Who Is Your Favorite 2 Presidents

comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 8:57:27 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
And why?

Mine are George Washington and Thomas Jefferson?

George Washington- Courage, integrity, and for taking charge in a day of need!
Thomas Jefferson- Brilliance, Politics, and for what he stood for!
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 9:05:40 PM
At 7/10/2010 9:03:15 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
Presidents don't is. They are.

I know, but the subject by which they are favored are here in the present; therefore they are still favored today, granting a present tense.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 9:07:51 PM

ohhh, I see what you mean. I wrote it quickly and had trouble fitting in with the letter limit.

mybad to all and you, poejoe
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 9:09:58 PM
I'm not a fan of any of the presidents but the two I least dislike are Thomas Jefferson and FDR.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 9:10:27 PM
At 7/10/2010 9:05:40 PM, comoncents wrote:

I know, but the subject by which they are favored are here in the present; therefore they are still favored today, granting a present tense.

Huh? Both "is" and "are" are in the present tense. The past tense versions of "to be" are "was" and "were." I'm not sure what you think I think is the mistake.

What I meat was, you asked for our two favorite presidents. That's presidents. So, you need to ask, "Who are your favorite two presidents?"
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 9:12:56 PM
At 7/10/2010 9:10:27 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
Huh? Both "is" and "are" are in the present tense. The past tense versions of "to be" are "was" and "were." I'm not sure what you think I think is the mistake.

What I meat was, you asked for our two favorite presidents. That's presidents. So, you need to ask, "Who are your favorite two presidents?"

What meat?
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 9:13:05 PM
Lol. Didn't you just make this thread a couple months ago?
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 9:14:27 PM
At 7/10/2010 9:13:05 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Here it is: http://www.debate.org...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 9:14:34 PM
At 7/10/2010 9:05:40 PM, comoncents wrote:

I got it. I am watching a show and am a little distracted. My bad.

If you look I corrected my rebuke after I realized my hastiness.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 9:16:44 PM

I think so but it was top 5 and hard to explain why. I narrowed it down so people could explain.
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 9:17:27 PM
At 7/10/2010 9:12:56 PM, Nags wrote:

What meat?

Haha. Whoops.

I meant, "What I meant was..."
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 9:18:40 PM
At 7/10/2010 9:09:58 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I'm not a fan of any of the presidents but the two I least dislike are Thomas Jefferson and FDR.

Why Thomas Jefferson?

(I understand FDR without mentioning)
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 9:21:12 PM
At 7/10/2010 9:14:27 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Your right.

I change my argument to reflect reasoning because times change and people left out the "Why" part.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 9:21:39 PM
At 7/10/2010 9:18:40 PM, comoncents wrote:

Why Thomas Jefferson?

An extremely revolutionary man for his time. One of the critiques of the Constitution. Anti-slavery. Supported public education. Fervently anti-religious.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 9:26:24 PM
At 7/10/2010 9:21:39 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 7/10/2010 9:18:40 PM, comoncents wrote:

Why Thomas Jefferson?

An extremely revolutionary man for his time.

A reason I like him.

One of the critiques of the Constitution.

In good ways if you ask me.

Anti-slavery.

Pro liberty for all men.

Supported public education.

Through private funds unless a state deemed itself sufficient enough to help.
(the politics I love him for)

Fervently anti-religious.

Well... Anti institution of religion as he saw how the Church of England went about.
He believed in his own form of belief that included a Creator.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 9:36:44 PM
At 7/10/2010 9:21:12 PM, comoncents wrote:
At 7/10/2010 9:14:27 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Your right.

I change my argument to reflect reasoning because times change and people left out the "Why" part.

Ah, gotcha. Understandable.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 9:42:50 PM
At 7/10/2010 9:26:24 PM, comoncents wrote:

Well... Anti institution of religion as he saw how the Church of England went about.

"Christianity is the most perverted system that ever shone on man."

