Total Posts:11|Showing Posts:1-11
Jump to topic:

A Religous Rant on American Politics

ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 1:31:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
To me, religion has always played a big part in the role of my life. However, when it comes to politics there is a different story. Today, America and other governments around the world are competing against their citizens in a whose gun is bigger competition. Why is this on a religion or politics forum, because religion is usually the cause now these days for our political system. England is a secular state that has strifes, but is not as excessive as America is where even Christians are at a civil war with each other. Scotland has refused to band creationism from being taught in their schools. Many problems are arising because of the religious beliefs of certain individuals. An example is Bryan FIscher, somebody who claims to be a patriot of America. He believes the 1st amendment only protects Christians and that a new immigration policy be proposed where 1. Those who came to our shores, would adopt our religious values and traditions (Christianity) and 2. Leave the religion of their homeland behind while living in America.

This is not the only person whose made comments like these since I see him, Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachman and Rick Santorum as tyrants to not only the American Dream, but to their own faith that they so claim to worship. As an anarchist, I believe the liberal democrats and conservative republicans are absolute morons. If I had to have voted, I would choose a republican because they are smart on our fiscal issues. I do have one problem involving some of their social issues, but if they have a problem with me being a minister one day and being the minister to a gay wedding, they can just shoot me down for all I care. Liberals have some good social laws, but that's all they focus on and will not hesitate to drain bank accounts. The reason why nobody likes liberals is because they are idiots. If liberals were so smart, then why do they easily lose after establishing themselves with ads of useless garbage. Republicans these days don't understand what it means to live in a republic of democracy. Instead, they adopt conservatism and want to live in a utopia from their childhood and drag the citizens with them. I also find it ironic since this is indoctrinating one to socially instill a norm in society that if anybody were to break that norm and be different, people are pushed as un-American.

But why religion? Conservatives use the bible to justify capitalism and the slavery of obeying government (romans 13). Liberals toss around ideas to support social justice and shun rich people. Conservatives are right about capitalism since it's not entirely frowned upon when you look at the actual name, but they are wrong about obeying whoever is in charge (this goes for liberals too). If your leader told you to worship Krishna or no god, then you'd ignore them like Daniel. Daniel went against the law and when Samuel was asked to anoint a king, God told him that the people that asked had rejected God as their leader. So when people who claim God is their authority will openly point to their president as one, are rejecting God when it comes to what the bible says. The apostles even died because of the government being against what they were preaching. And the apostles deserved to be feared for what they were teaching. Rejection of earthly authority and acceptance of freedom in Christ. Liberals are right about social issues, but rich people aren't shunned unless they are wicked. If they have no remorse and are like the Pharisees, men who were prideful in money and worshipped mammon, then these are the ones the apostles condemned. Jesus may have said some challenging things. But if the rich man comes to a point in life where money is all that matters to him instead of family, salvation or even life, he is one who might not enter heaven because money is his central love.

If you want American politics to be a good republic or democracy, then here's a few suggestion to those who favor politics and activism. Call these "The Ten Commandments of Christian Freedom"

1. Thou shall not have other gods before God, but thou shall not also enforce the 1st commandment as a law to force people into the faith.

2. Allow the freedom that is given to them, but restrict certain activities that can be considered harmful when looked at scientifically or morally.

3. Don't just love thy neighbor, but their neighbors and their neighbors onward.

4. Think about how you would want to be treated if you were in your neighbor's shoes.

5. Establish churches, but do not flood an area with like 20 churches. This isn't a Christian pride parade. Allow some room for hospitals and grocery stores.

6. Do not assume what somebody believes or is like without getting to know them first.

7. Do not go into war, but only fight on your own home turf if somebody invades your land.

8. Learn to forgive others, but this shall not be a law to enforce, only a motto.

9. Be fair and equal when it comes to citizenship and representation.

and last, but not least

10. Live your life to the fullest.

This is the end of my rant. If you enjoyed reading, I thank you for taking the time to read it. If your in the religion forums, see if you can make your own ten commandments for fun.
R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,731
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 2:39:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
What about Islam
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 7:26:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/14/2015 2:39:46 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
What about Islam

Islam is not a huge impact when it comes to what America does. I'll never follow any Sharia Law until I'm converted to Islam by my mind. Til then, the same goes for the Ten Commandments not being enforced unto others in America.
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 8:05:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/14/2015 7:26:08 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/14/2015 2:39:46 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
What about Islam

Islam is not a huge impact when it comes to what America does. I'll never follow any Sharia Law until I'm converted to Islam by my mind.

