Jump to topic:

No hope for Britain

vivalayeo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2010 7:27:13 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I have lost all faith in the ability of my government to do what's best for it's citizen's in general. Especially when it come's to the middle east.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.dailymail.co.uk...

Cameron who is mean't to be right wing is callinng for an islamic nation to join the EU, which just won't work considering the current climate. I don't doubt that there are a lot of moderate's in Turkey, but you will alway's get those who are intent on causing trouble slipping through. We can discuss this in more depth, but basically if Turkey join's the EU we are going to have a massive influx of people into the rest of Europe. I can actually safely say that I am totally against the EU now.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Secondly the PC brigade's restriction's in Britain is a joke. You can say one mildy offensive thing on TV without offending someone that write's in, complain's and everyone involved is demonised in he press. Sickening.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thirdly, I would like to mention Cameron's abysmal envoy to the US where he described the UK as a junior partner to the US in 1940. Which may be true, but you never bad-mouth or run down you're own country in the public spotlight.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another cop-out, pardon the pun,but is the UK actually a nation anymore? Because it seem's we have no sense of independence, and patriotism left. Winston Churchill must be spinning in his grave.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bottom line is, I am sick of this extreme multi-culturism. I don't mind people emigratig to the UK if they are qualified, go through the proper channel's and benefit our live's as a whole, but the whole thing at the minute is getting to be a bit of a joke.

I hate having to watch what I say in public because everyone take's offense at everything now. Hell, you can't even call Gyspies, Gyspies anymore, they are now 'travelling people' and you can't call someone a secretary, they are a 'Managerial Assistance'. As for Islam, my view is, why do i have to act servile to a religion that does not respect me as an individual or my belief's. Why is it because I am a white male that I feel my voice doesn't count when it come's to the government?

Two example's

I am from Northern Ireland. Due to breaching community relation's it is easier to get a job in the police force if you are from a ethnic minority, a woman or a catholic. This is in the name of equality? Well it doesn't seem very equal to me. People should be selected for the job based on their ability to do their job, not their race, ethnicity, gender or sexuality. Only then will we be truely multi-cultural, when no-one even give's a damn where you are from, what colour your skin is or what you're sexual preference's are. By giving people special right's, whether good or bad, you are tecnically still discriminating and saying they are different, therefore they need to be treated specially. I came up with this view some time ago, then to find Morgan Freeman in an interview about Black history month said a similar thing. Here's the link, it's a must watch.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My second example is this:

Here we actually have it in written policy that if you are a white middle class male, you are not allowed to do work experience in the foreign office. What the hell? This is one of the wors case's i've seen. Ok, I know that white people are seen to be the slaver's of Africa and many other thing's, but honestly, why should I feel like a second class citizen who can't speak because he is expected to be humble and feel guilty for a history and stereotype he had no part in making.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I leave you with a fun song about political correctness, for a bit of a laugh, to lighten the mood.

ttp://www.youtube.com...

Just add the 'h' to the http. I didn't want this video appearing at the top of the screen
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank's for reading. Discuss!
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2010 7:52:32 AM
Thank you for that. I appreciate seeing the perspective of someone's country from someone that lives there. - I really do. Also for the work you put into that post.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2010 8:14:10 AM
At 7/27/2010 7:28:42 AM, vivalayeo wrote:
Sorry the Morgan freeman video is at the top instead of in the proper section.

I love the Morgan Freeman video.

Say no to Black history month!!!
lastrequest691
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2010 8:23:01 AM
Nobody likes you-

Everybody hates English people and I am one of the billions because England is so gloomy, Wales has not come out of Medieval age yet, Scotland do not own Cadbury, Northern Ireland does not even have an Army and Irish people think water=beer.

You are all going down
"That song was absolutely waste of talent; you sounded like a wounded animal and who told you to play the guitar by yourself." Simon Cowell
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2010 8:59:14 AM
At 7/27/2010 7:27:13 AM, vivalayeo wrote:
I have lost all faith in the ability of my government to do what's best for it's citizen's in general. Especially when it come's to the middle east.

Cameron who is mean't to be right wing is callinng for an islamic nation to join the EU, which just won't work considering the current climate. I don't doubt that there are a lot of moderate's in Turkey, but you will alway's get those who are intent on causing trouble slipping through. We can discuss this in more depth, but basically if Turkey join's the EU we are going to have a massive influx of people into the rest of Europe. I can actually safely say that I am totally against the EU now.

