Should America Follow Canada?

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 11:33:30 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
In generality, discuss.

This link isn't what I'm basing the discussion on, it just made me want to ask for your opinion.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 11:22:39 AM
At 7/9/2010 11:33:30 PM, FREEDO wrote:
In generality, discuss.

This link isn't what I'm basing the discussion on, it just made me want to ask for your opinion.

Thank you for posting this, because I've got the perfect return post:

http://justdamnstupid.blogspot.com...

Uh, OK. Now before ya'all pack Junior, Snowflake and Pookie into the cross-over and set the GPS for Saskatchewan, here are ten reasons for ya'all to consider staying put.

10). Your guns, they have to stay. In spite of President Bushes "No Gun Left Behind" programme, your's will have to stay South of the 49th parallel or you will be frowned upon, heavily scolded, or asked to do community service. If you don't do the community service, you will be heavily scolded. And if you won't be heavily scolded, you will most definitely be frowned upon. Provided that doesn't offend you....too much. Sorry to bother you. Have a nice day.

9). If you smoke cigarettes, either quit or be prepared to take out a second mortgage before buying a carton. You might be able to get away with monthly payments if you're close enough to Kanesatake.

8). When you come into the City and the sign says "50 unless otherwise posted". That's in kilometers per hour _not_ miles. Not that you'd be able to drive at 50 miles an hour in the City anyway. Everyone's usually doddling along at half the limit. Too busy sucking on their coffee, texting their BFFs and yapping on the shoe-phone.

7). When it comes to football our balls are bigger, there are only three downs, the field is bigger, the goal posts are bigger, as is the distance between the hash-marks. There are only eight teams, a 24 point lead means nothing, the game ain't over with 15 minutes left on the clock and Saskatchewan is allowed to win the Grey Cup (championship) once every twenty years. Really, it's in the Rules, trust me.

6). If you get sick, just go to the damn doctor already. Don't need no credit card, insurance, or second mortgage. Just go to the hospital or doctors office and once the Death Panel clears you, you'll be treated. If the Death Panel doesn't clear you, or if you ever encounter a "Death Panel", well then you've actually entered an alternate reality created by Sarah Palin and Sharon Angle.......ahhhhhhhh!!!!!

5). Speaking of the Tea Party. If you are a self-proclaimed tea-bagger, that's OK, the government has no business interfering with what you do in the privacy of your bedroom.

4). When you wake up and the outside thermometer reads 30 degrees, that's really freakin warm, you don't need a jacket. Afterall, 30 degrees Celsius is equal to about 86 degrees Fahrenheit ...What's that? Your thermometer is only Fahrenheit ? Your problem is what? 30 degrees Fahrenheit is nothin, you still don't need no stinkin jacket. Just wait six-months, 30 degrees Fahrenheit will seem like heaven compared to 40 below. And _that_ is Celsius or Fahrenheit .

3). When you're at "the game". When the players are all standing at centre field/ice. That music they're playing? No, it's not the funeral march, it's our National Anthem. Just behave like everyone else. Slowly stand up (but don't be the first). Shuffle a bit, fiddle with your hands, and move your mouth every once and a while. DON'T SING! and for the love of God don't put you hand over your heart, in your pocket, fine. Just not over your heart. When they play the American anthem, either boo or STFU!

2). Those morning traffic jams? They last from 7:00 am to 9:15 am. No, it's not an over-turned semi carrying chemicals or fuel, not a police stand-off either - they're caused by the line-up of cars trying to go through the Tim Horton's drive through. True, it's not Starbucks, only half the price and it actually tastes like real coffee.

1). It's really not 93,000 jobs that were created anyway. That 93,000 was in metric. The reality is that there were only 95 jobs created and those were for people to process the long-form Census. Given that the Conservatives recently killed the long-form Census and the 300 jobs that went along with processing them, we actually owe the Feds 205 jobs.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 2:22:28 PM
At 7/10/2010 11:22:39 AM, Volkov wrote:
In generality, discuss.

