Total Posts:57|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

What do you thuink about liberals?

debate_power
Posts: 726
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2015 6:33:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/19/2015 5:21:21 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
I am just wqondering.

I like them (unless they're fake). I am one!
You can call me Mark if you like.
YYW
Posts: 36,263
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2015 6:37:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Liberals are all communists who want to destroy 'Murica. And if you disagree with me, Ricky Bobby's cougar will hunt you down.
Tsar of DDO
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2015 6:52:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I am an extreme conservative but don't think liberals are bad, lol.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Chang29
Posts: 732
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 3:32:53 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Liberals believe in punishing most to protect a few. These liberal top down policy ideas can not stand up to any challenge, (yet conservatives fail). Then, liberals immediately turn to name calling in defense of their ideas.
A free market anti-capitalist

If it can be de-centralized, it will be de-centralized.
briantheliberal
Posts: 722
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 8:07:21 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/20/2015 3:32:53 AM, Chang29 wrote:
Liberals believe in punishing most to protect a few.

Examples?

These liberal top down policy ideas can not stand up to any challenge, (yet conservatives fail). Then, liberals immediately turn to name calling in defense of their ideas.

Again, examples? Speaking from personal experience any time I see a liberal, including myself, turn to name-calling it's because conservatives ALWAYS end up using circular logic and confirmation bias, and repeating the same flawed ideas over and over to defend your ideas while being condescending and subtly disrespectful, then acting like you are innocent when a liberal points out your ignorance. You can't argue with those who cannot, which is frustrating and annoying. Don't act like conservatives don't go around calling people they don't agree with "libtards" and "perverts" etc... Because I see it all the time.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 8:15:22 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/20/2015 3:32:53 AM, Chang29 wrote:
Liberals believe in punishing most to protect a few.
What does this even mean?
And, are you suggesting there is no benefit derived from protecting these few?

These liberal top down policy ideas can not stand up to any challenge, (yet conservatives fail).
Blanket statements are always true, so I can't refute.
Then, liberals immediately turn to name calling in defense of their ideas.
Um, okay.
I don't bsh1 or YYW calling me names when they argue with me.
It wholly depends on the liberal, and depends on how civil the opposition is too.
My work here is, finally, done.
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 8:17:13 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
It depends on how "strong" their opinion is. Since I'm ideologically a radical center, I tend to strongly disagree with those whose political positions on the spectrum are very far from the center. I don't like how each side of the spectrum mocks and bickers with each other, and I don't like how they usually refuse to see the other side of the argument (or if they do, they usually fervently state that the other side is wrong).
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 8:48:29 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/19/2015 5:21:21 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
I am just wqondering.

It depends on how much they think, as with any group.
I have noticed that, in America, liberals seem to think with their emotions, and thus, everything is subjective and is not based on principles.
An example of this is payday lending:
Some will say "WTF?!? 520% APR, that is highway robbery and usury laws ought to apply!!!"
I'll respond, "If I am a business with a store front and employees, and you need to borrow $100, and have no savings, credit, or friends that can lend you the money, what should I charge you for this obviously risky loan? Is $10 too much for a one week loan? What is a fair amount of money to make from such a transaction?"
Answers I have seriously been given:
"Well, that depends on how much money the company is making."
"I don't know what is fair, but 520% is too high. Credit cards are only 30%."

It seems that liberals don't like giving objective answers to issues. Or, at least, the layman liberal.

Obviously, this is true of all laymen of all ideologies. Advocates, after all, are often ignorant of so, so much.
Conservatives in America, instead of exchanging their logic for emotion, will often trade their critical thinking for God or tradition.

So, liberals, like most people, are often annoying and stupid.
Their ideas I generally don't agree with, but that does not inherently make them stupid or bad people.
My work here is, finally, done.
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Posts: 2,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 9:04:26 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
'The superior man, in the world, does not set his mind either for anything, or against anything; what is right he will follow.' (Analects 4.10)

'There were four things from which the Master was entirely free. He had no foregone conclusions, no arbitrary predeterminations, no obstinacy, and no egoism.' (Analects 9.4)

The political scene in my city is very complicated - there are 'leftists' who stick up to the North and then there are 'leftists' who get criticised 24/7 for their 'idiotic' views, and then there are the ultra-Hong Kong localist guys who are often extremely annoying and occasionally get branded 'right'. Therefore, I couldn't glean the true meaning of 'liberal' and 'conservative' from my home.

