Total Posts:11|Showing Posts:1-11
Jump to topic:

Joe Beiden

PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 8:52:23 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 8:27:33 AM, cjl wrote:
Is he doing a decent job? I don't see much of him.:

VP Biden is well known for his off-colored remarks, and being the gaffe-machine that he is, he suffers from a bad case of foot-in-mouth disease. For instance, during the primaries (when he was running against Obama for the presidency), he made an idiotic remark about Indian-Americans that certainly appeared racist to any sensible viewer. His latest and most notorious gaffe, "This is a big f***ing deal!" in front on the press has probably prompted the Obama Administration to have him lay low for awhile.

That said, Biden is one of the grittiest people who has ever served in the Senate, and his experience is an asset to the Obama Administration.

VP's are not generally in the spotlight, regardless. VP Cheney was probably the nations most visible VP in American history, constantly ingratiating himself in the affairs of the CIA. He was notorious for steering Bush in the direction he wanted the country to go.

What we witnessed with the Bush Administration is not the norm. It is historically more normative that the VP hangs out in the shadows. BUT, I think Biden is especially laying low because he just can't stop himself from making an a** of himself, and the Obama Administration knows it.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
cjl
Posts: 1,073
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 8:54:49 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 8:52:23 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 7/9/2010 8:27:33 AM, cjl wrote:
Is he doing a decent job? I don't see much of him.:

VP Biden is well known for his off-colored remarks, and being the gaffe-machine that he is, he suffers from a bad case of foot-in-mouth disease. For instance, during the primaries (when he was running against Obama for the presidency), he made an idiotic remark about Indian-Americans that certainly appeared racist to any sensible viewer. His latest and most notorious gaffe, "This is a big f***ing deal!" in front on the press has probably prompted the Obama Administration to have him lay low for awhile.

That said, Biden is one of the grittiest people who has ever served in the Senate, and his experience is an asset to the Obama Administration.

VP's are not generally in the spotlight, regardless. VP Cheney was probably the nations most visible VP in American history, constantly ingratiating himself in the affairs of the CIA. He was notorious for steering Bush in the direction he wanted the country to go.

What we witnessed with the Bush Administration is not the norm. It is historically more normative that the VP hangs out in the shadows. BUT, I think Biden is especially laying low because he just can't stop himself from making an a** of himself, and the Obama Administration knows it.

Has he done anything productive for the country.
mongoose
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 8:59:57 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 8:52:23 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 7/9/2010 8:27:33 AM, cjl wrote:
Is he doing a decent job? I don't see much of him.:

VP Biden is well known for his off-colored remarks, and being the gaffe-machine that he is, he suffers from a bad case of foot-in-mouth disease. For instance, during the primaries (when he was running against Obama for the presidency), he made an idiotic remark about Indian-Americans that certainly appeared racist to any sensible viewer. His latest and most notorious gaffe, "This is a big f***ing deal!" in front on the press has probably prompted the Obama Administration to have him lay low for awhile.

That said, Biden is one of the grittiest people who has ever served in the Senate, and his experience is an asset to the Obama Administration.

VP's are not generally in the spotlight, regardless. VP Cheney was probably the nations most visible VP in American history, constantly ingratiating himself in the affairs of the CIA. He was notorious for steering Bush in the direction he wanted the country to go.

What we witnessed with the Bush Administration is not the norm. It is historically more normative that the VP hangs out in the shadows. BUT, I think Biden is especially laying low because he just can't stop himself from making an a** of himself, and the Obama Administration knows it.

You forgot when he told the one guy at the custard place to stop being such a smart a**
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 9:03:58 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Joe Beiden is a pretty cool guy. Eh fights dyslexia and doesn't afraid of anything.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 9:07:47 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 9:03:58 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Joe Beiden is a pretty cool guy. Eh fights dyslexia and doesn't afraid of anything.

Panda you are one of very few people who make me genuinely lol throughout my day.
President of DDO
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 9:09:59 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 9:07:47 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 7/9/2010 9:03:58 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Joe Beiden is a pretty cool guy. Eh fights dyslexia and doesn't afraid of anything.

Panda you are one of very few people who make me genuinely lol throughout my day.

Why thank you. *Blushes*.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 9:10:46 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 9:09:59 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 7/9/2010 9:07:47 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 7/9/2010 9:03:58 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Joe Beiden is a pretty cool guy. Eh fights dyslexia and doesn't afraid of anything.

Panda you are one of very few people who make me genuinely lol throughout my day.

Why thank you. *Blushes*.

Also, check yo' profile comments.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 9:19:02 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 9:11:59 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 7/9/2010 9:10:46 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Also, check yo' profile comments.
I think she feels attracted to you.

Of course she is. She's into Lesbian and Bestiality.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 9:21:01 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/9/2010 9:19:02 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Of course she is. She's into Lesbian and Bestiality.
Well, you are a good dog! She should not be disappointed.