Total Posts:50|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Bigotry is losing.

wsmunit7
Posts: 1,318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 8:02:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
It would seem to any intelligent person, that the tide is rapidly turning :
http://www.usnews.com...
http://www.lgbtqnation.com...
Bigotry and animus are losing. Could it be, as predicted by many, the the far right campaign of hatred, animosity, bombasity, ignorance, and blatant bigotry is backfiring on them? And keep in mind, this survey was conducted BEFORE the current outbreak of insanity by the far right. It has probably accelerated since then.
I am sure some of you will discount this survey and rely on NOM and the FRC. You are living in denial. And you will forever live in in infamy for your bigotry and hypocrisy.
wsmunit7
Posts: 1,318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 8:48:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/5/2015 8:38:25 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
I assure you, bigotry and hypocrisy are quite strong still.

Perhaps. Or perhaps it's just an extremely vocal minority.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 9:08:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/5/2015 8:48:59 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
At 3/5/2015 8:38:25 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
I assure you, bigotry and hypocrisy are quite strong still.

Perhaps. Or perhaps it's just an extremely vocal minority.

I'm surprised you'd consider yourself a minority.
My work here is, finally, done.
wsmunit7
Posts: 1,318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 9:34:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/5/2015 9:08:55 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/5/2015 8:48:59 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
At 3/5/2015 8:38:25 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
I assure you, bigotry and hypocrisy are quite strong still.

Perhaps. Or perhaps it's just an extremely vocal minority.

I'm surprised you'd consider yourself a minority.

Lol lol lol lol lol.

You certainly have a way with words. Unfortunately for you, bassackwards.
wsmunit7
Posts: 1,318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 9:39:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/5/2015 9:08:55 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/5/2015 8:48:59 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
At 3/5/2015 8:38:25 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
I assure you, bigotry and hypocrisy are quite strong still.

Perhaps. Or perhaps it's just an extremely vocal minority.

I'm surprised you'd consider yourself a minority.

You really need to raise your retorts above the level of grade school recess.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 9:45:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/5/2015 9:34:44 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
At 3/5/2015 9:08:55 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/5/2015 8:48:59 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
At 3/5/2015 8:38:25 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
I assure you, bigotry and hypocrisy are quite strong still.

Perhaps. Or perhaps it's just an extremely vocal minority.

I'm surprised you'd consider yourself a minority.

Lol lol lol lol lol.

You certainly have a way with words. Unfortunately for you, bassackwards.

Just look at your recent threads, and your responses to people, and even your friends.
You circle your wagon and are full of hate. You are a zealot for your cause, as it is personal for you. (Wait, am I talking about you or them?)
You are the equivalent of the bully who bullies bullies, but thinks you are have the moral high ground, when really, you are just a hypocrite.
So, hate on, player, and fight your fight!! Keep telling yourself you are better than them.
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 9:48:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/5/2015 9:39:24 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
At 3/5/2015 9:08:55 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/5/2015 8:48:59 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
At 3/5/2015 8:38:25 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
I assure you, bigotry and hypocrisy are quite strong still.

Perhaps. Or perhaps it's just an extremely vocal minority.

I'm surprised you'd consider yourself a minority.

You really need to raise your retorts above the level of grade school recess.

Why?
You level of critical thinking is on par for my retorts, so why bother?
All you want is attention and a circle jerk, not any sort of honest discussion.
You are transparent, and I feel bad that you have so much of yourself wrapped in this cause, instead of yourself.
My work here is, finally, done.
wsmunit7
Posts: 1,318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 9:52:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/5/2015 9:48:46 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/5/2015 9:39:24 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
At 3/5/2015 9:08:55 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/5/2015 8:48:59 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
At 3/5/2015 8:38:25 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
I assure you, bigotry and hypocrisy are quite strong still.

Perhaps. Or perhaps it's just an extremely vocal minority.

I'm surprised you'd consider yourself a minority.

You really need to raise your retorts above the level of grade school recess.

Why?
You level of critical thinking is on par for my retorts, so why bother?
All you want is attention and a circle jerk, not any sort of honest discussion.
You are transparent, and I feel bad that you have so much of yourself wrapped in this cause, instead of yourself.

