Total Posts:11|Showing Posts:1-11
Jump to topic:

Ridiculous Laws

ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 12:58:21 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
The Terrorist organization known as "Government" has issued Laws in its cities. What laws you ask? The kind that set up horror. Georgia has a law where schools are allowed to set mandatory prayers and the students who refuse to participate are sent into the halls. Mississippi has issued a special privelage law where church bus drivers are not required to have a license to drive buses and semi trucks, which means they skip a course that can help save lives when they need to learn driving a bus is not like driving a car because you have wider blind spots and a ton of people on board.

Any comments or opinions?
Chang29
Posts: 732
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 6:51:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
More ridiculous laws, almost every state require vehicle operators to wear seat belts, and use child car seats. Federal government maintains authority to take one person"s property and transfer it to another by threat of force. Local governments will seize property for refusal to fund failed local school systems. Federal laws require officers to inspect a US citizen"s papers during re-entry to America, plus question citizens about activities while abroad and search baggage without probable cause.
A free market anti-capitalist

If it can be de-centralized, it will be de-centralized.
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 9:44:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/23/2015 2:35:24 AM, Praesentya wrote:
What does 'terrorist' mean to you?

It means what it means. And the Taliban is the Tea Party Conservatives. A terrorist installs terror.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 8:25:56 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/23/2015 12:58:21 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
The Terrorist organization known as "Government" has issued Laws in its cities. What laws you ask? The kind that set up horror. Georgia has a law where schools are allowed to set mandatory prayers and the students who refuse to participate are sent into the halls. Mississippi has issued a special privelage law where church bus drivers are not required to have a license to drive buses and semi trucks, which means they skip a course that can help save lives when they need to learn driving a bus is not like driving a car because you have wider blind spots and a ton of people on board.

Any comments or opinions?

Are you suggesting that the government should be exercising EVEN MORE force in controlling others?
My work here is, finally, done.
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 8:36:26 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/24/2015 8:25:56 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/23/2015 12:58:21 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
The Terrorist organization known as "Government" has issued Laws in its cities. What laws you ask? The kind that set up horror. Georgia has a law where schools are allowed to set mandatory prayers and the students who refuse to participate are sent into the halls. Mississippi has issued a special privelage law where church bus drivers are not required to have a license to drive buses and semi trucks, which means they skip a course that can help save lives when they need to learn driving a bus is not like driving a car because you have wider blind spots and a ton of people on board.

Any comments or opinions?

Are you suggesting that the government should be exercising EVEN MORE force in controlling others?

I am suggesting it should not control anybody. I'm just saying these are more reasons because they are enforcing stupid laws.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 8:39:12 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/24/2015 8:36:26 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/24/2015 8:25:56 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/23/2015 12:58:21 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
The Terrorist organization known as "Government" has issued Laws in its cities. What laws you ask? The kind that set up horror. Georgia has a law where schools are allowed to set mandatory prayers and the students who refuse to participate are sent into the halls. Mississippi has issued a special privelage law where church bus drivers are not required to have a license to drive buses and semi trucks, which means they skip a course that can help save lives when they need to learn driving a bus is not like driving a car because you have wider blind spots and a ton of people on board.

Any comments or opinions?

Are you suggesting that the government should be exercising EVEN MORE force in controlling others?

I am suggesting it should not control anybody. I'm just saying these are more reasons because they are enforcing stupid laws.

But the laws you cite are actually ones that allow freedom.
An outright ban of prayer in schools, and a requirement for a bus driver, is more control over the community.

Sure, they may be foolish laws, especially the second, but to say that exceptions that grant freedom to some is the antithesis to your point.
My work here is, finally, done.
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 9:02:02 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/24/2015 8:39:12 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/24/2015 8:36:26 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/24/2015 8:25:56 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/23/2015 12:58:21 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
The Terrorist organization known as "Government" has issued Laws in its cities. What laws you ask? The kind that set up horror. Georgia has a law where schools are allowed to set mandatory prayers and the students who refuse to participate are sent into the halls. Mississippi has issued a special privelage law where church bus drivers are not required to have a license to drive buses and semi trucks, which means they skip a course that can help save lives when they need to learn driving a bus is not like driving a car because you have wider blind spots and a ton of people on board.

Any comments or opinions?

Are you suggesting that the government should be exercising EVEN MORE force in controlling others?

I am suggesting it should not control anybody. I'm just saying these are more reasons because they are enforcing stupid laws.

But the laws you cite are actually ones that allow freedom.
An outright ban of prayer in schools, and a requirement for a bus driver, is more control over the community.

Sure, they may be foolish laws, especially the second, but to say that exceptions that grant freedom to some is the antithesis to your point.

Why do we need laws for these? Why must we pay for the classes? Why must a school force you to believe a certain religion?
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 9:14:34 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/24/2015 9:02:02 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/24/2015 8:39:12 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/24/2015 8:36:26 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/24/2015 8:25:56 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/23/2015 12:58:21 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
The Terrorist organization known as "Government" has issued Laws in its cities. What laws you ask? The kind that set up horror. Georgia has a law where schools are allowed to set mandatory prayers and the students who refuse to participate are sent into the halls. Mississippi has issued a special privelage law where church bus drivers are not required to have a license to drive buses and semi trucks, which means they skip a course that can help save lives when they need to learn driving a bus is not like driving a car because you have wider blind spots and a ton of people on board.

