What do you think of Hillary Clinton?

Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 7:08:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/3/2015 7:06:29 PM, YYW wrote:
What are your thoughts/opinions/feelings? Why?
She's just another Obama...
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 7:13:11 PM
At 3/3/2015 7:08:11 PM, Lee001 wrote:

http://cdn.frontpagemag.com...

sorry couldn't resist
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 7:14:39 PM
At 3/3/2015 7:13:11 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:

sorry couldn't resist
XD That is awesome..
But really..I don't believe she would do much good for America.
I believe Sarah Palin would do a way better job then Obama and Hillary.
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 7:29:23 PM

It doesn't matter what I think, because she's likely going to be elected anyway.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 9:07:18 PM
At 3/3/2015 7:14:39 PM, Lee001 wrote:

sorry couldn't resist
XD That is awesome..

I'd rather have George Bush become President again than see that dipshit in the White House.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 10:43:23 PM
At 3/3/2015 7:14:39 PM, Lee001 wrote:

sorry couldn't resist
XD That is awesome..

The second Sarah Paling steps into the White House as President, any pretensions that America is exceptional will wither and die instantly.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 10:46:12 PM

She's a smart politician. I don't think that that necessarily makes her a good executive. I also think that she would be unfortunately be a distraction, due to her, *ahem* popularity with the right in this country. It will be like Obama x2.

So, no. They need to get someone new.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 10:47:59 PM
At 3/3/2015 10:46:12 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

She's a smart politician. I don't think that that necessarily makes her a good executive. I also think that she would be unfortunately be a distraction, due to her, *ahem* popularity with the right in this country. It will be like Obama x2.

Such as.... who?

(I disagree that Clinton would be another Obama. They have major philosophical differences and their personalities are vastly different. Clinton is much more connected to and invested in the political process than Obama is. Obama is more of an 'idea' guy; Clinton is the 'get stuff done' lady.)
Tsar of DDO
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 10:53:53 PM
At 3/3/2015 10:47:59 PM, YYW wrote:

Such as.... who?

I don't know, I honestly haven't been paying much attention to the hopefuls until now. Hillary hasn't even declared yet, so it's still a bit early. I'm hoping for another dark horse like Obama who's also more palatable to conservatives.

(I disagree that Clinton would be another Obama. They have major philosophical differences and their personalities are vastly different. Clinton is much more connected to and invested in the political process than Obama is. Obama is more of an 'idea' guy; Clinton is the 'get stuff done' lady.)

I was more referring to how the right would react to her. I agree that she is different. But she has a LOT of baggage when it comes to the right. The political base on the right would completely support stonewalling her as they supported it with Obama.
- Hilaire Belloc -
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 10:56:20 PM
At 3/3/2015 10:53:53 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

Such as.... who?

I don't know, I honestly haven't been paying much attention to the hopefuls until now. Hillary hasn't even declared yet, so it's still a bit early. I'm hoping for another dark horse like Obama who's also more palatable to conservatives.

I was more referring to how the right would react to her. I agree that she is different. But she has a LOT of baggage when it comes to the right. The political base on the right would completely support stonewalling her as they supported it with Obama.

The Democratic base is weird, you're right. They should have picked Clinton in 2008, but they didn't... because reasons? Whatever.

But ultimately, I think that to the extent that the right attacks Clinton for being Clinton, she'll be ok because that's going to unite the party.

I think she is more likely than not to win the primary, too... but I don't think it will be an easy process.
Tsar of DDO
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 11:07:17 PM
At 3/3/2015 10:56:20 PM, YYW wrote:

Such as.... who?

The Democratic base is weird, you're right. They should have picked Clinton in 2008, but they didn't... because reasons? Whatever.

But ultimately, I think that to the extent that the right attacks Clinton for being Clinton, she'll be ok because that's going to unite the party.

I think she is more likely than not to win the primary, too... but I don't think it will be an easy process.

To be honest, I know more about Republican candidates because watching the Republican primaries is like watching a caged deathmatch in the back of a clown car, in which the entire cast of the performance faces the possibility of being stoned to death by an angry mob if they don't perform the nose honks in the right order. So you have people stopping in the middle of policy discussions or subtle digs at their opponents to indulge in the honorary Reagan oblation, or old-person-at-the-Thanksgiving-table comment about the gays or the immigrants. It's just entertaining. I half think that the Republican party is being slowly transitioned into a bizarre reality show. It's great for drinking games as well.

When it comes to the Democrats, I just tend to read up on their policies a month before the election. You guys need to throw at least one 'Black Walnut' into the mix if you want people to watch the debates.
- Hilaire Belloc -
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 11:14:21 PM

She seems like your typical scheming politician. When she seriously runs I won't be surprised by any of the skeletons they find in her closet. Sanders/Warren 2016!
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 11:14:38 PM
At 3/3/2015 11:07:17 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 3/3/2015 10:56:20 PM, YYW wrote:

Such as.... who?