You are no longer amusing, just boring. Like the last gasps of a T-rex.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 9:53:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/5/2015 9:52:26 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
At 3/5/2015 9:48:46 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/5/2015 9:39:24 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
At 3/5/2015 9:08:55 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/5/2015 8:48:59 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
At 3/5/2015 8:38:25 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
I assure you, bigotry and hypocrisy are quite strong still.

Perhaps. Or perhaps it's just an extremely vocal minority.

I'm surprised you'd consider yourself a minority.

You really need to raise your retorts above the level of grade school recess.

Why?
You level of critical thinking is on par for my retorts, so why bother?
All you want is attention and a circle jerk, not any sort of honest discussion.
You are transparent, and I feel bad that you have so much of yourself wrapped in this cause, instead of yourself.

You are no longer amusing, just boring. Like the last gasps of a T-rex.

See, this is why you are a bigot.
You fail to see that I am actually on your side.
My work here is, finally, done.
wsmunit7
Posts: 1,318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 9:59:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/5/2015 9:53:56 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/5/2015 9:52:26 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
At 3/5/2015 9:48:46 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/5/2015 9:39:24 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
At 3/5/2015 9:08:55 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/5/2015 8:48:59 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
At 3/5/2015 8:38:25 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
I assure you, bigotry and hypocrisy are quite strong still.

Perhaps. Or perhaps it's just an extremely vocal minority.

I'm surprised you'd consider yourself a minority.

You really need to raise your retorts above the level of grade school recess.

Why?
You level of critical thinking is on par for my retorts, so why bother?
All you want is attention and a circle jerk, not any sort of honest discussion.
You are transparent, and I feel bad that you have so much of yourself wrapped in this cause, instead of yourself.

You are no longer amusing, just boring. Like the last gasps of a T-rex.

See, this is why you are a bigot.
You fail to see that I am actually on your side.

Rant on, if that's what trips your trigger. :-)
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 10:02:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/5/2015 9:59:49 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:

See, this is why you are a bigot.
You fail to see that I am actually on your side.

Rant on, if that's what trips your trigger. :-)

The rant is over and the jig is up.
Do you not believe I am on your side? Why not?
Go on, tell me. Otherwise, prove I am right, and just write me off and ignore the hypocrisy and bigotry you are displaying.
My work here is, finally, done.
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,070
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 10:10:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
There are plenty of bigots out there, but I do not view the mere belief that homosexuality is immoral to be bigoted.
I just hope that this doesn't end with a "bigot hunt" against people who hold such views.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
wsmunit7
Posts: 1,318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 10:11:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/5/2015 10:02:56 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/5/2015 9:59:49 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:

See, this is why you are a bigot.
You fail to see that I am actually on your side.

Rant on, if that's what trips your trigger. :-)

The rant is over and the jig is up.
Do you not believe I am on your side? Why not?
Go on, tell me. Otherwise, prove I am right, and just write me off and ignore the hypocrisy and bigotry you are displaying.

Sorry, I won't play your childish game.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 10:17:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/5/2015 10:11:31 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
At 3/5/2015 10:02:56 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/5/2015 9:59:49 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:

See, this is why you are a bigot.
You fail to see that I am actually on your side.

Rant on, if that's what trips your trigger. :-)

The rant is over and the jig is up.
Do you not believe I am on your side? Why not?
Go on, tell me. Otherwise, prove I am right, and just write me off and ignore the hypocrisy and bigotry you are displaying.

Sorry, I won't play your childish game.

Insulting my honor is a childish game to you?
For some reason I am not surprised you would hold this view.
Thanks for proving my point, and go to hell. Clearly your fragile little mind cannot comprehend the fact that I can support your cause, while having issues with the battles your cause fights.
As I said before, you are transparent and pathetic, not because you are gay, but because you are you.
My work here is, finally, done.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 10:43:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/5/2015 9:39:24 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
At 3/5/2015 9:08:55 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/5/2015 8:48:59 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
At 3/5/2015 8:38:25 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
I assure you, bigotry and hypocrisy are quite strong still.

Perhaps. Or perhaps it's just an extremely vocal minority.

I'm surprised you'd consider yourself a minority.