With that said, I have figured out the implications behind these two words from my time on DDO, and I've come to the conclusion that liberals support gay marriage, social welfare and legalised marijuana, while conservatives support traditional marriage values, free economies and banning abortion. Therefore, I don't feel anything about either ideology. The liberals believe in things I find silly, like legalised prostitution and recreational drug use, for example. The conservatives, however, also believe in things I find silly, like being against social security and welfare, environmental protection, etc. Therefore, I only have stances on particular issues, rather than having opinions on the entire wing.
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:
http://www.debate.org...

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
debate_power
Posts: 726
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 4:02:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/19/2015 6:37:40 PM, YYW wrote:
Liberals are all communists who want to destroy 'Murica. And if you disagree with me, Ricky Bobby's cougar will hunt you down.

I disagree with yew
You can call me Mark if you like.
Chuz-Life
Posts: 1,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 4:26:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
What do you think about liberals?

The first thing that comes to mind is how repulsive liberals are. How reluctant they are to concede a point on anything when a point has been clearly made. How hypocritical they are when they claim to be the defenders of humanity for things like whales dolphins and trees, while they militantly deny humanity to actual human children in the womb. I am repulsed by the ignorance of the vast majority of liberals as they demand that the "rich" pay more in taxes as though they are unaware of how that burden will result in higher costs and prices to the poor. I am repulsed by the way liberals believe that government can be and even should be trusted with even more of our money than it already takes from us. Liberals continually seek short term gains for personal satisfaction with blind indifference to the long term effects of their policies. They are oblivious as to how social programs and policies undermine the basic family structure and by extension our society as a whole.

Liberalism is a cancer to our society and to our nation. I get angry at myself for trying to save them from their own ignorance.
"Sooner or later, the Supreme Court of the Unites States is going to have explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under our fetal homicide laws but how they are not persons enough to qualify for any other Constitutional protections" ~ Chuz Life

http://www.debate.org...
wsmunit7
Posts: 1,318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 6:03:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/19/2015 6:37:40 PM, YYW wrote:
Liberals are all communists who want to destroy 'Murica. And if you disagree with me, Ricky Bobby's cougar will hunt you down.

Lol lol lol!!!

Are you applying to replace Jon Stewart?
Chang29
Posts: 732
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 6:07:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/20/2015 8:07:21 AM, briantheliberal wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:32:53 AM, Chang29 wrote:
Liberals believe in punishing most to protect a few.

Examples?

These liberal top down policy ideas can not stand up to any challenge, (yet conservatives fail). Then, liberals immediately turn to name calling in defense of their ideas.

Again, examples? Speaking from personal experience any time I see a liberal, including myself, turn to name-calling it's because conservatives ALWAYS end up using circular logic and confirmation bias, and repeating the same flawed ideas over and over to defend your ideas while being condescending and subtly disrespectful, then acting like you are innocent when a liberal points out your ignorance. You can't argue with those who cannot, which is frustrating and annoying. Don't act like conservatives don't go around calling people they don't agree with "libtards" and "perverts" etc... Because I see it all the time.

Here are just a few examples of liberal name calling when bringing up objections to liberal ideas, first is always racist, sexist, or homophobic about most issues. Then bigot, uneducated, and neanderthal are used.

This thread is about liberals, not conservatives. Conservatives have their own set of issues.
A free market anti-capitalist

If it can be de-centralized, it will be de-centralized.
briantheliberal
Posts: 722
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 6:31:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/20/2015 6:07:14 PM, Chang29 wrote:
At 2/20/2015 8:07:21 AM, briantheliberal wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:32:53 AM, Chang29 wrote:
Liberals believe in punishing most to protect a few.

Examples?