Sharia law only ever applies to Muslims; that's the way it was practiced during the heyday of the various Caliphates. When Muslims want to practice Sharia in non-Muslim countries, it means that they want to use it to settle disputes within their own community. I disagree that this should ever be fully implemented in the US, but no one wants to subject non-Muslims to Sharia law, as even in an Islamic theocracy it only applies to Muslims.

Til then, the same goes for the Ten Commandments not being enforced unto others in America.

Yeah, this is why I find the fundamentalists shrieking about Sharia law to be hilariously ironic; it's an obvious case of projection.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 8:27:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/14/2015 8:05:14 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 2/14/2015 7:26:08 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/14/2015 2:39:46 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
What about Islam

Islam is not a huge impact when it comes to what America does. I'll never follow any Sharia Law until I'm converted to Islam by my mind.

Sharia law only ever applies to Muslims; that's the way it was practiced during the heyday of the various Caliphates. When Muslims want to practice Sharia in non-Muslim countries, it means that they want to use it to settle disputes within their own community. I disagree that this should ever be fully implemented in the US, but no one wants to subject non-Muslims to Sharia law, as even in an Islamic theocracy it only applies to Muslims.

Til then, the same goes for the Ten Commandments not being enforced unto others in America.

Yeah, this is why I find the fundamentalists shrieking about Sharia law to be hilariously ironic; it's an obvious case of projection.

Here's what America could be if the Tea Party took over.

http://youtu.be...
Varrack
Posts: 2,410
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 8:34:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/14/2015 1:31:35 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
To me, religion has always played a big part in the role of my life. However, when it comes to politics there is a different story. Today, America and other governments around the world are competing against their citizens in a whose gun is bigger competition. Why is this on a religion or politics forum, because religion is usually the cause now these days for our political system. England is a secular state that has strifes, but is not as excessive as America is where even Christians are at a civil war with each other. Scotland has refused to band creationism from being taught in their schools. Many problems are arising because of the religious beliefs of certain individuals. An example is Bryan FIscher, somebody who claims to be a patriot of America. He believes the 1st amendment only protects Christians and that a new immigration policy be proposed where 1. Those who came to our shores, would adopt our religious values and traditions (Christianity) and 2. Leave the religion of their homeland behind while living in America.

This is not the only person whose made comments like these since I see him, Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachman and Rick Santorum as tyrants to not only the American Dream, but to their own faith that they so claim to worship. As an anarchist, I believe the liberal democrats and conservative republicans are absolute morons. If I had to have voted, I would choose a republican because they are smart on our fiscal issues. I do have one problem involving some of their social issues, but if they have a problem with me being a minister one day and being the minister to a gay wedding, they can just shoot me down for all I care. Liberals have some good social laws, but that's all they focus on and will not hesitate to drain bank accounts. The reason why nobody likes liberals is because they are idiots. If liberals were so smart, then why do they easily lose after establishing themselves with ads of useless garbage. Republicans these days don't understand what it means to live in a republic of democracy. Instead, they adopt conservatism and want to live in a utopia from their childhood and drag the citizens with them. I also find it ironic since this is indoctrinating one to socially instill a norm in society that if anybody were to break that norm and be different, people are pushed as un-American.

But why religion? Conservatives use the bible to justify capitalism and the slavery of obeying government (romans 13). Liberals toss around ideas to support social justice and shun rich people. Conservatives are right about capitalism since it's not entirely frowned upon when you look at the actual name, but they are wrong about obeying whoever is in charge (this goes for liberals too). If your leader told you to worship Krishna or no god, then you'd ignore them like Daniel. Daniel went against the law and when Samuel was asked to anoint a king, God told him that the people that asked had rejected God as their leader. So when people who claim God is their authority will openly point to their president as one, are rejecting God when it comes to what the bible says. The apostles even died because of the government being against what they were preaching. And the apostles deserved to be feared for what they were teaching. Rejection of earthly authority and acceptance of freedom in Christ. Liberals are right about social issues, but rich people aren't shunned unless they are wicked. If they have no remorse and are like the Pharisees, men who were prideful in money and worshipped mammon, then these are the ones the apostles condemned. Jesus may have said some challenging things. But if the rich man comes to a point in life where money is all that matters to him instead of family, salvation or even life, he is one who might not enter heaven because money is his central love.

