Total Posts:22|Showing Posts:1-22
Jump to topic:

Indiana boycotts.

LiberalProlifer
Posts: 803
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2015 11:02:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
People should be boycotting Indiana because they discriminate against gays. They are getting what they asked for. If they discriminate against gays, other freedom lovers can discriminate against them. Discrimination can go both ways. https://www.youtube.com...
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2015 11:30:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/9/2015 11:02:23 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
People should be boycotting Indiana because they discriminate against gays. They are getting what they asked for. If they discriminate against gays, other freedom lovers can discriminate against them. Discrimination can go both ways. https://www.youtube.com...

So like on road trips, just drive around the state instead of through it?
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2015 10:12:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/9/2015 11:02:23 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
People should be boycotting Indiana because they discriminate against gays. They are getting what they asked for. If they discriminate against gays, other freedom lovers can discriminate against them. Discrimination can go both ways. https://www.youtube.com...

boycotts can be effective. Look what has happened to Rush.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2015 11:32:23 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/9/2015 11:02:23 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
People should be boycotting Indiana because they discriminate against gays. They are getting what they asked for. If they discriminate against gays, other freedom lovers can discriminate against them. Discrimination can go both ways. https://www.youtube.com...

Then everyone is happy, right? What's the issue?
My work here is, finally, done.
LiberalProlifer
Posts: 803
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2015 7:28:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/10/2015 11:32:23 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 4/9/2015 11:02:23 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
People should be boycotting Indiana because they discriminate against gays. They are getting what they asked for. If they discriminate against gays, other freedom lovers can discriminate against them. Discrimination can go both ways. https://www.youtube.com...

Then everyone is happy, right? What's the issue?

The issue is that if Indiana can discriminate aginst gays, other people can discriminate against Indiana. That is karma.
Varrack
Posts: 2,410
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2015 7:30:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/10/2015 7:28:38 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/10/2015 11:32:23 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 4/9/2015 11:02:23 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
People should be boycotting Indiana because they discriminate against gays. They are getting what they asked for. If they discriminate against gays, other freedom lovers can discriminate against them. Discrimination can go both ways. https://www.youtube.com...

Then everyone is happy, right? What's the issue?

The issue is that if Indiana can discriminate aginst gays, other people can discriminate against Indiana. That is karma.

But the alternative would mean that the government would discriminate against religious beliefs.
LiberalProlifer
Posts: 803
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2015 7:31:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/10/2015 10:12:47 AM, TBR wrote:
At 4/9/2015 11:02:23 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
People should be boycotting Indiana because they discriminate against gays. They are getting what they asked for. If they discriminate against gays, other freedom lovers can discriminate against them. Discrimination can go both ways. https://www.youtube.com...

boycotts can be effective. Look what has happened to Rush.

I agree. Boycotting is a legitimate form of expression. :)
UndeniableReality
Posts: 1,897
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2015 7:32:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/10/2015 7:30:40 PM, Varrack wrote:
At 4/10/2015 7:28:38 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/10/2015 11:32:23 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 4/9/2015 11:02:23 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
People should be boycotting Indiana because they discriminate against gays. They are getting what they asked for. If they discriminate against gays, other freedom lovers can discriminate against them. Discrimination can go both ways. https://www.youtube.com...

Then everyone is happy, right? What's the issue?

The issue is that if Indiana can discriminate aginst gays, other people can discriminate against Indiana. That is karma.

But the alternative would mean that the government would discriminate against religious beliefs.

And beliefs are more important than the lives of people.
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,068
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2015 7:36:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/10/2015 7:32:34 PM, UndeniableReality wrote:
At 4/10/2015 7:30:40 PM, Varrack wrote:
At 4/10/2015 7:28:38 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/10/2015 11:32:23 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 4/9/2015 11:02:23 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
People should be boycotting Indiana because they discriminate against gays. They are getting what they asked for. If they discriminate against gays, other freedom lovers can discriminate against them. Discrimination can go both ways. https://www.youtube.com...

Then everyone is happy, right? What's the issue?