You really need to raise your retorts above the level of grade school recess.

Dude, that was at least a HS retort, if not freshman/sophomore in college.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Daltonian
Posts: 4,797
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 1:04:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Disapproval of same sex marriage is not necessarily rooted in bigotry. Oft times than not it is rooted in forms of bigotry, but not in all cases.

There are some people who believe the government should only recognize forms of civil unions and respect marriage as a religious institution respective to each place of worship.

There are others who simply disapprove of government involvement in the matter, period.

It is bigoted in itself to assume all of those who disagree with you are bad people or total bigots, without even understanding their position.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 1:07:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/6/2015 1:04:13 PM, Daltonian wrote:
Disapproval of same sex marriage is not necessarily rooted in bigotry. Oft times than not it is rooted in forms of bigotry, but not in all cases.

There are some people who believe the government should only recognize forms of civil unions and respect marriage as a religious institution respective to each place of worship.

There are others who simply disapprove of government involvement in the matter, period.

It is bigoted in itself to assume all of those who disagree with you are bad people or total bigots, without even understanding their position.

He's not going to play your childish games.
Move along, troll. He is far too clever for you.
My work here is, finally, done.
Daltonian
Posts: 4,797
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 1:15:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/6/2015 1:07:22 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/6/2015 1:04:13 PM, Daltonian wrote:
Disapproval of same sex marriage is not necessarily rooted in bigotry. Oft times than not it is rooted in forms of bigotry, but not in all cases.

There are some people who believe the government should only recognize forms of civil unions and respect marriage as a religious institution respective to each place of worship.

There are others who simply disapprove of government involvement in the matter, period.

It is bigoted in itself to assume all of those who disagree with you are bad people or total bigots, without even understanding their position.

He's not going to play your childish games.
Move along, troll. He is far too clever for you.
Militancy is far more detestable to me than any one actual belief or position in itself.. very stupid.

He is correct in his assertion that SSM is going to be legalized and permitted through the USA very soon, however. Probably simply because those who used to oppose it are either being pushed to change their minds by society or are dying off. 61% of registered Republicans age 18-29 now support SSM, which says something, seeing how they are the concept's only real opposition.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 1:20:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/6/2015 1:15:53 PM, Daltonian wrote:
At 3/6/2015 1:07:22 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/6/2015 1:04:13 PM, Daltonian wrote:
Disapproval of same sex marriage is not necessarily rooted in bigotry. Oft times than not it is rooted in forms of bigotry, but not in all cases.

There are some people who believe the government should only recognize forms of civil unions and respect marriage as a religious institution respective to each place of worship.

There are others who simply disapprove of government involvement in the matter, period.

It is bigoted in itself to assume all of those who disagree with you are bad people or total bigots, without even understanding their position.

He's not going to play your childish games.
Move along, troll. He is far too clever for you.
Militancy is far more detestable to me than any one actual belief or position in itself.. very stupid.
Agreed.

He is correct in his assertion that SSM is going to be legalized and permitted through the USA very soon, however. Probably simply because those who used to oppose it are either being pushed to change their minds by society or are dying off. 61% of registered Republicans age 18-29 now support SSM, which says something, seeing how they are the concept's only real opposition.

The reasons are likely youth/death-of-old-guard, political viability, and being shamed into being a closeted bigot (a bit ironic, eh?).
It makes me wonder what people like him are going to do once it is legalized.
My work here is, finally, done.
Daltonian
Posts: 4,797
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 1:26:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/6/2015 1:20:22 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/6/2015 1:15:53 PM, Daltonian wrote:
At 3/6/2015 1:07:22 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/6/2015 1:04:13 PM, Daltonian wrote:
Disapproval of same sex marriage is not necessarily rooted in bigotry. Oft times than not it is rooted in forms of bigotry, but not in all cases.

There are some people who believe the government should only recognize forms of civil unions and respect marriage as a religious institution respective to each place of worship.

There are others who simply disapprove of government involvement in the matter, period.

It is bigoted in itself to assume all of those who disagree with you are bad people or total bigots, without even understanding their position.

He's not going to play your childish games.
Move along, troll. He is far too clever for you.
Militancy is far more detestable to me than any one actual belief or position in itself.. very stupid.
Agreed.