If you want American politics to be a good republic or democracy, then here's a few suggestion to those who favor politics and activism. Call these "The Ten Commandments of Christian Freedom"

1. Thou shall not have other gods before God, but thou shall not also enforce the 1st commandment as a law to force people into the faith.

2. Allow the freedom that is given to them, but restrict certain activities that can be considered harmful when looked at scientifically or morally.

3. Don't just love thy neighbor, but their neighbors and their neighbors onward.

4. Think about how you would want to be treated if you were in your neighbor's shoes.

5. Establish churches, but do not flood an area with like 20 churches. This isn't a Christian pride parade. Allow some room for hospitals and grocery stores.

6. Do not assume what somebody believes or is like without getting to know them first.

7. Do not go into war, but only fight on your own home turf if somebody invades your land.

8. Learn to forgive others, but this shall not be a law to enforce, only a motto.

9. Be fair and equal when it comes to citizenship and representation.

and last, but not least

10. Live your life to the fullest.

This is the end of my rant. If you enjoyed reading, I thank you for taking the time to read it. If your in the religion forums, see if you can make your own ten commandments for fun.

It's always interesting to hear other opinions. The American system is pretty secular though, and I don't really think Christians are at a civil war with each other, at least not as much as they are with atheists.
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 8:41:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/14/2015 8:27:11 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/14/2015 8:05:14 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 2/14/2015 7:26:08 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/14/2015 2:39:46 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
What about Islam

Islam is not a huge impact when it comes to what America does. I'll never follow any Sharia Law until I'm converted to Islam by my mind.

Sharia law only ever applies to Muslims; that's the way it was practiced during the heyday of the various Caliphates. When Muslims want to practice Sharia in non-Muslim countries, it means that they want to use it to settle disputes within their own community. I disagree that this should ever be fully implemented in the US, but no one wants to subject non-Muslims to Sharia law, as even in an Islamic theocracy it only applies to Muslims.

Til then, the same goes for the Ten Commandments not being enforced unto others in America.

Yeah, this is why I find the fundamentalists shrieking about Sharia law to be hilariously ironic; it's an obvious case of projection.

Here's what America could be if the Tea Party took over.

http://youtu.be...

Yeah, the Christian right in America is pretty starkly fascistic in a lot of their beliefs/delusions; it's amazing how quickly they took what was originally a libertarian movement and twisted it into a ludicrously nationalistic and theocratic one. That's because the resurrection of a lost past is a defining attributed of fascism, and the palingenetic impulse of the nascent Tea Party tapped into that, to its own ultimate detriment. It's a fascinating study of how quickly fascistic thinking can disfigure genuine movement into something blind, groping, and ugly.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 9:18:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/14/2015 8:34:37 PM, Varrack wrote:
At 2/14/2015 1:31:35 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
To me, religion has always played a big part in the role of my life. However, when it comes to politics there is a different story. Today, America and other governments around the world are competing against their citizens in a whose gun is bigger competition. Why is this on a religion or politics forum, because religion is usually the cause now these days for our political system. England is a secular state that has strifes, but is not as excessive as America is where even Christians are at a civil war with each other. Scotland has refused to band creationism from being taught in their schools. Many problems are arising because of the religious beliefs of certain individuals. An example is Bryan FIscher, somebody who claims to be a patriot of America. He believes the 1st amendment only protects Christians and that a new immigration policy be proposed where 1. Those who came to our shores, would adopt our religious values and traditions (Christianity) and 2. Leave the religion of their homeland behind while living in America.

This is not the only person whose made comments like these since I see him, Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachman and Rick Santorum as tyrants to not only the American Dream, but to their own faith that they so claim to worship. As an anarchist, I believe the liberal democrats and conservative republicans are absolute morons. If I had to have voted, I would choose a republican because they are smart on our fiscal issues. I do have one problem involving some of their social issues, but if they have a problem with me being a minister one day and being the minister to a gay wedding, they can just shoot me down for all I care. Liberals have some good social laws, but that's all they focus on and will not hesitate to drain bank accounts. The reason why nobody likes liberals is because they are idiots. If liberals were so smart, then why do they easily lose after establishing themselves with ads of useless garbage. Republicans these days don't understand what it means to live in a republic of democracy. Instead, they adopt conservatism and want to live in a utopia from their childhood and drag the citizens with them. I also find it ironic since this is indoctrinating one to socially instill a norm in society that if anybody were to break that norm and be different, people are pushed as un-American.