Blog copypasta

You forgot YOU HAVE TO EXCHANGE YOUR DOLLARS TO CANADIAN DOLLARS! AAAAAHHHH!!!

AND THE EXCHANGE RATE IS 1.03 CANADIAN DOLLARS TO THE GREENBACK! AAAAH! AAAHHHH! AAAAHHH!
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 2:27:43 PM
At 7/10/2010 11:22:39 AM, Volkov wrote:
In generality, discuss.

Thank you for posting this, because I've got the perfect return post:

http://justdamnstupid.blogspot.com...

Uh, OK. Now before ya'all pack Junior, Snowflake and Pookie into the cross-over and set the GPS for Saskatchewan, here are ten reasons for ya'all to consider staying put.

10). Your guns, they have to stay. In spite of President Bushes "No Gun Left Behind" programme, your's will have to stay South of the 49th parallel or you will be frowned upon, heavily scolded, or asked to do community service. If you don't do the community service, you will be heavily scolded. And if you won't be heavily scolded, you will most definitely be frowned upon. Provided that doesn't offend you....too much. Sorry to bother you. Have a nice day.

9). If you smoke cigarettes, either quit or be prepared to take out a second mortgage before buying a carton. You might be able to get away with monthly payments if you're close enough to Kanesatake.

8). When you come into the City and the sign says "50 unless otherwise posted". That's in kilometers per hour _not_ miles. Not that you'd be able to drive at 50 miles an hour in the City anyway. Everyone's usually doddling along at half the limit. Too busy sucking on their coffee, texting their BFFs and yapping on the shoe-phone.

7). When it comes to football our balls are bigger, there are only three downs, the field is bigger, the goal posts are bigger, as is the distance between the hash-marks. There are only eight teams, a 24 point lead means nothing, the game ain't over with 15 minutes left on the clock and Saskatchewan is allowed to win the Grey Cup (championship) once every twenty years. Really, it's in the Rules, trust me.

6). If you get sick, just go to the damn doctor already. Don't need no credit card, insurance, or second mortgage. Just go to the hospital or doctors office and once the Death Panel clears you, you'll be treated. If the Death Panel doesn't clear you, or if you ever encounter a "Death Panel", well then you've actually entered an alternate reality created by Sarah Palin and Sharon Angle.......ahhhhhhhh!!!!!

5). Speaking of the Tea Party. If you are a self-proclaimed tea-bagger, that's OK, the government has no business interfering with what you do in the privacy of your bedroom.

4). When you wake up and the outside thermometer reads 30 degrees, that's really freakin warm, you don't need a jacket. Afterall, 30 degrees Celsius is equal to about 86 degrees Fahrenheit ...What's that? Your thermometer is only Fahrenheit ? Your problem is what? 30 degrees Fahrenheit is nothin, you still don't need no stinkin jacket. Just wait six-months, 30 degrees Fahrenheit will seem like heaven compared to 40 below. And _that_ is Celsius or Fahrenheit .

3). When you're at "the game". When the players are all standing at centre field/ice. That music they're playing? No, it's not the funeral march, it's our National Anthem. Just behave like everyone else. Slowly stand up (but don't be the first). Shuffle a bit, fiddle with your hands, and move your mouth every once and a while. DON'T SING! and for the love of God don't put you hand over your heart, in your pocket, fine. Just not over your heart. When they play the American anthem, either boo or STFU!

2). Those morning traffic jams? They last from 7:00 am to 9:15 am. No, it's not an over-turned semi carrying chemicals or fuel, not a police stand-off either - they're caused by the line-up of cars trying to go through the Tim Horton's drive through. True, it's not Starbucks, only half the price and it actually tastes like real coffee.

1). It's really not 93,000 jobs that were created anyway. That 93,000 was in metric. The reality is that there were only 95 jobs created and those were for people to process the long-form Census. Given that the Conservatives recently killed the long-form Census and the 300 jobs that went along with processing them, we actually owe the Feds 205 jobs.

All time classic post! I'd sig it, but it's a bit too long!
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...