He is correct in his assertion that SSM is going to be legalized and permitted through the USA very soon, however. Probably simply because those who used to oppose it are either being pushed to change their minds by society or are dying off. 61% of registered Republicans age 18-29 now support SSM, which says something, seeing how they are the concept's only real opposition.

The reasons are likely youth/death-of-old-guard
agree
political viability,
Very much so, especially amongst politicians. I have a hard time believing figures like Obama and Hillary Clinton suddenly went through this complete transformation in ideology towards homosexuality once the number of supporters surpassed 50%. Biggest flipflop ever. lol.
and being shamed into being a closeted bigot (a bit ironic, eh?).
Yep. I'm pretty sure there's a good portion of elderly and old age people who still secretly disapprove of concepts like interracial marriage, but are too afraid/wise enough not to voice that opinion. I figure the situation will be similar in a few decades with SSM.
It makes me wonder what people like him are going to do once it is legalized.
Marijuana Legalization! ;)
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 2:00:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/6/2015 1:26:40 PM, Daltonian wrote:
At 3/6/2015 1:20:22 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/6/2015 1:15:53 PM, Daltonian wrote:
At 3/6/2015 1:07:22 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/6/2015 1:04:13 PM, Daltonian wrote:
Disapproval of same sex marriage is not necessarily rooted in bigotry. Oft times than not it is rooted in forms of bigotry, but not in all cases.

There are some people who believe the government should only recognize forms of civil unions and respect marriage as a religious institution respective to each place of worship.

There are others who simply disapprove of government involvement in the matter, period.

It is bigoted in itself to assume all of those who disagree with you are bad people or total bigots, without even understanding their position.

He's not going to play your childish games.
Move along, troll. He is far too clever for you.
Militancy is far more detestable to me than any one actual belief or position in itself.. very stupid.
Agreed.

He is correct in his assertion that SSM is going to be legalized and permitted through the USA very soon, however. Probably simply because those who used to oppose it are either being pushed to change their minds by society or are dying off. 61% of registered Republicans age 18-29 now support SSM, which says something, seeing how they are the concept's only real opposition.

The reasons are likely youth/death-of-old-guard
agree
political viability,
Very much so, especially amongst politicians. I have a hard time believing figures like Obama and Hillary Clinton suddenly went through this complete transformation in ideology towards homosexuality once the number of supporters surpassed 50%. Biggest flipflop ever. lol.
This was most evident by the fact that Obama's decision to change his stance just so happened to be in March of 2012 (the year of his re-election). It also is no surprise that Dems couldn't change their minds fast enough the same year.
In the course of a few months, they became the party of the GBLT. Few things have ever been so transparent panhandling before. Before this, they were still the party of the GBLT, because the GOP hated them, but since 2012, they became the party FOR GBLT.

and being shamed into being a closeted bigot (a bit ironic, eh?).
Yep. I'm pretty sure there's a good portion of elderly and old age people who still secretly disapprove of concepts like interracial marriage, but are too afraid/wise enough not to voice that opinion. I figure the situation will be similar in a few decades with SSM.
It makes me wonder what people like him are going to do once it is legalized.
Marijuana Legalization! ;)
I meant people wrapped so much in this fight for obvious reasons, not the perma-advocate types.
My work here is, finally, done.
briantheliberal
Posts: 722
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 4:44:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/5/2015 9:39:24 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
At 3/5/2015 9:08:55 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/5/2015 8:48:59 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
At 3/5/2015 8:38:25 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
I assure you, bigotry and hypocrisy are quite strong still.

Perhaps. Or perhaps it's just an extremely vocal minority.

I'm surprised you'd consider yourself a minority.

You really need to raise your retorts above the level of grade school recess.

Just ignore him, he thinks everyone who opposes bigotry is a bigot. He isn't worth responding to. He literally makes up things to prove a point, and he is incredibly condescending and foolish. Don't waste your time.
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 5:34:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/6/2015 4:44:57 PM, briantheliberal wrote:
At 3/5/2015 9:39:24 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
At 3/5/2015 9:08:55 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/5/2015 8:48:59 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
At 3/5/2015 8:38:25 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
I assure you, bigotry and hypocrisy are quite strong still.