The issue is that if Indiana can discriminate aginst gays, other people can discriminate against Indiana. That is karma.

But the alternative would mean that the government would discriminate against religious beliefs.

And beliefs are more important than the lives of people.

If it's just a cake, then I hardly see how "lives of people" would be an issue here. Were it hospitals, that would be a little extreme, though.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
LiberalProlifer
Posts: 803
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2015 7:37:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/10/2015 7:30:40 PM, Varrack wrote:
At 4/10/2015 7:28:38 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/10/2015 11:32:23 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 4/9/2015 11:02:23 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
People should be boycotting Indiana because they discriminate against gays. They are getting what they asked for. If they discriminate against gays, other freedom lovers can discriminate against them. Discrimination can go both ways. https://www.youtube.com...

Then everyone is happy, right? What's the issue?

The issue is that if Indiana can discriminate aginst gays, other people can discriminate against Indiana. That is karma.

But the alternative would mean that the government would discriminate against religious beliefs. You are using the slippery slope fallacy when you say that it will lead to discrimination against the religious.

You are wrong. Freedom of belief is not the right to force said belief on other people.
UndeniableReality
Posts: 1,897
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2015 7:38:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/10/2015 7:36:25 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 4/10/2015 7:32:34 PM, UndeniableReality wrote:
At 4/10/2015 7:30:40 PM, Varrack wrote:
At 4/10/2015 7:28:38 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/10/2015 11:32:23 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 4/9/2015 11:02:23 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
People should be boycotting Indiana because they discriminate against gays. They are getting what they asked for. If they discriminate against gays, other freedom lovers can discriminate against them. Discrimination can go both ways. https://www.youtube.com...

Then everyone is happy, right? What's the issue?

The issue is that if Indiana can discriminate aginst gays, other people can discriminate against Indiana. That is karma.

But the alternative would mean that the government would discriminate against religious beliefs.

And beliefs are more important than the lives of people.

If it's just a cake, then I hardly see how "lives of people" would be an issue here. Were it hospitals, that would be a little extreme, though.

Are you talking about a cake, or about the new Indianna laws? The new Indianna laws aren't about a cake.
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,068
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2015 7:41:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/10/2015 7:37:14 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/10/2015 7:30:40 PM, Varrack wrote:
At 4/10/2015 7:28:38 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/10/2015 11:32:23 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 4/9/2015 11:02:23 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
People should be boycotting Indiana because they discriminate against gays. They are getting what they asked for. If they discriminate against gays, other freedom lovers can discriminate against them. Discrimination can go both ways. https://www.youtube.com...

Then everyone is happy, right? What's the issue?

The issue is that if Indiana can discriminate aginst gays, other people can discriminate against Indiana. That is karma.

But the alternative would mean that the government would discriminate against religious beliefs. You are using the slippery slope fallacy when you say that it will lead to discrimination against the religious.

You are wrong. Freedom of belief is not the right to force said belief on other people.

In what way would this law force belief upon anyone?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Varrack
Posts: 2,410
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2015 7:49:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/10/2015 7:37:14 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/10/2015 7:30:40 PM, Varrack wrote:
At 4/10/2015 7:28:38 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/10/2015 11:32:23 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 4/9/2015 11:02:23 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
People should be boycotting Indiana because they discriminate against gays. They are getting what they asked for. If they discriminate against gays, other freedom lovers can discriminate against them. Discrimination can go both ways. https://www.youtube.com...

Then everyone is happy, right? What's the issue?

The issue is that if Indiana can discriminate aginst gays, other people can discriminate against Indiana. That is karma.

But the alternative would mean that the government would discriminate against religious beliefs.

You are wrong. Freedom of belief is not the right to force said belief on other people.

Exactly, so why would you force a baker to bake a cake that promotes gay marriage?
LiberalProlifer
Posts: 803
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2015 7:51:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/10/2015 7:49:46 PM, Varrack wrote:
At 4/10/2015 7:37:14 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/10/2015 7:30:40 PM, Varrack wrote:
At 4/10/2015 7:28:38 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/10/2015 11:32:23 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 4/9/2015 11:02:23 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
People should be boycotting Indiana because they discriminate against gays. They are getting what they asked for. If they discriminate against gays, other freedom lovers can discriminate against them. Discrimination can go both ways. https://www.youtube.com...

