Jump to topic:

Illegal immigrants

cjl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2010 2:48:22 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Do we get rid of them, if theydo not follow precedure? Do we just allow them in without proper paperwork?

I am unsure. What do some of you guys think?
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2010 3:20:45 PM
At 7/8/2010 2:48:22 PM, cjl wrote:
Do we get rid of them, if theydo not follow precedure? Do we just allow them in without proper paperwork?

How much do you hail the all importance of Red Tape? personally I do not care how they become Americans, as long as the end goal is achieved.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2010 3:32:01 PM
Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,

With conquering limbs astride from land to land;

Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand

A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame

Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name

Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand

Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command

The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she

With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2010 3:35:52 PM
At 7/8/2010 3:32:01 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Pro-immigration poem.

Let's just say America opens the floodgates. Initially, Mexicans will flock there, along with multiple other nationalities. This surplus of immigrants will means lower workers wages, which puts Americans out of jobs. Immigrants which aren't employed are likely to cause violence, and general trouble.

There are no benefits for open border immigration other than taking the moral high ground.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2010 3:39:44 PM
At 7/8/2010 3:35:52 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Pro-immigration poem.

Let's just say America opens the floodgates. Initially, Mexicans will flock there, along with multiple other nationalities. This surplus of immigrants will means lower workers wages, which puts Americans out of jobs. Immigrants which aren't employed are likely to cause violence, and general trouble.

There are no benefits for open border immigration other than taking the moral high ground.

We aren't better than the Mexicans. They deserve to be here just as much as we do.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2010 3:42:22 PM
At 7/8/2010 3:39:44 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Pro-immigration poem.

We aren't better than the Mexicans. They deserve to be here just as much as we do.

Moral high ground. Theoretically, fantastic. Practically, a disaster.

Countries exist because of cultural differences. and certain humans are more valuable than others.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2010 3:44:08 PM
At 7/8/2010 3:42:22 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Pro-immigration poem.

Moral high ground. Theoretically, fantastic. Practically, a disaster.

Countries exist because of cultural differences. and certain humans are more valuable than others.

So we can only have a successful society when we make other people's live miserable.

Makes perfect sense.

By the way, that wasn't just any pro-immigration poem.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2010 3:48:27 PM
Pro-immigration poem.

Xenophobia. Why should I value the lives of group of people I don't know, but who live within an arbirtrary geographic boundary over the lives of other people I also don't know who live outside said boundary?

Besides, if there are less jobs available, people will be less likely to immigrate here.
cjl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2010 4:48:50 PM
At 7/8/2010 3:48:27 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
Pro-immigration poem.

Xenophobia. Why should I value the lives of group of people I don't know, but who live within an arbirtrary geographic boundary over the lives of other people I also don't know who live outside said boundary?

Besides, if there are less jobs available, people will be less likely to immigrate here.

But do we allow them if we do have papers? What if they are felons in Mexico?
cjl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2010 5:07:39 PM
At 7/8/2010 5:06:49 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
If they're known criminals in their country of origin then they shouldn't be allowed to stay.

Exactly. But what if we do not know that?
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2010 5:12:19 PM
At 7/8/2010 5:07:39 PM, cjl wrote:
If they're known criminals in their country of origin then they shouldn't be allowed to stay.

They would probably have a criminal record on file back in their country of origin.
MikeLoviN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2010 5:12:46 PM
If they have jobs and are contributing to the economy and society in general then encourage them to get citizenship. If they are on welfare or otherwise a burden on society or are taking advantage of benefits meant for citizens, then deport them. Seems pretty simple to me.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2010 5:19:50 PM
In Australia, we have a reputation as being racist. In a mutli-cultural country like ours, it is easy to start classifying people by the color of their skin or the religion they follow...
Melbourne, where I live has recently seen a number of "race attacks" against Indians. I personally live in a lower class suburb which is FULL of immigrants, ie. Dandenong.
Both our Prime Minister and the Opposition leader have both come our right before the election and proposed harsh penaltys for 'boat people'... Asylum Seekers.
In magic, we call this misdirection.
Immigrants and Asylum Seekers are a huge minority of the incoming internation presence here.
We have twenty times as many students being granted visas than immigrats.

If the commercial media is making a big deal out of something, its probably just to distract you from some other political issue which suits their agenda.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2010 5:22:28 PM
At 7/8/2010 5:19:50 PM, tvellalott wrote:
In Australia, we have a reputation as being racist. In a mutli-cultural country like ours, it is easy to start classifying people by the color of their skin or the religion they follow...
Melbourne, where I live has recently seen a number of "race attacks" against Indians. I personally live in a lower class suburb which is FULL of immigrants, ie. Dandenong.
Both our Prime Minister and the Opposition leader have both come our right before the election and proposed harsh penaltys for 'boat people'... Asylum Seekers.
In magic, we call this misdirection.
Immigrants and Asylum Seekers are a huge minority of the incoming internation presence here.
We have twenty times as many students being granted visas than immigrats.

If the commercial media is making a big deal out of something, its probably just to distract you from some other political issue which suits their agenda.

That seems to be common in Europe too like with all the Anti-Islamic laws and such being passed. Racism pretty much exists anywhere you go though.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2010 5:26:15 PM

It depends on the crime. If it's a crime in Mexico but not in the United States than they shouldn't be held accountable for it if they're living here.
If we don't know if they have committed any crimes than "innocent until proven guilty" should apply.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2010 6:54:56 PM
Do we get rid of them, if theydo not follow precedure?

Yes!

Do we just allow them in without proper paperwork?

No!

There you go!
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2010 6:55:44 PM
At 7/8/2010 3:20:45 PM, Marauder wrote:

How much do you hail the all importance of Red Tape? personally I do not care how they become Americans, as long as the end goal is achieved.

So, kick them out and let them apply.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2010 6:57:45 PM
Pro-immigration poem.

Liberals would tell you that it is a good way to allow a new influx of tax payers.

I agree with you, but I would be remorse not to include the oppositions argument.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2010 6:58:29 PM
Pro-immigration poem.

Your crazy.

How?

Do I deserve to be there just as much as they do?
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2010 7:02:09 PM

They should not be allowed to stay any way.

If it is illegal they are already criminals.

Kick them out!
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2010 7:02:54 PM
At 7/8/2010 5:12:19 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

They would probably have a criminal record on file back in their country of origin.

They may not.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2010 7:03:20 PM
At 7/8/2010 7:02:09 PM, comoncents wrote:

Kick them out!

What if they're being persecuted in their home country?
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2010 7:04:21 PM
At 7/8/2010 5:12:46 PM, MikeLoviN wrote:
If they have jobs and are contributing to the economy and society in general then encourage them to get citizenship. If they are on welfare or otherwise a burden on society or are taking advantage of benefits meant for citizens, then deport them. Seems pretty simple to me.

And in comes the liberal left to make no sense at all!

Thank you again lefty mike.
You have made a great habit of weak logical arguments.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2010 7:05:01 PM
At 7/8/2010 7:03:20 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Kick them out!

Than they could apply legally.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2010 7:06:13 PM
At 7/8/2010 7:05:01 PM, comoncents wrote:

Kick them out!

And if they're turned down? It wouldn't be ethical to just force them to stay in their home country where they'll be subject to persecution.
MikeLoviN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2010 7:08:06 PM
At 7/8/2010 7:04:21 PM, comoncents wrote:
At 7/8/2010 5:12:46 PM, MikeLoviN wrote:

And in comes the liberal left to make no sense at all!

Thank you again lefty mike.
You have made a great habit of weak logical arguments.

You're welcome.

Of course I feel obliged to point out that you wouldn't recognize logic if it hit you in the face.

Have a nice day Uncle Sam.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2010 7:08:54 PM
At 7/8/2010 7:06:13 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 7/8/2010 7:05:01 PM, comoncents wrote:

Kick them out!

And if they're turned down? It wouldn't be ethical to just force them to stay in their home country where they'll be subject to persecution.

I know a lot of people that did it the right way.
None were turned down when facing adversity.

You grasping for straws.

It does not make good sense. Put your Mother Teresa heart aside and allow your self to think it out.