"In every country and every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot"

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear."

"Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined, imprisoned; yet we have not advanced an inch towards uniformity. What has been the effects of coercion? To make one half of the world fools, and the other half hypocrites. To support roguery and error all over the Earth."

"It is too late in the day for men of sincerity to pretend they believe in the Platonic mysticisms that three are one, and one is three; and yet that the one is not three, and the three are not one. But this constitutes the craft, the power and the profit of the priests."

"History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purpose."

"On the dogmas of religion, as distinguished from moral principles, all mankind, from the beginning of the world to this day, have been quarreling, fighting, burning and torturing one another, for abstractions unintelligible to themselves and to all others, and absolutely beyond the comprehension of the human mind."

It's a wonder how he ever got elected.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 9:48:06 PM
At 7/10/2010 9:42:50 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 7/10/2010 9:26:24 PM, comoncents wrote:

"Christianity is the most perverted system that ever shone on man."

"In every country and every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot"

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear."

"Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined, imprisoned; yet we have not advanced an inch towards uniformity. What has been the effects of coercion? To make one half of the world fools, and the other half hypocrites. To support roguery and error all over the Earth."

"It is too late in the day for men of sincerity to pretend they believe in the Platonic mysticisms that three are one, and one is three; and yet that the one is not three, and the three are not one. But this constitutes the craft, the power and the profit of the priests."

"History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purpose."

"On the dogmas of religion, as distinguished from moral principles, all mankind, from the beginning of the world to this day, have been quarreling, fighting, burning and torturing one another, for abstractions unintelligible to themselves and to all others, and absolutely beyond the comprehension of the human mind."

It's a wonder how he ever got elected.

I know what he said but what I said is not disputed in your quotes.

I did not say that he was a Christian or that he loved Jesus.
He believed what he believed and felt it sufficient enough; he did still believe in a Creator.

I share a lot of his doubt and attitude towards religion.
Religion is good for the moral of some but it has done just as much harm to others.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2010 9:52:15 PM
At 7/10/2010 9:49:08 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Wasn't Thomas Jefferson Deist?

If you had to classify him than that would be the closest.
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2010 7:14:27 PM
Who is your favorite 2 turd sandwiches?
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2010 7:18:59 PM
At 7/11/2010 7:14:27 PM, Reasoning wrote:
Who is your favorite 2 turd sandwiches?

Who will take our votes? Turd Sandwich or Douchebag? ;)
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 3:09:46 AM
1.) Richard Nixon - because he and I have similar personalities.
2.) Theodore Roosevelt - because he's a bad*ss
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 8:15:54 AM
At 7/11/2010 3:19:34 PM, cjl wrote:
Lincoln-Did the job well in not so well tmes

Started a war.

Obama-history maker, and not to bad at it either (most of the time)

Enlarged a war.

Do you like war?
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 8:19:34 AM
At 7/12/2010 3:09:46 AM, Korashk wrote:
1.) Richard Nixon - because he and I have similar personalities.

So, your crazy huh?

(jk)

2.) Theodore Roosevelt - because he's a bad*ss

I hated his Moderate positions.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2010 8:55:33 AM
George Washington- Courage, integrity, and for taking charge in a day of need!
Thomas Jefferson- Brilliance, Politics, and for what he stood for!:

It's a lot more comprehensive than you think, and they weren't always as honorable as they're portrayed. While I love Jeffersonian politics too, he also was a philanderer that cheated on his wife with a slave of his. Just like they don't teach stoning in Sunday school, they don't teach about the failings of the Founders or their bitter rivalries with one another in grade school. Forgive me, but your reasons sound a little elementary.

John Adams, who Jefferson beat during Adam's second run, never owned a slave ever, and had the revolutionary belief (at that time) that slavery was a barbarous.

I'm going to TENTATIVELY go with John Adams and Calvin Coolidge. As for most overrated presidents: FDR and Abraham Lincoln
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)