Secondly the PC brigade's restriction's in Britain is a joke. You can say one mildy offensive thing on TV without offending someone that write's in, complain's and everyone involved is demonised in he press. Sickening.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thirdly, I would like to mention Cameron's abysmal envoy to the US where he described the UK as a junior partner to the US in 1940. Which may be true, but you never bad-mouth or run down you're own country in the public spotlight.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another cop-out, pardon the pun,but is the UK actually a nation anymore? Because it seem's we have no sense of independence, and patriotism left. Winston Churchill must be spinning in his grave.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bottom line is, I am sick of this extreme multi-culturism. I don't mind people emigratig to the UK if they are qualified, go through the proper channel's and benefit our live's as a whole, but the whole thing at the minute is getting to be a bit of a joke.

I hate having to watch what I say in public because everyone take's offense at everything now. Hell, you can't even call Gyspies, Gyspies anymore, they are now 'travelling people' and you can't call someone a secretary, they are a 'Managerial Assistance'. As for Islam, my view is, why do i have to act servile to a religion that does not respect me as an individual or my belief's. Why is it because I am a white male that I feel my voice doesn't count when it come's to the government?

Two example's

I am from Northern Ireland. Due to breaching community relation's it is easier to get a job in the police force if you are from a ethnic minority, a woman or a catholic. This is in the name of equality? Well it doesn't seem very equal to me. People should be selected for the job based on their ability to do their job, not their race, ethnicity, gender or sexuality. Only then will we be truely multi-cultural, when no-one even give's a damn where you are from, what colour your skin is or what you're sexual preference's are. By giving people special right's, whether good or bad, you are tecnically still discriminating and saying they are different, therefore they need to be treated specially. I came up with this view some time ago, then to find Morgan Freeman in an interview about Black history month said a similar thing. Here's the link, it's a must watch.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My second example is this:

Here we actually have it in written policy that if you are a white middle class male, you are not allowed to do work experience in the foreign office. What the hell? This is one of the wors case's i've seen. Ok, I know that white people are seen to be the slaver's of Africa and many other thing's, but honestly, why should I feel like a second class citizen who can't speak because he is expected to be humble and feel guilty for a history and stereotype he had no part in making.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I leave you with a fun song about political correctness, for a bit of a laugh, to lighten the mood.

ttp://www.youtube.com...

Just add the 'h' to the http. I didn't want this video appearing at the top of the screen
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank's for reading. Discuss!

Okay, the whole PC thing is really annoying and I've never been a fan of positive discrimination either but I would like to take issue with stance on immigration.

First of all, there are 5.5 million British citizens living abroad - that's one in every ten.

http://news.bbc.co.uk...

So if we closed our borders and repatriated foreign citizens don't you think their countries would retaliate by sending our citizens back here?

In any case, England is a nation of foreigners. We have had successive waves of immigration from Germany (the Angles and the Saxons); Denmark, Norway and Sweden (the Vikings) and France (the Normans) who displaced the indigenous Celts (who still inhabit Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) and replaced their culture and language with their own.

That's why I'm writing this in the English language: a mixture of French, German and Old Norse; rather than a Gallic language.

No doubt the ancient Celts felt the same way about immigration from continental Europe as some English people feel about immigration from Asia and Africa do today, but that's the way our nation has evolved and will continue to evolve.

I have noticed, however, that the anti-immigration lobby never complain about immigrants from Australia, New Zealand, Canada, South Africa or the United States: the countries where the majority of foreigners to these shores arrive from; it's always non-Christians with a different skin colour that cause them concern - Turkey being the example cited in this case.

In fact, talking about Turkey, I used to live in Istanbul. Indeed, my Turkish girlfriend is trying to persuade me to move back there. I don't think I'll go (she's got a nasty temper on her and she also has very expensive tastes) but it's nice to have the choice.

And if I have the right to go and live in Turkey, surely the Turks should have the right to come and live in Britain?
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2010 9:16:47 AM
At 7/27/2010 8:23:01 AM, lastrequest691 wrote:
Nobody likes you-

Everybody hates English people and I am one of the billions because England is so gloomy, Wales has not come out of Medieval age yet, Scotland do not own Cadbury, Northern Ireland does not even have an Army and Irish people think water=beer.

You are all going down

Hey I like England. Thats just cause my uncle was from there and when he and my aunt visited they brought me back some chocolate thats only in the UK , and Canada. I do have to say I prefer Canada, but England has benefits too, main one being, it does not touch the US, another Sweeney Todd, but I guess thats about it. Most of the food isn't even good, just the chocolate <3
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2010 9:39:24 AM
At 7/27/2010 9:16:47 AM, lovelife wrote:
Nobody likes you-

You are all going down

Hey I like England. Thats just cause my uncle was from there and when he and my aunt visited they brought me back some chocolate thats only in the UK , and Canada. I do have to say I prefer Canada, but England has benefits too, main one being, it does not touch the US, another Sweeney Todd, but I guess thats about it. Most of the food isn't even good, just the chocolate <3

Britain has its drawbacks: the weather is lousy; the food is poor; the service is abysmal except in the most expansive establishments; the roads are so congested you rarely get into top gear; it has a deep-rooted class system which favours the wealthy at the expense of the poor; the house prices are the most expensive in the world but the wages are only average for Europe – I could go on.