These liberal top down policy ideas can not stand up to any challenge, (yet conservatives fail). Then, liberals immediately turn to name calling in defense of their ideas.

Again, examples? Speaking from personal experience any time I see a liberal, including myself, turn to name-calling it's because conservatives ALWAYS end up using circular logic and confirmation bias, and repeating the same flawed ideas over and over to defend your ideas while being condescending and subtly disrespectful, then acting like you are innocent when a liberal points out your ignorance. You can't argue with those who cannot, which is frustrating and annoying. Don't act like conservatives don't go around calling people they don't agree with "libtards" and "perverts" etc... Because I see it all the time.

Here are just a few examples of liberal name calling when bringing up objections to liberal ideas, first is always racist, sexist, or homophobic about most issues. Then bigot, uneducated, and neanderthal are used.

This thread is about liberals, not conservatives. Conservatives have their own set of issues.

Oh just like how conservatives call everyone who doesn't agree with them "libtard", hippy, pervert, heathen, immoral, freak, socialist, baby killer, communist etc..?
Chang29
Posts: 732
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 6:33:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/20/2015 8:15:22 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:32:53 AM, Chang29 wrote:
Liberals believe in punishing most to protect a few.
What does this even mean?

Liberal focus on groups, not on individual freedom. Example women's salary, each woman worker negotiated her own pay, not as a group. Liberals want laws that punish every employer to assist a few, yet will hurt the group they intend to protect most. Women that are willing to do the same job for less money, have a competitive advantage over stubborn men. Any law correcting the lower pay of women, will take away their competitive advantage. The liberal response will be to call me a sexist. The liberal argument of protecting women's rights sounds great for a group yet, harm every individual.

And, are you suggesting there is no benefit derived from protecting these few?

If their person or property have been violated yes, but anything else no.

These liberal top down policy ideas can not stand up to any challenge, (yet conservatives fail).
Blanket statements are always true, so I can't refute.

The liberal central planning ideas, an example is federal education mandates like no child left behind and common core (YES, no child left behind was a liberal idea with compassionate conservative backing). This top down ideas were not even challenged.

Then, liberals immediately turn to name calling in defense of their ideas.
Um, okay.
I don't bsh1 or YYW calling me names when they argue with me.
It wholly depends on the liberal, and depends on how civil the opposition is too.

Liberals will go to name calling just as fast, but we are talking about about liberals here, not conservatives.
A free market anti-capitalist

If it can be de-centralized, it will be de-centralized.
YYW
Posts: 36,263
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 6:45:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/20/2015 6:03:58 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
At 2/19/2015 6:37:40 PM, YYW wrote:
Liberals are all communists who want to destroy 'Murica. And if you disagree with me, Ricky Bobby's cougar will hunt you down.

Lol lol lol!!!

Are you applying to replace Jon Stewart?

lol dude I wish.... he has a dream job... or at least he had one...
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Posts: 36,263
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 6:46:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/20/2015 4:02:25 PM, debate_power wrote:
At 2/19/2015 6:37:40 PM, YYW wrote:
Liberals are all communists who want to destroy 'Murica. And if you disagree with me, Ricky Bobby's cougar will hunt you down.

I disagree with yew

I called Ricky Bobby.... the cougar is gonna find you.
Tsar of DDO
Chang29
Posts: 732
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 6:52:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/20/2015 6:31:39 PM, briantheliberal wrote:
At 2/20/2015 6:07:14 PM, Chang29 wrote:
At 2/20/2015 8:07:21 AM, briantheliberal wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:32:53 AM, Chang29 wrote:
Liberals believe in punishing most to protect a few.

Examples?

These liberal top down policy ideas can not stand up to any challenge, (yet conservatives fail). Then, liberals immediately turn to name calling in defense of their ideas.

Again, examples? Speaking from personal experience any time I see a liberal, including myself, turn to name-calling it's because conservatives ALWAYS end up using circular logic and confirmation bias, and repeating the same flawed ideas over and over to defend your ideas while being condescending and subtly disrespectful, then acting like you are innocent when a liberal points out your ignorance. You can't argue with those who cannot, which is frustrating and annoying. Don't act like conservatives don't go around calling people they don't agree with "libtards" and "perverts" etc... Because I see it all the time.

