Jump to topic:

Unarmed black person killed...AGAIN!

LiberalProlifer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2015 4:40:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
An unarmed black man was was killed. While he was laying on the ground, he was not resisting the pigs, cough, police. The person filming this was threatened by cops. People have the right to film government employees. Here is my link: https://www.youtube.com...
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2015 5:26:52 PM
At 4/8/2015 4:40:08 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
An unarmed black man was was killed. While he was laying on the ground, he was not resisting the pigs, cough, police. The person filming this was threatened by cops. People have the right to film government employees. Here is my link: https://www.youtube.com...

I agree with you that this is shameful.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2015 9:51:33 PM

First, it appears the dog killed him, although, I am not watching the video, as I don't like that channel.
Second, there are laws in some states about filming police officers, so, no, it is not a right. Why do you think it is?

Regardless, I am not sure how I feel on the subject. On one hand, keeping them in check is a good thing; however, it can compromise investigations and amateur video is rarely the whole story.
My work here is, finally, done.
LiberalProlifer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2015 10:00:42 PM
At 4/8/2015 5:26:52 PM, ford_prefect wrote:

Thank you. The corruption in governmental corruption breaks my heart.
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2015 10:05:05 PM
Sometimes I wonder if I can be shot like this one day.
Like.. if I'm stopped and show someone my badge yet they don't believe me.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2015 4:37:53 AM
At 4/8/2015 10:00:42 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:

Guilty as charged
Ashton
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2015 5:33:20 AM
At 4/8/2015 9:51:33 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

First, it appears the dog killed him, although, I am not watching the video, as I don't like that channel.
Second, there are laws in some states about filming police officers, so, no, it is not a right. Why do you think it is?

Regardless, I am not sure how I feel on the subject. On one hand, keeping them in check is a good thing; however, it can compromise investigations and amateur video is rarely the whole story.

I can't tell what's going on, but I think you're wrong about filming the police. It's a right in every state as far as I know, and just generally a good ideal, even if they are wearing body cams, the reason being is that a lot of times, body cam footage isn't released to the public.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2015 5:34:20 AM
At 4/8/2015 10:00:42 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:

Yeah, but you're a liberal and want more government. I am not sure how somebody can ethically say government is corrupt, while als asking for more government.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2015 5:35:16 AM
At 4/8/2015 10:05:05 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

You're 15 years old, I doubt you have a badge.
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2015 6:49:59 AM
At 4/9/2015 5:35:16 AM, Wylted wrote:

No. But I will in a few years time.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2015 6:58:25 AM
At 4/9/2015 6:49:59 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 4/9/2015 5:35:16 AM, Wylted wrote:

No. But I will in a few years time.

Well, have fun violating people's civil rights.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2015 7:39:15 AM
At 4/9/2015 5:33:20 AM, Wylted wrote:

I can't tell what's going on, but I think you're wrong about filming the police. It's a right in every state as far as I know, and just generally a good ideal, even if they are wearing body cams, the reason being is that a lot of times, body cam footage isn't released to the public.

Police filming themselves =/= public filming them.
As I've said, it can compromise an investigation, and if it is a right, then I can use that footage as I want, like posting it on youtube or facebook.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2015 7:45:26 AM
At 4/9/2015 7:39:15 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

As I've said, it can compromise an investigation, and if it is a right, then I can use that footage as I want, like posting it on youtube or facebook.

That's what I don't get. How in the world could it possibly compromise an investigation? When they hold back film, it just feels like a cover up to me. I've contacted a few police departments requesting footage, they supposedly had, on these types of events which they don't release, and I'venever gotten a single straight answer as to how it would compromise an investigation.

Even the police don't seem to buy that crap in a lot of situations. They seem to feel just as betrayed as the public when the chief or media relations, say no comment in regard to these "ongoing investigations", into police brutality.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2015 8:10:15 AM
At 4/9/2015 7:45:26 AM, Wylted wrote:

That's what I don't get. How in the world could it possibly compromise an investigation? When they hold back film, it just feels like a cover up to me. I've contacted a few police departments requesting footage, they supposedly had, on these types of events which they don't release, and I'venever gotten a single straight answer as to how it would compromise an investigation.
1. Details that are not to be released may be overheard and, thus, released. (e.g. a serial killer leaves a calling card)
2. Officer's faces are filmed which could cause problems if they, at a later date, go undercover.
3. Vigilante justice (or criminal intent) can result if a suspect's information is known prematurely.
4. If the suspect is a minor, it is wholly illegal to be "reporting" information that identifies them specifically.
How's that off the top of my head?
There are reasons cameras are not allowed in courtrooms, and those reasons would logically extend to police at crime scenes.

Even the police don't seem to buy that crap in a lot of situations. They seem to feel just as betrayed as the public when the chief or media relations, say no comment in regard to these "ongoing investigations", into police brutality.

Or they don't understand.
Do you know how many times police have told me there is no exception to the seatbelt law, even though there are seven listed in the law explicitly?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2015 8:37:28 AM
At 4/9/2015 8:10:15 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 4/9/2015 7:45:26 AM, Wylted wrote:

1. Details that are not to be released may be overheard and, thus, released. (e.g. a serial killer leaves a calling card)
2. Officer's faces are filmed which could cause problems if they, at a later date, go undercover.
3. Vigilante justice (or criminal intent) can result if a suspect's information is known prematurely.
4. If the suspect is a minor, it is wholly illegal to be "reporting" information that identifies them specifically.
How's that off the top of my head?
There are reasons cameras are not allowed in courtrooms, and those reasons would logically extend to police at crime scenes.

Or they don't understand.
Do you know how many times police have told me there is no exception to the seatbelt law, even though there are seven listed in the law explicitly?

Unfortunately, there is a Supreme Court ruling that police do not have to understand the law to enforce it.