Total Posts:32|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Hillary Clinton to run 4 President?

Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2015 5:58:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/12/2015 5:32:46 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
What are your thoughts? I agree with her on somethings, but not others.

I don't know much about her particular stances (other than her Pro-Abortion stance), but it seems to me she's probably going to win.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2015 7:20:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I think she represents the status quo fairly well, and isn't materially different, as far as I can see, from Obama. Should she win -- which is likely -- I don't see much changing.

Granted, I'm a fiscal nihilist, so I actually may support her.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
jzonda415
Posts: 151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2015 7:54:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/12/2015 5:32:46 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
What are your thoughts? I agree with her on somethings, but not others.

I think that she is dishonest, and I disagree with her on pretty much everything, lol.

From what I can tell, I do think there will be enough momentum to shift away from the Clinton families (much in the same way that there is enough to shift away from the Bush family), but there needs to be the correct GOP candidate in place to do that.
LiberalProlifer
Posts: 803
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2015 9:03:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/12/2015 5:58:47 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 4/12/2015 5:32:46 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
What are your thoughts? I agree with her on somethings, but not others.

I don't know much about her particular stances (other than her Pro-Abortion stance), but it seems to me she's probably going to win.

I don't know much either. That's why I posted this.
LiberalProlifer
Posts: 803
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2015 9:08:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/12/2015 7:54:48 PM, jzonda415 wrote:
At 4/12/2015 5:32:46 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
What are your thoughts? I agree with her on somethings, but not others.

I think that she is dishonest, and I disagree with her on pretty much everything, lol.

From what I can tell, I do think there will be enough momentum to shift away from the Clinton families (much in the same way that there is enough to shift away from the Bush family), but there needs to be the correct GOP candidate in place to do that.

Fair enough, please give an example.
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2015 9:35:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I want to see her elected just to p*ss off the GOP.
Exposing them as the fools they are never ceases to amuse me.
The fact that they had a video up against her campaign hours before she even announced it herself is even more humorous.
Maybe that party will be dying soon or being reborn with new blood.

However, the woman does not seem to have shown a proper plan for her presidency yet.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2015 9:50:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/12/2015 7:54:48 PM, jzonda415 wrote:
At 4/12/2015 5:32:46 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
What are your thoughts? I agree with her on somethings, but not others.

I think that she is dishonest, and I disagree with her on pretty much everything, lol.

From what I can tell, I do think there will be enough momentum to shift away from the Clinton families (much in the same way that there is enough to shift away from the Bush family), but there needs to be the correct GOP candidate in place to do that.

I like Jeb :P
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2015 9:51:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/12/2015 9:35:34 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
I want to see her elected just to p*ss off the GOP.
Exposing them as the fools they are never ceases to amuse me.

lol. If she wins, this will happen:
https://www.youtube.com...

The fact that they had a video up against her campaign hours before she even announced it herself is even more humorous.
Maybe that party will be dying soon or being reborn with new blood.

However, the woman does not seem to have shown a proper plan for her presidency yet.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
jzonda415
Posts: 151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 5:16:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/12/2015 9:08:28 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/12/2015 7:54:48 PM, jzonda415 wrote:
At 4/12/2015 5:32:46 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
What are your thoughts? I agree with her on somethings, but not others.

I think that she is dishonest, and I disagree with her on pretty much everything, lol.

From what I can tell, I do think there will be enough momentum to shift away from the Clinton families (much in the same way that there is enough to shift away from the Bush family), but there needs to be the correct GOP candidate in place to do that.

Fair enough, please give an example.

Example of what?
jzonda415
Posts: 151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 5:22:18 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/12/2015 9:50:49 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 4/12/2015 7:54:48 PM, jzonda415 wrote:
At 4/12/2015 5:32:46 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
What are your thoughts? I agree with her on somethings, but not others.

I think that she is dishonest, and I disagree with her on pretty much everything, lol.

From what I can tell, I do think there will be enough momentum to shift away from the Clinton families (much in the same way that there is enough to shift away from the Bush family), but there needs to be the correct GOP candidate in place to do that.

I like Jeb :P

I mean, Jeb isn't that bad, and is certainly preferable to Clinton, by why not Walker or Rubio or someone to shake up the system a little?
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 8:06:28 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/13/2015 5:22:18 AM, jzonda415 wrote:
At 4/12/2015 9:50:49 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 4/12/2015 7:54:48 PM, jzonda415 wrote:
At 4/12/2015 5:32:46 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
What are your thoughts? I agree with her on somethings, but not others.

