Jump to topic:

The Whole World Is In Debt?

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 6:39:10 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I just heard on the radio that the U.S is in debt, and so is the rest of the world. How can the whole world be in debt and in debt to who? Extraterrestrials?

Maybe this is why we have an alien defense system on the moon. (Certain races are working with the government, so I'm not sure which race they are defending against.)
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 6:42:40 PM
The whole world is in debt to each other and themselves.

If it doesn't make much sense, then don't worry about it. I don't think anyone can make sense of it. Look at what happened with the collapse of the USSR; one of the most debt-laden countries in the history of the world declared bankruptcy, swore off its debt, and nothing happened. It really is an arbitrary number, this "world debt" we have.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 6:43:32 PM
At 7/9/2010 6:42:40 PM, Volkov wrote:
The whole world is in debt to each other and themselves.

If it doesn't make much sense, then don't worry about it. I don't think anyone can make sense of it. Look at what happened with the collapse of the USSR; one of the most debt-laden countries in the history of the world declared bankruptcy, swore off its debt, and nothing happened. It really is an arbitrary number, this "world debt" we have.

Fair enough. So why the alien defense system.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 6:44:18 PM
At 7/9/2010 6:43:32 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Fair enough. So why the alien defense system.

I don't even know what you're talking about, but I'll say "Raelians" and leave it at that. Or should I say Reagan?
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 6:49:48 PM
At 7/9/2010 6:45:46 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Aliens put the world in debt? O.o

No. I just made that up. Though, I do know that there are ET government relations, though probably not economically.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 6:52:47 PM
The whole world is not in debt. Volkov's answer only works by presuming the collectivist mindset that debt within a country is "debt to oneself." But as far as I can tell most or all governments are in debt to private bondholders.

And most or all are in debt to at least some other governments-- the "surplus nations" however,hold more debt from other governments than they owe to other governments, though not usually more than they owe to private citizens ). Some of it "Circles out" so to speak (i.e. party A in debt to party B in debt to party C in debt to party A), but that's typically accounted for on balance sheets and the amounts are different (if it weren't, there would be no "surplus nations" ) There are very real creditors, one simply has to recognize that individuals, not just governments, exist, in order to figure that out.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 6:53:51 PM
At 7/9/2010 6:49:48 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 7/9/2010 6:45:46 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Aliens put the world in debt? O.o

No. I just made that up. Though, I do know that there are ET government relations, though probably not economically.

So, wait, are you joking about the whole alien defense base too? I'm confused. o_O
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 6:55:06 PM
At 7/9/2010 6:53:51 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 7/9/2010 6:49:48 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

So, wait, are you joking about the whole alien defense base too? I'm confused. o_O

No, just the economic relations. According to the news source, there is an alien defense system (or going to be).
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 6:55:11 PM
He's not joking. Making stuff up about aliens is srs bsns for conspiranuts.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 6:55:28 PM
At 7/9/2010 6:52:47 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
The whole world is not in debt. Volkov's answer only works by presuming the collectivist mindset that debt within a country is "debt to oneself." But as far as I can tell most or all governments are in debt to private bondholders.

My experience with questions over debt are limited to my understanding of the Soviet Union's economy, which was in debt more to itself and other countries than any private bondholders.
Strikeeagle84015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 6:56:20 PM
The short answer to all of this is
WE ARE ALL SCREWED
my suggestion stock up on guns and ammo
: At 8/17/2010 7:17:56 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
: Hey dawg, i herd you like evangelical trolls so we put a bible thumper in yo bible thumper so you can troll while you troll!

Arguing with an atheist about God is very similar to arguing with a blind man about what the Sistine Chapel looks like
Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
The only way I will stop believing in God is if he appeared before me and told me that he did not exist.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 6:57:56 PM
At 7/9/2010 6:55:28 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 7/9/2010 6:52:47 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

My experience with questions over debt are limited to my understanding of the Soviet Union's economy, which was in debt more to itself and other countries than any private bondholders.
As in, one department/council/party cell holding debt to another, or...?

There's some amount of that in the US gov't too, but it isn't usually the "Debt" people put in statistics, since it's simultaneously an asset and so zeroes out.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 6:58:06 PM
At 7/9/2010 6:56:20 PM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:
WE ARE ALL SCREWED

I suspect you're one of the people I wouldn't want handling a firearm.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 6:59:35 PM
At 7/9/2010 6:57:56 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
As in, one department/council/party cell holding debt to another, or...?

Essentially, along with the Soviets and the industries. It was a big, self-circulating pile of debt that bankrupted a few regions before Gorbachev came in.

There's some amount of that in the US gov't too, but it isn't usually the "Debt" people put in statistics, since it's simultaneously an asset and so zeroes out.

Ah, OK.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 6:59:59 PM
WE ARE ALL SCREWED

No need for violence. We have exopolitical diplomats that are attempting to handle the situation.

The second annual European Exopolitical Expo will be held in October 2010 where there will be several representatives from different countries who deal with exopolitical relations.

http://www.exopoliticseurope.com...
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 7:01:57 PM
At 7/9/2010 6:59:59 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
WE ARE ALL SCREWED

No need for violence. We have exopolitical diplomats that are attempting to handle the situation.

The second annual European Exopolitical Expo will be held in October 2010 where there will be several representatives from different countries who deal with exopolitical relations.

Who is "We" and where can I contact a bunch of minarchist aliens with a request to conquer us and start governing for user fees?
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 7:02:42 PM
The second annual European Exopolitics Summit will be held in October 2010 where there will be several representatives from different countries who deal with exopolitical relations.

Edit: European Exopolitics Summit.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Strikeeagle84015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 7:05:43 PM
WE ARE ALL SCREWED

I would like to have faith in these people but their solution to get the stop the financial meltdown was to give out large amounts of money from the people going bankrupt to the people that caused the collapse. Well were at it how about we give criminals free access to gyms so when they get out they can mug us better.

P.S.
Warren Buffet is not a genius he was just lucky he made a couple of good investments and now it is impossible for him to make a bad one because as soon as he buys stalk everyone else buys the same stock which increases its value
: At 8/17/2010 7:17:56 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
: Hey dawg, i herd you like evangelical trolls so we put a bible thumper in yo bible thumper so you can troll while you troll!

Arguing with an atheist about God is very similar to arguing with a blind man about what the Sistine Chapel looks like
Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
The only way I will stop believing in God is if he appeared before me and told me that he did not exist.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 7:06:46 PM
At 7/9/2010 7:02:42 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
The second annual European Exopolitics Summit will be held in October 2010 where there will be several representatives from different countries who deal with exopolitical relations.

Who's willing to put up money and get Brian Eggleston to become the next Expolitical Minister for Great Britain at this "Summit"?
Zeitgeist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 4:09:30 AM
The WHOLE world is not in debt, much of the Western world is in debt and most of that debt to those countries that now provide the consumer goods and even essentials of life that so much of the West now depend on.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 7:27:30 AM
At 7/9/2010 6:39:10 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
I just heard on the radio that the U.S is in debt, and so is the rest of the world. How can the whole world be in debt and in debt to who? Extraterrestrials?

Hilarious.

Maybe this is why we have an alien defense system on the moon. (Certain races are working with the government, so I'm not sure which race they are defending against.)

Wait... are you actually being serious?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 7:29:15 AM
At 7/9/2010 6:55:11 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
He's not joking. Making stuff up about aliens is srs bsns for conspiranuts.

Wow... never do that again it gives me a headache.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 4:05:06 PM

Not sure if you're aware geo, but the vid you posted seems to be suggesting that the government itself is behind the majority of alien conspiracy theories and ufo sitings, and is trying to manipulate the public to fear aliens as the next threat to their lives (after communism and terrorism), so that they can be manipulated into accepting the New World Order.

Too many conspiracies spoil the broth. Beware the dissemination of disinformation lol.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 5:56:13 PM
At 7/12/2010 4:09:30 AM, Zeitgeist wrote:
The WHOLE world is not in debt, much of the Western world is in debt and most of that debt to those countries that now provide the consumer goods and even essentials of life that so much of the West now depend on.

Wrong. http://us.asiancorrespondent.com...
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 6:03:50 PM
At 7/9/2010 7:06:46 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 7/9/2010 7:02:42 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Who's willing to put up money and get Brian Eggleston to become the next Expolitical Minister for Great Britain at this "Summit"?

How much? :)
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 6:06:50 PM
At 7/12/2010 4:05:06 PM, feverish wrote:

Not sure if you're aware geo, but the vid you posted seems to be suggesting that the government itself is behind the majority of alien conspiracy

I know. I already acknowledged that.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat