Total Posts:125|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Same sex couples have the right to get marrie

Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2015 9:29:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/23/2015 8:56:22 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
If you don't like same sex marriage, don't marry someone of the same sex.

I agree; God gave human beings free will to do that which is sinful. They do indeed have a right to get married, as it hurts no person.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
LiberalProlifer
Posts: 804
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2015 10:05:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/23/2015 9:29:15 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 3/23/2015 8:56:22 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
If you don't like same sex marriage, don't marry someone of the same sex.

I agree; God gave human beings free will to do that which is sinful. They do indeed have a right to get married, as it hurts no person.

Same sex marriage is not a sin. That is a bigoted thing to say. I have included in my signature a websitee that proves it. The antigay position is a religious idea that has no place dictating the law.
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2015 10:07:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/23/2015 10:05:01 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 3/23/2015 9:29:15 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 3/23/2015 8:56:22 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
If you don't like same sex marriage, don't marry someone of the same sex.

I agree; God gave human beings free will to do that which is sinful. They do indeed have a right to get married, as it hurts no person.

Same sex marriage is not a sin. That is a bigoted thing to say. I have included in my signature a websitee that proves it. The antigay position is a religious idea that has no place dictating the law.

You heard nothing that I said, did you? Read it again, please. What I said was that God gave human beings free will, and thus behavior which doesn't harm others should be allowed.
But yes, homosexuality is sinful according to the Bible. And no, it is not by default bigoted to believe this.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,281
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2015 11:00:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/23/2015 8:56:22 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
If you don't like same sex marriage, don't marry someone of the same sex.

Marriage in and of itself is not a right, for any couple of any sex. Why? Because rights have to be inalienable. Marriage cannot be a right because if no one agrees to marry you, you can't get married. That disqualifies marriage from being a right because it is dependent on others for it to come to fruition, which is basically the exact opposite of a true right.

http://www.dailyfreethinker.com...
The wise have eyes in their heads, while the fool walks in the darkness; but I came to realizethat the same fate overtakes them both.
Then I said to myself,
"The fate of the fool will overtake me also.
What then do I gain by being wise?"
I said to myself, "This too is meaningless."
For the wise, like the fool, will not be long remembered;
the days have already come when both have been forgotten.
Like the fool, the wise too must die!
- Ecclesiastes 2:14-16
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,281
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2015 11:01:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/23/2015 11:00:14 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 3/23/2015 8:56:22 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
If you don't like same sex marriage, don't marry someone of the same sex.

Marriage in and of itself is not a right, for any couple of any sex. Why? Because rights have to be inalienable. Marriage cannot be a right because if no one agrees to marry you, you can't get married. That disqualifies marriage from being a right because it is dependent on others for it to come to fruition, which is basically the exact opposite of a true right.

http://www.dailyfreethinker.com...

That being said it can still be a civil privilege or a protected contract or agreement in which there are less valid excuses for blocking homosexuals from entering into one.
The wise have eyes in their heads, while the fool walks in the darkness; but I came to realizethat the same fate overtakes them both.
Then I said to myself,
"The fate of the fool will overtake me also.
What then do I gain by being wise?"
I said to myself, "This too is meaningless."
For the wise, like the fool, will not be long remembered;
the days have already come when both have been forgotten.
Like the fool, the wise too must die!
- Ecclesiastes 2:14-16
LiberalProlifer
Posts: 804
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2015 11:09:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/23/2015 11:00:14 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 3/23/2015 8:56:22 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
If you don't like same sex marriage, don't marry someone of the same sex.

Marriage in and of itself is not a right, for any couple of any sex. Why? Because rights have to be inalienable. Marriage cannot be a right because if no one agrees to marry you, you can't get married. That disqualifies marriage from being a right because it is dependent on others for it to come to fruition, which is basically the exact opposite of a true right.

http://www.dailyfreethinker.com...

Yes it is. Same sex couples have the same rights as other people. You have no right to force your religious opinion on other people. If you have a problem with gays, don't marry a gay.
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,281
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2015 11:11:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/23/2015 11:09:47 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 3/23/2015 11:00:14 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 3/23/2015 8:56:22 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
If you don't like same sex marriage, don't marry someone of the same sex.