I think that she is dishonest, and I disagree with her on pretty much everything, lol.

From what I can tell, I do think there will be enough momentum to shift away from the Clinton families (much in the same way that there is enough to shift away from the Bush family), but there needs to be the correct GOP candidate in place to do that.

I like Jeb :P

I mean, Jeb isn't that bad, and is certainly preferable to Clinton, by why not Walker or Rubio or someone to shake up the system a little?

I like how walker runs as a moderate and the governs hard right, and I like Rubio. But I don't think Rubio has the... Political clout to win. I don't know if those are the right words though.

I would vote for Santorum (assuming he ran) if I was in Iowa or NH, but other than him I like Jeb. Carson is cool but he would get hammered for not having experience, which is important
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
xus00HAY
Posts: 1,390
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 8:20:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Hillary will win unless the republicans can nominate an electable candidate.
You can't get the republican nomination unless the social conservatives approve you. Therefore we know that aint gonna happen.
Look, she put up with Bill all these years, the liberals owe her something.
Can she get enough votes?, you ask. You don't have to get the majority of voters to choose you to become president in the US. This was proved in 2000
Nivek
Posts: 242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 9:38:52 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I saw the ad and she seemed to really drive the 'family card' hard. Did she actually have an approval rating of 60% while she was secretary of state or am i seeing things? lol

I enjoy rick perry's 2012 ads more. More editing, More rhetoric, More emotional tantrums.
xus00HAY
Posts: 1,390
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 12:23:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
This will be a 3rd Clinton term not a 3rd Obama term.
Hillary and Bill Clinton are a team. They have been since law school.
Remember when the Clintons were in the White House?
We were having our longest running economic boom and the USA was the worlds only superpower.
Then in 2001 W took charge.* within a few months the economy was as bad as it was when the other George Bush was president, and America had been knocked on the a$$ by 19 Arabs who didn't have guns.

n.b. I did not say he was elected. Every president who actually won an election in a year ending in zero died in office. W is still alive, therefore he must have stole that election.
v3nesl
Posts: 4,495
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 1:19:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/12/2015 5:58:47 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 4/12/2015 5:32:46 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
What are your thoughts? I agree with her on somethings, but not others.

I don't know much about her particular stances (other than her Pro-Abortion stance), but it seems to me she's probably going to win.

So it sounds to me like her best bet is to not campaign at all. The less people see of her the better they'll like her.
This space for rent.
LiberalProlifer
Posts: 803
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 1:43:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/13/2015 5:16:15 AM, jzonda415 wrote:
At 4/12/2015 9:08:28 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/12/2015 7:54:48 PM, jzonda415 wrote:
At 4/12/2015 5:32:46 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
What are your thoughts? I agree with her on somethings, but not others.

I think that she is dishonest, and I disagree with her on pretty much everything, lol.

From what I can tell, I do think there will be enough momentum to shift away from the Clinton families (much in the same way that there is enough to shift away from the Bush family), but there needs to be the correct GOP candidate in place to do that.

Fair enough, please give an example.

Example of what?

A few examples of why you don't trust her.
Rosalie
Posts: 4,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 6:04:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Why on earth should she even run for president? She committed fraud then deleted everything off of her internet server so she wouldn't get caught.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
xus00HAY
Posts: 1,390
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 8:31:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
If there was any evidence she committed fraud, she got rid of it, eh Rosalie?
Have you seen the other people who want to be president? One of those people helped his brother steal an election when he was governor. If we can forgive that, we are not gonna care about some improper use of e-mail.
Welfare-Worker
Posts: 1,178
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2015 8:46:26 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I was going to say 2 to one for Hillary, against all comers.

Looks like I am in good company.

Hillary Clinton is the early favorite to win the 2016 presidential race.
Sportsbook operator William Hill has made the former Secretary of State a 2-to-1 favorite. As of Monday, the odds to win the election were: Clinton, 2-1; Senator Marco Rubio, R-Fla., 6-1; former Florida Governor Jeb Bush, 9-1; New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, 10-1; New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, 12-1; and Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., 16-1.

Betting on American elections is legal in Europe, but not in Nevada casinos.
http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com...