Here are just a few examples of liberal name calling when bringing up objections to liberal ideas, first is always racist, sexist, or homophobic about most issues. Then bigot, uneducated, and neanderthal are used.

This thread is about liberals, not conservatives. Conservatives have their own set of issues.

Oh just like how conservatives call everyone who doesn't agree with them "libtard", hippy, pervert, heathen, immoral, freak, socialist, baby killer, communist etc..?

I am not defending conservatives, I too have been called everyone of those with the exception of socialist or communist, by both liberals and conservatives. Try having a view of not imposing one person's view on any other person, all sides especially liberals will go to name calling. Here is an example, a statement like the one below, will trigger a liberal's racist, or sexist response, then transitions into an indefensible liberal idea of "fair", with by using heartless or uncaring.

For equality and ending political favors, every American resident should pay an equal amount of federal taxes, example every resident pay only a yearly federal tax of a set amount say $2,000 with no deductions or exemptions.
A free market anti-capitalist

If it can be de-centralized, it will be de-centralized.
Bennett91
Posts: 4,205
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 6:53:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/20/2015 6:46:23 PM, YYW wrote:
At 2/20/2015 4:02:25 PM, debate_power wrote:
At 2/19/2015 6:37:40 PM, YYW wrote:
Liberals are all communists who want to destroy 'Murica. And if you disagree with me, Ricky Bobby's cougar will hunt you down.

I disagree with yew

I called Ricky Bobby.... the cougar is gonna find you.

I'll pray to dear lord baby jesus to protect him! and Jesus is gonna come at you like a spider monkey!
briantheliberal
Posts: 722
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 6:54:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/20/2015 6:33:10 PM, Chang29 wrote:
At 2/20/2015 8:15:22 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:32:53 AM, Chang29 wrote:
Liberals believe in punishing most to protect a few.
What does this even mean?

Liberal focus on groups, not on individual freedom. Example women's salary, each woman worker negotiated her own pay, not as a group. Liberals want laws that punish every employer to assist a few, yet will hurt the group they intend to protect most. Women that are willing to do the same job for less money, have a competitive advantage over stubborn men. Any law correcting the lower pay of women, will take away their competitive advantage. The liberal response will be to call me a sexist. The liberal argument of protecting women's rights sounds great for a group yet, harm every individual.

That isn't true, and your ignorance on liberal beliefs is exactly why I cannot take you seriously. I am a liberal, and I do not believe women as a group should be entitled to higher pay, I believe both women and men should be offered the same initial amount when starting off, then they should be responsible to negotiate a raise in their salary. I wouldn't call you a sexist if that is what you actually believed, but it's not. And whether you like it or not individuals are apart of groups and it would be unrealistic to think that, as a society, we can focus on the issues of every individual. Also for someone who claims to dislike groups, conservatives sure have a group mentality.

And, are you suggesting there is no benefit derived from protecting these few?

If their person or property have been violated yes, but anything else no.

What does that even mean?

These liberal top down policy ideas can not stand up to any challenge, (yet conservatives fail).
Blanket statements are always true, so I can't refute.

The liberal central planning ideas, an example is federal education mandates like no child left behind and common core (YES, no child left behind was a liberal idea with compassionate conservative backing). This top down ideas were not even challenged.

The no child left behind idea was enacted by both liberals and conservatives but was signed into law by former President Bush.

Then, liberals immediately turn to name calling in defense of their ideas.
Um, okay.
I don't bsh1 or YYW calling me names when they argue with me.
It wholly depends on the liberal, and depends on how civil the opposition is too.

Liberals will go to name calling just as fast, but we are talking about about liberals here, not conservatives.