But why religion? Conservatives use the bible to justify capitalism and the slavery of obeying government (romans 13). Liberals toss around ideas to support social justice and shun rich people. Conservatives are right about capitalism since it's not entirely frowned upon when you look at the actual name, but they are wrong about obeying whoever is in charge (this goes for liberals too). If your leader told you to worship Krishna or no god, then you'd ignore them like Daniel. Daniel went against the law and when Samuel was asked to anoint a king, God told him that the people that asked had rejected God as their leader. So when people who claim God is their authority will openly point to their president as one, are rejecting God when it comes to what the bible says. The apostles even died because of the government being against what they were preaching. And the apostles deserved to be feared for what they were teaching. Rejection of earthly authority and acceptance of freedom in Christ. Liberals are right about social issues, but rich people aren't shunned unless they are wicked. If they have no remorse and are like the Pharisees, men who were prideful in money and worshipped mammon, then these are the ones the apostles condemned. Jesus may have said some challenging things. But if the rich man comes to a point in life where money is all that matters to him instead of family, salvation or even life, he is one who might not enter heaven because money is his central love.

If you want American politics to be a good republic or democracy, then here's a few suggestion to those who favor politics and activism. Call these "The Ten Commandments of Christian Freedom"

1. Thou shall not have other gods before God, but thou shall not also enforce the 1st commandment as a law to force people into the faith.

2. Allow the freedom that is given to them, but restrict certain activities that can be considered harmful when looked at scientifically or morally.

3. Don't just love thy neighbor, but their neighbors and their neighbors onward.

4. Think about how you would want to be treated if you were in your neighbor's shoes.

5. Establish churches, but do not flood an area with like 20 churches. This isn't a Christian pride parade. Allow some room for hospitals and grocery stores.

6. Do not assume what somebody believes or is like without getting to know them first.

7. Do not go into war, but only fight on your own home turf if somebody invades your land.

8. Learn to forgive others, but this shall not be a law to enforce, only a motto.

9. Be fair and equal when it comes to citizenship and representation.

and last, but not least

10. Live your life to the fullest.

This is the end of my rant. If you enjoyed reading, I thank you for taking the time to read it. If your in the religion forums, see if you can make your own ten commandments for fun.

It's always interesting to hear other opinions. The American system is pretty secular though, and I don't really think Christians are at a civil war with each other, at least not as much as they are with atheists.

Protestants against Catholics. Arminians vs Calvinists. And the classic "let's bash the Mormons." Glenn Beck is the supporter of the Tea Party and is friends with Joel Oelesteen, even though Glen is a Mormon. Then GoodFight Ministries posts a blog bashing Glen as demonic. And here's a funny one.

http://youtu.be...
Varrack
Posts: 2,410
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2015 12:10:57 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/14/2015 9:18:19 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/14/2015 8:34:37 PM, Varrack wrote:
At 2/14/2015 1:31:35 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
To me, religion has always played a big part in the role of my life. However, when it comes to politics there is a different story. Today, America and other governments around the world are competing against their citizens in a whose gun is bigger competition. Why is this on a religion or politics forum, because religion is usually the cause now these days for our political system. England is a secular state that has strifes, but is not as excessive as America is where even Christians are at a civil war with each other. Scotland has refused to band creationism from being taught in their schools. Many problems are arising because of the religious beliefs of certain individuals. An example is Bryan FIscher, somebody who claims to be a patriot of America. He believes the 1st amendment only protects Christians and that a new immigration policy be proposed where 1. Those who came to our shores, would adopt our religious values and traditions (Christianity) and 2. Leave the religion of their homeland behind while living in America.

This is not the only person whose made comments like these since I see him, Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachman and Rick Santorum as tyrants to not only the American Dream, but to their own faith that they so claim to worship. As an anarchist, I believe the liberal democrats and conservative republicans are absolute morons. If I had to have voted, I would choose a republican because they are smart on our fiscal issues. I do have one problem involving some of their social issues, but if they have a problem with me being a minister one day and being the minister to a gay wedding, they can just shoot me down for all I care. Liberals have some good social laws, but that's all they focus on and will not hesitate to drain bank accounts. The reason why nobody likes liberals is because they are idiots. If liberals were so smart, then why do they easily lose after establishing themselves with ads of useless garbage. Republicans these days don't understand what it means to live in a republic of democracy. Instead, they adopt conservatism and want to live in a utopia from their childhood and drag the citizens with them. I also find it ironic since this is indoctrinating one to socially instill a norm in society that if anybody were to break that norm and be different, people are pushed as un-American.