Extremists are not going to do well, and that is all I see.
Conservatives just do not get it. Their hard core 25% or 30% may be more fervent, ready to die if need be, that doesn't win elections.
They may have the money to buy the election, if they can back one man, that is their only chance that I can see.
v3nesl
Posts: 4,495
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2015 9:11:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/14/2015 8:46:26 AM, Welfare-Worker wrote:
I was going to say 2 to one for Hillary, against all comers.

Looks like I am in good company.

Hillary Clinton is the early favorite to win the 2016 presidential race.
Sportsbook operator William Hill has made the former Secretary of State a 2-to-1 favorite. As of Monday, the odds to win the election were: Clinton, 2-1; Senator Marco Rubio, R-Fla., 6-1; former Florida Governor Jeb Bush, 9-1; New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, 10-1; New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, 12-1; and Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., 16-1.

I don't think it's 2-1 by any stretch. I think Mitt Romney had it about right: 49% are going to vote to keep a check coming, and that's Hillary. Maybe 30-40% will vote for whomever the GOP candidate is. The other 11% will be what the election is about.

And is Hillary really going to be able to pull off the "champion of the poor" schtick? That's a stretch, even die hard fans will have to admit that. I don't think it's going to be that hard to paint her as "let them eat cake" instead. "I can't be responsible for every underfunded business in America", for instance. And she just has a certain nails-scraped-across-the-blackboard quality to her, I think people may be thoroughly sick of her by election day. Hence my suggestion that she just not campaign at all. She only has to swing 2% of the non I-want-my-check part of the population.
This space for rent.
jzonda415
Posts: 151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2015 9:34:06 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/13/2015 1:43:53 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/13/2015 5:16:15 AM, jzonda415 wrote:
At 4/12/2015 9:08:28 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/12/2015 7:54:48 PM, jzonda415 wrote:
At 4/12/2015 5:32:46 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
What are your thoughts? I agree with her on somethings, but not others.

I think that she is dishonest, and I disagree with her on pretty much everything, lol.

From what I can tell, I do think there will be enough momentum to shift away from the Clinton families (much in the same way that there is enough to shift away from the Bush family), but there needs to be the correct GOP candidate in place to do that.

Fair enough, please give an example.

Example of what?

A few examples of why you don't trust her.

I mean, her current email scandal is troubling, and I don't see a really good defense of her exclusive use of personal e-mail. This covers the scandal pretty well: http://www.politifact.com...

It's not just this though; she has a long history of scandal: http://www.breitbart.com...

It doesn't necessarily stop at her scandals, I also don't care for the persona she emits. She is someone I just could never really get behind, even if I did agree with her positions.
jzonda415
Posts: 151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2015 9:52:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/13/2015 8:06:28 AM, 16kadams wrote:
At 4/13/2015 5:22:18 AM, jzonda415 wrote:
At 4/12/2015 9:50:49 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 4/12/2015 7:54:48 PM, jzonda415 wrote:
At 4/12/2015 5:32:46 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
What are your thoughts? I agree with her on somethings, but not others.

I think that she is dishonest, and I disagree with her on pretty much everything, lol.

From what I can tell, I do think there will be enough momentum to shift away from the Clinton families (much in the same way that there is enough to shift away from the Bush family), but there needs to be the correct GOP candidate in place to do that.

I like Jeb :P

I mean, Jeb isn't that bad, and is certainly preferable to Clinton, by why not Walker or Rubio or someone to shake up the system a little?

I like how walker runs as a moderate and the governs hard right, and I like Rubio. But I don't think Rubio has the... Political clout to win. I don't know if those are the right words though.

I would vote for Santorum (assuming he ran) if I was in Iowa or NH, but other than him I like Jeb. Carson is cool but he would get hammered for not having experience, which is important

I would vote for Santorum too (although his position on the minimum wage is something that's a tad troubling), but he, like Jeb, isn't someone I would support in a primary. If Jeb ends up winning, I could probably get behind him, but I would still argue that Paul, Walker, or Rubio would be the best choices.
Welfare-Worker
Posts: 1,178
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2015 10:38:21 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/14/2015 9:11:38 AM, v3nesl wrote:
At 4/14/2015 8:46:26 AM, Welfare-Worker wrote:
I was going to say 2 to one for Hillary, against all comers.

Looks like I am in good company.

Hillary Clinton is the early favorite to win the 2016 presidential race.
Sportsbook operator William Hill has made the former Secretary of State a 2-to-1 favorite. As of Monday, the odds to win the election were: Clinton, 2-1; Senator Marco Rubio, R-Fla., 6-1; former Florida Governor Jeb Bush, 9-1; New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, 10-1; New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, 12-1; and Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., 16-1.

