World Governance?

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2010 8:50:28 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/14/2010 8:49:13 PM, wjmelements wrote:
Not a good idea yet. 50 more years of internet, and then we'll talk.

Why is that? Chances are it wouldn't happen that early anyway.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2010 8:53:31 PM
At 7/14/2010 8:50:28 PM, FREEDO wrote:

Why is that?

Cultures don't enjoy being forcefully assimilated. If we were to drop all our governments in favor of a world government, either the Muslims in the Middle East would be unhappy about the lack of stoned adulterers or the Christians in the West would be upset about the deaths of our cheating girl friends. The Turks are upset that they have a secular government.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2010 8:54:41 PM
At 7/14/2010 8:53:31 PM, wjmelements wrote:
Cultures don't enjoy being forcefully assimilated. If we were to drop all our governments in favor of a world government, either the Muslims in the Middle East would be unhappy about the lack of stoned adulterers or the Christians in the West would be upset about the deaths of our cheating girl friends. The Turks are upset that they have a secular government.

That is, everyone's happy when they can live under a government that reflects their culture. There is too much cultural diversity to keep a world government at the time and keep everyone happy at the same time.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2010 8:56:34 PM
At 7/14/2010 8:50:28 PM, FREEDO wrote:

Why is that?

Good argument. I suppose it would depend on what kind of global government obviously. Personally, I think outlawing sharia law would be a good thing.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2010 8:58:27 PM
At 7/14/2010 8:54:41 PM, wjmelements wrote:
That is, everyone's happy when they can live under a government that reflects their culture. There is too much cultural diversity to keep a world government at the time and keep everyone happy at the same time.

Eww, I should proof-read more.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2010 8:58:42 PM

It could be a pyramid style government though, larger but less demanding government upon local ones.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2010 9:04:36 PM
At 7/14/2010 8:58:42 PM, FREEDO wrote:

It could be a pyramid style government though, larger but less demanding government upon local ones.

Have you seen how inefficient the United States is, with all of it's overlap? It's disgusting.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2010 9:10:40 PM
At 7/14/2010 9:04:36 PM, wjmelements wrote:

Have you seen how inefficient the United States is, with all of it's overlap? It's disgusting.

So you oppose all local governments?
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2010 9:10:56 PM

Um, you've just described the current world power structure.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2010 9:19:31 PM
At 7/14/2010 9:10:56 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

No, the current system is an upside down pyramid; the top authorities play a bigger part than anything below them.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2010 9:26:25 PM
At 7/14/2010 9:20:19 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
We already have this. It's called the UN.

The UN does shitquat
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2010 9:28:24 PM
At 7/14/2010 9:26:25 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 7/14/2010 9:20:19 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
We already have this. It's called the UN.

The UN does shitquat

Exactly my point. :D
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2010 9:29:39 PM
either the Muslims in the Middle East would be unhappy about the lack of stoned adulterers

Akbar would like to inform you that Muslims are quite happy to get rid of stoned adulterers. Mulims are generally against adultery, and against getting stoned.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2010 9:31:03 PM
At 7/14/2010 9:29:39 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
either the Muslims in the Middle East would be unhappy about the lack of stoned adulterers

Akbar would like to inform you that Muslims are quite happy to get rid of stoned adulterers. Mulims are generally against adultery, and against getting stoned.

Just don't be an adulterer if you don't want to be stoned. It's simple. :P
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2010 9:32:16 PM
At 7/14/2010 9:31:03 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Umm, you can avoid getting stoned in the Muslim world whether you're an adulterer or not. They don't pass out free bongs to adulterers.

Now, if you want to avoid being the subject of a stoning, that's a whole different issue. ^_^
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2010 9:37:41 PM
At 7/14/2010 9:32:16 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Umm, you can avoid getting stoned in the Muslim world whether you're an adulterer or not. They don't pass out free bongs to adulterers.

Now, if you want to avoid being the subject of a stoning, that's a whole different issue. ^_^

Wow, you and your semantics... This ends here... *sigh*
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2010 9:40:50 PM
I have always been for more localization and, in my Anarchist days, obviously the abolition of government. But I'm leaning more towards global governance now. Still very unsure. But just imagine a world where things like war and sharia law is out-lawed.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2010 9:48:08 PM
At 7/14/2010 9:19:31 PM, FREEDO wrote:

No, the current system is an upside down pyramid; the top authorities play a bigger part than anything below them.

Fail. The current system is pyramid system where the few at the top control the many at the bottom.

The impact of the roles have nothing to do with the pyramid being upside down or not.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2010 9:51:02 PM
At 7/14/2010 9:37:41 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 7/14/2010 9:32:16 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Wow, you and your semantics... This ends here... *sigh*

This ain't "semantics," just humor.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2010 9:52:10 PM
At 7/14/2010 9:48:08 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 7/14/2010 9:19:31 PM, FREEDO wrote:

Fail. The current system is pyramid system where the few at the top control the many at the bottom.

The impact of the roles have nothing to do with the pyramid being upside down or not.

No one controls the world Geo. There are powerful people and organizations that play a huge role but there isn't a lizard conspiracy. What we have and what I'm proposing are not the same.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2010 9:56:43 PM
At 7/14/2010 9:52:10 PM, FREEDO wrote:

No one controls the world Geo.

Freedo: "the top authorities play a bigger part than anything below them"

There are powerful people and organizations that play a huge role but there isn't a lizard conspiracy. What we have and what I'm proposing are not the same.

Red Herring.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2010 10:01:47 PM
At 7/14/2010 9:56:43 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Yes, that is what I said. It does not mean there ONE authority overseeing all.

There are powerful people and organizations that play a huge role but there isn't a lizard conspiracy. What we have and what I'm proposing are not the same.

Red Herring.

I saw that coming. It isn't a red herring. Your original criticism was that we already have what I said. I refuted that by pointing out the difference here.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2010 10:14:24 PM
At 7/14/2010 10:01:47 PM, FREEDO wrote:

You said no one controls the world, yet you acknowledge there is a small group of
"top authorities" that control the world. Which is no different than my position.

Red Herring.

I saw that coming. It isn't a red herring. Your original criticism was that we already have what I said. I refuted that by pointing out the difference here.

It was a Red Herring because I never said anything about lizard conspiracies. You stated "It could be a pyramid style government though, larger but less demanding government upon local ones." I said that's what we currently have. Your point about lizard conspiracies was completely irrelevant to what I said.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2010 10:20:00 PM
At 7/14/2010 10:14:24 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 7/14/2010 10:01:47 PM, FREEDO wrote:

You said no one controls the world, yet you acknowledge there is a small group of
"top authorities" that control the world. Which is no different than my position.

No, I never said they controlled the world. I said they controlled those under them.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2010 1:15:41 PM
At 7/15/2010 1:14:13 PM, twsurber wrote:
There will be a one world government after the rapture. Take it or leave it.

Leave it.