On the plus side, there is a pub on every street corner and even the smallest village has a Chinese and Indian restaurant. In addition, the countryside is beautiful and the cities, especially London, are full of magnificent historic buildings.

Also, thanks to our multi-cultural population, a bloke can go out and pull a bird from any country in the world: I've had long term relationships with girls from Korea, Japan, Germany, Brazil, Iran, Italy, Sweden and Slovakia – I even had a fling with a Gypsy girl!
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2010 9:48:02 AM
At 7/27/2010 9:39:24 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
At 7/27/2010 9:16:47 AM, lovelife wrote:
Nobody likes you-

You are all going down

Britain has its drawbacks: the weather is lousy; the food is poor; the service is abysmal except in the most expansive establishments; the roads are so congested you rarely get into top gear; it has a deep-rooted class system which favours the wealthy at the expense of the poor; the house prices are the most expensive in the world but the wages are only average for Europe – I could go on.

I know, just saying the chocolate is awesome.

On the plus side, there is a pub on every street corner and even the smallest village has a Chinese and Indian restaurant. In addition, the countryside is beautiful and the cities, especially London, are full of magnificent historic buildings.

Yeah. I heard Germany has no Chinese restuarants. Lol Kitty loves Germany and Chinese is his fave food. Wonder how that plays out in his mind.

Also, thanks to our multi-cultural population, a bloke can go out and pull a bird from any country in the world: I've had long term relationships with girls from Korea, Japan, Germany, Brazil, Iran, Italy, Sweden and Slovakia – I even had a fling with a Gypsy girl!

Lol thats awesome.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
vivalayeo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2010 10:05:44 AM
My main gripe wth immigration at the minute is a large number of eastern european's who move over, automatically are granted benefit's status, use tax-payer's money to maintain themselves while contributing nothing. I'm not saying all immigrant's are like that, but there is a fair number. I like having different culture's within Britain, but I'm sick of how we make a big deal of it. Granting special rights to minorities and praising ourselve's for our diversity.

Thing is, you can move to Turkey and validly contribute to it's economy etc. You first have to go through immigration channel's before you are given Turkish citizenship (I'm assuming you don't have it already) but once or if Turkey join's the EU that won't be necessary. The UK is already swamped with people living off benefits. After that we won't have the ability to decide who enter's, who is going to benefit us, and who is going to take advantage of our already over generous, relaxed welfare system.
Veridas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2010 12:22:58 PM
Using the Daily Mail as your one and only source is a bit like saying "I'm right because I say I am." The DM is at best a panic-paper which refuses to consider the plus-side to anything, and it's been sued for libel about three times, something no self-respecting tabloid should ever go through, and hell those lawsuits involved one about Elton John's history, it's not like it would be hard to learn a thing or two about a guy like Elton friggin' John for pete's sake, make an effort guys.

I also find it ironic that the paper is quick to accuse politicians of facism, and yet it favours a right-wing viewpoint (which given the left vs right stance, if memory serves, facism would be extreme right-wing government) and the fact that it does so despite it's support of the Nazis in the 30's.

Saying what you feel needs to be said is one thing, but relying on ignorance and slander is just, well, insulting both intellectually and journalistically. The worst part is I read the damn thing for the best part of a year.

Here's a tip, if you want to use the Daily Mail's viewpoint then try using it alongside other sources, you cannot trust any one tabloid or news organisation entirely, there will always be bias and there will always be arbitrary judgement, variety is the spice of life, they say, in terms of where you get your news, variety is a requirement for accuracy.
What fresh dickery is the internet up to today?
vivalayeo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2010 6:19:07 PM
At 7/27/2010 12:22:58 PM, Veridas wrote:
Using the Daily Mail as your one and only source is a bit like saying "I'm right because I say I am." The DM is at best a panic-paper which refuses to consider the plus-side to anything, and it's been sued for libel about three times, something no self-respecting tabloid should ever go through, and hell those lawsuits involved one about Elton John's history, it's not like it would be hard to learn a thing or two about a guy like Elton friggin' John for pete's sake, make an effort guys.

I also find it ironic that the paper is quick to accuse politicians of facism, and yet it favours a right-wing viewpoint (which given the left vs right stance, if memory serves, facism would be extreme right-wing government) and the fact that it does so despite it's support of the Nazis in the 30's.

Saying what you feel needs to be said is one thing, but relying on ignorance and slander is just, well, insulting both intellectually and journalistically. The worst part is I read the damn thing for the best part of a year.

Here's a tip, if you want to use the Daily Mail's viewpoint then try using it alongside other sources, you cannot trust any one tabloid or news organisation entirely, there will always be bias and there will always be arbitrary judgement, variety is the spice of life, they say, in terms of where you get your news, variety is a requirement for accuracy.

