Jump to topic:

What advice would you offer Ted Cruz

Lookingatissues
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 10:05:11 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
The first and last portions of Rudyard Kipling's poem,... IF... are portions that I would advise Ted Cruz to heed and be wise to take to heart since he has announced that he is running for president.
Surely the long knifes of both his political enemies and those who he once considered to at least, not to have wished him any harm because of sharing a membership in the republican party will now join forces and advance against him in common cause, to do him in.
The Poem's advise goes like this...
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or, being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or, being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise;...."

And then the last portion of the poem...

"If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch;
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run -
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man my son!"
Be ware, because they're coming for you, your enemies and those in the republican party who you never doubted, are coming for you with their long knifes drawn, be ware, be very aware..
poem.... IF....
by Rudyard Kippling
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 10:11:27 AM
I'd tell him to take care of his corporate sponsors, so he has the financial backing to win a second term.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 10:19:28 AM
At 3/25/2015 10:11:27 AM, Wylted wrote:
I'd tell him to take care of his corporate sponsors, so he has the financial backing to win a second term.

Also look at McCain and Romney, and don't do any of that.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 10:31:52 AM
At 3/25/2015 10:19:28 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

It was like McCain and Romney weren't even trying to win, especially Romney. Atleast McCain got some sexy woman to run with him. Somebody knows sex sales.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 10:33:24 AM
At 3/25/2015 10:31:52 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 3/25/2015 10:19:28 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

It was like McCain and Romney weren't even trying to win, especially Romney. Atleast McCain got some sexy woman to run with him. Somebody knows sex sales.

Who in their right mind says "I don't need 47% of the vote?"
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 10:35:26 AM
At 3/25/2015 10:34:33 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
Oh yah and mr. nice McCain, "Obama is a great guy. I would vote for him."

Lol
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 10:50:24 AM
At 3/25/2015 10:35:26 AM, Wylted wrote:

Lol

I mean c'mon, there's no way press bias can explain the outrageous comments like that. Even with those chump candidates, Obama barely squeeked by. Pundits are really overestimating the current bar to hurdle to beat Hillary who is used to losing.

I mean, how hard is it to not say something totally stupid? Just read from the teleprompter if you have to! Worked for Obama!
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 10:56:22 AM
At 3/25/2015 10:50:24 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

Lol

I mean c'mon, there's no way press bias can explain the outrageous comments like that. Even with those chump candidates, Obama barely squeeked by. Pundits are really overestimating the current bar to hurdle to beat Hillary who is used to losing.

I mean, how hard is it to not say something totally stupid? Just read from the teleprompter if you have to! Worked for Obama!

It is impossible to not say something stupid. You could see when the liberal media covered the vice presidential debate when McCain was running, they "accidently" forgot to cut Palin's mike while she was greeting her family.

They were clearly trying to trap her, so I am not sure how to avoid it, and with the media just playing sound bites anything can get taken out of context.

Even if you don't say anything wrong, the media will pretend as if an innocent comment is in some odd way racist. Look at what happened to Limbaugh. Somehow him calling the media racist, made him a racist. Like, what?

Unless they think him calling McNabb over rated was somehow racist. McNabb was clearly over rated. They were making the guy out to be the next Brett Favre or something.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 11:00:33 AM
At 3/25/2015 10:56:22 AM, Wylted wrote:

Lol

It is impossible to not say something stupid. You could see when the liberal media covered the vice presidential debate when McCain was running, they "accidently" forgot to cut Palin's mike while she was greeting her family.

They were clearly trying to trap her, so I am not sure how to avoid it, and with the media just playing sound bites anything can get taken out of context.

Even if you don't say anything wrong, the media will pretend as if an innocent comment is in some odd way racist. Look at what happened to Limbaugh. Somehow him calling the media racist, made him a racist. Like, what?

Unless they think him calling McNabb over rated was somehow racist. McNabb was clearly over rated. They were making the guy out to be the next Brett Favre or something.

No no no, don't get me wrong, there are going to be gaffes, but Obama's gaffes were never on the level of 47% and Nice guy.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 11:02:15 AM
At 3/25/2015 11:00:33 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

Lol

No no no, don't get me wrong, there are going to be gaffes, but Obama's gaffes were never on the level of 47% and Nice guy.

Oddly I think 90 percent of Americans would say they hate half of americans. I am not sure why it is so bad when he says the equivalent of that.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 11:08:56 AM
At 3/25/2015 11:02:15 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 3/25/2015 11:00:33 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

Lol

Oddly I think 90 percent of Americans would say they hate half of americans. I am not sure why it is so bad when he says the equivalent of that.

Because it's all about smoke and mirrors. Whatever candidate is able to artfully dodge will win the lazy voter. Just take a lawyer's advice and shut the hell up when the jury is sizing you up.