I don't think it's 2-1 by any stretch. I think Mitt Romney had it about right: 49% are going to vote to keep a check coming, and that's Hillary. Maybe 30-40% will vote for whomever the GOP candidate is. The other 11% will be what the election is about.

And is Hillary really going to be able to pull off the "champion of the poor" schtick? That's a stretch, even die hard fans will have to admit that. I don't think it's going to be that hard to paint her as "let them eat cake" instead. "I can't be responsible for every underfunded business in America", for instance. And she just has a certain nails-scraped-across-the-blackboard quality to her, I think people may be thoroughly sick of her by election day. Hence my suggestion that she just not campaign at all. She only has to swing 2% of the non I-want-my-check part of the population.

Well, your argument is against Las Vegas professional bookmakers.
They don't take this stuff lightly.
People who do not like Hillary, say "No way, no how, ain't going to happen."
Professionals, who have nothing to lose but money, say all things considered, she's got it.

In order for her to lose, someone else has to win - and that is the tough part.
It is not so hard to make a case for why she could lose, but making a case for someone else winning, even harder.
JMO - and the professional bookmakers.
Welfare-Worker
Posts: 1,178
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2015 10:45:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/14/2015 9:34:06 AM, jzonda415 wrote:
At 4/13/2015 1:43:53 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/13/2015 5:16:15 AM, jzonda415 wrote:
At 4/12/2015 9:08:28 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/12/2015 7:54:48 PM, jzonda415 wrote:
At 4/12/2015 5:32:46 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
What are your thoughts? I agree with her on somethings, but not others.

I think that she is dishonest, and I disagree with her on pretty much everything, lol.

From what I can tell, I do think there will be enough momentum to shift away from the Clinton families (much in the same way that there is enough to shift away from the Bush family), but there needs to be the correct GOP candidate in place to do that.

Fair enough, please give an example.

Example of what?

A few examples of why you don't trust her.

I mean, her current email scandal is troubling, and I don't see a really good defense of her exclusive use of personal e-mail. This covers the scandal pretty well: http://www.politifact.com...

It's not just this though; she has a long history of scandal: http://www.breitbart.com...

It doesn't necessarily stop at her scandals, I also don't care for the persona she emits. She is someone I just could never really get behind, even if I did agree with her positions.

She and Bill have a history of overcoming scandals and wining.
That is the rest of the story.
They say Hillary is very abrasive in person, and that Bill is so overpoweringly charismatic, he more than makes up for her problems.
Her campaign is up close and personal, and I am sure she has been polished in that direction- ready to meet the masses face to face.
I expect she was advised of her personality problems, and has waxed over them.
LiberalProlifer
Posts: 803
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2015 4:03:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/14/2015 9:34:06 AM, jzonda415 wrote:
At 4/13/2015 1:43:53 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/13/2015 5:16:15 AM, jzonda415 wrote:
At 4/12/2015 9:08:28 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/12/2015 7:54:48 PM, jzonda415 wrote:
At 4/12/2015 5:32:46 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
What are your thoughts? I agree with her on somethings, but not others.

I think that she is dishonest, and I disagree with her on pretty much everything, lol.

From what I can tell, I do think there will be enough momentum to shift away from the Clinton families (much in the same way that there is enough to shift away from the Bush family), but there needs to be the correct GOP candidate in place to do that.

Fair enough, please give an example.

Example of what?

A few examples of why you don't trust her.

I mean, her current email scandal is troubling, and I don't see a really good defense of her exclusive use of personal e-mail. This covers the scandal pretty well: http://www.politifact.com...

It's not just this though; she has a long history of scandal: http://www.breitbart.com...

It doesn't necessarily stop at her scandals, I also don't care for the persona she emits. She is someone I just could never really get behind, even if I did agree with her positions.

Fair enough. The email scandal was a major blunder.
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2015 4:31:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/14/2015 9:52:10 AM, jzonda415 wrote:
At 4/13/2015 8:06:28 AM, 16kadams wrote:
At 4/13/2015 5:22:18 AM, jzonda415 wrote:
At 4/12/2015 9:50:49 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 4/12/2015 7:54:48 PM, jzonda415 wrote:
At 4/12/2015 5:32:46 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
What are your thoughts? I agree with her on somethings, but not others.

I think that she is dishonest, and I disagree with her on pretty much everything, lol.