Then everyone is happy, right? What's the issue?

The issue is that if Indiana can discriminate aginst gays, other people can discriminate against Indiana. That is karma.

But the alternative would mean that the government would discriminate against religious beliefs.

You are wrong. Freedom of belief is not the right to force said belief on other people.

Exactly, so why would you force a baker to bake a cake that promotes gay marriage?

Exactly, so why would you force freedom loving gays to live by bigoted religious ideas?
Varrack
Posts: 2,410
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2015 7:53:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/10/2015 7:51:52 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/10/2015 7:49:46 PM, Varrack wrote:
At 4/10/2015 7:37:14 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/10/2015 7:30:40 PM, Varrack wrote:
At 4/10/2015 7:28:38 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/10/2015 11:32:23 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 4/9/2015 11:02:23 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
People should be boycotting Indiana because they discriminate against gays. They are getting what they asked for. If they discriminate against gays, other freedom lovers can discriminate against them. Discrimination can go both ways. https://www.youtube.com...

Then everyone is happy, right? What's the issue?

The issue is that if Indiana can discriminate aginst gays, other people can discriminate against Indiana. That is karma.

But the alternative would mean that the government would discriminate against religious beliefs.

You are wrong. Freedom of belief is not the right to force said belief on other people.

Exactly, so why would you force a baker to bake a cake that promotes gay marriage?

Exactly, so why would you force freedom loving gays to live by bigoted religious ideas?

I wouldn't. They can visit another place. There are plenty of bakeries out there so it's quite ridiculous to sue force that *one* baker to comply to their agenda.
LiberalProlifer
Posts: 803
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2015 7:55:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/10/2015 7:53:30 PM, Varrack wrote:
At 4/10/2015 7:51:52 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/10/2015 7:49:46 PM, Varrack wrote:
At 4/10/2015 7:37:14 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/10/2015 7:30:40 PM, Varrack wrote:
At 4/10/2015 7:28:38 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/10/2015 11:32:23 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 4/9/2015 11:02:23 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
People should be boycotting Indiana because they discriminate against gays. They are getting what they asked for. If they discriminate against gays, other freedom lovers can discriminate against them. Discrimination can go both ways. https://www.youtube.com...

Then everyone is happy, right? What's the issue?

The issue is that if Indiana can discriminate aginst gays, other people can discriminate against Indiana. That is karma.

But the alternative would mean that the government would discriminate against religious beliefs.

You are wrong. Freedom of belief is not the right to force said belief on other people.

Exactly, so why would you force a baker to bake a cake that promotes gay marriage?

Exactly, so why would you force freedom loving gays to live by bigoted religious ideas?

I wouldn't. They can visit another place. There are plenty of bakeries out there so it's quite ridiculous to sue force that *one* baker to comply to their agenda.

Discrimination is NOT a right. All people have the RIGHT to be treated equally.
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2015 7:58:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/10/2015 7:37:14 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/10/2015 7:30:40 PM, Varrack wrote:
At 4/10/2015 7:28:38 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/10/2015 11:32:23 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 4/9/2015 11:02:23 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
People should be boycotting Indiana because they discriminate against gays. They are getting what they asked for. If they discriminate against gays, other freedom lovers can discriminate against them. Discrimination can go both ways. https://www.youtube.com...

Then everyone is happy, right? What's the issue?

The issue is that if Indiana can discriminate aginst gays, other people can discriminate against Indiana. That is karma.

But the alternative would mean that the government would discriminate against religious beliefs. You are using the slippery slope fallacy when you say that it will lead to discrimination against the religious.

You are wrong. Freedom of belief is not the right to force said belief on other people.

I'm sorry, but the hypocrisy here is just so glaring.