But the point is, conservatives also name call, more so than liberals. The problem is that conservatives are so in denial when someone points out their discriminatory ideologies that being called a racist, sexist, homophobe, when you say and do racist, sexist and homophobic things, offends you. You want to act like a racist, sexist homophobe, but you don't want to be called a racist, sexist homophobe. You want to attack and judge liberals for the same exact things you are guilty of.
Chang29
Posts: 732
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 7:19:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/20/2015 6:54:00 PM, briantheliberal wrote:
At 2/20/2015 6:33:10 PM, Chang29 wrote:
At 2/20/2015 8:15:22 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/20/2015 3:32:53 AM, Chang29 wrote:
Liberals believe in punishing most to protect a few.
What does this even mean?

Liberal focus on groups, not on individual freedom. Example women's salary, each woman worker negotiated her own pay, not as a group. Liberals want laws that punish every employer to assist a few, yet will hurt the group they intend to protect most. Women that are willing to do the same job for less money, have a competitive advantage over stubborn men. Any law correcting the lower pay of women, will take away their competitive advantage. The liberal response will be to call me a sexist. The liberal argument of protecting women's rights sounds great for a group yet, harm every individual.

That isn't true, and your ignorance on liberal beliefs is exactly why I cannot take you seriously. I am a liberal, and I do not believe women as a group should be entitled to higher pay, I believe both women and men should be offered the same initial amount when starting off, then they should be responsible to negotiate a raise in their salary. I wouldn't call you a sexist if that is what you actually believed, but it's not. And whether you like it or not individuals are apart of groups and it would be unrealistic to think that, as a society, we can focus on the issues of every individual. Also for someone who claims to dislike groups, conservatives sure have a group mentality.

And, are you suggesting there is no benefit derived from protecting these few?

If their person or property have been violated yes, but anything else no.

What does that even mean?

Simple basic property rights. If one person causes harm to another is all the protections that America needs, not protection people because of a group affiliation.

These liberal top down policy ideas can not stand up to any challenge, (yet conservatives fail).
Blanket statements are always true, so I can't refute.

The liberal central planning ideas, an example is federal education mandates like no child left behind and common core (YES, no child left behind was a liberal idea with compassionate conservative backing). This top down ideas were not even challenged.

The no child left behind idea was enacted by both liberals and conservatives but was signed into law by former President Bush.

Regardless of the president, the idea was liberal. Ideas that expand federal power and erode state sovereignty are liberal.


Then, liberals immediately turn to name calling in defense of their ideas.
Um, okay.
I don't bsh1 or YYW calling me names when they argue with me.
It wholly depends on the liberal, and depends on how civil the opposition is too.

Liberals will go to name calling just as fast, but we are talking about about liberals here, not conservatives.

But the point is, conservatives also name call, more so than liberals. The problem is that conservatives are so in denial when someone points out their discriminatory ideologies that being called a racist, sexist, homophobe, when you say and do racist, sexist and homophobic things, offends you. You want to act like a racist, sexist homophobe, but you don't want to be called a racist, sexist homophobe. You want to attack and judge liberals for the same exact things you are guilty of.

Nice attempt at justification of name calling. Your above statement demonstrates how liberals attempt to shut down debate with name calling. Opposing liberals is not racist, sexist and homophobic.
A free market anti-capitalist

If it can be de-centralized, it will be de-centralized.
wsmunit7
Posts: 1,318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 7:37:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/20/2015 6:45:52 PM, YYW wrote:
At 2/20/2015 6:03:58 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
At 2/19/2015 6:37:40 PM, YYW wrote:
Liberals are all communists who want to destroy 'Murica. And if you disagree with me, Ricky Bobby's cougar will hunt you down.

Lol lol lol!!!

Are you applying to replace Jon Stewart?

lol dude I wish.... he has a dream job... or at least he had one...

They never fail to provide new material. I seems like they are in competition to see who can make the biggest a$$ out of themselves.
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,070
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 7:38:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/19/2015 5:21:21 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
I am just wondering.