But why religion? Conservatives use the bible to justify capitalism and the slavery of obeying government (romans 13). Liberals toss around ideas to support social justice and shun rich people. Conservatives are right about capitalism since it's not entirely frowned upon when you look at the actual name, but they are wrong about obeying whoever is in charge (this goes for liberals too). If your leader told you to worship Krishna or no god, then you'd ignore them like Daniel. Daniel went against the law and when Samuel was asked to anoint a king, God told him that the people that asked had rejected God as their leader. So when people who claim God is their authority will openly point to their president as one, are rejecting God when it comes to what the bible says. The apostles even died because of the government being against what they were preaching. And the apostles deserved to be feared for what they were teaching. Rejection of earthly authority and acceptance of freedom in Christ. Liberals are right about social issues, but rich people aren't shunned unless they are wicked. If they have no remorse and are like the Pharisees, men who were prideful in money and worshipped mammon, then these are the ones the apostles condemned. Jesus may have said some challenging things. But if the rich man comes to a point in life where money is all that matters to him instead of family, salvation or even life, he is one who might not enter heaven because money is his central love.

If you want American politics to be a good republic or democracy, then here's a few suggestion to those who favor politics and activism. Call these "The Ten Commandments of Christian Freedom"

1. Thou shall not have other gods before God, but thou shall not also enforce the 1st commandment as a law to force people into the faith.

2. Allow the freedom that is given to them, but restrict certain activities that can be considered harmful when looked at scientifically or morally.

3. Don't just love thy neighbor, but their neighbors and their neighbors onward.

4. Think about how you would want to be treated if you were in your neighbor's shoes.

5. Establish churches, but do not flood an area with like 20 churches. This isn't a Christian pride parade. Allow some room for hospitals and grocery stores.

6. Do not assume what somebody believes or is like without getting to know them first.

7. Do not go into war, but only fight on your own home turf if somebody invades your land.

8. Learn to forgive others, but this shall not be a law to enforce, only a motto.

9. Be fair and equal when it comes to citizenship and representation.

and last, but not least

10. Live your life to the fullest.

This is the end of my rant. If you enjoyed reading, I thank you for taking the time to read it. If your in the religion forums, see if you can make your own ten commandments for fun.

It's always interesting to hear other opinions. The American system is pretty secular though, and I don't really think Christians are at a civil war with each other, at least not as much as they are with atheists.

Protestants against Catholics. Arminians vs Calvinists. And the classic "let's bash the Mormons." Glenn Beck is the supporter of the Tea Party and is friends with Joel Oelesteen, even though Glen is a Mormon. Then GoodFight Ministries posts a blog bashing Glen as demonic. And here's a funny one.

http://youtu.be...

Lol, I'm Mormon so I understand that struggle. I think Christians of all types should just accept each other and not accuse each other of being wrong or "deceived by Satan", since that's not very Christian-like.
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2015 7:54:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/15/2015 12:10:57 AM, Varrack wrote:
At 2/14/2015 9:18:19 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/14/2015 8:34:37 PM, Varrack wrote:
At 2/14/2015 1:31:35 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
To me, religion has always played a big part in the role of my life. However, when it comes to politics there is a different story. Today, America and other governments around the world are competing against their citizens in a whose gun is bigger competition. Why is this on a religion or politics forum, because religion is usually the cause now these days for our political system. England is a secular state that has strifes, but is not as excessive as America is where even Christians are at a civil war with each other. Scotland has refused to band creationism from being taught in their schools. Many problems are arising because of the religious beliefs of certain individuals. An example is Bryan FIscher, somebody who claims to be a patriot of America. He believes the 1st amendment only protects Christians and that a new immigration policy be proposed where 1. Those who came to our shores, would adopt our religious values and traditions (Christianity) and 2. Leave the religion of their homeland behind while living in America.

