Jump to topic:

LAPD Incompetent Cowards

ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2015 9:04:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Yet another unarmed man executed by trigger happy cops. The video clearly shows the unarmed victim on the ground and surrounded by about 3-4 officers, with a couple more nearby. Yet apparently half a dozen of LA's finest are not capable of physically restraining a single mentally ill homeless man, and they were so threatened by him lying on the ground, that they feared for their lives and shot him dead.

If you are incapable of holding down or otherwise controlling one homeless dude when there are six of you on the scene, you suck at your job. That man was not a threat to anybody lying on the ground. Those cops are either the biggest pu$$ies ever or they are just using fear as their excuse to kill freely and without consequence.

I'm not even black and I no longer trust the police in this country.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2015 9:08:47 PM
At 3/2/2015 9:04:44 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
Yet another unarmed man executed by trigger happy cops. The video clearly shows the unarmed victim on the ground and surrounded by about 3-4 officers, with a couple more nearby. Yet apparently half a dozen of LA's finest are not capable of physically restraining a single mentally ill homeless man, and they were so threatened by him lying on the ground, that they feared for their lives and shot him dead.

If you are incapable of holding down or otherwise controlling one homeless dude when there are six of you on the scene, you suck at your job. That man was not a threat to anybody lying on the ground. Those cops are either the biggest pu$$ies ever or they are just using fear as their excuse to kill freely and without consequence.

Have you seen this gem?

http://news.yahoo.com...
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2015 9:10:01 PM

The claimed story is that he was on the ground trying to take a police officers gun. If the gun comes back with his finger prints on it, that will confirm the story.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2015 9:14:35 PM
At 3/2/2015 9:08:47 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

Have you seen this gem?

Good lord. I hope everyone who made a statement is going on trial for at least perjury
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2015 9:15:15 PM
At 3/2/2015 9:14:35 PM, ford_prefect wrote:

Have you seen this gem?

Good lord. I hope everyone who made a statement is going on trial for at least perjury

So do I, but I doubt it at this point.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2015 9:15:28 PM

Have you seen this gem?

More proof that witnesses ought not be trusted out right.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2015 9:17:22 PM
At 3/2/2015 9:15:28 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Have you seen this gem?

More proof that witnesses ought not be trusted out right.

Yep, bingo. We also need to stop pretending that law enforcement don't have conflicts of interest when testifying on cases which deal with in-house matters.
- Hilaire Belloc -
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2015 9:21:04 PM
At 3/2/2015 9:10:01 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

The claimed story is that he was on the ground trying to take a police officers gun. If the gun comes back with his finger prints on it, that will confirm the story.

I am aware of what the claimed story is. I also know what I saw in the video, and that was a man who was not in any position to grab a gun or even stand up at the time the shots were fired. I didn't see him reach for a gun but he may have. The poor guy was mentally unstable. That being said, how are these officers not trained to respond to something like that without lethal force? Is it really the only way they know how to deal with things, especially with an entire platoon available? It's sickening to me. If the gun comes back with his prints on it, all that does is prove he touched it at some point. Could have been after he died, before he died, whatever. All I'm saying is, the video shows he Wasn't in position to successfully grab a gun at the moment when he died
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2015 11:14:14 PM
At 3/2/2015 9:21:04 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
At 3/2/2015 9:10:01 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

I am aware of what the claimed story is. I also know what I saw in the video, and that was a man who was not in any position to grab a gun or even stand up at the time the shots were fired. I didn't see him reach for a gun but he may have. The poor guy was mentally unstable. That being said, how are these officers not trained to respond to something like that without lethal force? Is it really the only way they know how to deal with things, especially with an entire platoon available? It's sickening to me. If the gun comes back with his prints on it, all that does is prove he touched it at some point. Could have been after he died, before he died, whatever. All I'm saying is, the video shows he Wasn't in position to successfully grab a gun at the moment when he died

Being surrounded by the police as he was, and struggling to get up, as he was, the odds of him grabbing ANYTHING on the officers, attempting to push them off, attempting to pull them down, etc virtually every direction is going to be in the area of an officer's gun.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 4:16:35 AM
I assume that most police encounters don't happen with video recording.

What worries me is if your a cop you pretty much have a license to kill. Just say these magic words............"he went for my gun"

And absent video recording it's your word against a dead persons word, and the dead don't speak.

Like most things in life it's a tiny minority, but when you have someone who is armed, plus has that authority and they know they will be backed up in any incident well.........

He went for my gun.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12