Marriage in and of itself is not a right, for any couple of any sex. Why? Because rights have to be inalienable. Marriage cannot be a right because if no one agrees to marry you, you can't get married. That disqualifies marriage from being a right because it is dependent on others for it to come to fruition, which is basically the exact opposite of a true right.

http://www.dailyfreethinker.com...

Yes it is. Same sex couples have the same rights as other people. You have no right to force your religious opinion on other people. If you have a problem with gays, don't marry a gay.

Did you even read what I wrote? It's not about religion in the slightest. Marriage isn't a right because it doesn't fit the classical definition of a right. Religion has no part of it. The state can grant marriages to whoever it wants.
The wise have eyes in their heads, while the fool walks in the darkness; but I came to realizethat the same fate overtakes them both.
Then I said to myself,
"The fate of the fool will overtake me also.
What then do I gain by being wise?"
I said to myself, "This too is meaningless."
For the wise, like the fool, will not be long remembered;
the days have already come when both have been forgotten.
Like the fool, the wise too must die!
- Ecclesiastes 2:14-16
LiberalProlifer
Posts: 804
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2015 11:11:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/23/2015 11:01:09 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 3/23/2015 11:00:14 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 3/23/2015 8:56:22 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
If you don't like same sex marriage, don't marry someone of the same sex.

Marriage in and of itself is not a right, for any couple of any sex. Why? Because rights have to be inalienable. Marriage cannot be a right because if no one agrees to marry you, you can't get married. That disqualifies marriage from being a right because it is dependent on others for it to come to fruition, which is basically the exact opposite of a true right.

http://www.dailyfreethinker.com...

That being said it can still be a civil privilege or a protected contract or agreement in which there are less valid excuses for blocking homosexuals from entering into one.

Thank you for being a reasonable conservative. :)
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,281
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2015 11:13:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/23/2015 11:11:58 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 3/23/2015 11:01:09 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 3/23/2015 11:00:14 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 3/23/2015 8:56:22 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
If you don't like same sex marriage, don't marry someone of the same sex.

Marriage in and of itself is not a right, for any couple of any sex. Why? Because rights have to be inalienable. Marriage cannot be a right because if no one agrees to marry you, you can't get married. That disqualifies marriage from being a right because it is dependent on others for it to come to fruition, which is basically the exact opposite of a true right.

http://www.dailyfreethinker.com...

That being said it can still be a civil privilege or a protected contract or agreement in which there are less valid excuses for blocking homosexuals from entering into one.

Thank you for being a reasonable conservative. :)

Conservatives get bogged down in stupid social issues. Social issues at most should be settled at the state level but honestly they should abandon the issue completely and stick to economics, foreign policy and size of government almost exclusively.
The wise have eyes in their heads, while the fool walks in the darkness; but I came to realizethat the same fate overtakes them both.
Then I said to myself,
"The fate of the fool will overtake me also.
What then do I gain by being wise?"
I said to myself, "This too is meaningless."
For the wise, like the fool, will not be long remembered;
the days have already come when both have been forgotten.
Like the fool, the wise too must die!
- Ecclesiastes 2:14-16
LiberalProlifer
Posts: 804
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2015 11:20:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/23/2015 11:13:09 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 3/23/2015 11:11:58 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 3/23/2015 11:01:09 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 3/23/2015 11:00:14 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 3/23/2015 8:56:22 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
If you don't like same sex marriage, don't marry someone of the same sex.

Marriage in and of itself is not a right, for any couple of any sex. Why? Because rights have to be inalienable. Marriage cannot be a right because if no one agrees to marry you, you can't get married. That disqualifies marriage from being a right because it is dependent on others for it to come to fruition, which is basically the exact opposite of a true right.

http://www.dailyfreethinker.com...

That being said it can still be a civil privilege or a protected contract or agreement in which there are less valid excuses for blocking homosexuals from entering into one.
I agree.
Thank you for being a reasonable conservative. :)

Conservatives get bogged down in stupid social issues. Social issues at most should be settled at the state level but honestly they should abandon the issue completely and stick to economics, foreign policy and size of government almost exclusively.