Perhaps. Or perhaps it's just an extremely vocal minority.

I'm surprised you'd consider yourself a minority.

You really need to raise your retorts above the level of grade school recess.

Just ignore him, he thinks everyone who opposes bigotry is a bigot. He isn't worth responding to. He literally makes up things to prove a point, and he is incredibly condescending and foolish. Don't waste your time.

No, he has a point. Most people who support SSM simply support it because they think it is the right thing to do. That is your main reason, too, but they way you convey your message is through hating those who disagree. Both of you are hypocrites. When you say you haven't heard a good argument against it ok, good for you. Calling them names is not a way to convince them.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
briantheliberal
Posts: 722
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 5:40:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/6/2015 5:34:30 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 3/6/2015 4:44:57 PM, briantheliberal wrote:
At 3/5/2015 9:39:24 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
At 3/5/2015 9:08:55 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/5/2015 8:48:59 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
At 3/5/2015 8:38:25 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
I assure you, bigotry and hypocrisy are quite strong still.

Perhaps. Or perhaps it's just an extremely vocal minority.

I'm surprised you'd consider yourself a minority.

You really need to raise your retorts above the level of grade school recess.

Just ignore him, he thinks everyone who opposes bigotry is a bigot. He isn't worth responding to. He literally makes up things to prove a point, and he is incredibly condescending and foolish. Don't waste your time.

No, he has a point. Most people who support SSM simply support it because they think it is the right thing to do. That is your main reason, too, but they way you convey your message is through hating those who disagree. Both of you are hypocrites. When you say you haven't heard a good argument against it ok, good for you. Calling them names is not a way to convince them.

I don't hate people who agree with same-sex marriage, I hate their ignorance and hypocrisy. More likely than not, their opposition is based on bigotry, lies and hypocritical viewpoints. Let's not forget, it's not homosexuals or people who support them that are passing laws taking away that take away rights from certain groups of people. But they have every right to disagree, just keep it out of the law and don't force your homophobia on others, that is what makes someone a bigot.
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 5:42:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/6/2015 5:40:46 PM, briantheliberal wrote:
At 3/6/2015 5:34:30 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 3/6/2015 4:44:57 PM, briantheliberal wrote:
At 3/5/2015 9:39:24 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
At 3/5/2015 9:08:55 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/5/2015 8:48:59 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
At 3/5/2015 8:38:25 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
I assure you, bigotry and hypocrisy are quite strong still.

Perhaps. Or perhaps it's just an extremely vocal minority.

I'm surprised you'd consider yourself a minority.

You really need to raise your retorts above the level of grade school recess.

Just ignore him, he thinks everyone who opposes bigotry is a bigot. He isn't worth responding to. He literally makes up things to prove a point, and he is incredibly condescending and foolish. Don't waste your time.

No, he has a point. Most people who support SSM simply support it because they think it is the right thing to do. That is your main reason, too, but they way you convey your message is through hating those who disagree. Both of you are hypocrites. When you say you haven't heard a good argument against it ok, good for you. Calling them names is not a way to convince them.

I don't hate people who agree with same-sex marriage, I hate their ignorance and hypocrisy. More likely than not, their opposition is based on bigotry, lies and hypocritical viewpoints. Let's not forget, it's not homosexuals or people who support them that are passing laws taking away that take away rights from certain groups of people. But they have every right to disagree, just keep it out of the law and don't force your homophobia on others, that is what makes someone a bigot.

The argument in favor of SSM are just as unconvincing
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
briantheliberal
Posts: 722
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 5:47:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/6/2015 5:42:57 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 3/6/2015 5:40:46 PM, briantheliberal wrote:
At 3/6/2015 5:34:30 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 3/6/2015 4:44:57 PM, briantheliberal wrote:
At 3/5/2015 9:39:24 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
At 3/5/2015 9:08:55 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/5/2015 8:48:59 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
At 3/5/2015 8:38:25 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
I assure you, bigotry and hypocrisy are quite strong still.

Perhaps. Or perhaps it's just an extremely vocal minority.

I'm surprised you'd consider yourself a minority.