From what I can tell, I do think there will be enough momentum to shift away from the Clinton families (much in the same way that there is enough to shift away from the Bush family), but there needs to be the correct GOP candidate in place to do that.

I like Jeb :P

I mean, Jeb isn't that bad, and is certainly preferable to Clinton, by why not Walker or Rubio or someone to shake up the system a little?

I like how walker runs as a moderate and the governs hard right, and I like Rubio. But I don't think Rubio has the... Political clout to win. I don't know if those are the right words though.

I would vote for Santorum (assuming he ran) if I was in Iowa or NH, but other than him I like Jeb. Carson is cool but he would get hammered for not having experience, which is important

I would vote for Santorum too (although his position on the minimum wage is something that's a tad troubling), but he, like Jeb, isn't someone I would support in a primary. If Jeb ends up winning, I could probably get behind him, but I would still argue that Paul, Walker, or Rubio would be the best choices.

Marco is best NA, but I'm not into Paul or walker. I mean walker is cool but I dunno. I am not a big fan.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2015 6:25:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/14/2015 9:52:10 AM, jzonda415 wrote:
At 4/13/2015 8:06:28 AM, 16kadams wrote:
At 4/13/2015 5:22:18 AM, jzonda415 wrote:
At 4/12/2015 9:50:49 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 4/12/2015 7:54:48 PM, jzonda415 wrote:
At 4/12/2015 5:32:46 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
What are your thoughts? I agree with her on somethings, but not others.

I think that she is dishonest, and I disagree with her on pretty much everything, lol.

From what I can tell, I do think there will be enough momentum to shift away from the Clinton families (much in the same way that there is enough to shift away from the Bush family), but there needs to be the correct GOP candidate in place to do that.

I like Jeb :P

I mean, Jeb isn't that bad, and is certainly preferable to Clinton, by why not Walker or Rubio or someone to shake up the system a little?

I like how walker runs as a moderate and the governs hard right, and I like Rubio. But I don't think Rubio has the... Political clout to win. I don't know if those are the right words though.

I would vote for Santorum (assuming he ran) if I was in Iowa or NH, but other than him I like Jeb. Carson is cool but he would get hammered for not having experience, which is important

I would vote for Santorum too (although his position on the minimum wage is something that's a tad troubling)

True, but I still like him :P

Luckily he isn't for a $10.10. He tweeted the CBO result of 500k jobs lost. He understands it is bad and said he wouldn't raise it in times of economic turmoil. I think the rate to which he would raise it is way under $10, maybe $8. I would oppose it but the effect would at least be small. Plus, remember he represented PA. He would have never been elected had he not supported it, and a super majority (76%) of Americans support a raise. So for all we know, he may have that position for political reasons.

I wouldn't support a MW increase, but instead tax cuts, spending cuts, and expanded EITC along with Fed policies (yeah yeah I know you hate the fed) to spur economic growth.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
v3nesl
Posts: 4,495
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2015 8:56:55 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/14/2015 10:38:21 AM, Welfare-Worker wrote:
At 4/14/2015 9:11:38 AM, v3nesl wrote:
At 4/14/2015 8:46:26 AM, Welfare-Worker wrote:
I was going to say 2 to one for Hillary, against all comers.

Looks like I am in good company.

Hillary Clinton is the early favorite to win the 2016 presidential race.
Sportsbook operator William Hill has made the former Secretary of State a 2-to-1 favorite. As of Monday, the odds to win the election were: Clinton, 2-1; Senator Marco Rubio, R-Fla., 6-1; former Florida Governor Jeb Bush, 9-1; New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, 10-1; New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, 12-1; and Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., 16-1.

I don't think it's 2-1 by any stretch. I think Mitt Romney had it about right: 49% are going to vote to keep a check coming, and that's Hillary. Maybe 30-40% will vote for whomever the GOP candidate is. The other 11% will be what the election is about.

And is Hillary really going to be able to pull off the "champion of the poor" schtick? That's a stretch, even die hard fans will have to admit that. I don't think it's going to be that hard to paint her as "let them eat cake" instead. "I can't be responsible for every underfunded business in America", for instance. And she just has a certain nails-scraped-across-the-blackboard quality to her, I think people may be thoroughly sick of her by election day. Hence my suggestion that she just not campaign at all. She only has to swing 2% of the non I-want-my-check part of the population.

Well, your argument is against Las Vegas professional bookmakers.


And I'm tempted. Got a link to where I could get in on these odds?
This space for rent.