Total Posts:12|Showing Posts:1-12
Jump to topic:

Is it possible to beat Hillary in 2016 Pri's?

daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2015 1:57:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Hillary Clinton, by far, is the frontrunner for the Democratic Party nomination for the 2016 Presidential Election, even though she hasn't announced her intention to run(But let's face it, she's running.). I, myself, cannot see a way in which she doesn't get nominated, short of not running.

So, I pose to you, Politics section, the question:

Is it feasibly possible for a contender to beat Hillary Clinton in the 2016 Democratic Primaries? If so, I'd like to hear your scenario in which that would happen.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
ford_prefect
Posts: 4,143
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2015 2:00:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/28/2015 1:57:03 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
Hillary Clinton, by far, is the frontrunner for the Democratic Party nomination for the 2016 Presidential Election, even though she hasn't announced her intention to run(But let's face it, she's running.). I, myself, cannot see a way in which she doesn't get nominated, short of not running.

So, I pose to you, Politics section, the question:

Is it feasibly possible for a contender to beat Hillary Clinton in the 2016 Democratic Primaries? If so, I'd like to hear your scenario in which that would happen.

I hope so, but unfortunately I don't see it happening. The worst part is, then we will be stuck with either her or a republican for the next 4 years
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2015 2:09:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
To me, there are three things that work against any challenger to Clinton, both in the primaries, and in the general election:

1. Name-Brand recognition- She's Hillary f*cking Clinton.
2. The Woman vote- Hillary can rack up pretty much all the woman vote. This factor becomes null if she runs against Elizabeth Warren in the primaries, but the other two factors work VERY hard against Warren
3. Campaign Infrastructure- The Hillary Clinton election machine is very much real. It is efficient, and ruthless.

Considering this, it makes Obama's 2008 primary victory seem very impressive, and I would call it one of the greatest primary upsets in election history.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Praesentya
Posts: 195
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2015 4:29:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Underdogs come out of the primaries on top all the time...

Hilary Clinton was the front-runner in '08 as well.

I'm not saying she isn't going to win, just pointing out that the Democrats love underdogs.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2015 5:58:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/28/2015 1:57:03 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
Hillary Clinton, by far, is the frontrunner for the Democratic Party nomination for the 2016 Presidential Election, even though she hasn't announced her intention to run(But let's face it, she's running.). I, myself, cannot see a way in which she doesn't get nominated, short of not running.

So, I pose to you, Politics section, the question:

Is it feasibly possible for a contender to beat Hillary Clinton in the 2016 Democratic Primaries? If so, I'd like to hear your scenario in which that would happen.

1992. Bill Clinton, a complete unknown, clinches the nomination. 2008. Barack Obama, a complete unknown, comes from behind in the polls to clinch the nomination over Hillary Clinton. Hillary Clinton is only the best of the worst. She doesn't have the cult of personality or the vivacious liberalism that inspires people to vote *for* someone. If she wins the primary, it will be because most people are voting against the other candidates.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2015 6:35:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/28/2015 5:58:50 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 3/28/2015 1:57:03 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
Hillary Clinton, by far, is the frontrunner for the Democratic Party nomination for the 2016 Presidential Election, even though she hasn't announced her intention to run(But let's face it, she's running.). I, myself, cannot see a way in which she doesn't get nominated, short of not running.

So, I pose to you, Politics section, the question:

Is it feasibly possible for a contender to beat Hillary Clinton in the 2016 Democratic Primaries? If so, I'd like to hear your scenario in which that would happen.

1992. Bill Clinton, a complete unknown, clinches the nomination. 2008. Barack Obama, a complete unknown, comes from behind in the polls to clinch the nomination over Hillary Clinton. Hillary Clinton is only the best of the worst. She doesn't have the cult of personality or the vivacious liberalism that inspires people to vote *for* someone. If she wins the primary, it will be because most people are voting against the other candidates.

Do you have likely candidates for the Democratic Nomination victory?
#FeeltheFreezerBern
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2015 6:37:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/28/2015 6:35:27 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 3/28/2015 5:58:50 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 3/28/2015 1:57:03 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
Hillary Clinton, by far, is the frontrunner for the Democratic Party nomination for the 2016 Presidential Election, even though she hasn't announced her intention to run(But let's face it, she's running.). I, myself, cannot see a way in which she doesn't get nominated, short of not running.

So, I pose to you, Politics section, the question:

Is it feasibly possible for a contender to beat Hillary Clinton in the 2016 Democratic Primaries? If so, I'd like to hear your scenario in which that would happen.