I agree.
Lupo
Posts: 90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 6:38:03 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'm not against same sex marriage, but I hate this type of argument.

At 3/23/2015 8:56:22 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
If you don't like same sex marriage, don't marry someone of the same sex.

By your logic, if you are against pedophilia, just don't have sex with kids, our if you are against rape, just don't rape.

Gay people have the right to marriage because they are two adults,aware of their actions, without causing harm to others.
Wylted
Posts: 24,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 7:22:11 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/23/2015 8:56:22 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
If you don't like same sex marriage, don't marry someone of the same sex.

I wish Democrats thought that way with everything.
Wylted
Posts: 24,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 7:23:28 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/23/2015 11:09:47 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 3/23/2015 11:00:14 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 3/23/2015 8:56:22 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
If you don't like same sex marriage, don't marry someone of the same sex.

Marriage in and of itself is not a right, for any couple of any sex. Why? Because rights have to be inalienable. Marriage cannot be a right because if no one agrees to marry you, you can't get married. That disqualifies marriage from being a right because it is dependent on others for it to come to fruition, which is basically the exact opposite of a true right.

http://www.dailyfreethinker.com...

Yes it is. Same sex couples have the same rights as other people. You have no right to force your religious opinion on other people. If you have a problem with gays, don't marry a gay.

What part was religious?
Wylted
Posts: 24,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 7:25:31 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/24/2015 6:38:03 AM, Lupo wrote:
I'm not against same sex marriage, but I hate this type of argument.

At 3/23/2015 8:56:22 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
If you don't like same sex marriage, don't marry someone of the same sex.

By your logic, if you are against pedophilia, just don't have sex with kids, our if you are against rape, just don't rape.

Gay people have the right to marriage because they are two adults,aware of their actions, without causing harm to others.

Not the same. It violates the principle of do what though wilt, so long as it harms no other.
Lupo
Posts: 90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 7:36:56 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/24/2015 7:25:31 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 3/24/2015 6:38:03 AM, Lupo wrote:
I'm not against same sex marriage, but I hate this type of argument.

At 3/23/2015 8:56:22 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
If you don't like same sex marriage, don't marry someone of the same sex.

By your logic, if you are against pedophilia, just don't have sex with kids, our if you are against rape, just don't rape.

Gay people have the right to marriage because they are two adults,aware of their actions, without causing harm to others.

Not the same. It violates the principle of do what though wilt, so long as it harms no other.

Yes, but it isn't in his argument.
The argument is that "if you don't agree with something, don't do it"
So I don't agree when someone uses it.
Wylted
Posts: 24,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 7:40:30 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/24/2015 7:36:56 AM, Lupo wrote:
At 3/24/2015 7:25:31 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 3/24/2015 6:38:03 AM, Lupo wrote:
I'm not against same sex marriage, but I hate this type of argument.

At 3/23/2015 8:56:22 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
If you don't like same sex marriage, don't marry someone of the same sex.

By your logic, if you are against pedophilia, just don't have sex with kids, our if you are against rape, just don't rape.

Gay people have the right to marriage because they are two adults,aware of their actions, without causing harm to others.

Not the same. It violates the principle of do what though wilt, so long as it harms no other.

Yes, but it isn't in his argument.
The argument is that "if you don't agree with something, don't do it"
So I don't agree when someone uses it.

Okay, but I think when people say it, they mean what I stated.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 9:00:36 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/24/2015 6:38:03 AM, Lupo wrote:
I'm not against same sex marriage, but I hate this type of argument.

Very much agree.
My work here is, finally, done.
Lupo
Posts: 90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 9:12:01 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I think marriage is a ritual, not something to have a government permission.
If the ritual in your religion is only between heterosexuals, do in your church .
Inheritance, marriage privileges and etc, are just issues in a simple contract between the people involved.
16kadams
Posts: 10,527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 9:34:15 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/24/2015 9:22:38 AM, ford_prefect wrote:
Can a Scottish liberal be anti gay marriage?