In your world, refusing to take photographs at someones wedding constitutes forcing your beliefs on them, but suing that person when they refuse doesn't? There is one side that's forcing their beliefs on people here, and it isn't the tiny minority of bakers or photographers who aren't comfortable giving up an idea of marriage that was all but universal until a few decades ago.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
LiberalProlifer
Posts: 803
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2015 8:06:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/10/2015 7:58:32 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 4/10/2015 7:37:14 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/10/2015 7:30:40 PM, Varrack wrote:
At 4/10/2015 7:28:38 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/10/2015 11:32:23 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 4/9/2015 11:02:23 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
People should be boycotting Indiana because they discriminate against gays. They are getting what they asked for. If they discriminate against gays, other freedom lovers can discriminate against them. Discrimination can go both ways. https://www.youtube.com...

Then everyone is happy, right? What's the issue?

The issue is that if Indiana can discriminate aginst gays, other people can discriminate against Indiana. That is karma.

But the alternative would mean that the government would discriminate against religious beliefs. You are using the slippery slope fallacy when you say that it will lead to discrimination against the religious.

You are wrong. Freedom of belief is not the right to force said belief on other people.

I'm sorry, but the hypocrisy here is just so glaring.

In your world, refusing to take photographs at someones wedding constitutes forcing your beliefs on them, but suing that person when they refuse doesn't? There is one side that's forcing their beliefs on people here, and it isn't the tiny minority of bakers or photographers who aren't comfortable giving up an idea of marriage that was all but universal until a few decades ago.

You arewrong. I am not a hypocrite. You are using the tu quoque fallacy.
Varrack
Posts: 2,410
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2015 8:12:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/10/2015 8:06:14 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/10/2015 7:58:32 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 4/10/2015 7:37:14 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/10/2015 7:30:40 PM, Varrack wrote:
At 4/10/2015 7:28:38 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/10/2015 11:32:23 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 4/9/2015 11:02:23 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
People should be boycotting Indiana because they discriminate against gays. They are getting what they asked for. If they discriminate against gays, other freedom lovers can discriminate against them. Discrimination can go both ways. https://www.youtube.com...

Then everyone is happy, right? What's the issue?

The issue is that if Indiana can discriminate aginst gays, other people can discriminate against Indiana. That is karma.

But the alternative would mean that the government would discriminate against religious beliefs. You are using the slippery slope fallacy when you say that it will lead to discrimination against the religious.

You are wrong. Freedom of belief is not the right to force said belief on other people.

I'm sorry, but the hypocrisy here is just so glaring.

In your world, refusing to take photographs at someones wedding constitutes forcing your beliefs on them, but suing that person when they refuse doesn't? There is one side that's forcing their beliefs on people here, and it isn't the tiny minority of bakers or photographers who aren't comfortable giving up an idea of marriage that was all but universal until a few decades ago.

You arewrong. I am not a hypocrite. You are using the tu quoque fallacy.

Calling someone a hypocrite doesn't mean they are using the tu quoque fallacy. I really think you need to study your fallacies more.
LiberalProlifer
Posts: 803
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2015 8:21:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/10/2015 8:12:09 PM, Varrack wrote:
At 4/10/2015 8:06:14 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/10/2015 7:58:32 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 4/10/2015 7:37:14 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/10/2015 7:30:40 PM, Varrack wrote:
At 4/10/2015 7:28:38 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/10/2015 11:32:23 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 4/9/2015 11:02:23 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
People should be boycotting Indiana because they discriminate against gays. They are getting what they asked for. If they discriminate against gays, other freedom lovers can discriminate against them. Discrimination can go both ways. https://www.youtube.com...

Then everyone is happy, right? What's the issue?

The issue is that if Indiana can discriminate aginst gays, other people can discriminate against Indiana. That is karma.

But the alternative would mean that the government would discriminate against religious beliefs. You are using the slippery slope fallacy when you say that it will lead to discrimination against the religious.

You are wrong. Freedom of belief is not the right to force said belief on other people.

I'm sorry, but the hypocrisy here is just so glaring.