Sorry, but when did I ever say it was my only source? I've read these article's on both BBC, telegraph and daily mail. It was just more convienient to post from one website. Sorry, but you should really be careful about jumping to conclusion's, it makes you look foolish. Thank's for the advice Mr.Pseudo-Intellectual.
Zeitgeist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2010 11:37:57 PM
The UK is in DEEP trouble.

Mostly because of the dreadful Blair and Brown governments and their disgraceful strategies.

We are in deep trouble because of dishonesty by the US banks and finance houses selling worthless financial packages as being of value, we are in deep trouble because the creep Blair became Shrub's poodle, we are in deep trouble because the Blair government didn't understand the difference between multi-cultural and multi-ethnic so resulting in our having colonies sprung up that are not British and have no intention of being.

On top of the we are in deep trouble because Blair put in train the process to hand over a part of Britain to a foreign power – against the wishes of the majority of the population living there (Northern Ireland) we are in deep trouble because Blair broke the UK by separating Scotland off with its own parliament, we are in …… the list just goes on and on.

We are insolvent.

All but bankrupt which we would be if we could not continue to borrow more and more just to meet our present commitments, we have a dreadfully imbalance import / export performance, we are overpopulated, and as the cuts come in to reduce our unsustainably high standard of living so we will face social upheaval if not worse.

We are in DEEP trouble.

But we are not alone. The USA is also in deep trouble and as the Obama lunatic financial strategy falters as it is now doing, and then enters the next phase when it will fail, then of the two countries I much prefer our outlook because as part of Europe although our future looks bleak it's positively shining compared to that which the USA faces as the Great Depression kicks off.

And it will and very soon now. China is making moves away from the US$ as a reserve, and despite attempts by US banks and finance houses the Euro is surviving and gaining ground and now is just starting to be used in the energy markets in place of the US$ for trading in oil.
Veridas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2010 4:55:33 AM
At 7/27/2010 6:19:07 PM, vivalayeo wrote:

Sorry, but when did I ever say it was my only source? I've read these article's on both BBC, telegraph and daily mail. It was just more convienient to post from one website. Sorry, but you should really be careful about jumping to conclusion's, it makes you look foolish. Thank's for the advice Mr.Pseudo-Intellectual.

You didn't say it was your only source, but look at your opening statement, every single source you provide is from the Daily Mail. If you have sources from other areas, great, fantastic, use them. Otherwise all you're saying is "I have a source but it's more convenient for me to not use it" which reduces the value of the source to zero.

And it isn't jumping to conclusions either, looking at your post is all I did. That's not jumping to conclusions, that's reading your post, and the arguments therin, and finding myself compelled to agree with the argument but compelled to be skeptical of the source. If the source is suspect then the argument is suspect, that isn't psuedo-intllectualism or jumping to conclusions, it's common f*cking sense, dipsh!t.
vivalayeo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2010 6:25:23 AM
At 7/28/2010 4:55:33 AM, Veridas wrote:

You didn't say it was your only source, but look at your opening statement, every single source you provide is from the Daily Mail. If you have sources from other areas, great, fantastic, use them. Otherwise all you're saying is "I have a source but it's more convenient for me to not use it" which reduces the value of the source to zero.

And it isn't jumping to conclusions either, looking at your post is all I did. That's not jumping to conclusions, that's reading your post, and the arguments therin, and finding myself compelled to agree with the argument but compelled to be skeptical of the source. If the source is suspect then the argument is suspect, that isn't psuedo-intllectualism or jumping to conclusions, it's common f*cking sense, dipsh!t.

Difference is, this is not a debate, but a simple forum topic. I thought you would have been bright enough to realise that anyone with half a brain check's other media outlet's. Dipsh!t.
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2010 7:11:18 AM
At 7/28/2010 6:25:23 AM, vivalayeo wrote:

Difference is, this is not a debate, but a simple forum topic. I thought you would have been bright enough to realise that anyone with half a brain check's other media outlet's. Dipsh!t.

The fascist tabloid is clearly corroding your language skills as well as your opinions, learn to apostrophise.
Veridas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2010 5:04:23 AM
At 7/28/2010 6:25:23 AM, vivalayeo wrote:
At 7/28/2010 4:55:33 AM, Veridas wrote:

The format doesn't matter, you're still trying to prove a point and you're still using a single source to do so. Nobody said anything to provoke that post, you did it of your own free will, you were under no pressure to react quickly, nor did you have to consider the restrictions of any counterpoints of opponents because there were no opponents, but you decided to make this thread to try and make a point, a point I can only imagine you expected to be challenged since this might be a forum but it's still a forum on DEBATE.org. Dipsh!t.