Jump to topic:

Driver's Right to Choose

Skynet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 12:37:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Drivers have an inalienable right to kick passengers out of the car at any time. If I let a passenger into my car, I have a right to terminate the ride anytime I want. I shouldn't have to stop in consideration of the passenger. That is inconvenient and violates my rights as a licensed driver. It's also an undue financial burden to haul them around. That's why, in protest to the oppressive system, I installed ejection seats in all the passenger seats of my car. If I'm going 75, and I want my passenger out; BAM! out the roof. Now some of you may complain that it's not moral to do that, and very harmful to the passenger. Well I'll tell you this right now: Stop thinking of the passenger. It's my car, and my rights. Carrying all that extra weight kills my gas mileage, and what if the person had a gun? Or the flu? What about the safety of the driver: Me? Enough about me. Passengers are one of the leading accident causing distractions for young drivers. The only way to protect a driver's life is to empower them to terminate their passengers. What about the embarrassment and life-long emotional scars teenagers would have to endure if their friends found out their mom was in their car? A teenager should have to right to eject any passenger anytime they want to avoid embarrassment. Would you really tell them they can't throw their nosy Grandmother out of the car when she starts going through the glove compartment? Imagine the stigma the teenager would have the rest of her life if Grandma found the cigarettes in the ashtray. It would ruin her life! Anyway, I hope there are some other compassionate people out there who will stand up for a Driver's Right to Choose.

https://www.youtube.com...
One perk to being a dad is you get to watch cartoons again without explaining yourself.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 2:44:41 AM
At 2/14/2015 12:37:07 AM, Skynet wrote:
Drivers have an inalienable right to kick passengers out of the car at any time. If I let a passenger into my car, I have a right to terminate the ride anytime I want. I shouldn't have to stop in consideration of the passenger. That is inconvenient and violates my rights as a licensed driver. It's also an undue financial burden to haul them around. That's why, in protest to the oppressive system, I installed ejection seats in all the passenger seats of my car. If I'm going 75, and I want my passenger out; BAM! out the roof. Now some of you may complain that it's not moral to do that, and very harmful to the passenger. Well I'll tell you this right now: Stop thinking of the passenger. It's my car, and my rights. Carrying all that extra weight kills my gas mileage, and what if the person had a gun? Or the flu? What about the safety of the driver: Me? Enough about me. Passengers are one of the leading accident causing distractions for young drivers. The only way to protect a driver's life is to empower them to terminate their passengers. What about the embarrassment and life-long emotional scars teenagers would have to endure if their friends found out their mom was in their car? A teenager should have to right to eject any passenger anytime they want to avoid embarrassment. Would you really tell them they can't throw their nosy Grandmother out of the car when she starts going through the glove compartment? Imagine the stigma the teenager would have the rest of her life if Grandma found the cigarettes in the ashtray. It would ruin her life! Anyway, I hope there are some other compassionate people out there who will stand up for a Driver's Right to Choose.

HAHAHAHHAHAHA I got a good laugh.

But I think as an analogy this fails big time. I guess your taking aim at the bodily rights arguments for the pro choice position. So in your analogy the car represents the womans body.

But a car well no one sees that the same way they see their own body. Property vs own body.

Still funny but............
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Skynet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2015 8:56:33 PM
At 2/14/2015 2:44:41 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

But I think as an analogy this fails big time. I guess your taking aim at the bodily rights arguments for the pro choice position. So in your analogy the car represents the womans body.

But a car well no one sees that the same way they see their own body. Property vs own body.

Does the woman's body take priority over her child's life? Even if you want to kick the person out of the car, you should stop and wait for a natural, safe exit, and not drop them off where they can't get help.
One perk to being a dad is you get to watch cartoons again without explaining yourself.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2015 10:37:47 PM
At 2/15/2015 8:56:33 PM, Skynet wrote:

Does the woman's body take priority over her child's life? Even if you want to kick the person out of the car, you should stop and wait for a natural, safe exit, and not drop them off where they can't get help.

Does the freedom of the woman or anyone for that matter take priority over a group of cells that have no current capacity for self awareness, pain, intelligence ? yes, yes it does.

Even if I give you abortion should be banned beyond a certain point, it doesn't get you to abortion should be banned from the moment of conception.

If I have said it once I will say it a thousand times to give moral equivalence to a group of cells eg a 3 day human embryo to say a 5 year old child is horse sh*t.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Skynet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2015 5:17:20 PM
At 2/15/2015 10:37:47 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 2/15/2015 8:56:33 PM, Skynet wrote:

Does the freedom of the woman or anyone for that matter take priority over a group of cells that have no current capacity for self awareness, pain, intelligence ? yes, yes it does.

Even if I give you abortion should be banned beyond a certain point, it doesn't get you to abortion should be banned from the moment of conception.

If I have said it once I will say it a thousand times to give moral equivalence to a group of cells eg a 3 day human embryo to say a 5 year old child is horse sh*t.

Keep in mind this may be the first time you've said it to me.

I have some questions about your view point:

What is the value of a person's life?

What defines a person apart from a non-person?

At what point do we define a group of cells as an actual person with rights?

What are rights?

Do you give that abortion should be banned past a certain stage? Why or why not?