Well, I disagree with some of what they believe and I agree with other stuff.
For instance, I am vehemently opposed to abortion and I would like to see it abolished. I also believe that contraceptives (those which are not abortifacients, that is) are immoral, but they should be allowed. However, employers should have the right to choose not to provide their employees with contraceptives. I believe that gay marriage is immoral, but that it should be allowed in the United States, provided that Christians involved in wedding-related businesses have the right to opt out of providing services for gay weddings which they disagree with without risking unemployment (unless the business in question specifically caters to gay weddings, lol). This includes ministers and the likes.
I believe that there should be a Free Market (with some regulations, but not a lot). Liberals often put an emphasis on the wealth of rich people, whenever they should rather be focused on the poor people's condition. That is, as long as it doesn't result in people being more poor, it doesn't matter how rich somebody is compared to the rest of the population.

For instance, let's say that the Republic of Republica has a Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of 1,000,000,000 (one billion) dollars in 2008. One man, Richy McMillions, the richest man in that nation, is worth 700,000,000 (700 million) dollars. The remaining 30,000 people in the nation are worth 10,000 dollars each (on average). Richy controls 70% of the nation's wealth.
Fast forward to 2012. The Republic of Republica has a GDP of 2 Billion dollars. Richy now is worth 1.6 billion dollars. That means 400,000,000 (400 million) dollars remain in the hands of the people. It was 300 million dollars last time, so they are better off, even though Richy's percentage of the share of total wealth is now 80% instead of 70%.

Anyway, Liberals are concerned about guns and seek gun control. I disagree with this; though many people die from gun-related violent crimes and accidents, these criminals are the minority of gun owners, and I do not think that they (most gun owners) should be punished for the actions of a few.
Liberals are also concerned about illegal immigration. I think the immigration process should be made simpler and immigration quotas should be relaxed, a freefall of countless unregistered immigrants across an open border should not be allowed.

Basically I mostly disagree with Liberals. However, they do mean well.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
briantheliberal
Posts: 722
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 7:49:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Liberals will go to name calling just as fast, but we are talking about about liberals here, not conservatives.

But the point is, conservatives also name call, more so than liberals. The problem is that conservatives are so in denial when someone points out their discriminatory ideologies that being called a racist, sexist, homophobe, when you say and do racist, sexist and homophobic things, offends you. You want to act like a racist, sexist homophobe, but you don't want to be called a racist, sexist homophobe. You want to attack and judge liberals for the same exact things you are guilty of.

Nice attempt at justification of name calling. Your above statement demonstrates how liberals attempt to shut down debate with name calling. Opposing liberals is not racist, sexist and homophobic.

I didn't justify anything. I said both groups name-call but from my observations, conservatives do it more often than liberals. Also calling you a racist, sexist, homophobe isn't name-calling if you actually are a racist, sexist homophobe. That was the point I was trying to make. You can't say overtly discriminatory things, then when a liberals points them out you accuse them of name-calling because you don't want to be held responsible for your hatred. And by falsely accusing all liberals of name-calling, you are no better.
phiLockeraptor
Posts: 233
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 8:00:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/19/2015 5:21:21 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
I am just wqondering.

Anyone who believes in any sort of Western society is technically a "liberal".

Republicans and Democrats are both liberal

It's a broader term than you think
"Philosophy is a great conversation that never ends"

Writing for this website ----> www.dailyfreethinker.com
Chang29
Posts: 732
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 9:37:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/20/2015 7:49:49 PM, briantheliberal wrote:
Liberals will go to name calling just as fast, but we are talking about about liberals here, not conservatives.

But the point is, conservatives also name call, more so than liberals. The problem is that conservatives are so in denial when someone points out their discriminatory ideologies that being called a racist, sexist, homophobe, when you say and do racist, sexist and homophobic things, offends you. You want to act like a racist, sexist homophobe, but you don't want to be called a racist, sexist homophobe. You want to attack and judge liberals for the same exact things you are guilty of.

Nice attempt at justification of name calling. Your above statement demonstrates how liberals attempt to shut down debate with name calling. Opposing liberals is not racist, sexist and homophobic.

I didn't justify anything. I said both groups name-call but from my observations, conservatives do it more often than liberals. Also calling you a racist, sexist, homophobe isn't name-calling if you actually are a racist, sexist homophobe. That was the point I was trying to make. You can't say overtly discriminatory things, then when a liberals points them out you accuse them of name-calling because you don't want to be held responsible for your hatred. And by falsely accusing all liberals of name-calling, you are no better.

Liberal use terms like racist, sexist, and homophobic, to keep people from talking. To liberals people that oppose them are automatically racist, sexist, or homophobic. A person can oppose welfare without being racist, a person can oppose females in combat without being sexist or misogynist , and a person can oppose government condoning sexual behavior without being homophobic. Liberals must demonize their opposition, since their views can not stand up to objective scrutiny.
A free market anti-capitalist

If it can be de-centralized, it will be de-centralized.
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 10:50:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/19/2015 5:21:21 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
I am just wqondering.

Their hearts are in the right places on social issues, but they are weak on fiscal issues and use the power of whining and 'tolerating' to gain political power. Not much any different then conservatives.
briantheliberal
Posts: 722
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 10:53:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/20/2015 9:37:30 PM, Chang29 wrote:
At 2/20/2015 7:49:49 PM, briantheliberal wrote:
Liberals will go to name calling just as fast, but we are talking about about liberals here, not conservatives.

But the point is, conservatives also name call, more so than liberals. The problem is that conservatives are so in denial when someone points out their discriminatory ideologies that being called a racist, sexist, homophobe, when you say and do racist, sexist and homophobic things, offends you. You want to act like a racist, sexist homophobe, but you don't want to be called a racist, sexist homophobe. You want to attack and judge liberals for the same exact things you are guilty of.

Nice attempt at justification of name calling. Your above statement demonstrates how liberals attempt to shut down debate with name calling. Opposing liberals is not racist, sexist and homophobic.

I didn't justify anything. I said both groups name-call but from my observations, conservatives do it more often than liberals. Also calling you a racist, sexist, homophobe isn't name-calling if you actually are a racist, sexist homophobe. That was the point I was trying to make. You can't say overtly discriminatory things, then when a liberals points them out you accuse them of name-calling because you don't want to be held responsible for your hatred. And by falsely accusing all liberals of name-calling, you are no better.

Liberal use terms like racist, sexist, and homophobic, to keep people from talking.

Oh really? So liberals just scream "homophobe" at anyone who disagrees with them huh? Do you realize how ridiculous you sound?

To liberals people that oppose them are automatically racist, sexist, or homophobic.

Another ridiculous stereotype and generalization. It seems you have a problem with something I'd like to call cognitive dissonance, like every other conservative who says this bs. The thing is that conservatives are KNOWN for saying racist, sexist and homophobic things, maybe when that stops, no one would have to point out your bigotry to you and you won't be so offended by it.

A person can oppose welfare without being racist, a person can oppose females in combat without being sexist or misogynist , and a person can oppose government condoning sexual behavior without being homophobic. Liberals must demonize their opposition, since their views can not stand up to objective scrutiny.

Liberals don't call you racist for opposing welfare, liberals call you racist because you assume all minorities rely on welfare, accuse them all of being lazy and stupid. Liberals call you sexists because your opposition to women in combat implies you believe women are lesser than men and therefore not able to serve their country just as effectively as men. Liberals call you homophobic because you believe people should be discriminated against because of their sexual orientation. You have no real reasons outside of your biased, ignorant views to believe what you do, but god forbid a liberal calls you WHAT YOU ARE, you get offended and accuse them of "name calling" because you can't stand the look of your own reflection. If you don't want to be called a racist, sexist homophobe, how about not acting like a racist, sexist homophobe?
Varrack
Posts: 2,410
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 11:42:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/19/2015 5:21:21 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
I am just wqondering.

I think some liberals are awesome and friendly people, but some not so much. I think that disliking someone just because of their political ideology is wrong, and that it shouldn't be a factor in a friendship with someone. I disagree with liberals on many political issues so it's really liberalism that I'm not a fan of. I recognize you as someone who is honestly seeking truth - if you'd like to PM me sometime to talk about political issues than feel free to do so - I have some pretty strong reasons for my beliefs.