You really need to raise your retorts above the level of grade school recess.

Just ignore him, he thinks everyone who opposes bigotry is a bigot. He isn't worth responding to. He literally makes up things to prove a point, and he is incredibly condescending and foolish. Don't waste your time.

No, he has a point. Most people who support SSM simply support it because they think it is the right thing to do. That is your main reason, too, but they way you convey your message is through hating those who disagree. Both of you are hypocrites. When you say you haven't heard a good argument against it ok, good for you. Calling them names is not a way to convince them.

I don't hate people who agree with same-sex marriage, I hate their ignorance and hypocrisy. More likely than not, their opposition is based on bigotry, lies and hypocritical viewpoints. Let's not forget, it's not homosexuals or people who support them that are passing laws taking away that take away rights from certain groups of people. But they have every right to disagree, just keep it out of the law and don't force your homophobia on others, that is what makes someone a bigot.

The argument in favor of SSM are just as unconvincing

It doesn't matter. Gay people are entitled to the same opportunities as straight people, so whether or not you agree with the arguments in favor of same-sex marriage is irrelevant to the actual issue at hand. However, I disagree because I don't think arguing in favor of human rights is comparable to someone that links being gay to raping children and calling homosexuality a disease, which is what a lot of homophobic opponents of same-sex marriage do.
Varrack
Posts: 2,410
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 6:10:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/5/2015 8:02:01 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
It would seem to any intelligent person, that the tide is rapidly turning :
http://www.usnews.com...
http://www.lgbtqnation.com...
Bigotry and animus are losing. Could it be, as predicted by many, the the far right campaign of hatred, animosity, bombasity, ignorance, and blatant bigotry is backfiring on them? And keep in mind, this survey was conducted BEFORE the current outbreak of insanity by the far right. It has probably accelerated since then.
I am sure some of you will discount this survey and rely on NOM and the FRC. You are living in denial. And you will forever live in in infamy for your bigotry and hypocrisy

http://www.debate.org...
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 6:52:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/6/2015 5:47:27 PM, briantheliberal wrote:
At 3/6/2015 5:42:57 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 3/6/2015 5:40:46 PM, briantheliberal wrote:
At 3/6/2015 5:34:30 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 3/6/2015 4:44:57 PM, briantheliberal wrote:
At 3/5/2015 9:39:24 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
At 3/5/2015 9:08:55 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/5/2015 8:48:59 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
At 3/5/2015 8:38:25 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
I assure you, bigotry and hypocrisy are quite strong still.

Perhaps. Or perhaps it's just an extremely vocal minority.

I'm surprised you'd consider yourself a minority.

You really need to raise your retorts above the level of grade school recess.

Just ignore him, he thinks everyone who opposes bigotry is a bigot. He isn't worth responding to. He literally makes up things to prove a point, and he is incredibly condescending and foolish. Don't waste your time.

No, he has a point. Most people who support SSM simply support it because they think it is the right thing to do. That is your main reason, too, but they way you convey your message is through hating those who disagree. Both of you are hypocrites. When you say you haven't heard a good argument against it ok, good for you. Calling them names is not a way to convince them.

I don't hate people who agree with same-sex marriage, I hate their ignorance and hypocrisy. More likely than not, their opposition is based on bigotry, lies and hypocritical viewpoints. Let's not forget, it's not homosexuals or people who support them that are passing laws taking away that take away rights from certain groups of people. But they have every right to disagree, just keep it out of the law and don't force your homophobia on others, that is what makes someone a bigot.

The argument in favor of SSM are just as unconvincing

It doesn't matter. Gay people are entitled to the same opportunities as straight people, so whether or not you agree with the arguments in favor of same-sex marriage is irrelevant to the actual issue at hand. However, I disagree because I don't think arguing in favor of human rights is comparable to someone that links being gay to raping children and calling homosexuality a disease, which is what a lot of homophobic opponents of same-sex marriage do.

The justice/equality argument, the one you so fervently promote, is not really convincing because what marriage *is* can subvert the argument, and advocates have failed to argue a convincing definition. Other than a prohibition on gay marriage, the only argument which has *some* good points is the libertarian "privatize marriage" argument.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross