Total Posts:11|Showing Posts:1-11
Jump to topic:

Conservatives can be pro big government....

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 7:14:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
There I said it. Conservatives can be pro big government, by forming new agencies for obscure crime. The DEA, FBI, police, homeland security, CIA, NSA, INS and God knows what other groups with 3 initials. I am not sure what they'll do when every combination of 3 initials is taken up.

Not only can they be pro 1984 style esque policing measures, they can also be pro welfare, creating all types of tax rebates for random stuff.

I am not one of those conservatives that are pro big government. I just wanted to point out that liberals are not the only ones that can depart radically from the ideology, they are supposed to be proponents of.

I hope liberal prolifer is reading and has learned something.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 9:05:04 AM
At 3/26/2015 7:14:43 AM, Wylted wrote:
There I said it. Conservatives can be pro big government, by forming new agencies for obscure crime. The DEA, FBI, police, homeland security, CIA, NSA, INS and God knows what other groups with 3 initials. I am not sure what they'll do when every combination of 3 initials is taken up.

Not only can they be pro 1984 style esque policing measures, they can also be pro welfare, creating all types of tax rebates for random stuff.

I am not one of those conservatives that are pro big government. I just wanted to point out that liberals are not the only ones that can depart radically from the ideology, they are supposed to be proponents of.

It's true but usually these people are moderate or big government Republicans who fly under the guise of conservatives. Unfortunately, there aren't many true small government conservatives today. And when a few pop up and say they want to cut government, get rid of departments, they're called crazy and impractical and told to hush up.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 9:07:53 AM
At 3/26/2015 9:05:04 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

It's true but usually these people are moderate or big government Republicans who fly under the guise of conservatives. Unfortunately, there aren't many true small government conservatives today. And when a few pop up and say they want to cut government, get rid of departments, they're called crazy and impractical and told to hush up.

I feel like crying knowing that liberals have infiltrated the Republican Party :*(
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 9:08:28 AM
At 3/26/2015 9:07:53 AM, Wylted wrote:

I feel like crying knowing that liberals have infiltrated the Republican Party :*(

Wave to Jeb Bush! *Hi Jeb!*
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 11:27:25 AM
At 3/26/2015 9:08:28 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Jeb was widely considered the most conservative governor when he was in office, lol.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 11:52:17 AM
At 3/26/2015 11:27:25 AM, 16kadams wrote:
At 3/26/2015 9:08:28 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Jeb was widely considered the most conservative governor when he was in office, lol.

I wouldn't say that. Most conservative Florida had seen in a long time, in general? No. How can you be a conservative and claim you don't need conservative votes?

http://www.breitbart.com...
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 1:40:49 PM

Lol

Conservatives being pro big crony government is not news to any independent voter.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 3:31:21 PM
At 3/26/2015 9:31:39 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Liberals can be Prolife.

Republicans can be pro democrat
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 3:54:26 PM

"American Conservatism" is not a clearly defined unified ideology. More than anything it's a bloc of different beliefs which typically lean to the right.
The "New Right" is a term used to describe the more authoritarian, pro-military, nationalistic part of the Conservative movement which brought us the War in Iraq and Afghanistan and supports more funding for the F-35.
Then, there is the more Libertarian part of the Conservative movement, namely the Tea Party movement and the NRA.
However, often a belief in Militarism and nationalism is mixed with belief in free markets and individualism. Sometimes these two groups are mutually exclusive; the huge cost of the War on Terror is incompatible with fiscal conservativism (though to be fair, annual welfare spending dwarfs military spending), and gun control measures are sometimes supported in the name of national security. Also, the idea of the Government showing unfair favor towards certain large corporations is uncapitalistic.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 3:55:05 PM
At 3/26/2015 9:31:39 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Liberals can be Prolife.

Sitara started a meme!
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid