Jump to topic:

The 44th President?

comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2010 7:09:38 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
What are the chances that he will have a second term?

I personally think that it will be a mirror of John Kerry Vs Bush, but happening to the republican party.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2010 7:13:37 PM
At 7/22/2010 7:09:38 PM, comoncents wrote:

Good. He may not have amazing approval ratings, but the man is still generally liked (I think the last poll had him at 55% or something in favourability) and he's got amazing fundraising abilities and an extremely enviable volunteer database. Republicans can't simply run an "we-oppose-Obama" campaign - they need a vision, a future, and an up-to-date organization. Even the personalities currently considered "in the running" aren't that great. How can they beat Obama? Taking over the House or Senate is simply not the same.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2010 7:20:09 PM
At 7/22/2010 7:13:37 PM, Volkov wrote:

Good. He may not have amazing approval ratings, but the man is still generally liked (I think the last poll had him at 55% or something in favourability) and he's got amazing fundraising abilities and an extremely enviable volunteer database. Republicans can't simply run an "we-oppose-Obama" campaign - they need a vision, a future, and an up-to-date organization. Even the personalities currently considered "in the running" aren't that great. How can they beat Obama? Taking over the House or Senate is simply not the same.

Yeah, I think your right. Republican do not have a clear plan. They talk about the economy but they did as much to drown it then Obama is now.
No real plan will equal re-election in my eyes.

I think Kerry had a better plan against a President that did a lot of harm.
Personally, I think a person like Ron Paul is the only chance.

Someone that is consistent in voting.
cjl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2010 8:15:14 PM

I personally think that it will be a mirror of John Kerry Vs Bush, but happening to the republican party.

It could be helpful to have him, as he did get the healthcare bill passed. He could get it on its feet smoothly.
Rob1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2010 10:57:47 PM
Yeah Ron Paul is the only one who could possibly shake things up enough to make an impact. I don't think a lot of Republicans like Paul enough though; winning the nomination would be next to impossible for him. He's just the crazy guy who has crazy supporters but who don't quite add up to enough people to really count.
Master P is the end result of capitalism.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2010 6:09:18 AM
At 7/22/2010 10:57:47 PM, Rob1Billion wrote:
Yeah Ron Paul is the only one who could possibly shake things up enough to make an impact. I don't think a lot of Republicans like Paul enough though; winning the nomination would be next to impossible for him.:

Ron Paul always makes waves wherever he goes, but he's really getting old now, and has expressed no interest in running again. I, personally, hope that he does, but it is unlikely.

And yes, he's too much of a real Republican for modern Republicans to go for it. The neo-cons would never go for it. They love war just too much.

He's just the crazy guy who has crazy supporters but who don't quite add up to enough people to really count.:

Hmmm... In what way is he and his supporters "crazy?" If the maximization of freedom and sensible economic principles is "crazy," then consider me bat-sh*t insane!
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2010 6:39:36 AM
At 7/22/2010 7:13:37 PM, Volkov wrote:

The last poll I saw had his approval rate at 44% and disapproval at 48%. The show also showed another that said that a lot of people wouldn't vote for Obama again, it was something over 50% but I don't remember exacts. I'll have to look up the numbers.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2010 8:30:28 AM
At 7/23/2010 6:39:36 AM, Korashk wrote:
The last poll I saw had his approval rate at 44% and disapproval at 48%. The show also showed another that said that a lot of people wouldn't vote for Obama again, it was something over 50% but I don't remember exacts. I'll have to look up the numbers.

I was talking about his personal popularity, *not* his approval rating. I do know of the latter question, though, but the problem is that they didn't exactly ask it the other way around - whether they'd vote for the Republican candidate. They could, or they simply don't have to vote.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2010 8:34:50 AM
Republicans = need to promise to cut taxes, promise to refrain from government intervention, go back to a mix of Jeffersonian-Democratic ideals with an economic policy that has some utilization of Hamilton and Mellon.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2010 8:51:33 AM
At 7/23/2010 8:34:50 AM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
Republicans = need to promise to cut taxes, promise to refrain from government intervention, go back to a mix of Jeffersonian-Democratic ideals with an economic policy that has some utilization of Hamilton and Mellon.

Also, it would be beneficial to adapt a policy against military expansion, against welfare, and a focus on business development as well as scientific research.
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2010 9:19:18 AM
Obama will likely be elected to a second term. The big question right now is... what will happen during these mid-term elections. I expect the Republicans to make some gains, but not near as much as they are claiming that they will make. I predict the Democrats will still have a small majority in both houses.
twsurber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2010 9:53:19 AM
Barry Sotero will likely be re-elected. The Repugnicuns are just as corrrupt as the Democraps, and have absolutely no one of credible leadership at this juncture. McCain, Palin, Romney, nor Huckabee can defeat BS.

Call it wasting a vote if you will, but I am supporting my candidate with my vote: Alan Keyes in 2012
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2010 9:58:12 AM
At 7/23/2010 9:53:19 AM, twsurber wrote:
Barry Sotero will likely be re-elected. The Repugnicuns are just as corrrupt as the Democraps, and have absolutely no one of credible leadership at this juncture. McCain, Palin, Romney, nor Huckabee can defeat BS.

Call it wasting a vote if you will, but I am supporting my candidate with my vote: Alan Keyes in 2012

That guy is nuts!
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2010 10:00:51 AM

Hahahaha. You're kidding, right? Alan Keyes is just about the most pathetic politician on your side of the border that can exist, and you've got a lot of pathetic politicians down there. It really will be a wasted vote - especially if the guy gets in.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2010 7:18:50 PM
At 7/23/2010 10:00:51 AM, Volkov wrote:

Hahahaha. You're kidding, right? Alan Keyes is just about the most pathetic politician on your side of the border that can exist,

I agree. He has NO chance!

and you've got a lot of pathetic politicians down there. It really will be a wasted vote - especially if the guy gets in.

He will run under the Constitution Party or the party he made up, America's Independent Party.
He is still wrapped up in the... well you read it.

"Keyes filed a lawsuit on November 14, 2008 against the California Secretary of State, then-President-elect Barack Obama, then-Vice President-elect Joe Biden, and California's 55 Democratic electors,[95][96] seeking to challenge Obama's eligibility for the US Presidency. The suit requests that Obama provide documentation that he is a natural born citizen of the United States.[97][98]
Following Obama's inauguration, Keyes denied he had been constitutionally inaugurated, refused to call him president, and called him an "usurper" and a "radical communist".[99][100]"
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2010 9:58:30 PM
At 7/23/2010 6:09:18 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Yeah Ron Paul is the only one who could possibly shake things up enough to make an impact. I don't think a lot of Republicans like Paul enough though; winning the nomination would be next to impossible for him.:

Ron Paul always makes waves wherever he goes, but he's really getting old now, and has expressed no interest in running again. I, personally, hope that he does, but it is unlikely.

Funny, no.

http://www.theronpaulteaparty.com...
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2010 5:07:30 AM
At 7/23/2010 9:58:30 PM, comoncents wrote:
At 7/23/2010 6:09:18 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

Funny, no.

http://www.theronpaulteaparty.com...

Counter: To this page ever - Unique: 6835

Yea, not happening.

Even with 10 million Ron Paul won't go that far.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2010 10:12:35 AM
At 7/24/2010 10:11:17 AM, comoncents wrote:
Would you rather a Neocon or Obama?

To be honest, if it were up to this, I would chose to have Obama with a republican house majority.