Uh, yeah. Any ideology can have views differing from the ideology but still identify with the group, lol
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
16kadams
Posts: 10,527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 9:34:39 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/23/2015 8:56:22 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
If you don't like same sex marriage, don't marry someone of the same sex.

lol
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
wsmunit7
Posts: 1,318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 12:48:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/23/2015 11:11:00 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 3/23/2015 11:09:47 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 3/23/2015 11:00:14 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 3/23/2015 8:56:22 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
If you don't like same sex marriage, don't marry someone of the same sex.

Marriage in and of itself is not a right, for any couple of any sex. Why? Because rights have to be inalienable. Marriage cannot be a right because if no one agrees to marry you, you can't get married. That disqualifies marriage from being a right because it is dependent on others for it to come to fruition, which is basically the exact opposite of a true right.

http://www.dailyfreethinker.com...

Yes it is. Same sex couples have the same rights as other people. You have no right to force your religious opinion on other people. If you have a problem with gays, don't marry a gay.

Did you even read what I wrote? It's not about religion in the slightest. Marriage isn't a right because it doesn't fit the classical definition of a right. Religion has no part of it. The state can grant marriages to whoever it wants.

Well, SCOTUS disagrees with you, and has ruled it is "a basic human right " in several decisions. No personal offense, but I trust SCOTUS more than I do you.
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,281
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 1:16:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/24/2015 12:48:11 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
At 3/23/2015 11:11:00 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 3/23/2015 11:09:47 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 3/23/2015 11:00:14 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 3/23/2015 8:56:22 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
If you don't like same sex marriage, don't marry someone of the same sex.

Marriage in and of itself is not a right, for any couple of any sex. Why? Because rights have to be inalienable. Marriage cannot be a right because if no one agrees to marry you, you can't get married. That disqualifies marriage from being a right because it is dependent on others for it to come to fruition, which is basically the exact opposite of a true right.

http://www.dailyfreethinker.com...

Yes it is. Same sex couples have the same rights as other people. You have no right to force your religious opinion on other people. If you have a problem with gays, don't marry a gay.

Did you even read what I wrote? It's not about religion in the slightest. Marriage isn't a right because it doesn't fit the classical definition of a right. Religion has no part of it. The state can grant marriages to whoever it wants.

Well, SCOTUS disagrees with you, and has ruled it is "a basic human right " in several decisions. No personal offense, but I trust SCOTUS more than I do you.

Source?
The wise have eyes in their heads, while the fool walks in the darkness; but I came to realizethat the same fate overtakes them both.
Then I said to myself,
"The fate of the fool will overtake me also.
What then do I gain by being wise?"
I said to myself, "This too is meaningless."
For the wise, like the fool, will not be long remembered;
the days have already come when both have been forgotten.
Like the fool, the wise too must die!
- Ecclesiastes 2:14-16
Bennett91
Posts: 5,352
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 1:23:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/23/2015 11:00:14 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 3/23/2015 8:56:22 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
If you don't like same sex marriage, don't marry someone of the same sex.

Marriage in and of itself is not a right, for any couple of any sex. Why? Because rights have to be inalienable. Marriage cannot be a right because if no one agrees to marry you, you can't get married. That disqualifies marriage from being a right because it is dependent on others for it to come to fruition, which is basically the exact opposite of a true right.

http://www.dailyfreethinker.com...

Marriage is a right. http://www.afer.org...

By your logic free speech isn't a right because China alienates it.
David Hildebrand - The Progressive Alternative to Dianne Feinstein! http://www.davidforcalifornia.com...

When the Fascist and the Communist argue over which ideology is better they're really just arguing over preferred styles of bureaucracy before getting sent to a death camp.
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,281
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 1:27:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/24/2015 1:23:28 PM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 3/23/2015 11:00:14 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 3/23/2015 8:56:22 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
If you don't like same sex marriage, don't marry someone of the same sex.

Marriage in and of itself is not a right, for any couple of any sex. Why? Because rights have to be inalienable. Marriage cannot be a right because if no one agrees to marry you, you can't get married. That disqualifies marriage from being a right because it is dependent on others for it to come to fruition, which is basically the exact opposite of a true right.

http://www.dailyfreethinker.com...

Marriage is a right. http://www.afer.org...

By your logic free speech isn't a right because China alienates it.