In your world, refusing to take photographs at someones wedding constitutes forcing your beliefs on them, but suing that person when they refuse doesn't? There is one side that's forcing their beliefs on people here, and it isn't the tiny minority of bakers or photographers who aren't comfortable giving up an idea of marriage that was all but universal until a few decades ago.

You arewrong. I am not a hypocrite. You are using the tu quoque fallacy.

Calling someone a hypocrite doesn't mean they are using the tu quoque fallacy. I really think you need to study your fallacies more.

Fact: I am not a hypocrite. He has no proof that I am a hypocrite.
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2015 8:24:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/10/2015 8:21:19 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/10/2015 8:12:09 PM, Varrack wrote:
At 4/10/2015 8:06:14 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/10/2015 7:58:32 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 4/10/2015 7:37:14 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/10/2015 7:30:40 PM, Varrack wrote:
At 4/10/2015 7:28:38 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/10/2015 11:32:23 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 4/9/2015 11:02:23 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
People should be boycotting Indiana because they discriminate against gays. They are getting what they asked for. If they discriminate against gays, other freedom lovers can discriminate against them. Discrimination can go both ways. https://www.youtube.com...

Then everyone is happy, right? What's the issue?

The issue is that if Indiana can discriminate aginst gays, other people can discriminate against Indiana. That is karma.

But the alternative would mean that the government would discriminate against religious beliefs. You are using the slippery slope fallacy when you say that it will lead to discrimination against the religious.

You are wrong. Freedom of belief is not the right to force said belief on other people.

I'm sorry, but the hypocrisy here is just so glaring.

In your world, refusing to take photographs at someones wedding constitutes forcing your beliefs on them, but suing that person when they refuse doesn't? There is one side that's forcing their beliefs on people here, and it isn't the tiny minority of bakers or photographers who aren't comfortable giving up an idea of marriage that was all but universal until a few decades ago.

You arewrong. I am not a hypocrite. You are using the tu quoque fallacy.

Calling someone a hypocrite doesn't mean they are using the tu quoque fallacy. I really think you need to study your fallacies more.

Fact: I am not a hypocrite. He has no proof that I am a hypocrite.

I actually agree with this, hypocrisy was the wrong way to put it. Irony is better. But I'm pretty ill, give me a break if my word choice isn't the best.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
LiberalProlifer
Posts: 803
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2015 8:31:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/10/2015 8:24:20 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 4/10/2015 8:21:19 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/10/2015 8:12:09 PM, Varrack wrote:
At 4/10/2015 8:06:14 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/10/2015 7:58:32 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 4/10/2015 7:37:14 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/10/2015 7:30:40 PM, Varrack wrote:
At 4/10/2015 7:28:38 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/10/2015 11:32:23 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 4/9/2015 11:02:23 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
People should be boycotting Indiana because they discriminate against gays. They are getting what they asked for. If they discriminate against gays, other freedom lovers can discriminate against them. Discrimination can go both ways. https://www.youtube.com...

Then everyone is happy, right? What's the issue?

The issue is that if Indiana can discriminate aginst gays, other people can discriminate against Indiana. That is karma.

But the alternative would mean that the government would discriminate against religious beliefs. You are using the slippery slope fallacy when you say that it will lead to discrimination against the religious.

You are wrong. Freedom of belief is not the right to force said belief on other people.

I'm sorry, but the hypocrisy here is just so glaring.

In your world, refusing to take photographs at someones wedding constitutes forcing your beliefs on them, but suing that person when they refuse doesn't? There is one side that's forcing their beliefs on people here, and it isn't the tiny minority of bakers or photographers who aren't comfortable giving up an idea of marriage that was all but universal until a few decades ago.

You arewrong. I am not a hypocrite. You are using the tu quoque fallacy.

Calling someone a hypocrite doesn't mean they are using the tu quoque fallacy. I really think you need to study your fallacies more.

Fact: I am not a hypocrite. He has no proof that I am a hypocrite.

I actually agree with this, hypocrisy was the wrong way to put it. Irony is better. But I'm pretty ill, give me a break if my word choice isn't the best.

Thank you for clarifying. :)