1992. Bill Clinton, a complete unknown, clinches the nomination. 2008. Barack Obama, a complete unknown, comes from behind in the polls to clinch the nomination over Hillary Clinton. Hillary Clinton is only the best of the worst. She doesn't have the cult of personality or the vivacious liberalism that inspires people to vote *for* someone. If she wins the primary, it will be because most people are voting against the other candidates.

Do you have likely candidates for the Democratic Nomination victory?

Kind of my point was that no one could have predicted the dark horse candidate victories of the past. It's way too early to know if an unknown can unseat her.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2015 6:42:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/28/2015 6:37:18 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 3/28/2015 6:35:27 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 3/28/2015 5:58:50 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 3/28/2015 1:57:03 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
Hillary Clinton, by far, is the frontrunner for the Democratic Party nomination for the 2016 Presidential Election, even though she hasn't announced her intention to run(But let's face it, she's running.). I, myself, cannot see a way in which she doesn't get nominated, short of not running.

So, I pose to you, Politics section, the question:

Is it feasibly possible for a contender to beat Hillary Clinton in the 2016 Democratic Primaries? If so, I'd like to hear your scenario in which that would happen.

1992. Bill Clinton, a complete unknown, clinches the nomination. 2008. Barack Obama, a complete unknown, comes from behind in the polls to clinch the nomination over Hillary Clinton. Hillary Clinton is only the best of the worst. She doesn't have the cult of personality or the vivacious liberalism that inspires people to vote *for* someone. If she wins the primary, it will be because most people are voting against the other candidates.

Do you have likely candidates for the Democratic Nomination victory?

Kind of my point was that no one could have predicted the dark horse candidate victories of the past. It's way too early to know if an unknown can unseat her.

Well, Obama already announced his candidacy by this point in 2007. The field doesn't have any underdogs to choose from. I don't consider Jim Webb to fit your description, considering he is known for being a moderate. The only person who'd fit your description and who I see is a serious threat is Elizabeth Warren, but she already said she wouldn't run.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2015 6:43:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/28/2015 6:42:48 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 3/28/2015 6:37:18 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 3/28/2015 6:35:27 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 3/28/2015 5:58:50 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 3/28/2015 1:57:03 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
Hillary Clinton, by far, is the frontrunner for the Democratic Party nomination for the 2016 Presidential Election, even though she hasn't announced her intention to run(But let's face it, she's running.). I, myself, cannot see a way in which she doesn't get nominated, short of not running.

So, I pose to you, Politics section, the question:

Is it feasibly possible for a contender to beat Hillary Clinton in the 2016 Democratic Primaries? If so, I'd like to hear your scenario in which that would happen.

1992. Bill Clinton, a complete unknown, clinches the nomination. 2008. Barack Obama, a complete unknown, comes from behind in the polls to clinch the nomination over Hillary Clinton. Hillary Clinton is only the best of the worst. She doesn't have the cult of personality or the vivacious liberalism that inspires people to vote *for* someone. If she wins the primary, it will be because most people are voting against the other candidates.

Do you have likely candidates for the Democratic Nomination victory?

Kind of my point was that no one could have predicted the dark horse candidate victories of the past. It's way too early to know if an unknown can unseat her.

Well, Obama already announced his candidacy by this point in 2007. The field doesn't have any underdogs to choose from. I don't consider Jim Webb to fit your description, considering he is known for being a moderate. The only person who'd fit your description and who I see is a serious threat is Elizabeth Warren, but she already said she wouldn't run.

Frank Underwood said he wouldn't run...
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2015 6:57:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/28/2015 6:43:35 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 3/28/2015 6:42:48 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 3/28/2015 6:37:18 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 3/28/2015 6:35:27 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 3/28/2015 5:58:50 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 3/28/2015 1:57:03 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
Hillary Clinton, by far, is the frontrunner for the Democratic Party nomination for the 2016 Presidential Election, even though she hasn't announced her intention to run(But let's face it, she's running.). I, myself, cannot see a way in which she doesn't get nominated, short of not running.

So, I pose to you, Politics section, the question:

Is it feasibly possible for a contender to beat Hillary Clinton in the 2016 Democratic Primaries? If so, I'd like to hear your scenario in which that would happen.

1992. Bill Clinton, a complete unknown, clinches the nomination. 2008. Barack Obama, a complete unknown, comes from behind in the polls to clinch the nomination over Hillary Clinton. Hillary Clinton is only the best of the worst. She doesn't have the cult of personality or the vivacious liberalism that inspires people to vote *for* someone. If she wins the primary, it will be because most people are voting against the other candidates.

Do you have likely candidates for the Democratic Nomination victory?

