Jump to topic:

Regarding Hillary Clinton's Email

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 3:47:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Hillary Clinton had her own private email server. This is not an especially uncommon thing; several Republicans and a few other democrats do it too. She didn't technically violate any laws, regulations or rules. It was the "norm" to have a state department email address, but it's not necessarily required.

But what's important here is that Clinton just set a new norm: she disclosed her emails. Will Republicans do the same? I doubt it...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 3:55:40 PM
At 3/5/2015 3:52:29 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
So are you saying all politicians should publicly tweet and never privately send messages?

No. Personally, I think politicians should completely stay off of twitter. Actual politicians do not manage their own twitter accounts; usually stupid ivy league interns do, and they don't always exercise good judgement. That said, having an intern manage a politician's twitter account is disingenuous... but I digress.

I'm saying that more or less forcing Clinton to disclose her emails was seriously stupid.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 3:57:34 PM
At 3/5/2015 3:55:40 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/5/2015 3:52:29 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
So are you saying all politicians should publicly tweet and never privately send messages?

No. Personally, I think politicians should completely stay off of twitter. Actual politicians do not manage their own twitter accounts; usually stupid ivy league interns do, and they don't always exercise good judgement. That said, having an intern manage a politician's twitter account is disingenuous... but I digress.

I'm saying that more or less forcing Clinton to disclose her emails was seriously stupid.

Of course it was. She could just edit them all to read as cooking recipes before releasing them.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 4:10:06 PM
This "scandal" is so stupid haha
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 4:15:39 PM
At 3/5/2015 4:10:06 PM, thett3 wrote:

I'd say most scandals are.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 4:18:06 PM
At 3/5/2015 4:10:06 PM, thett3 wrote:

Well put. There is a part of me, though, that thinks that someone in the Clinton inner circle might have told someone to leak the information about the private Clinton email server to someone who would take it to the media. That serves a number useful purposes: (1) it clears the air by exposing dirty laundry in such a way that it will happen long before 2016, (2) it more or less puts other Democrats on notice that their emails could be exposed or it inoculates this as a political issue, (3) it establishes a precedent for compelling a Republican candidate to expose their emails.

Politically, this will be useful to Hillary in the long run.