Jump to topic:

Kiddnapping Central

Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2010 3:27:36 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I recently heard that AZ has the highest Kidnapping rates in all of America.

That's like, a big deal; and a big problem.

doesn't the magnitude of that problem justify measures as drastic as the new immigration law?

If your not going to use measures so extream some question if there ethical on the illegal immigration problem, where are you going to crack down on to lower the kidnapping rate?

frequent kidnapping is not an issue you should just wait on before acting to fix, something must be done.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2010 3:29:30 PM
How does it justify the bill?

All this means is that we need to crack down more on kid-napping, not being Mexican.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2010 3:43:28 PM
There's a high kidnapping rate, Ergo, let's put in tougher immigration laws.

Does not follow.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2010 3:45:54 PM
He's probably assuming that illegal immigrants have done a portion of the kidnapping, and therefore, detaining people who have already broken a law and lack identification papers makes sense.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2010 3:46:13 PM
To my understanding, the reason behind how so many kidnappers get away in Arizona is their current success at crossing the border at whim in that state. The Kidd-nap kids, and take them to Mexico.

though the two problems do not cause each other, they do obviously intensify the magnitude of the other problem.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.