Total Posts:13|Showing Posts:1-13
Jump to topic:

Is feminism sexist?

Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,070
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 8:02:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/29/2015 12:51:43 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
I think it is.

Spell check, please.
Anyway, why do you think this?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
LiberalProlifer
Posts: 803
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 4:12:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/29/2015 8:02:25 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 3/29/2015 12:51:43 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
I think it is.

Spell check, please.
Anyway, why do you think this?

Because feminists are always hating on men. I had to block a feminists for saying that all men are rapists.
airmax1227
Posts: 13,240
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 7:00:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/29/2015 4:12:14 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 3/29/2015 8:02:25 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 3/29/2015 12:51:43 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
I think it is.

Spell check, please.
Anyway, why do you think this?

Because feminists are always hating on men. I had to block a feminists for saying that all men are rapists.

Feminism isn't inherently sexist, just as any rights group isn't some other type of "ist".

If you extended your argument further you could say that civil rights advocacy is racist because some civil rights advocates hate on some other kind of people.

An entire movement isn't damned because of one or more of it's advocates.

Feminism is advocacy for woman's rights - and no, that isn't sexist.
Debate.org Moderator
Lupo
Posts: 90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 6:41:29 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Yes, sexism is the discrimination based on gender.
Feminism fight only for female rights, discriminating the male rights.

One of most popular quote on feminism is "Against Patriarchy" or "Against masculinism",putting the male as source of all problems, if they weren't sexist they fight against any type of sexism not only male.
GamrDeb8rBbrH8r
Posts: 341
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 7:38:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/29/2015 4:12:14 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 3/29/2015 8:02:25 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 3/29/2015 12:51:43 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
I think it is.

Spell check, please.
Anyway, why do you think this?

Because feminists are always hating on men. I had to block a feminists for saying that all men are rapists.

That's feminazis you're thinking of.
"There's no diversity because we're burning in the melting pot."

-Immortal Technique

Rap battle VS Truth_Seeker: http://www.debate.org...
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 9:30:49 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 6:41:29 AM, Lupo wrote:
Yes, sexism is the discrimination based on gender.
Feminism fight only for female rights, discriminating the male rights.

One of most popular quote on feminism is "Against Patriarchy" or "Against masculinism",putting the male as source of all problems, if they weren't sexist they fight against any type of sexism not only male.

Because female rights have historically been ignored and trampled upon.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Philocat
Posts: 728
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 9:44:56 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 9:30:49 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 3/30/2015 6:41:29 AM, Lupo wrote:
Yes, sexism is the discrimination based on gender.
Feminism fight only for female rights, discriminating the male rights.

One of most popular quote on feminism is "Against Patriarchy" or "Against masculinism",putting the male as source of all problems, if they weren't sexist they fight against any type of sexism not only male.

Because female rights have historically been ignored and trampled upon.

But why should a contemporary movement concern itself with history? Women have virtually equal rights now, so any current feminist demands are likely to go beyond the seeking of equal rights, straying into misandry.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 9:59:06 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 9:44:56 AM, Philocat wrote:
At 3/30/2015 9:30:49 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 3/30/2015 6:41:29 AM, Lupo wrote:
Yes, sexism is the discrimination based on gender.
Feminism fight only for female rights, discriminating the male rights.

One of most popular quote on feminism is "Against Patriarchy" or "Against masculinism",putting the male as source of all problems, if they weren't sexist they fight against any type of sexism not only male.

Because female rights have historically been ignored and trampled upon.

But why should a contemporary movement concern itself with history? Women have virtually equal rights now, so any current feminist demands are likely to go beyond the seeking of equal rights, straying into misandry.

Because movements - contemporary or otherwise - don't occur in a vacuum. That's the whole reason for the movements in the first place. And there's a still a lot of work to be done on that front for women anyways.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Lupo
Posts: 90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 11:51:56 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 9:30:49 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 3/30/2015 6:41:29 AM, Lupo wrote:
Yes, sexism is the discrimination based on gender.
Feminism fight only for female rights, discriminating the male rights.

One of most popular quote on feminism is "Against Patriarchy" or "Against masculinism",putting the male as source of all problems, if they weren't sexist they fight against any type of sexism not only male.

Because female rights have historically been ignored and trampled upon.

No, human rights have historically been ignored and trampled upon, not only women and not because they are women.

However many societies possessed rules to protect only women, such as Chivalry for example.
LiberalProlifer
Posts: 803
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 9:24:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 7:38:44 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 3/29/2015 4:12:14 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 3/29/2015 8:02:25 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 3/29/2015 12:51:43 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
I think it is.

Spell check, please.
Anyway, why do you think this?

Because feminists are always hating on men. I had to block a feminists for saying that all men are rapists.

That's feminazis you're thinking of.
Same difference.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 9:30:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 9:24:29 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 3/30/2015 7:38:44 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 3/29/2015 4:12:14 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 3/29/2015 8:02:25 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 3/29/2015 12:51:43 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
I think it is.

Spell check, please.
Anyway, why do you think this?

Because feminists are always hating on men. I had to block a feminists for saying that all men are rapists.

That's feminazis you're thinking of.
Same difference.

Not really. Now you're applying the no true scotsman fallacy. Feminism is not a single point on political ideology chart, it only holds certain stances, and beyond that, it is open. This means that along with being able to be taken to an extreme, many issues are up in the air on it, so it has a wide range of beliefs.

Feminism is "the theory of the political, economic, and social equality of the sexes" per the freaking dictionary. Now, there are some that argue for just pure equality. There are some that argue that woman need to be raised to "above" men for a time so that they can catch up after all the oppression they've had. There are many ways to interpret this and only SOME of them are sexist. But the philosophy as a whole is not.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
GamrDeb8rBbrH8r
Posts: 341
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 7:32:17 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 9:24:29 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 3/30/2015 7:38:44 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 3/29/2015 4:12:14 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 3/29/2015 8:02:25 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 3/29/2015 12:51:43 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
I think it is.

Spell check, please.
Anyway, why do you think this?

Because feminists are always hating on men. I had to block a feminists for saying that all men are rapists.

That's feminazis you're thinking of.
Same difference.
Actually it's not the same thing.
"There's no diversity because we're burning in the melting pot."

-Immortal Technique

Rap battle VS Truth_Seeker: http://www.debate.org...