To be honest, I know more about Republican candidates because watching the Republican primaries is like watching a caged deathmatch in the back of a clown car, in which the entire cast of the performance faces the possibility of being stoned to death by an angry mob if they don't perform the nose honks in the right order. So you have people stopping in the middle of policy discussions or subtle digs at their opponents to indulge in the honorary Reagan oblation, or old-person-at-the-Thanksgiving-table comment about the gays or the immigrants. It's just entertaining. I half think that the Republican party is being slowly transitioned into a bizarre reality show. It's great for drinking games as well.

When it comes to the Democrats, I just tend to read up on their policies a month before the election. You guys need to throw at least one 'Black Walnut' into the mix if you want people to watch the debates.

I agree that GOP primaries are more amusing. Especially with the comic stupidity that they have put forward in the past... for example:

1. Newt Gingrich is probably the most obnoxious, big-headed troll that ever stumbled into a political office. The man is a loon, and he knows it, but he presents himself as an "idea guy." He's really a glorified jackass with a big mouth.

2. Herman Cain is probably the stupidest candidate for president that any party has put forward since... oh sh!t there was Ross Perot. Cain was more or less the "Look how not racist I am!" card that the GOP has been wanting to play since the 70s.

3. Rick Santorum is to family values what InBev is to sobriety; and listening to him talk about anything is like listening to a person with a permanent case of hemorrhoids talk about their day.

4. Ron Paul is your garden variety rodent. He's more or less harmless, but no one can ever really manage to stamp him out, and he's too clever to evade the traps that people set up for him.

At this point, the rest don't matter... but your point about the GOP is well received.
Tsar of DDO
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 11:16:56 PM
At 3/3/2015 11:14:21 PM, Bennett91 wrote:

She seems like your typical scheming politician. When she seriously runs I won't be surprised by any of the skeletons they find in her closet. Sanders/Warren 2016!

I tend to hear that the other way around.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 11:23:26 PM
At 3/3/2015 11:16:56 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

I tend to hear that the other way around.

You mean Warren/Sanders? Either way works.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 11:51:50 PM
She is not a new Obama. She is better than Obama.

I don't like her. I prefer Jeb. I like Jeb for the primaries even, so I guess that makes me a freak :P
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 11:52:27 PM

*instant cancer*
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 11:54:44 PM
At 3/3/2015 11:52:27 PM, 16kadams wrote:

*instant cancer*

This is just another reason to arouse my support of Sanders/Warren!
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 11:55:19 PM
At 3/3/2015 11:54:44 PM, Bennett91 wrote:

*instant cancer*

;D

Let me give you cancer

Santorum/Carson 2016
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2015 12:01:03 AM
At 3/3/2015 11:55:19 PM, 16kadams wrote:

*instant cancer*

;D

Let me give you cancer

Santorum/Carson 2016

HHGGNNNGHNNNNNNN Why not just establish the Theocratic States of America while you're at it?! *dies*
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2015 12:01:24 AM
At 3/4/2015 12:01:03 AM, Bennett91 wrote:

*instant cancer*

;D

Let me give you cancer

Santorum/Carson 2016

HHGGNNNGHNNNNNNN Why not just establish the Theocratic States of America while you're at it?! *dies*

I am an atheist.
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2015 12:04:31 AM
At 3/4/2015 12:01:24 AM, 16kadams wrote:

*instant cancer*

;D

Let me give you cancer

Santorum/Carson 2016

I am an atheist.

Santorum and Carson are evangelical christian though. But would you even vote for that ticket anyways?
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2015 8:30:43 AM
At 3/4/2015 12:04:31 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 3/4/2015 12:01:24 AM, 16kadams wrote:

*instant cancer*

;D

Let me give you cancer

Santorum/Carson 2016

I am an atheist.

Santorum and Carson are evangelical christian though. But would you even vote for that ticket anyways?

Yep
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2015 1:44:28 PM

*instant cancer*

Not a bad suggestion, but it will *never* happen.

;D

Let me give you cancer

Santorum/Carson 2016

Bahaha....
Tsar of DDO
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2015 1:54:19 PM

I don't like or trust her.
Calculating politician, through and through.
My work here is, finally, done.
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2015 2:03:42 PM

The only left politicians popular with the right are the ones that are unelectable. I really don't think she, or any other democrat, should be overly concerned with what the GOP thinks of them, and vice versa.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2015 2:07:22 PM
At 3/4/2015 1:54:19 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

I don't like or trust her.
Calculating politician, through and through.

I would much, much rather have a calculating politician in the white house than the alternative, an impulsive politician.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
ConceptEagle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2015 2:11:50 PM

I do not like her despite the fact that she promised Elizabeth Warren that she would use some of Warren's big business crackdown policies. Hillary Clinton is not really a Democrat, she is mostly conservative.
omanjoka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 8:30:32 PM

Hillary is just another corporate sellout. She already has banking companies paying her $400,000 for speeches, and foreign powers contributing to her charities. Not because they care about the charity, but as a form of bribery. She wouldn't be a total sell out, but she wouldn't be progressive and bring back tariffs.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"
-Epicurus.