Kind of my point was that no one could have predicted the dark horse candidate victories of the past. It's way too early to know if an unknown can unseat her.

Well, Obama already announced his candidacy by this point in 2007. The field doesn't have any underdogs to choose from. I don't consider Jim Webb to fit your description, considering he is known for being a moderate. The only person who'd fit your description and who I see is a serious threat is Elizabeth Warren, but she already said she wouldn't run.

Frank Underwood said he wouldn't run...

Frank Underwood, in that very same speech, announced America Works, which, if you spend at least ten seconds thinking about it, you realize that it's a f*cking stupid program.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2015 7:05:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/28/2015 6:57:06 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 3/28/2015 6:43:35 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 3/28/2015 6:42:48 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 3/28/2015 6:37:18 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 3/28/2015 6:35:27 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 3/28/2015 5:58:50 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 3/28/2015 1:57:03 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
Hillary Clinton, by far, is the frontrunner for the Democratic Party nomination for the 2016 Presidential Election, even though she hasn't announced her intention to run(But let's face it, she's running.). I, myself, cannot see a way in which she doesn't get nominated, short of not running.

So, I pose to you, Politics section, the question:

Is it feasibly possible for a contender to beat Hillary Clinton in the 2016 Democratic Primaries? If so, I'd like to hear your scenario in which that would happen.

1992. Bill Clinton, a complete unknown, clinches the nomination. 2008. Barack Obama, a complete unknown, comes from behind in the polls to clinch the nomination over Hillary Clinton. Hillary Clinton is only the best of the worst. She doesn't have the cult of personality or the vivacious liberalism that inspires people to vote *for* someone. If she wins the primary, it will be because most people are voting against the other candidates.

Do you have likely candidates for the Democratic Nomination victory?

Kind of my point was that no one could have predicted the dark horse candidate victories of the past. It's way too early to know if an unknown can unseat her.

Well, Obama already announced his candidacy by this point in 2007. The field doesn't have any underdogs to choose from. I don't consider Jim Webb to fit your description, considering he is known for being a moderate. The only person who'd fit your description and who I see is a serious threat is Elizabeth Warren, but she already said she wouldn't run.

Frank Underwood said he wouldn't run...

Frank Underwood, in that very same speech, announced America Works, which, if you spend at least ten seconds thinking about it, you realize that it's a f*cking stupid program.

No duh. Take from the impoverished elderly to give very low paying jobs to the unemployed. Not exactly a genius plan.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2015 7:10:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/28/2015 7:05:26 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 3/28/2015 6:57:06 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 3/28/2015 6:43:35 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 3/28/2015 6:42:48 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 3/28/2015 6:37:18 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 3/28/2015 6:35:27 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 3/28/2015 5:58:50 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 3/28/2015 1:57:03 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
Hillary Clinton, by far, is the frontrunner for the Democratic Party nomination for the 2016 Presidential Election, even though she hasn't announced her intention to run(But let's face it, she's running.). I, myself, cannot see a way in which she doesn't get nominated, short of not running.

So, I pose to you, Politics section, the question:

Is it feasibly possible for a contender to beat Hillary Clinton in the 2016 Democratic Primaries? If so, I'd like to hear your scenario in which that would happen.

1992. Bill Clinton, a complete unknown, clinches the nomination. 2008. Barack Obama, a complete unknown, comes from behind in the polls to clinch the nomination over Hillary Clinton. Hillary Clinton is only the best of the worst. She doesn't have the cult of personality or the vivacious liberalism that inspires people to vote *for* someone. If she wins the primary, it will be because most people are voting against the other candidates.

Do you have likely candidates for the Democratic Nomination victory?

Kind of my point was that no one could have predicted the dark horse candidate victories of the past. It's way too early to know if an unknown can unseat her.

Well, Obama already announced his candidacy by this point in 2007. The field doesn't have any underdogs to choose from. I don't consider Jim Webb to fit your description, considering he is known for being a moderate. The only person who'd fit your description and who I see is a serious threat is Elizabeth Warren, but she already said she wouldn't run.

Frank Underwood said he wouldn't run...

Frank Underwood, in that very same speech, announced America Works, which, if you spend at least ten seconds thinking about it, you realize that it's a f*cking stupid program.

No duh. Take from the impoverished elderly to give very low paying jobs to the unemployed. Not exactly a genius plan.

Not only that, but it's stupid to even think of cutting Social Security, when you realize that, although it costs a metric f*ckton, it is designed so that, as long as the labor force is larger than the pool of retirees, then it actually makes the government money. At least, that's my understanding.

Also, to your point, tip of advice to any person running for president: NEVER piss off the elderly.
#FeeltheFreezerBern