Any comments or opinions?

Are you suggesting that the government should be exercising EVEN MORE force in controlling others?

I am suggesting it should not control anybody. I'm just saying these are more reasons because they are enforcing stupid laws.

But the laws you cite are actually ones that allow freedom.
An outright ban of prayer in schools, and a requirement for a bus driver, is more control over the community.

Sure, they may be foolish laws, especially the second, but to say that exceptions that grant freedom to some is the antithesis to your point.

Why do we need laws for these? Why must we pay for the classes? Why must a school force you to believe a certain religion?

First, the school is not forcing you to believe anything.
Second, regardless of how you feel about the laws, the fact is the very laws you bring up in the OP are exceptions to laws, which means there is room for more control, and complaining about the exceptions implies you want more control.

Complain about laws that actually address your points. You want to say that requiring a drivers license at all is oppressive and tyrannical, than say so. Don't complain about a law that allows an exception to the very law you complain shouldn't be enforced. (even though you imply in the OP that there are merits to said laws)
So, what are you arguing, exactly: The inconsistency of the exception, or the existence of the requirement in the first place?
My work here is, finally, done.
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 9:22:56 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/24/2015 9:14:34 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/24/2015 9:02:02 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/24/2015 8:39:12 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/24/2015 8:36:26 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/24/2015 8:25:56 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/23/2015 12:58:21 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
The Terrorist organization known as "Government" has issued Laws in its cities. What laws you ask? The kind that set up horror. Georgia has a law where schools are allowed to set mandatory prayers and the students who refuse to participate are sent into the halls. Mississippi has issued a special privelage law where church bus drivers are not required to have a license to drive buses and semi trucks, which means they skip a course that can help save lives when they need to learn driving a bus is not like driving a car because you have wider blind spots and a ton of people on board.

Any comments or opinions?

Are you suggesting that the government should be exercising EVEN MORE force in controlling others?

I am suggesting it should not control anybody. I'm just saying these are more reasons because they are enforcing stupid laws.

But the laws you cite are actually ones that allow freedom.
An outright ban of prayer in schools, and a requirement for a bus driver, is more control over the community.

Sure, they may be foolish laws, especially the second, but to say that exceptions that grant freedom to some is the antithesis to your point.

Why do we need laws for these? Why must we pay for the classes? Why must a school force you to believe a certain religion?

First, the school is not forcing you to believe anything.
Second, regardless of how you feel about the laws, the fact is the very laws you bring up in the OP are exceptions to laws, which means there is room for more control, and complaining about the exceptions implies you want more control.

Complain about laws that actually address your points. You want to say that requiring a drivers license at all is oppressive and tyrannical, than say so. Don't complain about a law that allows an exception to the very law you complain shouldn't be enforced. (even though you imply in the OP that there are merits to said laws)
So, what are you arguing, exactly: The inconsistency of the exception, or the existence of the requirement in the first place?

I'm arguing our society be like Christiania or Slab City.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 9:40:53 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/24/2015 9:22:56 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/24/2015 9:14:34 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/24/2015 9:02:02 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/24/2015 8:39:12 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/24/2015 8:36:26 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 2/24/2015 8:25:56 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/23/2015 12:58:21 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
The Terrorist organization known as "Government" has issued Laws in its cities. What laws you ask? The kind that set up horror. Georgia has a law where schools are allowed to set mandatory prayers and the students who refuse to participate are sent into the halls. Mississippi has issued a special privelage law where church bus drivers are not required to have a license to drive buses and semi trucks, which means they skip a course that can help save lives when they need to learn driving a bus is not like driving a car because you have wider blind spots and a ton of people on board.

Any comments or opinions?

Are you suggesting that the government should be exercising EVEN MORE force in controlling others?

I am suggesting it should not control anybody. I'm just saying these are more reasons because they are enforcing stupid laws.

But the laws you cite are actually ones that allow freedom.
An outright ban of prayer in schools, and a requirement for a bus driver, is more control over the community.

Sure, they may be foolish laws, especially the second, but to say that exceptions that grant freedom to some is the antithesis to your point.

Why do we need laws for these? Why must we pay for the classes? Why must a school force you to believe a certain religion?

First, the school is not forcing you to believe anything.
Second, regardless of how you feel about the laws, the fact is the very laws you bring up in the OP are exceptions to laws, which means there is room for more control, and complaining about the exceptions implies you want more control.

Complain about laws that actually address your points. You want to say that requiring a drivers license at all is oppressive and tyrannical, than say so. Don't complain about a law that allows an exception to the very law you complain shouldn't be enforced. (even though you imply in the OP that there are merits to said laws)
So, what are you arguing, exactly: The inconsistency of the exception, or the existence of the requirement in the first place?

I'm arguing our society be like Christiania or Slab City.

1. The OP doesn't appear to be argueing that.
2. http://law.justia.com...
The Georgia law is not a prayer, but a minute of reflection. So, yes, it could be a silent prayer for the individual, but not led by the teacher.
3. http://www.clarionledger.com...
The Mississippi law is up to 30 people, and applies to mid-sized buses only. I am wagering a mid-sized bus is not much bigger than a 24' moving van that you also don't need a CDL for.
And, for someone who is saying that government should be out of our lives, then pick your poison: bus drivers don't need certification or at least some people don't is progress. Your stance on this appears to be hypocritical, Mr. Anarchist.
My work here is, finally, done.