No that is a complete strawman. Rights cannot be determinant on others for them to be fulfilled. For example, free speech is not only free if someone is listening. And China is a rights violator not a rights destroyer.
The wise have eyes in their heads, while the fool walks in the darkness; but I came to realizethat the same fate overtakes them both.
Then I said to myself,
"The fate of the fool will overtake me also.
What then do I gain by being wise?"
I said to myself, "This too is meaningless."
For the wise, like the fool, will not be long remembered;
the days have already come when both have been forgotten.
Like the fool, the wise too must die!
- Ecclesiastes 2:14-16
Bennett91
Posts: 5,352
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 1:30:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/24/2015 1:27:48 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 3/24/2015 1:23:28 PM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 3/23/2015 11:00:14 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 3/23/2015 8:56:22 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
If you don't like same sex marriage, don't marry someone of the same sex.

Marriage in and of itself is not a right, for any couple of any sex. Why? Because rights have to be inalienable. Marriage cannot be a right because if no one agrees to marry you, you can't get married. That disqualifies marriage from being a right because it is dependent on others for it to come to fruition, which is basically the exact opposite of a true right.

http://www.dailyfreethinker.com...

Marriage is a right. http://www.afer.org...

By your logic free speech isn't a right because China alienates it.

No that is a complete strawman. Rights cannot be determinant on others for them to be fulfilled. For example, free speech is not only free if someone is listening. And China is a rights violator not a rights destroyer.

Who grants rights? Aldo you ignored the first part where the right to marriage is shown to exist under US law.
David Hildebrand - The Progressive Alternative to Dianne Feinstein! http://www.davidforcalifornia.com...

When the Fascist and the Communist argue over which ideology is better they're really just arguing over preferred styles of bureaucracy before getting sent to a death camp.
ford_prefect
Posts: 4,290
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 2:04:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/24/2015 9:34:15 AM, 16kadams wrote:
At 3/24/2015 9:22:38 AM, ford_prefect wrote:
Can a Scottish liberal be anti gay marriage?

Uh, yeah. Any ideology can have views differing from the ideology but still identify with the group, lol

You don't understand. Liberals can be pro life
GamrDeb8rBbrH8r
Posts: 341
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 2:30:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/23/2015 9:29:15 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 3/23/2015 8:56:22 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
If you don't like same sex marriage, don't marry someone of the same sex.

I agree; God gave human beings free will to do that which is sinful. They do indeed have a right to get married, as it hurts no person.

LiberalProfiler: If you don't like same-religion marriage, don't marry someone of the same religion.

Vox_Veritas: I agree; God gave human beings free will to do that which is sinful. They do indeed have a right to get married, as it hurts no person.
"There's no diversity because we're burning in the melting pot."

-Immortal Technique

Rap battle VS Truth_Seeker: http://www.debate.org...
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,281
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 3:01:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/24/2015 1:30:28 PM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 3/24/2015 1:27:48 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 3/24/2015 1:23:28 PM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 3/23/2015 11:00:14 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 3/23/2015 8:56:22 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
If you don't like same sex marriage, don't marry someone of the same sex.

Marriage in and of itself is not a right, for any couple of any sex. Why? Because rights have to be inalienable. Marriage cannot be a right because if no one agrees to marry you, you can't get married. That disqualifies marriage from being a right because it is dependent on others for it to come to fruition, which is basically the exact opposite of a true right.

http://www.dailyfreethinker.com...

Marriage is a right. http://www.afer.org...

By your logic free speech isn't a right because China alienates it.

No that is a complete strawman. Rights cannot be determinant on others for them to be fulfilled. For example, free speech is not only free if someone is listening. And China is a rights violator not a rights destroyer.

Who grants rights? Aldo you ignored the first part where the right to marriage is shown to exist under US law.

God grants rights.
Right is a misnomer in that case, of course the ability to marry appears under US law. It should be a protected civil privilege but not a right.
The wise have eyes in their heads, while the fool walks in the darkness; but I came to realizethat the same fate overtakes them both.
Then I said to myself,
"The fate of the fool will overtake me also.
What then do I gain by being wise?"
I said to myself, "This too is meaningless."
For the wise, like the fool, will not be long remembered;
the days have already come when both have been forgotten.
Like the fool, the wise too must die!
- Ecclesiastes 2:14-16