Jump to topic:

Political Science- How to win argument

john1529
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2015 6:46:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Long story short, I'm a college student who wants to gain political science course credit for a marketing internship.

It might be a stretch, but I need to convince the college how marketing is relevant to the field of political science.

Any thoughts/ways to win this argument?
Thanks!
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2015 7:45:26 PM
At 4/17/2015 6:46:46 PM, john1529 wrote:
Long story short, I'm a college student who wants to gain political science course credit for a marketing internship.

It might be a stretch, but I need to convince the college how marketing is relevant to the field of political science.

Thanks!

Aren't all political campaigns predicated on marketing? Perhaps start with that.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
john1529
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2015 9:47:18 AM
At 4/18/2015 7:45:26 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

Thanks!

Aren't all political campaigns predicated on marketing? Perhaps start with that.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'm definitely thinking about saying something along those lines.

Any other ideas? I could really use the help.
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2015 9:49:48 AM
At 4/20/2015 9:47:18 AM, john1529 wrote:

Thanks!

Thanks for the suggestion! I'm definitely thinking about saying something along those lines.

That seems like the most glaring idea, though you could even say, that post election, marketing is used to incite the public toward some case in order to pressure politicians to vote in a certain way. Every time you see, for instance, an online petition for some issue -- guns, etc. -- that's technically marketing.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2015 1:30:04 PM

Thanks!

All campaigns are marketing. Campaign finance reform is an issue specifically about money used for advertisements. Looking good is another marketing technique politicians use. I mean, not looking bad is important. See the Nixon v Kennedy debate, Nixon wasn't appealing, in part, because he wasn't beautiful.

PACs are another link. The media being liberal is another. It shouldn't be that hard m80
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2015 7:15:27 PM
At 4/20/2015 9:49:48 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 4/20/2015 9:47:18 AM, john1529 wrote:

Thanks!

That seems like the most glaring idea, though you could even say, that post election, marketing is used to incite the public toward some case in order to pressure politicians to vote in a certain way. Every time you see, for instance, an online petition for some issue -- guns, etc. -- that's technically marketing.

Message me.... :(
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3