Jump to topic:

I am takinf a g a break from the abortion deb

SitaraMusica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2015 6:59:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I have been checking out both sides of the issue, and I am unsure of where I stand. I need to take a break and figure out where I stand. I feel it is important to be able to grow and change with new evidence. The thing that started this was watching prolife videos. I like to hear differing viewpoints.
Varrack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2015 7:09:22 PM
At 2/11/2015 6:59:56 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
I have been checking out both sides of the issue, and I am unsure of where I stand. I need to take a break and figure out where I stand. I feel it is important to be able to grow and change with new evidence. The thing that started this was watching prolife videos. I like to hear differing viewpoints.

Then just read some abortion debates, or go look at other people's stances.
SitaraMusica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2015 7:15:20 PM
At 2/11/2015 7:09:22 PM, Varrack wrote:

Thank you. You are smart and you have made many good points. I will follow your adivice. Pleaser forgive me for being rude.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2015 8:16:42 PM
At 2/11/2015 7:15:20 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:

Thank you. You are smart and you have made many good points. I will follow your adivice. Pleaser forgive me for being rude.

But consider this before you decide on a position. If you choose a pro life position you will be labeled a hater and anti woman.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
SitaraMusica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2015 9:03:13 PM
At 2/11/2015 8:16:42 PM, sadolite wrote:

But consider this before you decide on a position. If you choose a pro life position you will be labeled a hater and anti woman.
Fair enough. Thank you for warning me.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2015 9:06:22 PM

There will be people who criticize you no matter which stance you take.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Lupo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2015 4:30:52 AM

No matter how they will label you, whether everyone agrees or no one agrees, as you are sure you are doing the right thing.
Do not be someone who does something even knowing it is wrong, make sure you support the right thing for the right reasons.
SitaraMusica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2015 2:09:49 PM
At 2/11/2015 9:06:22 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Agreed. What do I do bwhen people get mad?
Varrack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2015 2:22:05 PM
At 2/12/2015 2:09:49 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:

Then just ignore them. It doesn't matter what they think.
SitaraMusica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2015 2:30:02 PM
At 2/12/2015 2:22:05 PM, Varrack wrote:

Thank you. I will. You sound smart.
Varrack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2015 2:31:58 PM
At 2/12/2015 2:30:02 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:

Why thanks :)
Varrack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2015 2:33:18 PM
At 2/12/2015 2:30:02 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:

You don't have to pick a side if you don't want to. Being undecided about a topic is fine too.
Dilara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2015 3:54:33 PM
If your interested in more pro life stuff

If you have time Watch the 2 and a half hour documentary maafa 21. It's about how 50% of black pregnancies end in abortion and keeping down their population is a driving factor in the abortion industry. Planned parenthood begun as a eugenics group and supported force sterilization. Margaret Sanger who founded planned parenthood wrote on page 366 and 367 of her biography about her speeach at a kkk rally in New Jersey. Lothrop store are their first present had a personal meeting with hitler.
Also watch silent scream. It 28 minutes and narrated by Bernard nathanson a former abortion doctor. He turned pro life after watching an ultra sound. And check out the blog secular pro life. Atheist, Muslims, agnostics, secular Christians and people from other religions are a part of his group.
Read about Abby Johnson's story. She was a director of a planned parent hood clinic in at as and had 2 abortions. She than was assisting an ultra sound guided abortion and saw the abortion trough the ultra sound. She is now a pro life activist.
I used to be pro choice until I learned more about what abortion did to a baby and read abortion stories. The story that stuck out to me most was rebecca keeslings. Her mom wanted to abort her but because she was conceived before roe v wade her mom was forced to keep her and give her up for adoption.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 3:01:49 AM

SInce you posted on DDO allow me to give you links to some abortion debates I have in my favorites. I would put anyone who isn't on an advanced level so too speak whether pro life or pro choice by reading these debates will get something out of it..........

Abortion Is Prima Facie Morally Wrong | Freeman vs Joshbrahm

http://www.debate.org...

A Fetus is Not Morally Equivalent to a Mature Human | Roy Latham vs Contradiction

"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Dragonfang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 3:41:22 AM
My two cents:

It is arbitrarily decided that some humans are killable, property, and subhuman based on convenience. AND THEN decided that those killable humans are killable at will. These are the two premises, in which convenience > human value.

This isn't different than slavery and eugenics. The convenience in this case is the developmental stage every human goes through that requires care. I see no reason to not include toddlers, old people, and people with disabilities as killable at will for convenience as well.

To deny that every human you know went through the prenatal stages of human life, including cell division and all embryo stages is nothing but dishonest.

It is quite amusing that motherhood is reduced to: "Should I kill you, or keep you? How much trouble would you be? Will you disrupt my life style? How much would it cost to just kill you?".
SitaraMusica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 1:00:29 PM
At 2/14/2015 3:01:49 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

SInce you posted on DDO allow me to give you links to some abortion debates I have in my favorites. I would put anyone who isn't on an advanced level so too speak whether pro life or pro choice by reading these debates will get something out of it..........

Abortion Is Prima Facie Morally Wrong | Freeman vs Joshbrahm

A Fetus is Not Morally Equivalent to a Mature Human | Roy Latham vs Contradiction

Thank you.