying what was important.... The Crown (the queen) is (supposedly) the Ultimate owner of the land in Canada.

Ownership means it's her possession.

You said it's not one of her possessions however being that she's supposed to be the Ultimate owner... it is.

Metaphysics:
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2010 8:46:02 AM
At 7/6/2010 8:43:34 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 7/6/2010 8:31:54 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote::
The crown = the queen
ownership = ownership

You were bringing in all sorts of unnecessary stuff like "the state" and "sovereignty"... and saying what =/= what...

I was simply clarifying what was important.... The Crown (the queen) is (supposedly) the Ultimate owner of the land in Canada.

Ownership means it's her possession.

You said it's not one of her possessions however being that she's supposed to be the Ultimate owner... it is.

Your supposition is false. She does not own it, she is the head of state over it.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2010 8:51:55 AM
At 7/6/2010 8:46:02 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Your supposition is false. She does not own it, she is the head of state over it.

Crown landis the term used to describe land owned by the federal or provincial governments. Authority for control of these public lands rests with the Crown, hence their name.
http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.com...

Metaphysics:
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2010 9:05:07 AM
At 7/6/2010 8:51:55 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 7/6/2010 8:46:02 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Crown landis the term used to describe land owned by the federal or provincial governments. Authority for control of these public lands rests with the Crown, hence their name.
http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.com...

Let me know when she sells Canada to the US or uses it as collatoral for when she takes out a loan.