This is not the only person whose made comments like these since I see him, Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachman and Rick Santorum as tyrants to not only the American Dream, but to their own faith that they so claim to worship. As an anarchist, I believe the liberal democrats and conservative republicans are absolute morons. If I had to have voted, I would choose a republican because they are smart on our fiscal issues. I do have one problem involving some of their social issues, but if they have a problem with me being a minister one day and being the minister to a gay wedding, they can just shoot me down for all I care. Liberals have some good social laws, but that's all they focus on and will not hesitate to drain bank accounts. The reason why nobody likes liberals is because they are idiots. If liberals were so smart, then why do they easily lose after establishing themselves with ads of useless garbage. Republicans these days don't understand what it means to live in a republic of democracy. Instead, they adopt conservatism and want to live in a utopia from their childhood and drag the citizens with them. I also find it ironic since this is indoctrinating one to socially instill a norm in society that if anybody were to break that norm and be different, people are pushed as un-American.

But why religion? Conservatives use the bible to justify capitalism and the slavery of obeying government (romans 13). Liberals toss around ideas to support social justice and shun rich people. Conservatives are right about capitalism since it's not entirely frowned upon when you look at the actual name, but they are wrong about obeying whoever is in charge (this goes for liberals too). If your leader told you to worship Krishna or no god, then you'd ignore them like Daniel. Daniel went against the law and when Samuel was asked to anoint a king, God told him that the people that asked had rejected God as their leader. So when people who claim God is their authority will openly point to their president as one, are rejecting God when it comes to what the bible says. The apostles even died because of the government being against what they were preaching. And the apostles deserved to be feared for what they were teaching. Rejection of earthly authority and acceptance of freedom in Christ. Liberals are right about social issues, but rich people aren't shunned unless they are wicked. If they have no remorse and are like the Pharisees, men who were prideful in money and worshipped mammon, then these are the ones the apostles condemned. Jesus may have said some challenging things. But if the rich man comes to a point in life where money is all that matters to him instead of family, salvation or even life, he is one who might not enter heaven because money is his central love.

If you want American politics to be a good republic or democracy, then here's a few suggestion to those who favor politics and activism. Call these "The Ten Commandments of Christian Freedom"

1. Thou shall not have other gods before God, but thou shall not also enforce the 1st commandment as a law to force people into the faith.

2. Allow the freedom that is given to them, but restrict certain activities that can be considered harmful when looked at scientifically or morally.

3. Don't just love thy neighbor, but their neighbors and their neighbors onward.

4. Think about how you would want to be treated if you were in your neighbor's shoes.

5. Establish churches, but do not flood an area with like 20 churches. This isn't a Christian pride parade. Allow some room for hospitals and grocery stores.

6. Do not assume what somebody believes or is like without getting to know them first.

7. Do not go into war, but only fight on your own home turf if somebody invades your land.

8. Learn to forgive others, but this shall not be a law to enforce, only a motto.

9. Be fair and equal when it comes to citizenship and representation.

and last, but not least

10. Live your life to the fullest.

This is the end of my rant. If you enjoyed reading, I thank you for taking the time to read it. If your in the religion forums, see if you can make your own ten commandments for fun.

It's always interesting to hear other opinions. The American system is pretty secular though, and I don't really think Christians are at a civil war with each other, at least not as much as they are with atheists.

Protestants against Catholics. Arminians vs Calvinists. And the classic "let's bash the Mormons." Glenn Beck is the supporter of the Tea Party and is friends with Joel Oelesteen, even though Glen is a Mormon. Then GoodFight Ministries posts a blog bashing Glen as demonic. And here's a funny one.

http://youtu.be...

Lol, I'm Mormon so I understand that struggle. I think Christians of all types should just accept each other and not accuse each other of being wrong or "deceived by Satan", since that's not very Christian-like.

Let me ask this before you tell me what Christ is.

1. Do you believe Jesus is the savior?
2. Do you believe any of the New Testament?
3. Do you believe all are sinners who need to accept Jesus in order to be saved?
4. What is the doctrines of Mormons?
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2015 6:23:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I agree partially; I think that certain measures proposed by Christian Conservatives trespass on the rights of others, and thus such things should be allowed in America.
However, after the things in question are legalized, we as a nation should also ensure that these people performing these certain actions does not have a negative effect on Christians, and to do something about it to correct the problem if it does. For instance, pornography should be allowed because atheists and certain others do not agree that it's inherently immoral, and it (usually) doesn't hurt anybody else. However, pornography has a harmful effect on the Christian community, and thus while atheists should be allowed to view pornography the system should make it so Christians are not negatively affected by it.
There is a HUGE pornography problem within the Church; many Christian men want to serve God but at the same time they cannot quit looking at porn. A solution should be devised which all parties can be satisfied with.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid